37 replies to this topic

#1 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 20:40

Looking at my row of medals I had a thought, why arent there one for participating in GvGs?

bounty hunters get a medal
PvPers got one in fact they share a 2nd one with bounty hunters with smasher

people who just level get top 20

SE hunters get one

arena players have one

you even can get one for having a lot of gold!

I suggest a medal based on participation say 100 for bronze, 500 for silver and so on.

It would not only be something nice for the people who have done them forever but also help to see just how "pro" that recruit really is. Id love to see Ripple with a ruby one. It would bring more players into gvg if just for a medal and also bring a sense of satisfaction to GvGers who make the medal tiers too :)

thanks for the consideration :)

#2 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 27 February 2013 - 20:44

I'd agree only if it worked similar to how the guild loyalty medal works ;)

#3 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 20:52

and initially started from scratch, everyone on a level playing field :)

#4 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2013 - 20:56

If thats the case, reset the GvG Ladder too ;)

#5 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 20:59

I disagree, bounty hunters and top 20 dont reset if you change a guild,,,,also one point I made for this medal is so anyone can see who is really a "pro" GvGer,, those who advertise as such but have no medal clearly are not a "pro"

also on start from 0 although that would be ok if it had to be that way it would be better imo to go back and include all the player has done.

But a reset to GvG ladder with it?? Hmmm interesting tho I feel like with pvp the gvg ladder should have occasional resets maybe every month or 2 to keep it current.

#6 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 21:01

If thats the case, reset the GvG Ladder too ;)

Gee yea isnt that a great way to accumulate all the work and organize it in such a beneficial flash :roll:

eqnq15.png                  

#7 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2013 - 21:03

I disagree, bounty hunters and top 20 dont reset if you change a guild,,,,also one point I made for this medal is so anyone can see who is really a "pro" GvGer,, those who advertise as such but have no medal clearly are not a "pro"

also on start from 0 although that would be ok if it had to be that way it would be better imo to go back and include all the player has done.

But a reset to GvG ladder with it?? Hmmm interesting tho I feel like with pvp the gvg ladder should have occasional resets maybe every month or 2 to keep it current.

If you want to make this medal show the 'best' GvGers, why not top 20/100 with the best win/loss ratio? This would involve coding wins/losses for individual players though.

Gee yea isnt that a great way to accumulate all the work and organize it in such a beneficial flash :roll:

There are a painful amount of inactive guilds on the GvG Ladder as it is... it NEEDS a reset imo

#8 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 21:07

If you want to make this medal show the 'best' GvGers, why not top 20/100 with the best win/loss ratio? This would involve coding wins/losses for individual players though.

So if stalemates were to occur that particular GvG conflict for the ratio as far as proportions can go would be desolate yes?

There are a painful amount of inactive guilds on the GvG Ladder as it is... it NEEDS a reset imo

Im just saying.. :wink:

eqnq15.png                  

#9 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 21:08

Having a GvG medal, were one to be introduced, does not prove someone is a "Pro-Gvg'r" - all it proves is that they do a lot of 'em.

Same as an SE medal doesn't prove someone in a "Pro-Se Hunter" - it just means they've killed a lot of 'em.

To me, for what it's worth, a "Pro-GvG'r" is someone that tests their skills against other ready/prepared guilds, and not farms the weak/unwilling and a "Pro-SE Hunter" is someone that hunts their own SE's (at great stamina expense) rather than paying for locations.

OK, the above paragraph is somewhat off-topic, but sure, if you guys want a medal for it, fine - but lets just call it as it is - another medal that will be earned honestly by some, abused by others :)

#10 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 21:22

Having a GvG medal, were one to be introduced, does not prove someone is a "Pro-Gvg'r" - all it proves is that they do a lot of 'em.

Same as an SE medal doesn't prove someone in a "Pro-Se Hunter" - it just means they've killed a lot of 'em.

To me, for what it's worth, a "Pro-GvG'r" is someone that tests their skills against other ready/prepared guilds, and not farms the weak/unwilling and a "Pro-SE Hunter" is someone that hunts their own SE's (at great stamina expense) rather than paying for locations.

OK, the above paragraph is somewhat off-topic, but sure, if you guys want a medal for it, fine - but lets just call it as it is - another medal that will be earned honestly by some, abused by others :)

I actually took all that into consideration before posting,,

A gvg is paid for to start win lose or draw (also a great point for the medal, bounty hunters pay tickets, arena players gold, SE hunters stam, GvG players pay more into the game than those and dont get a medal to show for it) and just considered the cows and decided doing participation was easier than going back and picking wins from losses or draws. Unlike other medals that,,,hesitate to say "cheating" since buying a loc is ok with tos as is buying a bounty (although a very bad idea), you cant really "cheat" on a gvg medal,, well other than start one and not do them which is a dumb idea or hitswap which is just not something that would work out and in the end the guild is still paying for the conflict anyway.

It really wont prove anything but to the person who earned it but others can see by the medal how many someone has done and it may help deciding if they want to accept them as a gvger but mostly this is for the players who have done many just for the fun of it.

Also considered the start from 0 and loyalty thing and decided it is a player achievement more than a guild one,,, by comparison a arguement could be made to strip bounty and pvp ticks away if you leave a guild based on their help with buffs, same with SE,, we wouldnt want to take medals away because groups were used right?

The GvG ladder needs a thread too, its in need of resets,, with restrictions out there now on targets the ladder list is once again needing a refresh since inactive guilds are again showing as placed.

#11 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 21:43

Retrospectively?
Would I have to farm again in order to get that medal....?
What's the point of GvG(or PvG) medal-it would be the same as the PvP(or dominance) one...useless shiny thingy on your profile,nothing else(?).

#12 uhsword

uhsword

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 21:46

Still many active players that are not GvG players would just see this as rudimentary and premature w/o enough context and want the discussion to end there w/ no more disputes elsewhere

How do you suggest this medal be segregated to those multiple gvgers who are in the same guild and one winned more than the other participant and vice versa but still has considerable dollops of losses even tho the guild conflict was a success is this supposed to be an immediate anti-drug?.. Apparently its the sense of accomplishment w/ no good deed being unpunished anemie :wink:

eqnq15.png                  

#13 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 21:46

Retrospectively?
Would I have to farm again in order to get that medal....?
What's the point of GvG(or PvG) medal-it would be the same as the PvP(or dominance) one...useless shiny thingy on your profile,nothing else(?).

yep pretty much,, just like all the other ones but still nice to be able to get and nice to show how hard you did work on it.

#14 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:53

Bronze: participation in 25 victories against top 10 GvG guilds
Silver: 100
Gold: 250
Crystal: 500
Ruby: 1000 :shock: :P

and +1 to what Mae said, if you leave you lose

#15 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:54

its been talked about before but nothing came of it. Also, I could see having 2 medals, one for wins and one for successful defend wins / defend ties. Would make it current with how gvg operates today.

#16 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 22:49

Lots of cool feedback, so nobody doesnt want it?

I have to admit I have a personal interest in this. I want to know how many I really have done, I lost count long before there was RP for it so I would really like it to count your lifetime stats for it.

Just counting wins is great too but I dont want that to be something that becomes too much trouble to do because of it.

I am not against a Conflictor medal to count your lifetime and a loyal fighter one that only counts the ones for that guild. That would be pretty cool actually :)

#17 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 22:57

I wouldnt mind a medal, but there is no way this should be retroactive to gvg's you have done.

the only medals that did this were the 1's that counted days like logging in or top 100.

Every other medal you have to obtain the amount after it comes out.
-titan
-bounty hunter
-SE
-Chests
etc...

#18 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 23:28

I wouldnt mind a medal, but there is no way this should be retroactive to gvg's you have done.

Agreed. If a medal came out, then there would be an incentive to GvG. There would actually be some competition to be the best then!

#19 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 23:31

Does not really worry me either way all medals in the game really only reflect how much you have done something ,None of them reflect how skilled you are at doing it.
Personally I would like to see a medal for wins v top 10 gvg guilds ...

#20 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 23:33

Can all Guilds hit the top 10?

Cheers.

wil72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users