Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2012 - 00:27

In this latest update we have further improved the guild aspect of the game by making the follow changes:

1) You can now create a guild without depositing Fallen Sword Points into it. We've also changed the minimum level required to create a guild to 5.

2) Within the guild recruiting page, you can now mark your guild as 'recruiting'. By doing this, your guild will appear on the updated join page which we are planning to add later this week (note that your guild will only appear to players who meet the min join level criteria set by your guild).

3) We've added a new page within the guild recruiting section which has a list of players who have recently joined the game, have completed the tutorial to the point that they have reached the Mountain Path realm and are not currently in a guild. If you are in a guild and have permission to recruit, click here to check this out now!

We feel these changes will encourage more players to try out creating their own guild and make it easier for new and existing guilds to invite players to join them.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 00:38

1) You can now create a guild without depositing Fallen Sword Points into it. We've also changed the minimum level required to create a guild to 5.

Not only it gives people easier access to make multi, you guys also don't delete inactives right? Are you sure this is good for the game server?

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#3 fs_panther4

fs_panther4
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2012 - 00:39

So free guild creating now?

#4 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:03

You no longer need to deposit Fallen Sword Points when you create a guild.

The aim of this is to encourage more players to create guilds as we feel it is a very important aspect of the game :)

#5 fs_panther4

fs_panther4
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:06

The aim of this is to encourage more players to create guilds as we feel it is a very important aspect of the game :)

Sorry for the trouble but one more time, it still charges you 10 fsp correct? Im a little confused :oops:

#6 krypt118

krypt118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:10

Very nice update again Hoof, the welcome team should love this one.

Have checked out this thread yet. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106775
I think it as merit.

#7 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:14

I think this is not a good idea at all.

Every newbie will be able to create a guild now whether they have the funds to keep it going or not. They will then recruit other newbies who are still rather unfamiliar with the game, which can be very demotivational (not sure if this is a word) to the recruits and may even make them quit the game. If someone doesn't have the 10 fsp to create a guild, then they have no business making a guild in the first place.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#8 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:22

I think this is not a good idea at all.

Every newbie will be able to create a guild now whether they have the funds to keep it going or not. They will then recruit other newbies who are still rather unfamiliar with the game, which can be very demotivational (not sure if this is a word) to the recruits and may even make them quit the game. If someone doesn't have the 10 fsp to create a guild, then they have no business making a guild in the first place.

I think it's a retrograde step too, but for a different reason. New players should be encouraged to JOIN a guild to find their way in the game, but encouraging them to CREATE one (along with the associated expense - because just making the creation free doesn't alter everything else) will, I fear, make them not stick around.

Making a guild carries with it an in-game financial responsibility and those fsps have to come from somewhere. Let players find their way FREE for awhile at least, before passing round the hat :)

#9 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:28

We can tweak the minimum level again in the future - lets see how it goes with this change for now :)

I think if players want to join an established guild, they will. This update makes it easier for players try out creating their own guild and will hopefully encourage the creation of more guilds :)

#10 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:02

Hi HCS.

While you are working on the recruiting page,
could you please make it possible,
to see + cancel existing guild invites?

As it is now, an invite can not be un-done by the
guild/guildmember who sent out the invite.

Only the player who has been invited, can cancel it.

As a result, players who did not join a guild,
could suddenly "pop up" in the guild,
months or years, after the invite was sent.

In a worst case scenario,
this can be abused as part of a guild take over.

Regards,
Kildek

#11 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:27

If someone doesn't have the 10 fsp to create a guild, then they have no business making a guild in the first place.

word...

#12 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:40

I can see taking the fee away, but I think the level to start a guild should have remained the same.

New players need mentors, they don't need to be trying to mentor other new players. If anything the base level to start a guild should go up to ensure that the person starting a guild has some knowledge and a grasp of the game before they start influencing others.

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#13 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:49

You realize most new guilds fail / go inactive. We'll see how this plays out, but I think its not a smart move on your part.

SIDENOTE: I feel there are better things to be working on than this ...

#14 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:33

Please remove the direct invite button from the new recruiting page. New players will get spammed with invites this way by active recruiters like myself.

As for the comment that most guilds fail... yes that is true. You will likely see more guilds that are being started up, but then die due to the running costs that most players cannot afford. Not just talking about structures, but equipment aswell. Not many players stick around if you do not provide gear for them, especially not in a just-started guild.

#15 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:05

Yet another view from outside (the guilds, that is). Without commenting on what has already been posted: The old guild list had so many guilds listed it made the mind reel. The new one is much better, more realistic for day to day use, and yet to me it's a band-aid, covering the fact of how much FS has lost over the the last couple of years. Also, while the new list does cover the "active" guilds, it does not show (probably couldn't) the active members of each guild. From my perspective a lot of these guilds have an unhealthy number of players who haven't signed on in literally years. They are only there because: they have massive xp donations which the guild is loath to loose, or they have huge backpacks and are being used as mules. Either way, they are not true members. This could be misleading to a joining newer player.
While guilds are an important part of the game, they should NOT be the "be all, end all" of FS You can get by quite nicely without being in a guild. Granted, you do not level as quickly, have gear that will allow you to slay the maiden and rescue the dragon with one hit, and have instant access to free buffs. And I don't want to forget, having access to the font of wisdom that your other guldmates have. (omitting, of course, Goth75 who hasn't checked in in 3 years...) You can still enjoy the game however, and that's what we're all here for.
In short, I'm glad to see some of the changes, and I thank the guys in the milking parlor for working on them, but perhaps some serious tweaking can still be done

#16 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 17:13

From my perspective a lot of these guilds have an unhealthy number of players who haven't signed on in literally years. They are only there because: they have massive xp donations which the guild is loath to loose, or they have huge backpacks and are being used as mules. Either way, they are not true members.

They are friends actually, xp donations and backpacks are not that important.... but I agree that if players are not playing the game anymore they shouldn't be more 'valuable' (for a guild) than any new player willing to play this game. All those ladders should reflect a real state, this is not a museum. Make new players more 'valuable' than retired players, and create some guild's Hall of Fame for our retired friends.

#17 Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 17:44

In this latest update we have further improved the guild aspect of the game by making the follow changes:

I've got to say, this seems counter-productive to me.

You eliminate dead guilds from the A to Z listing, in order to allow players to more easily find active ones. Then you make it easier for people to create new guilds, many (if not most) of which will be abandoned because of inadequate support.

Anyone who cannot afford 10 FSP to start a guild has no business running one.

Other than that, good changes.

#18 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 24 May 2012 - 18:13

I've got to say, this seems counter-productive to me.

You eliminate dead guilds from the A to Z listing, in order to allow players to more easily find active ones. Then you make it easier for people to create new guilds, many (if not most) of which will be abandoned because of inadequate support.

Anyone who cannot afford 10 FSP to start a guild has no business running one.

Other than that, good changes.

+1

#19 Katreena

Katreena

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 19:27

I agree with you to a degree on this Hoof. But in making it easier for new players to create guilds, when the majority of them have no clue at all of the responsibility in the upkeep of said guild ..... is only setting them up for failure. You have a tutorial in teaching folks how to begin their journey in FS as a beginning player ...... I feel with these new changes, that a tutorial should be mandatory for those wishing to start their own guild. That way they can at least make more of an informed choice of what they're undertaking.

#20 fs_deathvigil

fs_deathvigil
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2012 - 20:06

I also do not agree with or like number 1, about the guilds. Leave it the way it was. Just my 2 cents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: