Photo

What changes would you want to see in PvP/GvG?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2015 - 19:06

I am trying to come up with a solution to the stagnation of PvP and GvG as they are right now.

I am an "elite PvPer with an elite PoV" (or so I'm told), so I want/need to get perspective from others who aren't into this type of gameplay.

What would get you into PvP or GvG? What can HCS do to bring you in? 

1. Rewards (this is a no-brainer)

2. Accessibility for higher levels (larger bands)

and please, no bashing each other... or me. I am trying to bring activity to a dying/dead part of the game :(

Edited by Spitfire666123, 17 December 2015 - 19:50.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 19:23

I am trying to come up with a solution to the stagnation of PvP and GvG as they are right now.

I am an "elite PvPer with an elite PoV" (or so I'm told), so I want/need to get perspective from others who aren't into this type of gameplay.

What would get you into PvP or GvG? What can HCS do to bring you in? 

1. Rewards (this is a no-brainer)

and please, no bashing each other... or me. I am trying to bring activity to a dying/dead part of the game :(

Not an area I participate in, but perhaps giving YOUR ideas is a good start to a discussion thread ? ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2015 - 19:39

Not an area I participate in, but perhaps giving YOUR ideas is a good start to a discussion thread ? ;)

Giving my ideas would be paramount to lowering my head and giving people the axe... but I might as well.

For PvP: I actually kind of liked the seasons idea, and wasn't around to see what the overall consensus was and why people hated it... I disliked how everyone was lumped together. Giving bands (extended from 50-100 to 500) might fix it a little. The "winner" band that there was (can't remember the name) should be FFA, though, as there won't be many people there.

I think we scrapped that idea too early, and it has potential.

For GvG: There needs to be more rewards, and some restrictions. I've been talking to a player in global chat for an hour about this subject, and most ideas I brought up, they shut down, but this was my favorite:

You have three tiers of rewards:

The First tier is for the top 'x' guilds after a set period of time. Those guilds go to a tournament style single elimination GvG. 

The second tier will be for the guilds who attempted, but didn't qualify for the tournament. I feel that they should get an average amount of points, and could potentially buy an item or 2 per ladder reset (depending on what they want).

The third tier would be for those guilds that like to farm RP. They participate in GvGs, but don't play to win. They would get minimal rewards, but could buy something eventually 

I think the tournament idea is kind of... unnecessary depending on how the rewards work out... but maybe give special currency to the top 3 guilds in the tourney for special rewards at some point? 

Or scrap the tiers idea, and give RP based on Ladder position as a boost to normal RP gains? I don't know :(

Edited by Spitfire666123, 17 December 2015 - 23:30.

#4 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 19:39

GvG:
- Attacker receiving 5/8/10 RP in case of a draw.
- Wider attack range for 1000+ players (1500, 2000, 2500 addition)

PvP:
- Possibility to add gold/FSP on a Bounty after the bounty is on BB (costing Bounty Tickets to do it).
- Make expiring time 24hrs instead of 48hrs, but if no one finish 10 hits, the prize would be added to the next bounty the target receives, coming from any player.
- Make the Bounty Medal count towards any Bounty hit, not only on the ones you finish.
- Match the prize cost between Gold/FSPs (a level 2.500 player cost 250.000 Gold OR 1FSP, make any player higher than 2.000 cost 100 gold/level OR 2FSPs).

#5 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 19:41

Also, fix the lower level PvP Ladder bands.

25-249 is way too big of a gap to exist, for example.

#6 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2015 - 19:44

GvG:
- Attacker receiving 5/8/10 RP in case of a draw.

PvP:
- Possibility to add gold/FSP on a Bounty after the bounty is on BB (costing Bounty Tickets to do it).
- Make expiring time 24hrs instead of 48hrs, but if no one finish 10 hits, the prize would be added to the next bounty the target receives, coming from any player.
- Make the Bounty Medal count towards any Bounty hit, not only on the ones you finish.
- Match the prize cost between Gold/FSPs (a level 2.500 player cost 250.000 Gold OR 1FSP, make any player higher than 2.000 cost 100 gold/level OR 2FSPs).

Interesting ideas. So you want more accessibility more than anything.

How about being able to stack bounties if posted by the same person?

Example: I attack you 5 times. You can post me all 5 times, with a single bounty, requiring 5x the hits to clear with 5x the reward? It would save tickets for Bounty Hunters, and tidy the board a bit. 

Edited by Spitfire666123, 17 December 2015 - 19:46.

#7 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 21:04

Giving my ideas would be paramount to lowering my head and giving people the axe... but I might as well.

For PvP: I actually kind of liked the seasons idea, and wasn't around to see what the overall consensus was and why people hated it... I disliked how everyone was lumped together. Giving bands (extended from 50-100 to 500) might fix it a little. The "winner" band that there was (can't remember the name) should be FFA, though, as there won't be many people there.

I think we scrapped that idea too early, and it has potential.

For GvG: There needs to be more rewards, and some restrictions. I've been talking to a player in global chat for an hour about this subject, and every idea I brought up, they shut down, but this was my favorite:

You have three tiers of rewards:

The First tier is for the top 'x' guilds after a set period of time. Those guilds go to a tournament style single elimination GvG. 

The second tier will be for the guilds who attempted, but didn't qualify for the tournament. I feel that they should get an average amount of points, and could potentially buy an item or 2 per ladder reset (depending on what they want).

The third tier would be for those guilds that like to farm RP. They participate in GvGs, but don't play to win. They would get minimal rewards, but could buy something eventually 

I think the tournament idea is kind of... unnecessary depending on how the rewards work out... but maybe give special currency to the top 3 guilds in the tourney for special rewards at some point? 

Or scrap the tiers idea, and give RP based on Ladder position as a boost to normal RP gains? I don't know :(

If you were referring to me, I did not shoot down every idea. I like the tournament idea. Just need to work out how to match up the best gvg guilds against each other if neither have targets.

The rest of your gvg ideas posted here seems fine...

The one idea I rejected was your proposal to remove RP's for losing guilds or to limit RP reward for losing guilds to only buffs.  This would absolutely demotivate our guild from participating. You say easy rewards but titan hunting is far easier for us. I think the real rub is against the 20 conflict guild you have a problem with that manipulate the system but your solution is at the expense of guilds like us that are starting to dabble more into GVG.

#8 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2015 - 21:14

If you were referring to me, I did not shoot down every idea. I like the tournament idea. Just need to work out how to match up the best gvg guilds against each other if neither have targets.

The rest of your gvg ideas posted here seems fine...

The one idea I rejected was your proposal to remove RP's for losing guilds or to limit RP reward for losing guilds to only buffs.  This would absolutely demotivate our guild from participating. You say easy rewards but titan hunting is far easier for us. I think the real rub is against the 20 conflict guild you have a problem with that manipulate the system but your solution is at the expense of guilds like us that are starting to dabble more into GVG.

You address one idea (the Tournament, which was your idea to begin with), then go back to what you shot down...

What about the rest of the post?

#9 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 21:35

You address one idea (the Tournament, which was your idea to begin with), then go back to what you shot down...

What about the rest of the post?

Please re read my post:
"The rest of your gvg ideas posted here seems fine..."

#10 rikk1

rikk1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 22:02

Maybe, if HCS is concerned or at least, interested...they could either select a few players or ask for volunteers who are experienced PvPers to find out what the general public might like in PvP and Gvg.  They could help to infuse the game in an exciting way. Not sure what the thinking was in the former attempts, but it seemed to me that prior efforts were half-hearted.

#11 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2015 - 22:12

Maybe, if HCS is concerned or at least, interested...they could either select a few players or ask for volunteers who are experienced PvPers to find out what the general public might like in PvP and Gvg.  They could help to infuse the game in an exciting way. Not sure what the thinking was in the former attempts, but it seemed to me that prior efforts were half-hearted.

I actually liked the Seasons idea... they just needed to work with it more than they did.

As far as getting ideas of what the general public wants, that's the idea of this post... I just wish there was an easier way to spread this around for more people to get involved

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 22:29

Asking just PvP'rs / GvG'rs for their ideas - without balancing it with opinions of those who dont like / don't want to partake in those activities would be a fatal mistake.

The cows have to provide a game that appeals to ALL players, not just one side of the "ethereal" fence ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#13 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2015 - 22:38

Asking just PvP'rs / GvG'rs for their ideas - without balancing it with opinions of those who dont like / don't want to partake in those activities would be a fatal mistake.

The cows have to provide a game that appeals to ALL players, not just one side of the "ethereal" fence ...

"they could either select a few players or ask for volunteers who are experienced PvPers to find out what the general public might like in PvP and Gvg.  "[/quote]

I'm not entirely sure why PvPers have to get the consensus though

#14 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 22:50

[quote name="Spitfire666123" post="955411" timestamp="1450391902"]

"they could either select a few players or ask for volunteers who are experienced PvPers to find out what the general public might like in PvP and Gvg. "[/quote]

I'm not entirely sure why PvPers have to get the consensus though[/quote]
I think the 2nd P deserves a say? No?

#15 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 23:46

It does not matter what changes are made to PvP,  I'm not interested in taking part. 

It does not matter what changes are made to GvG, I'm not really interested in it either.

Any thing that involves killing another person is reserved for the real world if my life or the life of any member of my family is on the line. (Except my ex husband, he's on his own) Add to that anyone that I have come to care about and call friend.

There is enough killing going on in the real world to slake the blood lust and a game is not relevant, ie, it's a waste of hard earned dots and time consumed waiting for the stam.

I've made my bones and don't feel like repeating the process over and over and over to help someone else. 

#16 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2015 - 23:56

It does not matter what changes are made to PvP,  I'm not interested in taking part. 

It does not matter what changes are made to GvG, I'm not really interested in it either.

Any thing that involves killing another person is reserved for the real world if my life or the life of any member of my family is on the line. (Except my ex husband, he's on his own) Add to that anyone that I have come to care about and call friend.

There is enough killing going on in the real world to slake the blood lust and a game is not relevant, ie, it's a waste of hard earned dots and time consumed waiting for the stam.

I've made my bones and don't feel like repeating the process over and over and over to help someone else. 

PvP isn't murder, it's more like ritual combat.

If PvP was murder, you would lose your character every time you lost.

I want to make it more likable to people that want to play it. If you don't, then don't.

Edited by Spitfire666123, 18 December 2015 - 00:01.

#17 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 00:12

This is not just a game of GvG/ PvP.  I'm the second P in that PvP and I have a say in whether I want to be killed or not.

The creatures in the game are coded into the game, there is not a living, breathing human sitting in a seat on the other side of the screen that is deciding my fate.  I willingly take part in the hunt, with everything that can and does go wrong, I take part.

I have to gear up, buff up, and watch out as to what I do. It will also take changing gear from time to time.  I do not always win, sometimes I die, that is on me for not paying attention.

Where PvP and GvG are concerned, I have few alternatives.  I can buy PvP protection, which I have.  Any gold is open to steal, if I'm slow. It has happened in the past and will happen in the future. I live with that.

I changed gear before I logged out last night because our guild was in a GvG, I also buffed up. But alas, the buffs ran out and the killing went on.

I logged in with more than 25k damage to my gear which I repaired, even had to pull the gold out of the bank to do it.

I guess that's some of my biggest gripes about it.  I don't want to play that part, others do and those that do force it on me,  I don't willingly take part.

Edited by Pythia, 18 December 2015 - 01:09.

#18 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 00:13

Pvp and GvG got an upgrade on rewards recently.(ladder a few pots and sets if i recall, and Gvg new epic recipes)

Larger bands. Not working out, if i recall someone pointed out that there is less player participating.(probably not getting free stuff)

In my opinion, Seasons was nice but community could not come to consesus.(big player having big stam banks etc unfair)

Only suggestion i have is Team V Team wars(5v5) but not sure how it would implemented. ( since Guild wars is not something i think that would work out in fs )

To Get me in: not sure, not part of game i play. unless i need something its counterproductive toward my style of play

Edited by gilby90813, 18 December 2015 - 00:27.

#19 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 December 2015 - 00:34

In all honesty gvg/pvp have had some updates but I think more needs to be done not sure exactly what.  :rolleyes:

I liked the seasons myself and wanted to keep that process since it was a huge challenge to go after bigger players.  If you look at my bio I managed to make it work and was rather fun.  :wub:

I do not have any easy solutions to improve these areas and yes I do play from time to time in both.  I think if you just want to hit creatures and level that is okay too and both sides of the issue need to respect and understand it takes players of all types to play fs. 

There is no one way only to play the game and hope all players will respect others opinions on the topic.  I would like to add that all areas of the game need updates in mechanics and improvements in how game is played for fun. 

May all players take time and respond in forum topics and have fun playing one area of fs or all areas of fs world cheers! :P  :D

#20 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:35

To change whatever they did to the pvp bands back to what it was.. 8 bands for almost 3000 levels?

If anything, change the first pvp band because its a bit ridiculous to have level 25s going up against a level 249 (word on the street is new players get automatically placed into the pvp band once their protection is gone and are of level) .. Brutal...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: