HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 23:46

title..
What if..
as a lvl 45, i could lower my level (and stats would scale, my gear would still stay on but my stats would be the same as a full geared lvl x in that class, my talents would also scale downward and i couldn't use any talent above the level i lower myself too) down to a noobs level to help them do stuff on a more even ground?
the idea is shaky but in short
a lvl 45 (lvl 45's only) lowers his/her level down to a lowbie companions to help them at there level and quest with them at that level. the lvl 45 earns nothing, its just a simple help system that allows for high levels to put themselves in the shoes of a lowbie

#2 Leafa

Leafa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 16:08

Greetings from a new fan, Holy Ghost!!  :wub:

So great to hear of top-level gamers who haven't forgotten where they came from, so gracious and willing to come down off the mountain to help out groping newbies and lowbies and other babes in woods!! You're a guy of my heart, Holy Ghost! If I were a Marine in your platoon I'd follow you thru the gates of hell itself!!  :D

Myself, I'd love to finally break solo and take my first guild/team play into a dungeon or arena but I'm kind of skittish to do it now because of my experience in Royal Quest and Onigiri (the only other MMOs I've played since getting into this on and off almost two years ago) where high-level players tended to get pushy and bossy and nit-picky impatient with newbies who are just making their first team foray into a dungeon! Mixed Hi/Lo-level guilds and teams just don't work for me it seems. Rather I'd like to join a guild or team of near-same level players who are as green as I am at learning the ropes -- ideally under the guidance of a kindly Obi Wan as yourself!   ;)

Great to hear of you and keep up the care!  :) 

Leafa

(who loves tales like "The Prince & The Pauper " and "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" where high royalty learn what life is like in the dog-eat-dog gutter on the sly!)  :)

#3 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 16:32

I myself don't help many new players due to them begging me for gold or generally being annoying afterwords
Using this system, we could disguise ourselves as a lower lvl player...
There should be a cut off though. You can only be level 35 or below

#4 Ood

Ood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 23:14

I'd use this.

Helping lower levels is all well and good, but it's very difficult to teach a level 15 healer how to heal a party when the 45 they are working with annihilates everything while taking no damage.

It's not fun for most newbs to get whisked through a dungeon with no explanation and no difficulty, then to go back and try without help and get creamed because they didn't learn anything.

#5 Leafa

Leafa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 13:45

I myself don't help many new players due to them begging me for gold or generally being annoying afterwords
Using this system, we could disguise ourselves as a lower lvl player...
There should be a cut off though. You can only be level 35 or below

Hi Ghost!  ;)

Yes, I think one should be highly selective of those you help out. I've never grabbed drops or asked mentors for goodies on the side and used to (naively?) try to offer my drops to the ace gamer mentor myself.  I think ace gamers have much to offer showing the ropes to lower gamers and I wish Eldevin had a "protege" system like Onigiri has which rewards the mentor special points for being a good guide and even allows their passing on skills and tools to the lowbie under their wing after a while. It would help deal with the issue that Ood mentioned a lot too. Yea, I been there -- a lot!   :(

Take care,

Leafa

Edited by Leafa, 01 March 2015 - 13:47.

#6 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 04 March 2015 - 20:34

I'd use this.

Helping lower levels is all well and good, but it's very difficult to teach a level 15 healer how to heal a party when the 45 they are working with annihilates everything while taking no damage.

It's not fun for most newbs to get whisked through a dungeon with no explanation and no difficulty, then to go back and try without help and get creamed because they didn't learn anything.

this. I haven't really learned much as prophet throughout because either A. level 45's or B. improper tanks in the form of dogs. ;)

And I think it'd be nice - to bring more challenge to lower level dungeons too again.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#7 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2015 - 17:00

if they made relics items account bound; this wouldn't be a problem

Edited by Endarken, 05 March 2015 - 17:00.

The world is cruel...as will I....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: