Photo

Why Can't I Control My Prestige?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Prestige, You Earned It (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Change, in a simple way, how Prestige is used?

1. Yes (74 votes [84.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.09%

2. No (14 votes [15.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 daripper41

daripper41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:27

yes without a doubt I think it should be on a sliding scale,,,so yes I agree with changeing it,,,,,,,,:>}

#22 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:56

it feels good to begin the year with a fresh slate of prestige.. but i did not need a thousand minutes of the prestige benefit.. hopefully this next year comes with a revamp of PvP prestige along with the changes that PvP needs..

#23 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:30

budabump

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#24 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 15:15

+1

Forcing players to use all their prestige at once is like forcing them to level. As someone stated in a previous reply, levelling and using the prestige would be pointless and a waste as they may want to stay in the same level range (ie. 1190 - 1199).

#25 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 15:15

I would love to see it changed, there is really no negative to any type of slider bar to use increments of your prestige. All that's being asked for it a better way of cashing it in, when some one wants to cash it in regardless of how much they have accumulated. The argument of "You should have not built up so much" is irrelevant because in the same token HCS could have capped it so no one had an overabundance of prestige and they would not be able to continue to build it but to use it or lose it. Several players will never cash in because they have reach the "No turning back point" and have built up way to much to even think about being only to use 5-25% of their actual prestige. Regardless of anyone's style of play, this benefits all.

Two easy and simple ways to do it,

1. Like it is now, but up to 2k prestige anything above that would just be subtracted. No slider but no waste.

2. Allow a slider with a max, to where you can choose to use anywhere from 100-2000 prestige, and with no wasted prestige for anything left over.

Edited by murabane, 29 December 2014 - 15:17.

#26 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 December 2014 - 21:49

Not a good idea... farm your prestige and use it. 

Some players did not use prestige for their own reasons... not a  HCS issue.... HCS did not  Force anyone to go beyond the max.  Players kept adding to their prestige knowing the rules set forth.

And now players want to complain that they cannot use less then all of it?  The argument is not valid. 

I use my prestige, religiously.... however, between hunts I accrue a lot....  because I also bounty hunt.... Most of the time I have 6+ hours when I begin my hunt, and my stam lasts less than 2.... Yeah, I'd like to be able to keep those extra hours in reserve.... Why shouldn't I be able to?  BTW, do YOU acquire and use prestige?  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#27 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:52

+100% 

Edited by bloody18, 19 August 2015 - 05:34.

#28 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:27

Any other idea about new buffs to use with PvP Prestige?

Something like:
X% extra fragmets while breaking items for Composing. (Up to 50%)

#29 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 08 January 2015 - 00:32

I think prestige should be used not only for+10% XP, but chose the amount for other skills too,maybe some extra PVP skills( is made by pvp fights)

#30 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:41

I think prestige should be used not only for+10% XP, but chose the amount for other skills too,maybe some extra PVP skills( is made by pvp fights)

Now this idea opens up an entire set of possibilities! Would be nice to see something new and shiny :D

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#31 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 January 2015 - 20:19

At first I liked the idea. But then I realised it would only stagnate activity further.

If you have 8000 prestige, you wouldn't need to participate in PvP for another year. If you lost your prestige points after each hunt, you would need to go and participate more often. That is my reasoning behind the No vote. I want the game to thrive, like a beehive ;-)

#32 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 22:19

At first I liked the idea. But then I realised it would only stagnate activity further.

If you have 8000 prestige, you wouldn't need to participate in PvP for another year. If you lost your prestige points after each hunt, you would need to go and participate more often. That is my reasoning behind the No vote. I want the game to thrive, like a beehive ;-)

That's a good point for those who only do PvP for Prestige, but for those who do PvP everyday is very terrible to lose all the Prestige everytime they hunt.

For sure I preffer to control my Prestige than what we have now, but if you have another idea to solve the problem I'll be happy to hear :)

#33 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 19:19

That's a good point for those who only do PvP for Prestige, but for those who do PvP everyday is very terrible to lose all the Prestige everytime they hunt.

For sure I preffer to control my Prestige than what we have now, but if you have another idea to solve the problem I'll be happy to hear :)

Of course those that try to manipulate the game for xp gain benefit(ie Prestige traders) will be opposed to this idea. They want to gain something for free without risking or earning it. The very reason Prestige can only be earned every 3 days. More so, it is the reason Prestige gain needs to be changed to how much stam is used on an attack needs to qualify a player to the amount of Prestige is gained, meaning 10 stam attacks need to earn 1 Prestige while 100 stam attacks should earn 10 Prestige points. Just like the rest of the game, stam used should be the factor in what a player earns!

[Signature removed]

#34 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 22:39

Sugar, most of us, if not all, PvP on a regular basis anyway.  Prestige is our bonus.  The restrictions were put into place to keep us from "farming" people for prestige, like the cooldown period was added all those years ago to stop repeated attacks one after another till somebody was back to hunting rats, and the number of levels lost via a single bounty was capped to keep us from literally pummelling somebody out of the game.  (Yeah, it has happened).  I generally lose at least 2 levels between hunts from my prestige runs, which some may say is bad, but as I feel that this is my Hoof given right, I have no problem paying whatever costs are involved, and this does include my levels.  I have never understood why, after all of that,  that If I have maxed out the buff to 10%, which I feel is a good rate, btw, why can't I decide I want to spend 69 minutes hunting, and save that extra 5+ hours for another day.  Do you really think I'm going to stop PvPing because I have prestige time in reserve?  I don't even think that is possible.  A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into my character design, and a lot of rl $ too, not going to just quit doing what I do because of that.  

Edited by BadPenny, 24 January 2015 - 22:41.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#35 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:19

I wouldn't mind an option to use less than all of my prestige at once, but as I have almost 35k of it rigtht now, I dont know if I would use it regardless.

But would be nice to have the option :)

If only I could use it on other bonuses than xp gain... That I would use.

eFqM9lD.gif

#36 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 19:47

I hit 2000 about a week ago, now every Prestige point I earn is worthless.

[Signature removed]

#37 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 16:36

Lu, why are they worthless now?  Don't they still work the same?  Or is it that you plan  to stay 2000 in perpetuity? 

Edited by BadPenny, 29 January 2015 - 16:36.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#38 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:32

*force bump*

#39 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:37

Lu, why are they worthless now?  Don't they still work the same?  Or is it that you plan  to stay 2000 in perpetuity? 

The max redeemable reward is 6 hours of 10% added xp and that cost is 2000 Prestige points. Any amount over 2000 is absolutely worthless because the reward is used all or none.

[Signature removed]

#40 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 20:16

That's just wrong.  Hoof, please fix this.... we really need options here, and lose that ridiculous cap, too.... 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: