5 replies to this topic

#1 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 19:35

Levelling my alt reminded me of what a pain it is to move things around in packs and how easy it is to move things to the stash and vault. 

I guess there is a bit of code that when the vault or stash is open then ctrl-click moves things between invent/pack and vault or stash and otherwise do the first menu item (consume food, drink potion, equip item)

What about a little switch on packs and inventory that is red or green

AalyUhv.png

(badly drawn switches on sacks)

If the invent is red and you ctrl-click on an item it moves to a sack with a green switch (like it does now when the vault or stash is open)

If the switch is neither then the normal ctrl-click action applies (consume food, drink potion, equip item)

You could then move items between packs (by setting one red and one green) rather than  to the invent.

You could also switch to green on a pack and gathered/crafted goods would go to the pack instead of the invent like a sort of preference switch.

Like in the above pic i like to keep my pots in a separate pack. I often use most of them and then go make a whole lot more. When i craft them they go in my invent and i have to move them all individually to the potion pack. With this system i could ctrl-click to move them from invent to the pack or set the pack to green and they would just go there first.

#2 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2014 - 20:15

Ctrl click to shuffle things between Inventory and backpacks would be great Zeus! Not sure of the easiest way to add it, but It would really improve the player experience of inventory management.

Ctrl click to move as you suggested would be a good start, setting the pack for them to go to would be great too. :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#3 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 20:30

yes i was actually trying to do this not 5 minutes ago.. it would be great if it could be done :)

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#4 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:44

oh, yes please.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#5 Unlucker

Unlucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:55

I hope they will add multi-select option one day ( simply click and drag to select all items in inventory with your mouse ). Shouldn't be that hard to implement.

#6 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 22:05

I hope they will add multi-select option one day ( simply click and drag to select all items in inventory with your mouse ). Shouldn't be that hard to implement.

was thinking about that, right-click-drag isn't used yet

DlegCu4.pngugly orange arrow is cursor

As you right-click-drag you make an oblong and they become selected then left-click-drag to move to other pack as for any other item

or as you drag the background of the square goes a little bit lighter and then left-click-drag to move to other pack as for any other item

Edited by ZeusIV, 21 October 2014 - 22:33.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: