Guild Founder's Protest for a Rank Name

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Guild Founder's be able name their own rank? (228 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Guild Founder's be able name their own rank?

1. Voted Yes (193 votes [84.65%])

Percentage of vote: 84.65%

2. Voted No (35 votes [15.35%])

Percentage of vote: 15.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 xerious1

xerious1

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 19:56

I would have to agree that a personal rank would be very cool. I would also like to say that Guild Founders suffer the most loss in the game. We provide the equipment(that depreciates in value usually), guild structures, and yes other players may and do contribute but its up to the guild founder to make sure there's gold in the bank, clothes on ppls backs, and to ensure new active players keep flowing in to keep the XP growing. If you ask me being a guild founder is a totally different role opposed to all other players. Its called responsibility and we sure carry more of that load than anyone. If all we ask in this forum is a rank for ourselves I personally think its the LEAST that can be done for us. All I ever see is this player or that who are full of complaints and totally thankless. It's about time Guild founders get something, even if it is our own rank. Guild Founder, sure its a good title, but Its also a curse, at least if we could change it it wouldn't be so bad :)

#22 Nappeh

Nappeh

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 19:58

I love the idea and it is overdue. I'd love the opportunity to humiliate myself publicly as I do all my other guild members! rofl

#23 fs_playdd

fs_playdd
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 20:07

I most surtianly would say yes, after being founder for a very long time of a guild... especially when there is fun in the guild with rank name competitions etc -

We all know the top dude is the "founder' but with all the co founders and stuff, these days many people run a guild not just 1 and they can all have their own ranks, why not the top guy too??

#24 Bobbage

Bobbage

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 20:10

Great idea and long overdue!

#25 Weapon4war

Weapon4war

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 20:14

Great idea and long overdue!

+1

#26 RogueReven

RogueReven

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2011 - 20:38

I agree guild founders should be able to create their own titles.

#27 fs_tangtop

fs_tangtop
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 21:18

It would also be good to have an indicator for guild officers.
As simple as a checkbox on the rank screen, check it if the player is an officer and it shows up as separate text (in color) under their guild rank.
Or you could use another text field for the officer title.

e.g.
Chezo
Big Cheez of Order of the Blue Rose
Guild Founder

Where "Big Cheez" is the rank and "Guild Founder" is the officer title.

#28 fs_chezo

fs_chezo
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 21:52

As simple as a checkbox on the rank screen, check it if the player is an officer and it shows up as separate text (in color) under their guild rank.

e.g.
Chezo
Guild Founder

OHH That would be awesome!!! :D :D :D You Rock! lol

#29 fs_dsjupiter

fs_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 22:11

Has been suggested many times before (and obviously never happened). But if this were to take place I would like to see some way of distinguishing a guild founder and guild officers. If not then meh, not really for it.

#30 fire248

fire248

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 23:00

I would like to put in that I like the idea for personal ranks for the guild founder, but at a cost. Some people have small guilds and they dont have people qualified to take the founder rank, then there is the fact there are some people that act goodie goodie ans when they have a chance at power, the RUIN the entire guild. I have seen it several times...

#31 sjohn

sjohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:51

YES :lol: i think this could be a chance for all guild founders to have a little fun for once there always on top yes but yew get bored being there all the time lets make it possible its not lyk it can hurt anyone i mean the guild founders will always remain the guild founders jus that they would be able to have thier own rank :} food for thought

#32 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:20

I like the idea, will make a change , see how creative guild founders can get , WEE

#33 fs_chad1

fs_chad1
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:28

The original topic was "Do you think guild founders could have their own rank name". It is a simple question and needs a simple answer "Yes" or "No". It does not matter how much it will take HCS to impliment it or whether it will cause conflicts in guilds, all Chezo was asking is, "Do you think Guild Founders have the right to have a a personal rank just like every other player in the game or should they continue to be ostricised from the fun and games that come with having a cool name/rank.

#34 fs_ragingwave

fs_ragingwave
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:53

Well, waht purpose would it serve? IMO, you are the guild founder, no need to pump up yourself any further.

Here is something to think about (programming wise). If you have multi founders, and if each wanted to have their own rank, you'd have to shell out the FSP for each rank.

That and, when a person looks in a guild to see who is the founder, it is true, the top rank person may not be it.

Personally, there is too much else to improve with on the game then this trivial little thing.

Better HCS to focus themselves on other issues that need tending.

+1

+1. I have no problem with the suggestion, but I don't see it having the importance of promises made months ago and have gone to the present day unfulfilled. By all means, founders should have their own ranks... But priorities, no? A very small percent of FS is made of guild founders, to say the least.

#35 fs_leader24

fs_leader24
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:07

Well, waht purpose would it serve? IMO, you are the guild founder, no need to pump up yourself any further.

Here is something to think about (programming wise). If you have multi founders, and if each wanted to have their own rank, you'd have to shell out the FSP for each rank.

That and, when a person looks in a guild to see who is the founder, it is true, the top rank person may not be it.

Personally, there is too much else to improve with on the game then this trivial little thing.

Better HCS to focus themselves on other issues that need tending.

+1

+1. I have no problem with the suggestion, but I don't see it having the importance of promises made months ago and have gone to the present day unfulfilled. By all means, founders should have their own ranks... But priorities, no? A very small percent of FS is made of guild founders, to say the least.

+100 lol

Im aware it will be fun for the guild founders but i believe and so do many others, that Fs has many things that need to be changed,implemented, or fixed before this happens... dont think too many people will be too happy if they see this implemented in the game before something that will actually "change" the game for everyone .

#36 vegasmark

vegasmark

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:56

+1 ... if anyone doesnt agree with this, they are just negative and need a REAL life.

#37 Skitzo0666

Skitzo0666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:01

Back on track! *Puts the train back on the tracks and hits the level* CHOO CHOO ALL ABOARD!

I think it is a lovely idea, me being a guild founder I may be a bit biased. I would love something other than "Guild Founder" As personal ranks add a bit of flair and finesse to a character (Especially head of a guild) ESPECIALLY if the character has a personality that "Guild Founder" just cannot augment or fit. If you know what I mean. I think at the LEAST we should be allowed one or two words before "Founder" if that HAS to stay in there. Great idea chezo hun +1 on it :D and here is hoping we get our way!

#38 chslayer

chslayer

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:19

I think it is great idea!

When put down to brass roots, why shouldn't the GF's have a little more fun and individuality?

#39 Abyssion

Abyssion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:31

e.g.
Chezo
Guild Founder

+1

#40 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:39

as always its a nice idea but its not a necessity. Frankly, I am my guild's founder. I -have- my personal ranking however because someone I can trust is willing to sit in the boring space and make the adjustments as necessary when something new is added to the game that the top founder has to assign to ranks. There are work arounds. Having it be a default would be awesome, but with so many other things of more importance in the game in terms of playability - I'd rather have the time put towards that, than towards something like this.

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: