Photo

Beta March 2013!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:48

We might have missed 2012, but it isn't the end of the world!

Hey all,

In order to bring you the best possible game, the Eldevin Beta won't be starting this year. Over the past 6 years the team has put an enormous amount of effort on the game and as much as we'd like to release this year we want to ensure the title is of the highest possible quality and our players get an awesome experience from it.

Posted Image

2012 has brought around a number of improvements to Eldevin. The game now has masses of quests, realms, group instances, items and creatures which have brought the game to life. Not to mention the new user interface has made the game a million times better alone.

Posted Image

To give you a feel for how close we are; all 14 group dungeons have been coded and tested. (Including some epic encounters against the Lord of Lava and Plagued Barbarian!) We've also developed our first Player vs Player realm is currently in testing. All the content to level 30 has been internally tested with approximately 1800 quest stages available for you to enjoy. Around 1/2 of these are in-depth detailed quest with heavy RPG story elements. Six of the seven gathering professions have been finalized along with six of the seven crafting professions. These include everything from Farming and Fishing to Weaponsmithing and Jewelry. There are over 200 unique creatures to battle and over 1000 unique items to collect including 22 unique sets, including a number of class specific sets. All 100+ spells and abilities are coded and tested and all 6 unique talent trees for each class with 34 talents to choose and level up and also finalized. Finally, realms - where do I begin with realms? There are literally 100's packed full of quests, story and some fairly epic bad guys!

Posted Image

With all that said, we are disappointed to not be able to release something for you guys this year, but with only a team of around 10 working on the game I hope you will all understand and give us a little more patience. We have for the first time this year showed the game to some external people and the gaming press and what they have seen they have been very impressed with. The Hunted Cow office closes for Christmas at the end of the week, so what we are going to do the first week back in January we're going to release the first gameplay video showing off our fancy new user-interface.

Posted Image

So I'd like to apologise to all our fans that we aren't able to release the game this year, we want to give you the best possible gaming experience and not cut corners. We are all very excited about the project and we are SO CLOSE so I can say with confidence that we will be able to open up the first Closed Beta in March 2013.

So from everyone here on the Eldevin team we'd like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope you'll check back with us in the new year.

~The Eldevin Team

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#2 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:56

This didn't catch me completely off guard. ;) Kudos to you all for demanding as close to perfection as you can get. Thanks for the update.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#3 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:19

Game is looking crisp and sharp :D can't wait to test it out to help improve the game. good to hear that some PvP is slowly being worked into the game. What happens to be the first PvP gametype you are working on?

#4 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:33

Merry Christmas :)

#5 Othimos

Othimos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 19:22

You could see it coming that you wern't going to release the game this year, but i'd rather you got everything ready for release and test things out than open the game up and it be unplayable.. i can not wait till March now... it will be like opening a christmas present that was tucked right at the back of the christmas tree and you have only just found. :D

Far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

#6 Neofito

Neofito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 20:30

Tic-tac tic-tac tic-tac.............. :rolleyes:
And btw, in the second image, what's the item at the slot asigned to bows???? :huh:

In life the things aren't white or black, the certain is that they are composed of a beautiful variety of grey tones.

#7 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 21:38

I will be waiting in suspense until March 2013!! ;).

The Game is looking amazing :blink:

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#8 Crasken

Crasken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 22:46

Thanks a lot for news, much appreciated. Screenshots posted over time are just getting better and better. 3 extra months might sound long time but I'm sure the game will be worth the wait. It's great to hear that quality is on top of priorities, everybody knows that good stuff is always worth the patience :)

#9 Lelouch Lamperouge

Lelouch Lamperouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 December 2012 - 00:04

Two amazing things are happening in March now :)
Gsp vs Diaz and the beta release of this game :D

"Hero? No! We're pirates! I love heroes but.... I don't wanna be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it, but heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!" - Monkey D. Luffy

#10 Fafhred

Fafhred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:42

I am really concerned with this:

I am an old school RPG player; RPG was entirely PvE by definition (look at ANY D&D rules book), and when this game was announced years ago, it was stated to be exactly that, an old-school RPG.

What I see now is that you went with commercial PvP-type game.
PvP came up from a small minority of vocal players who just wanted to kill other players; in many games I played which had both PvE and PvP servers, the PvP servers were often empty.

Well, unless you also do PvE realms, I will have no further interest in this game. PvP is not, never was, and never will be my cup of tea; the only thing I want is good old RPGs, not grievers games.

#11 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:46

Eldevin is predominantly a PvE game. Currently our PvP aspect is round based in a self contained realm.
L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#12 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:49

Oh and the PvP game modes we are looking at are team deathmatch, capture the flag and a domination style mode.
L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#13 XzarDragon

XzarDragon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 14:08

Awesome , good to know that theres a beta oficial date :D

Meanwhile is it possible for you guys at Hunted Cow to release more pictures from the game? :wub:

#14 Kukica

Kukica

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 20:27

</3

#15 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:48

I am really concerned with this:

I am an old school RPG player; RPG was entirely PvE by definition (look at ANY D&D rules book), and when this game was announced years ago, it was stated to be exactly that, an old-school RPG.

What I see now is that you went with commercial PvP-type game.
PvP came up from a small minority of vocal players who just wanted to kill other players; in many games I played which had both PvE and PvP servers, the PvP servers were often empty.

Well, unless you also do PvE realms, I will have no further interest in this game. PvP is not, never was, and never will be my cup of tea; the only thing I want is good old RPGs, not grievers games.

In my knowledge, Eldevin have a very rich story so don't worry. :) But do not forget that pvp also play a part in making a successful MMORPG, it's an multiplayer game after all.

#16 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:01

PvP can play a part in MMORPGs.
There are many other ways in which players can interact with each other in MMORPGs. :)

For example, working together to complete quests or clearing dungeons, trading items with each other, exchanging information about aspects of the game, etc.
PvP can make an MMORPG better (or sometimes worse). In quite a few MMORPGs it's both loved and hated; it's a quite a controversial aspect of those MMORPGs. ;)

But I feel like we're going quite offtopic here.

Too bad the Beta has to be delayed a bit, but it's better to have something substantial to beta test than to beta test only a few parts of the game as some haven't been ready yet for testing. B)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#17 f0xydam

f0xydam

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:07

OMG! This game looks EPIC! for me this will be the game of the year for sure! :) Keep up the hard work guys and remember to celebrate the Christmas! Merry Christmas everyone!

#18 Shaded

Shaded

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 22:11

Goood news, cant wait to help you with testing the game!!!!!!
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

#19 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 December 2012 - 19:50

I knew it! Off the charts :D

The world is cruel...as will I....

#20 T1GER69

T1GER69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:15

All I can say is keep up the good work so everyone will enjoy the game, and hopefully I will be there with you all .And Merry Christmas to all at Hunted Cow :D :D

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: