Photo

Increment in Bounties being posted - idea(s) ?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Good Idea ? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Good Idea ?

1. Voted Yes - take the fee from the attackers (and I am a PvP'r) (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Voted Yes - take the fee from the attackers (no, I'm not a PvP'r) (2 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

3. Voted No - Leave it as it is(and I'm a PvP'r) (10 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

4. Voted No - Leave it as it is (no, I'm not a PvP'r) (10 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:19

As per request in viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107322&start=0

My suggestion for increasing bounties being posted is ...

Take the (100 x player level) fee from the ATTACKING players current [or banked] gold (after all, they've stolen the gold in the first place) and then the attacked player can top up the pot to make it more attractive should they so desire.

Could the player pass off their gold to "deny" this levy ? - yes, they could - but then the suggestion would be to make the bounty 1 fsp instead. I very much doubt that many players would constantly pass off their credits and fsps just to avoid being levied for a bounty.

Do I expect this thread to create a polarised opinion ? - of course I do - but lets try and keep it civil / constructive at least :)

#2 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:21

Why should, or would an attacking player who is risking a bounty PAY for their own bounty? I agree the rewards should be higher, I just don't think the player risking a possible bounty/delevel should pay out of their own pocket for it, with the gold they stole. My two~

#3 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:26

Why should, or would an attacking player who is risking a bounty PAY for their own bounty? I agree the rewards should be higher, I just don't think the player risking a possible bounty/delevel should pay out of their own pocket for it, with the gold they stole. My two~

I wouldn't have expected any other response there Maehdros LOL :) ... and they're not paying for their own bounty ...well, I guess they are, but it's from the gold stolen from their target. The flip side of the coin tho is why should the "victim" have to pay out twice ? - once in the theft and once more to post a bounty ?

I know this is an emotive topic - I'm just throwing it out there to see what reactions it will get :)

#4 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:28

This is just.... wow. :lol:

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#5 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:31

The flip side of the coin tho is why should the "victim" have to pay out twice ?

They don't HAVE to. Placing a bounty is a choice. They pay for their revenge, if they want to waste their gold for some piece of mind, that's fine, but it shouldn't come out of the attackers pocket.

Plus, since the attacker is paying the cost, any and all attacks would be bountied, even if less gold was stolen then would be needed to pay the fee.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#6 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:32

The flip side of the coin tho is why should the "victim" have to pay out twice ? - once in the theft and once more to post a bounty ?

I know this is an emotive topic - I'm just throwing it out there to see what reactions it will get :)

It's interesting how any pvp topic becomes emotionally charged. Good and bad I suppose lol.

As for a reply,Players who have been hit don't *have* to pay anything out of their pocket. They can simply not bounty ;) Also, If a player actually has friends, family, clear the bounty... they can get the reward back. Bounty rewards Promote an incentive to someone to actually clear a bounty, well they should anyways.

I think you are questioning why there are actual bounty rewards?

#7 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:34

The flip side of the coin tho is why should the "victim" have to pay out twice ?

They don't HAVE to. Placing a bounty is a choice. They pay for their revenge, if they want to waste their gold for some piece of mind, that's fine, but it shouldn't come out of the attackers pocket.

Plus, since the attacker is paying the cost, any and all attacks would be bountied, even if less gold was stolen then would be needed to pay the fee.

Of course they don't have to ... but, in Evilbry's thread, one of the common points raised was that the rewards being offered weren't high enough. This suggestion could help address that.

Some people bounty on a deflected hit, where NOTHING has been stolen, so creating bounties certainly already happens the gold stolen is less than the fee would be..

#8 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:36

Defeats the purpose for hitting for gold. Maybe any gold the player has on hand (foolishly) is automatically given to the bounty winner.

#9 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:37

The flip side of the coin tho is why should the "victim" have to pay out twice ? - once in the theft and once more to post a bounty ?

I think you are questioning why there are actual bounty rewards?

Not at all - bounty hunters need a reward for their efforts - I'm just throwing out a suggestion whereby that funding could be increased through alternative funding.

It could even be interesting if the minimum amount for placing a bounty was levied from BOTH "attacker" and "victim" - double the reward in 1 quick and easy stroke :)

#10 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:39

Not at all - bounty hunters need a reward for their efforts - I'm just throwing out a suggestion whereby that funding could be increased through alternative funding.

It could even be interesting if the minimum amount for placing a bounty was levied from BOTH "attacker" and "victim" - double the reward in 1 quick and easy stroke :)

I guess that's where we differ in opinion then *shrugs* lol. If a player wants revenge, and someone to be punished, THEY pay for it out of their own pocket. Basically paying others to do it. Having an attacker lose Double the xp, AND a % of the gold they stole, would deter gold hits all together. ( sorry to be negative, just I dont see any pvp'r liking this idea lol)

Edit:I think a bounty pot would be good for the board, but thats not going to provide enough incentive imo.Altho...possibly...sunken gold from pvp hits could go to a Bounty pot? Which is awarded randomly on bounties? Oo Sorry for going off topic a bit.

#11 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:45

I guess that's where we differ in opinion then *shrugs* lol. If a player wants revenge, and someone to be punished, THEY pay for it out of their own pocket. Basically paying others to do it. Having an attacker lose Double the xp, AND a % of the gold they stole, would deter gold hits all together. ( sorry to be negative, just I dont see any pvp'r liking this idea lol)

I dont see many (all?) PvP'rs liking this either ;) - but I do see others maybe liking it. The voting is currently saying "leave it as is" but let's see where it goes.

Having said all that, I don't expect the cows to actually change it to the attacker paying all (or part) of the bounty fee, just wanted to see what player thoughts were...

#12 Grimmhawk

Grimmhawk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:49

I voted to leave it as is.
Here's a suggestion. Raise the minimum per bounty by say 1/4 to 1/3 or a little more. Take a percentage of that and put it in a prize pot that gets paid out once a week to the top bounty hunter of that week.

#13 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:53

I voted to leave it as is.
Here's a suggestion. Raise the minimum per bounty by say 1/4 to 1/3 or a little more. Take a percentage of that and put it in a prize pot that gets paid out once a week to the top bounty hunter of that week.

There used to be something like that, if I'm not mistaken, but it got removed ? (gambling??)

#14 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 21:57

You're not even serious with this. Really.

And the poll is super biased, obviously intended to negate some of the votes.

#15 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2012 - 22:00

You're not even serious with this. Really.

And the poll is super biased, obviously intended to negate some of the votes.

How, pray tell, is the poll biased ? - it covers yes and no votes from both PvP's and Non-PvP'rs ?

#16 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 23:37

If it didn't matter if someone was a pvp'er or not, why ask people to make a choice indicating what they consider themselves to be?

#17 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 00:25

Do not like the original idea at all, would be detrimental to a pvp activity "gold theft" even if I do not like it, it is part of the game and good for the overall economy of the game.

Maybe a way to increase rewards for the hunters and get a little more retribution for the "victim" would be an extra option when posting bounties:

For a 100 stamina minimum hit per swing the poster can pay an extra 100x the amount of minimum gold.

i.e Minimum gold would be 100*100*level so for a 100 stam clear on a level 1000 it would cost:

100*100*1000 = 10,000,000 Gold

I think an incentive like this would get more people hitting on bounties and give reasonable return to the hunters as well as reasonable retribution for the poster?

#18 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2012 - 00:27

If it didn't matter if someone was a pvp'er or not, why ask people to make a choice indicating what they consider themselves to be?

That doesn't bias the poll in the slightest ...

I was just curious as to how many PvP'rs would favour/disagree with the suggestion and how many non-pvp'rs would favour/disagree with it.

It should come as NO surprise that most PvP'rs are against the idea (albeit there is one YES vote from a PvP'r) but surprisingly (to me at least), so far, it seems most non-pvp'rs are against it too ...

So, still a suggestion and it gets a "feel" for the community thoughts.

#19 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2012 - 00:29

Do not like the original idea at all, would be detrimental to a pvp activity "gold theft" even if I do not like it, it is part of the game and good for the overall economy of the game.

Maybe a way to increase rewards for the hunters and get a little more retribution for the "victim" would be an extra option when posting bounties:

For a 100 stamina minimum hit per swing the poster can pay an extra 100x the amount of minimum gold.

i.e Minimum gold would be 100*100*level so for a 100 stam clear on a level 1000 it would cost:

I think an incentive like this would get more people hitting on bounties and give reasonable return to the hunters as well as reasonable retribution for the poster?

I can't see anyone (well, VERY few) paying those amounts to be honest. Who's gonna spend the equivalent of 50 fsp to bounty a L1K ? - I wouldn't anyway.

Interesting thought tho, just not sure about the multiplier ...

#20 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 00:39

I can't see anyone (well, VERY few) paying those amounts to be honest. Who's gonna spend the equivalent of 50 fsp to bounty a L1K ? - I wouldn't anyway.

Interesting thought tho, just not sure about the multiplier ...

50 FSP for at least 2 levels lost is a decent rate of return for the poster actually.

-400 FSP to buy those 2 levels
-Normal conditions those 2 levels are going to cost 50-200 FSP in stam
-Costs the Hunter 40 FSP just in stam if 10/10 (1000 stamina)
-Not to mention the stam for buffs and pots for clearing harder targets

its attitudes that people don't want to pay anything, but get everything that have no one clearing the minimum bounties. If you want real retribution you need to pay at least some kind of decent reward to get it. or have your friends stand up for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: