Posted 05 February 2010 - 15:33

#62 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 00:36

looks like about 5 mil every month. :D well, it is one way to use the energy. also great for making lot of cr

#63 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 00:37

looks like about 5 mil every month. :D well, it is one way to use the energy. also great for making lot of cr

Yeah, give up FC farming and get credits....

lol. Depends on how many Behemoth how much I get.

#64 ss_lyzander

ss_lyzander
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2010 - 18:49

Since these numbers are the results of an "unintended consequence", maybe this thread should also be locked?

#65 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 19:46

ohhhh my...how old are you ?

#66 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 22:51

since it was stated this is an unintended consequence
the solution is to lock the players faction contribution at 20% of the player xp (which was intended)
while the top 2 factions could easily battle each other on this, the losers will be all those below who can't or won't compete, these type of situations usually result in players leaving the game and if the game starts dieing we all lose.

#67 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 23:08

That discusssion thread is closed (well, it was supposedly a bug)....

This is in accomplishments....

#68 dylune

dylune

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:48

That discusssion thread is closed (well, it was supposedly a bug)....
This is in accomplishments....

In my personal opinion, to point out millions of XP gained by exploiting an "unintended consequence" is not an accomplishment. Try to get a player from day 1, before he gets any XP, make him join your faction and earn the truly HIGHEST Contributed Faction XP in game up till the last lvl and I'll tip my hat to that Faction / player.
Or you think adding up FXP this way should really be called an accomplishment?

#69 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:40

well, to get back to the intention of this thread, i have been passed , and he is the first to accomplish over 20 million faction XP, in our faction. hopefully i can race him to 30, and get back on the path to 100, and in striking distance of eco. time will tell..

it's a shame an accomplishments thread, and one of the oldest live threads in the forum is jumped on like this, especially because another thread is closed.. shamefull.

#70 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:43

Try to get a player from day 1, before he gets any XP, make him join your faction and earn the truly HIGHEST Contributed Faction XP in game up till the last lvl

We have several of these, so tip away - they are welcome to post their accomplishment....

#71 ss_cloneatack

ss_cloneatack
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:21

I know this is a sensative subject with strong feelings on both sides- and that people want a forum to say them, but BG did close the thread it was to be discussed in and did ask us to not to restart it. So hopefully it will stay on topic. As RD said this is one of the oldest active threads, so hopefully if it does go off topic BG will just prune it back rather than shut this one down too.

BTW congratulations eco. damn you are a FXP machine. I have been with DeepBlue since lvl 1 and you are approximately double my FXP. What an awesome effort!

#72 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:54

Posted Image

careful guys....

although I have my own opinions with the method, it is an accomplishment so leave it alone lest we have a few less members in the morning.

#73 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:13

No, we are not going to lock the thread. An unintended consequence is not the same as a bug or an exploit, is perfectly legal within the rules of the game and as long as it's there, whoever chooses to take advantage of it can do so.

This is an Accomplishments thread, so please keep any snippy comments out of it. If you don't personally approve of the method and don't consider it an accomplishment, then don't post. Simple guys - don't make me prune this.
Louisa Gallie
Senior Concept & UI Artist

#74 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:45

#75 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:56

Please permit me to keep silent ^^

#76 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:19

well done eco

and there was no reason at all for you to post Mamorukun..if you have nothing nice to say, then stay out of the topic :x

jealousy will get you nowhere :lol: :lol: :lol:

#77 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 17:24

Jealousy? Anyway you're right about one point Supermum: I should have said something kind. So congratz on being top 1 deleveling player Eco ^^ But being from a concurrent faction, you'll understand that my hope is to see you leave SS for a reason or another, and take away with you that huge amount of XP, ghehehe :twisted:

#78 nestor

nestor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:12

[...]But being from a concurrent faction, you'll understand that my hope is to see you leave SS for a reason or another, and take away with you that huge amount of XP, ghehehe :twisted:

This is more than low, even if (or not...) meant in a 'funny' way.

#79 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:41

[...]But being from a concurrent faction, you'll understand that my hope is to see you leave SS for a reason or another, and take away with you that huge amount of XP, ghehehe :twisted:

This is more than low, even if (or not...) meant in a 'funny' way.

No, I wasn't trying to be funny :( I -really- hope to see those XP gone from SS, so we can start thinking of reaching them again ^^ What is the problem with my sentence exactly?

#80 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:47

Please permit me to keep silent ^^

Jealousy? Anyway you're right about one point Supermum: I should have said something kind. So congratz on being top 1 deleveling player Eco ^^ But being from a concurrent faction, you'll understand that my hope is to see you leave SS for a reason or another, and take away with you that huge amount of XP, ghehehe :twisted:

And ironically you can't! You can't even refrain from attempted snide remarks, "top 1 deleveling player."

Every player has the same potential at energy gain. How everyone uses their energy is... up to them!

This is an Accomplishments thread, so please keep any snippy comments out of it. If you don't personally approve of the method and don't consider it an accomplishment, then don't post. Simple guys - don't make me prune this.

Looks like some pruning is necessary to return this accomplishment thread to exactly that, instead of opinionated hijackings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: