7 replies to this topic

#1 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 03:46

Since it's been said in a few places on past threads that this will never be finished, is there some way we can have it removed entirely from our quest books? Seems silly that we'll never have 100% completion of quests because of one quest that can't or won't ever be complete.

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 March 2022 - 03:51

At the least add a "the end" part where we go talk to the fairy or something, she tells us what a good job we're doing and we get a handful of gold or stam (preferably stam)....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 04:45

I'm sorry, I must have missed something. They have announced they will never complete it?

I am sure with enough support we could see it on a future roadmap at some point.

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 05:01

I'm sorry, I must have missed something. They have announced they will never complete it?

I am sure with enough support we could see it on a future roadmap at some point.

The question of why Present Darkness has never been completed has been asked of BG many times in Global...
The answer has always been that the author of said quest is long gone from FS and there are no plans whatsoever to complete it...  I've mentioned my simple solution to this dilemma on several occasions, both in Global and in this very forum... I can't recall if the cows have ever responded one way or another to my suggestion, however...
Hence, it irritates every one of us with its ever *present* presence on all our quest books....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#5 Edith3000

Edith3000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 06:23

At the least add a "the end" part where we go talk to the fairy or something, she tells us what a good job we're doing and we get a handful of gold or stam (preferably stam)....

Some Epic reward, definitely :D

uvG2ReE.jpg

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 13:23

I think the epic quest should be continued. It's sort of a pseudo tutorial for the first 100 levels or so. It gives the new guys a lot of current stam to get addicted as well.

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 14:05

I think the epic quest should be continued. It's sort of a pseudo tutorial for the first 100 levels or so. It gives the new guys a lot of current stam to get addicted as well.

You make a good point... the actual "real tutorial" should lead directly to the epic quest arc, and tbh, should be expanded to include things like composing... Having Present Darkness conclude with no possible ending, with a promise of one to come, is irritating to those of us who have been around forever... 

Newcomers aren't going to be enticed to stick around long enough to get as addicted to the game as some of us are with a perpetually unfinished quest...  Especially those that come directly from downloading the app... A majority of those will do what I do when a new game turns out to be another money pit... they will delete the app and move on to something "better".  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 14:36

I'd love it to also tie in some PvP/Ladder/Arena/Joining a guild etc... Why not just throw it all in somehow. Expose people to everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: