RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 19 January 2015 - 17:34

Since the wishlist post I have been thinking about how crafting skills could get a bit of a boost in game and since enchanting comes up so often as a suggestion, I thought I'd rattle off a few ideas about how it could be implemented.

An enchanting bench could be added to all blacksmith areas:

This bench would allow you to convert an empty gem slot into a selected skill (Steal on hit, +att power, +sorc, +ranged, +melee, + crit chances, +haste, +healing power, +block).

You would only be able to enchant a level 40 tailored item if you have level 40 tailoring etc

The enchanting bench would cost 10*level of item to be enchanted in order to apply the enchantment, so 1 gem slot on a level 45 item is going to set you back 450 gold

While you get to pick the skill you want to enchant the gem slot with, you do not control the strength of the roll obtained. However the chance the random roll produces a higher value could depend paying an additional cost of 1 or more of the following: Flakes/EP/Rare gathered items.

I am not sure how to fairly calculate what items to use to increase the chances of a good roll, I will leave that up to others to work out what they would be willing to risk as at the end of the day someone could add nothing and roll 281 haste on an essence and someone else could pay the max allowable and only roll 150.

This leads me on to the next idea which is the ability to transmute an items stats:

Take my level 20 knife that has vit, melle and focus roll. However I am a ranger and I want to change this to a vit, ranged, focus roll or be cheeky and go vit, ranged, +ranged att power instead.

The transmutation would again mean I need level 20 weaponsmith, and the cost would depend on what skill I am converting into what.  Going from vitality -> energy/focus or vice versa would be a tier 1 conversion (price to be decided), going from melle->ranged/sorc would be a tier 2 conversion.

Going from gem stat -> gem stat would be a tier 3 conversion, and going from vitality/energy/focus/melle/sorc/ranged -> gem stat would be a tier 4 conversion.

I was thinking something along the lines of item level * tier * 10 for a gold cost to transmute but this quickly jumps over the gold cap for free to play players so again, I will leave the fair costing up to others.

Mapping tables would have to be created as well that correlate 20 sorc/melle/ranged to an appropriate gem ability roll so that you cant get a mad +800 melle att power on a level 25 item.

Finally the ability to completely reforge an items stats:

Given a roll of +20 vit, +40 sorc +40 focus, I want to reforge this removing some vit and focus and transfer these to sorc.

I would again rank the stats as tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3 so that +1 tier 3 = 2 tier 2 stat points = 4 tier 1 stat points. (again conversions to be tweaked for balance)

this means that in order to get 41 sorc on my item i need to remove 2 points from either vitality or focus (or one point from each). I think the ability to reforge should cost at least 5 gold*item level PER POINT removed. Points. So in order to in order to take 2 vitality points from my level 45 essence it costs 45 gold. In order to put 1 stat point into a gem rolled stat it would cost 90 gold, however, 1 gem stat point != a single point.

It would again depend on the mapping tables so 1 point might equal 30 melle attack power or 10 haste etc

I do think all 3 skills have merit and that the could be a potentially large gold sink if all the finicky details were worked out correctly  :D

#2 Ood

Ood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 19:19

I like the idea, though it's all a bit complicated. Are we talking hybrid weapons only here, or are we going to let people reforge (or whatever the name was) the vitality out of their fabled xbow in favor of more damage, or other such similar things? Some things apply to gem slots, others to rolled stats, others to base stats?

This WOULD be a good gold sink, yes. However, I guess I like my idea of recycling gear altogether better:

https://forums.hunte...-hearth-add-on/

Would add more gems to the game (you still need a ridiculous amount to get perfects), and even if shards were provided (as suggested), people would still have to buy more (gem fusing is one of the big gold sinks of the game). 

Still like the idea of more customization options, always nice to be able to make things your own, and how you want them.

#3 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 20 January 2015 - 13:57

I like the idea, though it's all a bit complicated. Are we talking hybrid weapons only here, or are we going to let people reforge (or whatever the name was) the vitality out of their fabled xbow in favor of more damage, or other such similar things? Some things apply to gem slots, others to rolled stats, others to base stats?

Enchanting would only apply to items with an empty gem slot available.

Transmuting would apply to all weapons/armor (maybe limit that certain gem sabilities cant be placed on certain armor items etc). You would be able to transmute say +300 melle into +300 sorc/ranged but if you wanted to transmute a melle roll into say healing power, a conversion table would need to be ceated to calculate how much healing power "X" amount of melle is equal to.

Reforging would apply to all weapons/armor  but would possibly have certain limitations -> eg you cannot go more the +/- 20 on a level 40 item, +/- 5 on a level 10 item  -> this would prevent certain items becoming very OP but would still allow some customisation into crafting.

I do like you idea of creating arcane shards by recycling, but this is specifically aimed at enhancing current craft options  :)

I like the many ideas of enchanting that have been bandied about, I am trying to think up of an implementation that could be used as a gold sink that doesnt break the the game by introducing majorly OP weapons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: