#41 chslayer

chslayer

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:14

Hi :)

Ok, let me start by saying that I know really nothing about how much work is put into these art works. I can take an educated guess at the very best. So I have judged on personal likes/ dislikes and tried to take into account the themes and the task set etc. I understand that everyone has tried their best :)

Let me also add that it was HELL to try and score all these and I nearly gave up.

I wish everyone one of you all the best of luck!!

~Kym

Group 1
A - 7/10 ( I like this, but not a fan of the font)
B - 5/10 ( The picture is ok, but something is off about the writing and the border)
C - 6/10 ( Too busy of a pic to make it all out? and to me more demon than devil)

Group 2
A- 5/10 ( just too light and fuzzy)
B-9/10 ( I really like how this is so bright. I can see this being a card)
C- 9/10 ( I cant even put a reason why I like this one. It really grows on you for some reason)

Group 3
A- 5/10 ( a great pic & work, but reminds me of one of the fantastic 4 and not a tarot card)
B- 10/10 ( love the muted tones and the border colours tying in the pic. )
C- 5/10 ( Just doesnt appeal)

Group 4
A-7/10 ( the figures to me seem more of a different 'era' than what I associate with tarot)
B- 2/10 ( just dont like it)
C- 5/10 ( might be good work, but to me doesnt reflect a magician)

Group 5-
A- 10/10 ( I really like this... would be happy to have this on my wall even lol)
B- 10/10 ( just awesome work really. )
C- 1/10 ( I dont think the figure is really apt for this card etc )

Group 6
A- 9/10 ( I love the grunge background and font; prefect pic for the card as well)
B- 7/10 ( I dont personally like it; actually thought it was mislabeled in the font till I spotted the horns )
C- 8/10 ( well put together, but a little dull )

Group 7
A- 10/10 ( love the border and the way it is put together)
B- 6/10 ( just not sure what i dont like here)
C- 4/10 ( I just dont like)

#42 Noeni

Noeni

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:25

It takes like 10 mins max 15 mins to type .I don't know if this will help you voters,but you can type it all out on your word document. and copy and past it into dialog box/post.everyone here sits more than 20 mins at the pc/laptop just a suggestion.

bannerfans_6199711.png

#43 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 July 2012 - 13:03

I believe we need to let the artists vote in the GGT or the whole thing will just flop. We can still vote on our own pieces so it doesn't reveal who made what, but the vote can just be disregarded at the end, when the tally is being counted.

I realise this will involve a little more work but I'm happy to help if that's what's needed?

Zukira said you can vote and IF we do not get enough non-entry vote, she will count the people who also entered.

I would just like to state, I have no issue with this except I do not think that an individual should be able to vote on thier own work. However, I am not sure how to get around that with this voting system.

#44 Noeni

Noeni

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 July 2012 - 13:24

I believe we need to let the artists vote in the GGT or the whole thing will just flop. We can still vote on our own pieces so it doesn't reveal who made what, but the vote can just be disregarded at the end, when the tally is being counted.

I realise this will involve a little more work but I'm happy to help if that's what's needed?

Zukira said you can vote and IF we do not get enough non-entry vote, she will count the people who also entered.

I would just like to state, I have no issue with this except I do not think that an individual should be able to vote on thier own work. However, I am not sure how to get around that with this voting system.

You both have +1 :) to disguise who made what all artists vote on the piece even there own and at the tally the vote is not counted i.e. his/her vote on his/hers piece.I think that's what Athd was saying.

bannerfans_6199711.png

#45 Willow34

Willow34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 14:33

Great work - I was really looking forward to seeing these Tarot Card themes and they didn't disappoint! Thanks to all for participating and sharing with the rest of us! If anyone has questions about any of my comments - don't hesitate to contact me in game and I'll try to clarify, in case that is helpful to you. Thanks again!

Group 1
a: 8 - I like the flow of the composition and the coloring
b: 6 - Personally not a huge fan of the lines flowing around them and white space on top and bottom of the card subtract from the composition for me
c: 7 - I like the card texture and flow of the graphic, the bright red shoulder is distracting to me

Group 2
a: 4 - too washed out in upper right corner and too dark at bottom for me
b: 9 - I really like how the borders and text fits with focus of the card, like the coloring and flow, one of my favorites
c: 4 - I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think the contrasts come across as too harsh to me, the red at the bottom right doesn't seem to fit to me

Group 3
a: 7 - I like the flow and really like the text - I feel like it really fits with the card
b: 9 - One of my favorites - the border works well, I like the clouds in the background and the lightning effect is good without being too much.
c: 4 - a bit too bright near the top for me and too dark near the bottom - I guess the colors just feel too "harsh" to me

Group 4
a: 5 - really like how you handled the numeral
b: 2 - white space at bottom is really distracting to me and with the only spark of color being whatever is in her hand, but not clear what it is, loses my focus quickly
c: 7 - I like a lot of this - the areas that are blurred contrasted with those with detail, the text, most of the bright color; not sure what is above his head though - that distracts me from the rest of the graphic

Group 5
a: 8 - the darkness and contrast adds to my interest in this one, like the text as well
b: 6 - I like the overall composition, the white at the bottom just overpowers the rest of it a bit too much for me
c: 2 - It looks to me as though we are looking down on the hulk when you look at his feet, yet we are looking up at both buildings - layers aren't working together for me

Group 6
a: 9 - I like the overall composition, borders and texture surrounding the central image, I also like the use of the red to stand out a bit; one of my favorites
b: 5 - can't quite put my finger on it - a bit too busy near the top with the text and runes all together?
c: 6 - I like how this card feels, a little more to help the border/text/bottom have that same feel would have made it feel complete

Group 7
a: 8 - I like the flow, how the cards are sharp and bright bringing the focus to them
b: 5 - I like the subject matter, is just a bit too washed out and whatever is around her sword arm is a bit confusing to me
c: 4 - personally don't like how the text floats above and below the card, I like the center of the image but I'm a bit confused by the lines on the top left and right

#46 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 14:03

bump

#47 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 18:07

Note: I'm voting out of personal preference and I've done a quick google check on the different cards. I dont really know too much about graphics, so I apologize in advance in case anyone feels wronged. :P

Group 1
A - 9/10 I like it!
B - 6/10 Very nice graphic work, but I think the border crashes with the image and the font could be better. Missing some details.
C - 4/10 Personally I'm not a fan of the image, tho it seems work has been put into it. I see little or no connection to tarot?

Group 2
A- 3/10 The character seem to fade away in too much darkness/light. A lot of dead space with no details. Little or no connection to tarot..
B-10/10 I love it! Well done!
C- 5/10 No fan of the effects or text placement. But I see relation to tarot.

Group 3
A- 6/10 Nice graphics work, love the text, but image has little or no connection to tarot (or the devil).
B- 9/10 I like it!
C- 4/10 The character is there, but its missing a lot of the symbolism. Could use more details and less effects. Text needs improvement.

Group 4
A- 7/10 Very well composed. I miss some expected details in the card.
B- 1/10 Don't like it.
C- 3/10 No fan if the image.

Group 5-
A- 8/10 Nice work. Text could be more visible.
B- 9/10 I like it!
C- 1/10 Don't like it.

Group 6
A- 10/10 I love it!
B- 7/10 Its good work. Missing some expected details.
C- 8/10 Very nice work.

Group 7
A- 9/10 I like it!
B- 4/10 Maybe its just me, but the character feels wrong.. Text and details could be better.
C- 4/10 Interesting piece, but a bit too much contrast. Makes me think more space and planets than earth. Little or no connection to tarot.

#48 zeder

zeder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2012 - 18:41

You both have +1 :) to disguise who made what all artists vote on the piece even there own and at the tally the vote is not counted i.e. his/her vote on his/hers piece.I think that's what Athd was saying.

I know my work & I think I can take an "educated guess" at who made some of the other pieces based on previous artwork I have seen. I would like to vote on all the pieces and give an honest assessment of all the works & not just favor my own work.

ZederGift_zpsa47e7c25.png by Chagryn

#49 stormfury3

stormfury3

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 18:48

I know my work & I think I can take an "educated guess" at who made some of the other pieces based on previous artwork I have seen. I would like to vote on all the pieces and give an honest assessment of all the works & not just favor my own work.

yes alot of them are easy to guess who made, but there are very surprising entries as well.
after only 7 votes it's easy to see how this will end, and it's not a surprise who the top 5 are either.

#50 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 19:02

yes alot of them are easy to guess who made, but there are very surprising entries as well.
after only 7 votes it's easy to see how this will end, and it's not a surprise who the top 5 are either.

Also Zeder, just because you would be honest about your work it doesn't mean other's would be. On the same note, I don't imagine one person being able to skew the results that much. On the same note I do not think it would be fair if it did.

**Just to clarify: After a lot of thought, I think the Artists should be able to vote though. and vote on thier own pieces. My logic behind this is:
-the more votes we have, the more the "best of the best" will come to the top.
-I also believe that if you do not allow the artist's vote on thier own piece it will throw off the final score.
- The only other option would take more work on Zukira's part which would be her counting up the total score and dividing it by the total amount of people voting on the piece to give the average score. This would allow for the artists to vote on everything but, only counting the votes they make for others and still not skew the final results (if you decided on this, I would be willing to help)

No matter what you choose, I think that this event would be better and more fullfilling if the people who know the most about the artistic work could vote.

#51 stormfury3

stormfury3

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 19:17

:!:

#52 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 19:24

Sorry to keep this off topic but, Storm I think you did not understand my point. I ment if everyone voted on everything, including thier own piece, the only way to not allow the vote to count on thier own piece and it to be fair is to give the average.

#53 YouNoSeeMe

YouNoSeeMe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 21:56

dang just by looking at the scores that storm posted it would be pretty hard for some to bounce back from this round already.

question after first elimination round.. will scores carry over or start from scratch again?

11ilrurjpg_zps06178485.png

#54 Grimmhawk

Grimmhawk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 22:17

dang just by looking at the scores that storm posted it would be pretty hard for some to bounce back from this round already.

question after first elimination round.. will scores carry over or start from scratch again?

With themes like the round 2 theme anybody can bounce back. If it's like last one the scores will carry over.

#55 fs_j4ckoliver

fs_j4ckoliver
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2012 - 22:41

With themes like the round 2 theme anybody can bounce back. If it's like last one the scores will carry over.

But surely if you just gave 5 points to first, 4 to second etc, 1 to 5th, then it would give people who did not so well in the first round to claw there way back in the second?

#56 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 22:46

But surely if you just gave 5 points to first, 4 to second etc, 1 to 5th, then it would give people who did not so well in the first round to claw there way back in the second?

That would be really unfair...I see no reason to change the normal scoring system to one that carry previous round's scores

#57 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2012 - 23:33

first round isn't eliminating anyone, there will be a chance, all things considered, of someone bouncing back via next round ;)

and yes, artists may vote ;) Also, I'll be voting I think this round as well. Unless there are objections to my doing so?

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#58 stormfury3

stormfury3

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 23:40

at what point(s) will ppl be eliminated?
when i did those totals i only did it once over i didn't double check to see if i missed anything so i may have missed something but i don't think i did.
also grim is right, with theme's like the 2nd round theme it will be easy for ppl with the lower scores to come back... as each round progresses the ppl in top could get 'artistic block' for a theme causing them to drastically drop while the lower scorer could be inspired and make a masterpiece.

first round isn't eliminating anyone, there will be a chance, all things considered, of someone bouncing back via next round ;)

and yes, artists may vote ;) Also, I'll be voting I think this round as well. Unless there are objections to my doing so?

i see no reason for you not to be able to vote. i think you'll be impartial in your votes

#59 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 July 2012 - 00:08

after round 2, 7 people will be eliminated.

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#60 AttorraRu

AttorraRu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2012 - 00:14

Group 1

A. 7/10 I like this, good symbolism, really don’t like the font.
B. 6/10 not so keen, too bright for me.
C. 4/10 Sorry this just doesn’t call to me. Not enough symbolism.

Group 2
A. 2/10 Just not a tarot card in my opinion, though the graphic is good
B. 10/10 I LOVE this, can I buy the deck? Seriously.
C. 1/10 Sorry I just really DO not like it.

Group 3
A. 1/10 Again seemed to have missed the point.
B. 9/10 I like this, would have the deck, but a tad plain on the text.
C. 3/10 just don’t like it, too much white in the corner.

Group 4
A. 5/10 Render doesn’t seem to match the background, faces too bright
B. 2/10 Needs more work, render needs blending better, needs more symbolism, white space in text needs removing.
C. 2/10 Just really don’t like it, the colours don’t seem to match

Group 5
A. 3/10 just don’t like it sorry
B. 2/10 Seems to have missed the point to me.
C. 1/10 Really don’t like it, hulk and tarot don’t mix….
Group 6

A. 9/10 Love this, would buy the deck
B. 5/10 just don’t like it much.
C. 9/10 Love it, can I buy the deck?

Group 7
A. 10/10 I completely LOVE this, I WANT the deck!
B. 5/10 Nice graphic but not a tarot in my opinion, sorry
C. 6/10 Nice graphic again, but the world seems too empty and that is not what the tarot is about, in my opinion.

Sig16avi703-Ru2_zps6167231b.png by Zeder

"Surrender is NOT an option" - Tamra Dragonstar - Lord Command of the Dnulian Army. (Queen)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: