• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Chomp

Chomp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 19:00

We all like our friends, but sometimes you just want to log in and get some things done without striking up a conversation. Sometimes you can be in a bad mood, have limited time, or just don't feel talkative. Heck, I'll be honest... sometimes you end up on the friend list of people you don't really want to talk to but are too polite to ignore.

Currently people can add you to a friend list and see when you are online and which server you are on. It would be nice to be able to log in anonymously or invisibly for times when you just don't feel up to chatting.

Even better, perhaps an option in settings as to whether your friends can even track you when you're online, so you can choose to opt out of being tracked by your stalkers... i mean, friends. ^_-

I do enjoy my friends, but there are times I like to be a private person. I think a lot of people can be like that. Some days you want to socialize, some days you just want to focus on your own thing. 

#2 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2014 - 19:03

Support, was suggested a few times but the suggestion was always ignored (response wise) not sure if they discussed internally.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#3 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 January 2014 - 19:21

when in invisible mode or etc people cant use chat commands to find you and your current player area. supported.

Edited by HuMoR, 21 January 2014 - 19:22.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#4 Vasture

Vasture

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 January 2014 - 19:25

Exactly! most of us made a lot of great suggestion and HC always does the opposite of what we suggested or went completely ignored. who suggest the inspect in the first place? Inspect was completely useless and they put that thing on the game. I really hope HCS are working on all the great suggestion players made on the forum to the downloadable client. if they failed at the downloadable client too, this game is as good as dead to me.

OT: for me. Invisible mode is a friendship destroyer. what happen if your friend happen to find you while you r on invisible mode? what will he/she think? i believe invisible mode will only generate hate and destroy friendship in this game. so I dont support.

Edited by Vasture, 21 January 2014 - 19:39.

#5 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:01

IMO it would be great. If a friend were to see me while i'm in invisible mode I would tell them, I'm just not really in the mood to deal with people right now,sorry. But that's just me :)

Edited by HuMoR, 21 January 2014 - 20:02.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#6 Pros

Pros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:04

Support!

zv61ht.png

#7 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:19

Exactly! most of us made a lot of great suggestion and HC always does the opposite of what we suggested or went completely ignored. who suggest the inspect in the first place? Inspect was completely useless and they put that thing on the game. I really hope HCS are working on all the great suggestion players made on the forum to the downloadable client. if they failed at the downloadable client too, this game is as good as dead to me.

OT: for me. Invisible mode is a friendship destroyer. what happen if your friend happen to find you while you r on invisible mode? what will he/she think? i believe invisible mode will only generate hate and destroy friendship in this game. so I dont support.

Actually allot of the content they've added is due to player suggestions. HCS do exactly the opposite of what you said in your first statement.

If hiding your availability is a friendship destroyer it's simple, don't hide yourself.

I will speak up and say that sometimes when I log on all I want is a few minutes to do a daily or just to play and relax, there's been multiple times when I've logged on and had 4-5 whispers pumped at me all at once; some asking for help, others for advice and some just saying hello. It's nothing personal, some of us just like to be "invisible" now and again.

That being said, whoever reads that and  wants to ask for advice or help in the future don't hesitate, I do say if I'm busy or not available. :)

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#8 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 January 2014 - 21:20

A lot of games have anonymous Mode.. I think it is a good idea... 

#9 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 January 2014 - 23:01

How about a server that you can go to if you feel like playing alone. You would be seen by other players but your name would appear as Player:111111 so people can still talk in public and maybe global (just incase you need to buy something) but PMs and location are disabled.

Was just an idea that popped into my head and not sure if it would even be possible.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#10 Smallwolf

Smallwolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 00:41

A lot of games have anonymous Mode.. I think it is a good idea... 

+1.

Very true. As a priest in other games you would constantly get anon invites. If people asked you ("can you help...") before getting the invite, that is one thing BUT getting some random unexpected inv. is something else.

"Class": Warpriest (thats my aim). Professions: Cooking lv16 - (self sufficent atm) that includes farming, fishing, foraging etc. Alchemy (lv10) - by product of cooking when gathering mats don't sell. And mine for money.

#11 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 00:55

Like this idea

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#12 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:25

+1.

Very true. As a priest in other games you would constantly get anon invites. If people asked you ("can you help...") before getting the invite, that is one thing BUT getting some random unexpected inv. is something else.

One of my Games I have a Healer type player... Always getting Blind invites for groups... So now stay in anonymous Mode If I want to Chat with friends I will message them

#13 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:26

while i myself wouldn't use this i totatly support the idea. just hope it would be a feature thats able to be turned off and on while in game not just when logging in. could get annoying for peopel to want to log in invise then have to relog just to turn invis off.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#14 Linkondrugs

Linkondrugs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:40

Would love this +1

Gathering:

Crystal Cutting:  49  | Fishing:  49  | Forestry:  49  | Skinning:  49  | Farming:  49  Foraging:  49  | Prospecting:   49 |

Crafting:

Alchemy: 49  Cooking:  49  | Leatherworking:  49  | Weaponsmithing:  49  | Armorsmithing:  49  | Jewelry:  49  | Tailoring: 49

5,000+ Hours Logged, Closed Beta Player, Richest Merchant Around ;D

#15 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:50

Yes please

#16 Smallwolf

Smallwolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:35

while i myself wouldn't use this i totatly support the idea. just hope it would be a feature thats able to be turned off and on while in game not just when logging in. could get annoying for peopel to want to log in invise then have to relog just to turn invis off.

On other games, it is a function that you turn on or off while in game. Like an /anon [on|off] type command.

Edited by Smallwolf, 22 January 2014 - 06:36.

"Class": Warpriest (thats my aim). Professions: Cooking lv16 - (self sufficent atm) that includes farming, fishing, foraging etc. Alchemy (lv10) - by product of cooking when gathering mats don't sell. And mine for money.

#17 Amir

Amir

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:10

Don't support the idea of being able to play in an 'offline' mode - this isn't a single-player game, in other words; being online is (one of the biggest) part of the game. Neither do I support the idea of playing in an 'anonymous' mode, I understand it can be annoying if you're very popular or wanted since everyone can add you to their friendlist and see when you're online. 

My suggestion for this rather than adding an offline or an anonymous mode (which seems ridiculous in my head since this is an MMO-RPG, don't make it something else); 

- add a DND (do not disturb) mode which would make it unable for people to message or invite you (not sure myself about the inviting). They still see when you're online but they can see you're DND right away. Only if you would message them yourself you would enable it for them to talk back. 

Possibly you could also add another window or a notification system for when someone whispers you while you're in DND so you can still know when someone tries to whisper you. That window would obviously not be in your normal chat window.

I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done

*That's so deep we need another sewer level*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: