18 replies to this topic

#1 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:38

When I go to check the online now figures for fallen sword. It now always states 373 people are online no matter what. Is that just for me or can you all see different figures on the main home log in page for the hunted cow website. Or is it broken or has been frozen or discontinued or what.

#2 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 14:22

Just you. I see 311.

#3 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2016 - 15:14

373 here too, I've poked Zorg about it, probably something broken.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#4 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 18:18

Refresh rate is probably slow.

#5 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:30

Registered 1,317,980

Playing (All games totaled) 523

Playing FS 373

But the Home page says 302 online

Something is broken

#6 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:26

My online number now is 294, it changes with my logins most times.

I read in one of the threads where Mary said she would be back in two weeks to check things out again and have no idea how many other players check in weekly, every other week, monthly, or however often.

I have read other posts by other people pointing out that same thing.

*shrugs,* I don't keep track of who shows up when so could  not say anything is broken although I doubt we have over a million players now.

Edited by Pythia, 28 September 2016 - 03:27.

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:38

Online: 275 04:37 28/Sep/2016

It's just you guys....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#8 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 18:47

https://www.huntedcow.com

As of right now

Registered 1,317,980, playing all hcs games 523

Registered Players for FS 721,441

https://www.huntedcow.complaying FS 373

FS home page players online 365

Something is broken

#9 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 19:15

I am more inclined to believe that the 1.3 million that are registered. Were actually registered players of all the games at the start, when the Cows Consolidated all their games on to the HCS website. Which they did to minimize Account Hacking.

That would lead me to believe that the 721,441. Was probably the actual number of registered players. For FS before the Consolidated website.

Which is entirely a shame that I never see more than 395 on at one time. Sometimes as low as 260 :-(

The last time I seen more than 400 players online at one time was during the X2 Event :-(

Edited by cucullainn, 29 September 2016 - 02:33.

#10 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 21:46

Here it is a week later. The numbers are still the same. So yeah still broken.

#11 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 23:36

Mine works just fine. You gotta keep in mine that there are players that routinely log on each day which will keep numbers somewhat constant. I'm not sure how long a player is registered after they log but they should be take off the list once you can't see them in your guild ranks.

Mine went from 318 to 315 to 312 in the last 5 minutes

339 about an hour later.

Edited by WandKing, 05 October 2016 - 02:05.

#12 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:24

No. Wrong page. We are not talking about what it says at the bottom of the home page once you've logged in. We are talking about the hunted cow studio page. Click the link in the post above :P

Edited by cucullainn, 05 October 2016 - 02:26.

#13 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:34

Mine works just fine. You gotta keep in mine that there are players that routinely log on each day which will keep numbers somewhat constant. I'm not sure how long a player is registered after they log but they should be take off the list once you can't see them in your guild ranks.

Mine went from 318 to 315 to 312 in the last 5 minutes

339 about an hour later.

Players Online 333 Time 02:30 Date 05/Oct/2016

How many of you really think that we can't see how many players are online? When you're playing the game its down in the bottom corner on the right duh!

We were not talking about that. We were talking about the numbers on the website when you're trying to log on!!! I do not understand how none of you were able to understand that is what we were talking about!!! Log out of the game and then go to log back in but then just click on to the website and then look at the numbers. You will see what we have seen. Those numbers of been that way for months. If nobody has really noticed, they've probably been like that for years.

Edited by cucullainn, 05 October 2016 - 02:38.

#14 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:46

As of right now

Registered Players for FS 721,441

FS home page players online 365

these numbers should be hidden from public eyes <_<

sigma_468x60.jpg

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:31

Players Online 333 Time 02:30 Date 05/Oct/2016
How many of you really think that we can't see how many players are online? When you're playing the game its down in the bottom corner on the right duh!
We were not talking about that. We were talking about the numbers on the website when you're trying to log on!!! I do not understand how none of you were able to understand that is what we were talking about!!! Log out of the game and then go to log back in but then just click on to the website and then look at the numbers. You will see what we have seen. Those numbers of been that way for months. If nobody has really noticed, they've probably been like that for years.https://www.huntedcow.com

That number is always in flux in game, as you go from one page to the next, and as this or that player logs in, and those that have either logged out completely, or been inactive for +20 minutes, fall off the map. The number in game can and does change with each pageload, but I'm not sure how often the main page count refreshes. Probably that *approximate* 20 minute window that governs so much of FS, ie, ah purchases and deliveries, potion bazaar resets, and ofc, when we fall off the map when idle.... Only speculating here, but it makes sense to me....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#16 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:03

None of you seem to understand. We all know the number in the game changes. Once you're in the game. If you log out completely and then click the link to the web site above. Like you are going to log in, but DON'T Log In. Look add the numbers first. Write them down, then tell me if you have the same number that I have. I'm not talking about after you log in where it says members online down on the right on the fs page. We were talking about the numbers on the Hunted Cow Studios page. Those numbers are not in flux and there's numbers have been changed.

Edited by cucullainn, 05 October 2016 - 11:17.

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 21:25

None of you seem to understand. We all know the number in the game changes. Once you're in the game. If you log out completely and then click the link to the web site above. Like you are going to log in, but DON'T Log In. Look add the numbers first. Write them down, then tell me if you have the same number that I have. I'm not talking about after you log in where it says members online down on the right on the fs page. We were talking about the numbers on the Hunted Cow Studios page. Those numbers are not in flux and there's numbers have been changed.

I just did that.... It says 511

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#18 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 22:19

Wow. It's weird to me, because I just did it. The number is exactly the same as a week ago

https://www.huntedcow.com.

https://www.huntedco...me/fallen-sword
Playing 373

http://www.fallenswo...ex.php?cmd=news
Players Online 294 Time 22:18 Date 05/Oct/2016

#19 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts