278 replies to this topic

#41 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 20:57

In the situation that a guild is fully upgraded, maybe those FSP won for the daily event should go to the founder for dispersal?  Or maybe (not sure how feasible), make them attainable by entering a code similar to a gift code.

A guild is never maxed on upgrades.. it cost 1 fsp to initiate a gvg use the rewards towards that.

#42 Thiudimir

Thiudimir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:02

I like the concept.

Apologies if someone already brought it up, but perhaps a cooldown period would be a good idea?

For guild rewards, perhaps a guild leader could opt for FSP direct to guild, or a lesser equivalent of gold (say, 150K gold per FSP) to the guild bank for those who prefer it?

#43 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:03

Note I've removed the FSP amounts from the original post and replaced them with 'a' through 'e', where 'a' is the highest and 'e' is the lowest. We'll need to think over the actual numbers before it gets implemented so I think it's better just to leave any values out at the moment :)

A guild is never maxed on upgrades.. it cost 1 fsp to initiate a gvg use the rewards towards that.

True and also to feature the guild on the "Home" page too actually :)

#44 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:03

It would be accessible to all as the event targets wouldn't be tied to a specific level. For example if the event was to get the most "Vermin" kills, it wouldn't matter if the creatures being killed were level 1 or 1,000.

I don't really see that as an end-all solution in the example given. It wouldn't preclude anybody, but it would give an advantage to stam banks.

That said and before angst we've already seen, I don't think that's "necessarily" a bad thing. I do actually feel that huge stam banks need stuff to do.

I'm just concerned about equality above and beyond what, I think it was, hades said about stam being burnt out.

I don't even know what new stam is these days.

(...) but no fsp. It will just make ppl stop donating in the long run.

That's a concern I have as well.

1. daily quests are nice for those sitting at end of content gives them a reason to log in and burn stam

2. basically impossible to get people complaining about it being unfair since everybody has to put in the same effort to do them.

Edited and numbers added by me in the above quote.

1. Full on agree and think it's good.

2. Seriously? lmao. That question is simply because I've never seen a proposal go without a complaint.

The last bit on 2 is simply to think about what you said in 1.

I want to reiterate, I don't want to penalize for big stamina banks. Just trying to think "game-wide", myself excluded.

My opinion may not count, btw. I'm happy to state that.

Horrible idea !

Basically because i suggested this and daily log in rewards a year ago and got shot down,

Kudos to you for admitting that you proposed a horrible idea, lmao.

Please don't take this as a "flame".

I don't know if "better late than never" applies or not.

That said, right or wrong, things take time here in FS. I don't get why you wouldn't support your own idea.

But hey, that's your right.

#45 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:04

I like the concept.

Apologies if someone already brought it up, but perhaps a cooldown period would be a good idea?

There would be some cooldown to ensure the next event ends at a different time (likely an hour or two later than the previous one) :)

#46 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:08

I may be shoving my hoof in my mouth, but I think Thiudimir was more directed at a cooldown in the Titan sense.

Ie, not just the event itself but the players involved.

#47 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:12

I may be shoving my hoof in my mouth, but I think Thiudimir was more directed at a cooldown in the Titan sense.

Ie, not just the event itself but the players involved.

why would we have a cool down on DAILY events.. these are designed to get us all playing everyday, not to play in one then be locked out for a week.

#48 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:18

why would we have a cool down on DAILY events.. these are designed to get us all playing everyday, not to play in one then be locked out for a week.

Yeah, I don't really agree either... just saying how I read it... note the "may be sticking my hoof in my mouth" ,oP

Personally, I thought the OP was pretty clear on the idea of switching times to include all time zones.

Really, that's what led me to believe that Thiud was suggesting something else.

Edited by Egami, 06 July 2016 - 21:19.

#49 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:24

So we are forced to use the FSP for a game mechanic that we don't enjoy?  That seems pretty unfun.  And daily homepage advertising...really?

Edited by iceman66, 06 July 2016 - 21:25.

#50 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:37

So we are forced to use the FSP for a game mechanic that we don't enjoy?  That seems pretty unfun.  And daily homepage advertising...really?

fun ...yes..that is what seems to be missing for quite awhile in fs land...fun...game used to be loads of fun...arena used to be fun playing for prizes..now we play for kiddie arcade tickets, gvg used to be fun..till it got to expensive to start a gvg.., titan hunting used to be fun when others were in there with you chasing the titan around..now after secure, they wait for 1 person to boringly kill the titan to get it over with.....bb, pvp also have lost the fun factor......now most of the game is a chore, mainly due to mechanics....hopefully some ideas will come out of this and make the game fun again...it sorely needs it..

#51 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:44

Love the idea, my immediate thinkings without going too deep.

For player daily, FSP ok, no-one can have too many of them things,,,

For guild though, I would like to see something like Guild points, that can be traded for either FSP upgrades, RP or TKP..

And also guild total scores to be based on "total points / ALL members". (minimum member divisor 10, to disuade 1 man guilds etc) to ensure the more team orientated and active guilds are rewarded, not just those with lots of members.

Edited by Plexus37, 06 July 2016 - 21:45.

#52 Halfdemon1

Halfdemon1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:45

I personally like the idea of the daily events and the fsp payouts. I know many players are worried about an overflow of fsp in the game, but fsp leaves the game all of the time in the forms of starting GVGs, posting bounties (need bounty tickets), or upgrading your character. Hopefully if there is more fsp in the game, we may even see the fsp market finally go down again.

As for guilds with full upgrades, you may considered sitting that day out for the daily events if you do not require anymore fsp in the guild. This will give some of the smaller guilds a chance to build themselves up.

#53 Halfdemon1

Halfdemon1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:48

Love the idea, my immediate thinkings without going too deep.

For player daily, FSP ok, no-one can have too many of them things,,,

For guild though, I would like to see something like Guild points, that can be traded for either FSP upgrades, RP or TKP..

And also guild total scores to be based on "total points / ALL members". (minimum member divisor 10, to disuade 1 man guilds etc) to ensure the more team orientated and active guilds are rewarded, not just those with lots of members.

I like the idea of the guild total scores to be based on total points / members, but some guilds let their members come and go as they like and those members have no impact on the daily events. It may work better if you did "total points / participating members" or "total points / active members".

#54 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:53

I guess if a guild is maxed out on FSP upgrades that would potentially be a problem. I don't think making it possible to withdraw from the guild is a good idea, but open to other ideas as to what we would do in this situation :)

Easy solution to this ..

Make Guild Store Slots "open-ended" - i.e. no maximum.

Problem solved, as no guild will ever be maxxed out.

Edited by Pardoux, 06 July 2016 - 21:54.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#55 NIBIRU

NIBIRU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:54

I like egg salad sandwiches, salt and pepper they awesomo...Kenyatta.jpg

#56 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2016 - 21:54

i would say it should be a min of 10 active members.

#57 redking

redking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 22:04

DO IT.

Daily events is a no brainer.  Makes it useful to login daily and actually play this game.

#58 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 22:15

Easy solution to this ..

Make Guild Store Slots "open-ended" - i.e. no maximum.

Problem solved, as no guild will ever be maxxed out.

I like that idea :)

#59 disavow

disavow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 22:16

No no no.

Big stam pools don't matter(says the person with 145,000+ stam pool). We all gain stam at the same rate(says the person getting 49 stam per hour from 9 top end epics). Tie it into arena(says the person with 1500 arena wins). LOL Give me a break. If you don't tier it in a way that allows a variety of winners, it will just be another thing that a mass of people do to bolster up the upper end players.

Lets revisit this in 6 months and look at the list of winner, shall we? Gee I wonder who it will be? I wonder who will have the resources to put into it.

You wanna make this fair, tier it. You have so many wins, you compete against people with that many wins. No medal against no medal, bronze against bronze, silver against silver, etc...

#60 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2016 - 22:19

This is a pretty nice new touch to the game for us to do everyday, but Im pretty sure Ive heard it brought up before. In any case some things need to be reworked a bit I think. I like the reward system (on top of medals) but I think FSP is a bit too much. To give FSP to over 100 players daily would add quite a bit to the game weekly or over time and kinda devalue FSPs worth. 

Id much rather see rewards given out that revolve around the theme of the daily event, like exclusive higher level potions given out to the top player(s), and tokens given to participants ranked below that could be spent towards these higher level potions (probably a bit above the level of global potions). For guilds I think a similar approach should be given where the winning guild get points that go towards buff packs (similar to RP pack, but not RP obv). I think some other options for rewarding players could be with reserve stamina since its something everyone could use if they dont find a choice at a set of potions appealing.

Also tbh I dont think there will be 100 people willing to take part in the daily events everyday, since we still have other goals in mind for our stamina/funds. It might just end up being a tradeoff between our stamina and the top few rewards tiers leading to maybe just 25 or so people participating on a daily basis. You could prevent this by not having a live leader board so its more of a mystery as to how much it will take to actually win. This way it would be hard for players to do enough to just edge out enough players to get certain rewards, while still giving them motive to take part since a full 100 players will be rewarded for their efforts.

Keeping out something like most arena wins would definitely keep an even advantage to the lower level players who cant play as many arenas (and dont forget we have a cap on how many players per guild can join an arena). If anything I think the top few players (1-3 maybe) should be locked out from participating in the daily event for the following day just to allow players who may not normally have a shot at winning to win once in awhile. You should probably leave PvP out of it too anyway, wed probably have the same issue with PvP seasons of not having equal amounts of targets and the complaining of Xp/Gold loss. I think PvP Ladder wins are fair game for a daily event though, it should throw a bit more people into the ladder every now and then.

TL;DR Definitely agree that getting more than just five allegiance tokens daily is a good idea for those who really enjoy to play the game.

Edited by Achub, 06 July 2016 - 22:39.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: