#21 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 14:44

There is level 1500 gear ;).

Funny how you can look from a far and complain when you have no idea the effort, time, and amount of stamina it takes to sub level 30 levels! (each of the 2 spent about 100k stam to get those 30 levels plus ALL the top leveling buffs) so if they are getting a few easy tokens because they planned to spend all that fsp/time to do so good for them...

#22 Billybob

Billybob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 14:58

I don't it as a complaint about the participants but as a criticism of a broken part of the game. Incidently, I found a much lower level band with only two particpants in different guilds who appear to be doing the same thing. This makes a mockery of those who worked long and hard for their dominance medals.

#23 fs_evilix

fs_evilix
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2012 - 20:26

There is level 1500 gear ;).

Funny how you can look from a far and complain when you have no idea the effort, time, and amount of stamina it takes to sub level 30 levels! (each of the 2 spent about 100k stam to get those 30 levels plus ALL the top leveling buffs) so if they are getting a few easy tokens because they planned to spend all that fsp/time to do so good for them...

Ok,there are 2 SETS for lvl 1500.1 set is an inventable set and the other is dropped by a spine chomper which both are crystal,and were only released by Big Grimm following feedback from EOC players for gear to level into when the level 1500 realms are released.Currently the highest relm available is level 1481.A choice to sub-level is just fine and acceptable,but to purposely sub-level to exploit a loophole within the game is not IMO.

It is funny how I can sit from afar and watch 2 players who can't be PvP'd at all by ANYBODY can manipulate the game in the 1500 ladder and make deals,trade 10 stams,let the other sit as number 1 risk free(remember theres only 2 players in this ladder,more like a footstool) receive non risk tokens and a non risk dominance medal(fake),all while they are sitting in stam gear and Un-buffed.If this is allowed then the PvP lvl restriction should be abolished.

Whats even funnier is HCS gave them the power to do so by giving us "WORLD EVENT" super potions to lvl into the position they are in now.So I don't think The sub-leveling was to hard for them to achieve there said goals of creating a lvl 1500 ladder and manipulate it,exploit it,and make a mockery of PvP.

#24 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2012 - 23:09

Could this problem not be fixed, by adding a minimum number of ladder participants before that ladder Band becomes active?... example: at least 6 players must opt in, before any ladder attacks/pvp rating counts towards dominance and smasher medals, and no tokens are awarded if less than 6 players compete for them.....

Just a thought :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#25 sandra1988

sandra1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 17:12

So many current loopholes in the ladder that encourage friends to join and create a uneven playing field.

Should it be possible to join the ladder and win tokens without even spending 10 stam ?
No it shouldn't be possible, some activity should be required..

Also should it be possible to bounty ladder hits ?
No! You've opted in knowing you could be hit hourly by multiple people for what ever reason.

Would love to join the ladder and hit the inactive token grabbers hourly but with the current bounty option available on ladder hits, it makes it a risky business. The fact it gets super boring only being able to hit 1 player for rating because everyone else in your ladder is a sissy token grabber praying for a easy 3rd spot. This doesn't make playing the ladder enjoyable in my opinion.

Bring back the old ladder and give everyone some pvp again! this new system doesn't encourage pvp in anyway shape or form. it does encourage chancers to get free tokens and trade spots for easy medals.

#26 Zordor

Zordor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2012 - 23:48

Funny. I remember a ladder not too long ago where 2 PvPers were doing the same thing...

#27 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 23:56

Funny. I remember a ladder not too long ago where 2 PvPers were doing the same thing...

I remember that too :P no one complained

#28 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 23:58

I think only 1 could have been considered a "pvper" ;)

#29 Zordor

Zordor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2012 - 00:00

Excellent point Leo! You are correct ;)

#30 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 14 September 2012 - 00:10

Bring back the old ladder and give everyone some pvp again! this new system doesn't encourage pvp in anyway shape or form. it does encourage chancers to get free tokens and trade spots for easy medals.

Why not do both? A "Soft" and a "Hardcore" ladder, per say.
I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#31 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 September 2012 - 00:12

Incorrect! Bullies! all of em! :lol:

#32 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:39

I know it won't happen, but when the next "new" bracket opens up, maybe HCS will consider making a minimum of x number of players of at least that level range before creating a new bracket. Say 15-20?

I like this idea :)

#33 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 15 September 2012 - 15:34

I know it won't happen, but when the next "new" bracket opens up, maybe HCS will consider making a minimum of x number of players of at least that level range before creating a new bracket. Say 15-20?

Also possibly a required # of players opted in before tokens/dominance are awarded? 5 players for example? ( # could be tweaked)

#34 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 18:18

That should make spotting their multis easier, too. :twisted:

#35 Zordor

Zordor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:32

Most brackets rarely have 5 people playing at once... I was in the 1200 ladder with KJ for weeks with just the two of us... and we couldn't attack each other because we were in the same guild.

#36 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2012 - 15:56

Please make a minimum number of players required to play a ladder and while your at it make at least 1, 100 stam hit required. Why should my medal that I had to battle for in 2 separate bands be so cheapened by players who can sit and collect ticks time after time with no work?

The fact that players can sit and gain tokens to make gear that has value (albeit very small) is a joke as well. When does the stupidity stop?

#37 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:19

Most brackets rarely have 5 people playing at once... I was in the 1200 ladder with KJ for weeks with just the two of us... and we couldn't attack each other because we were in the same guild.

Therein lies another fundamental flaw with the PvP Ladder, in my opinion.

Why does your Guild status become a restriction when playing the PvP Ladder? The PvP Arena allows multiple guild members to engage in combat against each other. I'm unsure why that particular PvP aspect of the game is granted exclusivity, maybe someone can enlighten me,please?

Allowing members of the same guild to attack each other within the same Ladder range would surely go some way to breathing life into that area of the game, whilst at the same time fixing one of the complaints about it. Let 'x' amount of guild members enter each Ladder and be enabled in hitting each other. If they choose to slap each other about, alongside others and claim Dominance then 'fair play'! It is Player Versus Player after all and it would enable & reflect 'Dominance' in a slightly truer form than is witnessed today.

Hoof! Is there any chance, that now you have acknowledged something could be done to improve the current state of affairs with this aspect of the game, that it could be dealt with sooner rather than later? Content provided still hasn't reached level 1500, so to consider not implementing a change until level 1600 Ladder can be formed (12 months from now) is disheartening at best.

#38 mitgsx

mitgsx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:48

Funny how the 1500 ladder has changed.

Pretty bad when the other 2 players opt out after all this time switching, who gets what medal.

Can I buy #1 spot?

How much fsp?

What a game........................... :roll:

#39 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:23

Pretty bad when the other 2 players opt out after all this time switching, who gets what medal.

Can I buy #1 spot?

How much fsp?

More like how much xp ;)

( depending on who is a band....some ten stam once for the #1 spot, some 100 stam ALOT for smasher ticks, and some stomp non stop because they like throwin bombs)

#40 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2012 - 18:32

Can I buy #1 spot?

How much fsp?

I thought the same thing!

Sad that they even have those medals, they should be removed for collusion. I thought that was against the rules anyways :roll:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: