Photo

PVP Suggestions (Wilderness and Staked duels)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTitanX

ShadowTitanX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:59

Hi, this game looks like it has a lot of potential, are you guys planning to implement a wilderness like runescape.

i.e. an area north(or whichever) of the main gameplay map that allows free-for-all PVP and also what I think is very important is Drop loot i.e. equipment/inventory items on death. 

Ofcourse from a PVE perspective there shouldn't be anything too KEY in this wilderness as to not force them in their, but still there should be some incentive to go there in the first place. maybe stockpiles or resources or different monsters with better rewards. to kind of create a risk vs reward area.

Staked duels: where two people can argree to fight to the death and each wager an item, whoever wins gets to keep their item and wins the opponents item.

PVP where players are rewarded / punished is great. its also a fantastic business model as people will have more incentive to pay to get better faster and beat opponents.

has this been discussed elsewhere already? 

#2 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:06

Hi, this game looks like it has a lot of potential, are you guys planning to implement a wilderness like runescape.

There is an open world pvp area called trappers atoll also known as "the wilderness".

I've posted suggestions regarding the improvement of the area - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=62733

Staked duels is something I'd like to see at some point.

Yes I agree, PvP with risks is exhilarating. 

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#3 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:45

Loosing stuff like in runescape is kinda not fitting for eldevin though ... As in runescape you dont have Bound Equip, here you do ... so getting someones equip would (at least at the given point) be useless and would lead to abuse if it gets unbound when dying in wildy :P

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#4 Malthrus

Malthrus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2014 - 13:19

Why does bind on equip even exist though? I mean it's not bind on pickup so you can sell loot from bosses that you don't need, why should equipping the item make a difference?

There are items in the game with no bind tag, which you can trade after equipping them. All items should work like that, then we could have full loot wilderness pvp and there would be a reason to hold on to gear/gems that do not have top tier stats.

Would also give gold a purpose besides gem upgrades and converting it into EP because there would be more decent rolled gear for sale.

Edited by Malthrus, 14 February 2014 - 13:24.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: