Guild Founder's Protest for a Rank Name

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Guild Founder's be able name their own rank? (228 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Guild Founder's be able name their own rank?

1. Voted Yes (193 votes [84.65%])

Percentage of vote: 84.65%

2. Voted No (35 votes [15.35%])

Percentage of vote: 15.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 fs_chezo

fs_chezo
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:07

I would like all Guild Founder's to be able to have a personal rank the same as everyone else in a guild can. I believe it would bring more creativity into the game and allow Guild Founder's to show their personality.

Guild Founders are at the top of the guild on the No.1. slot. It seems to me it's obvious they are the Guild Founder.

One looking at a characters profile can't tell if that players is actually the Guild Founder as guilds do sometimes give 2nd, 3rd and 4th ranks the title of Guild Founder anyway.

Please show your support if you agree that Guild Founders should be able to name their own rank.
Can you think of a reason it shouldn't be so?

#2 fs_rmcd

fs_rmcd
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:57

I don't think it's true in every case that the guild founder is "top of the list" - I think some guilds operate a highest XP contribution.

Personally, I think whether or not guild founders have an ammusing little name tag is unimportant and making it an issue seems a bit narcissistic; but I certainly wouldn't object. 8)

#3 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:03

i also think the same

#4 fs_luckyrahul

fs_luckyrahul
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:07

as my personal opinion Guild Founder should also be able to rank themselves.

Change in Ranks from time to time look nice.

As guild founder is head of the guild why not he could have personal rank...^_^

#5 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:25

Yes to the idea - which has come up many times and nothing happens. no to posting in off topic - hardly anyone looking here :(

#6 fs_chezo

fs_chezo
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:29

Yes, sorry about the off topic location, wasn't intended

If mods could move this topic it, it would be much appreciated :)

#7 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:34

Moved for you now :)

#8 fs_chezo

fs_chezo
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:36

I don't think it's true in every case that the guild founder is "top of the list" - I think some guilds operate a highest XP contribution.

Personally, I think whether or not guild founders have an ammusing little name tag is unimportant and making it an issue seems a bit narcissistic; but I certainly wouldn't object. 8)

Couldn't help but notice you have a personal rank name :)

#9 fs_chezo

fs_chezo
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:51

Moved for you now :)

Thank you! :)

#10 Mormon8r

Mormon8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:58

I myself am not a Guild Founder, but still I do think they do deserve to have their own flare in their own guild....! Great Idea

#11 fs_excision

fs_excision
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 13:34

AWESOME idea, ive been thinking about this a lot as well and think this should go through

#12 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 19 August 2011 - 13:40

Well, waht purpose would it serve? IMO, you are the guild founder, no need to pump up yourself any further.

Here is something to think about (programming wise). If you have multi founders, and if each wanted to have their own rank, you'd have to shell out the FSP for each rank.

That and, when a person looks in a guild to see who is the founder, it is true, the top rank person may not be it.

Personally, there is too much else to improve with on the game then this trivial little thing.

Better HCS to focus themselves on other issues that need tending.

#13 Copperfoil

Copperfoil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 13:47

If you want to have a special rank, why not step down and let somebody else be Guild Founder for awhile? It seems to work pretty well in BT. That way everybody gets to have a rank from time to time, and everybody gets a chance to deal with people trying to join and overall Guild Founder duties. Just food for thought.

#14 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 August 2011 - 13:48

Yes make this happen!!!

Posted Image

#15 Midopa

Midopa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 14:10

I think it would nice for guild founders to be able to have rank names. As for what purpose it serves, I think we can ask that about most things and the answer would be 'just for fun'. Recognising guild founders can always be done if 'GF' was added after the rank name or something?

#16 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 14:46

1. This has been asked for before.

2. It is not narcissistic. Not unless you consider all personal titles narcissistic. Perhaps guilds should just have two basic ranks: founder and member. Under member you follow with a bit pattern for abilities like take from guild storage, put in guild storage, etc. 0=not allowed, 1=allowed. Then you have a bunch of non-narcissistic titles like member011000111 or some such rot.

3. It is time for this to happen. The only real problems I can see code-wise are if the current code either only has 13 characters for the guild founder title OR is actually coded to recognize the title "Guild Founder" as the Guild Founder meaning in guilds with multiple members with titles of Guild Founder, any could kick any including the actual Guild Founder. Not knowing the code though, one can never be sure how something might be imbedded.

#17 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 19 August 2011 - 15:02

Well, only issue would be extra FSP to put into your gild if you have more then one founder.

However, if it is something that is so important to founders, why hasn't it been done before?

I myself don't care much for titles and ranks. I was one for 9 months and then over a year for another before my current rank of co-founder.

So, if it is that important to people, go ahead. Remember though, if you have a custome title for founder, HCS would have to recode things.

Multi founders would only get 1 rank change unless they are reduced in rank, given s specific title and their rank moved up to below the founders special rank. Then it would boild down to who would be given spot of top dog for the foundr's coded rank. That would result in a multi-founder guild back down to 1 founder who has absolute say. The way it currently is, at least the founders have equal footing.

So, who would be founder and who would get demoted. Guild squabbles would result from it all and, the top dog could do whatever he/she wants and nothing could be done. Currently, with a multi-founder system (as is) this prevents an overlord ruling the guild.

If you don't think it will happen, it will. Basic human mindsets would cause it. However, it is just an observation from one point of view.

#18 fs_chezo

fs_chezo
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 19:09

I'm not understanding this multi-founders being talked about, No1 Rank is all powerful reguardless of whether 2nd, 3rd or 4th Ranks are titled Guild Founder.

#19 etrigan778

etrigan778

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 19:40

Well, waht purpose would it serve? IMO, you are the guild founder, no need to pump up yourself any further.

Here is something to think about (programming wise). If you have multi founders, and if each wanted to have their own rank, you'd have to shell out the FSP for each rank.

That and, when a person looks in a guild to see who is the founder, it is true, the top rank person may not be it.

Personally, there is too much else to improve with on the game then this trivial little thing.

Better HCS to focus themselves on other issues that need tending.

+1

#20 BaiLong

BaiLong

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 19:52

Although not as important as some other issues in the game, this would be a nice option to have.

Could possibly do the same sort of thing as for the "Game Admin" icon and text (see picture)....but with Guild Founder instead.

Posted Image
^^^Just change that up a little^^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: