Photo

Speaking of Pride

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Allow Pride to Recognize True Achievements? (92 member(s) have cast votes)

Weigh Medals According to Quality?

1. Yes (81 votes [88.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.04%

2. No (11 votes [11.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 18:37

I request that the HCS developers adjust and recalculate the way the new composing skill Pride is calculated. Currently it only rewards players for the number of medals:

+0.5 seconds per point multiplied by the number of medals you have increase in duration of any potions taken while this skill is active.

I feel this method unjust. Instead I believe it should be calculated for the quality of the medal as well, not just the number of medals. So bronze medals in each category carry a weight of say 1, while a Silver medal would carry a weight of 1.2, Gold 1.4, Crystal 1.6, Ruby 1.8 and Diamond a 2 for the ultimate achievement. The reason for the change being that players work hard for their accomplishments and those accomplishments should be rewarded accordingly. Thank you.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#2 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2014 - 18:44

Great idea otherwise why bother going beyond bronze...?

#3 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 18:47

+ 1

og3DxyP.gif

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 19:06

It isn't hard to admit that there is a pretty big difference between a Bronze medal and a Diamond one. All I'm asking is that the developers recognize the hard work a player has accomplished and there is a way that they can do it where it isn't too over powering. I don't, for example, think each medal tier should be weighted equally. If each tier where weighted with a 1 then the skill in this case would get over powered very quickly. Also the types of medals should remain carrying an even amount of weight otherwise there would be subjective arguments over the difficulty required to obtain them.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 daripper41

daripper41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 21:35

sounds like the right thing to do to me

#6 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 21:36

Agreed... why not

#7 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:17

Voted no, hey... why not.

Ask and you will learn.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 01 January 2015 - 01:19.

#8 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:41

i like the idea for what it is and i like it for my own gain also ... +2 :-)

#9 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 14:54

Seems like a waste of time when the cows have enough on their plates. 

EDIT:  Maybe this would be better requested on next road map 

Edited by justinian9, 01 January 2015 - 14:55.

#10 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 23:22

+1

The amount of time the cows will be spending for this tweak is at most 30 minutes. This is a very simple modification in the formula that it can easily be accommodated and included in the next update (if approved).

Edited by Maj, 01 January 2015 - 23:32.

#11 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:09

Can't find a good reason to say no to this, and I would like to see more involving the same structure of bonus.

#12 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:08

While supporting the notion that players "work hard" to get medals at some stage this game has to cease becoming easier.

#13 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:22

While supporting the notion that players "work hard" to get medals at some stage this game has to cease becoming easier.

I agree, the game continues to become far too easy! But what better way to allow acknowledgement of a players accomplishments then the Pride skill, where essentially you are receiving added time to the duration of a potion. It is a skill with very limited benifits. It doesn't add mega stats or super luck to your character. By changing this it would merely say a players efforts are worth something. This is a perfect example where the devs have a chance to show they appreciate players who have dedicated time and effort to the game without giving away any huge advantage over other players.

[Signature removed]

#14 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 22:59

By adding the Skill in the first place Cows are giving us recognition of our medals. Thing for me is I see so many players saying they do not have enough time to titan hunt to level to actually play the game as they would like so a buff that gives them more time seems to be Moot.

But it sure is funny watching people log out with 2 or 3 hours left on their buffs.

Edited by katatonic, 03 January 2015 - 05:47.

#15 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 17:28

Voted no. 

What am I missing here? Aren't medals a recognition of one's achievements in the game already? Do players not already know the difference between a bronze medal and a diamond? Does everything need to be about more and more rewards? What happened to being satisfied about an achievement in and of itself for the challenge, why are endless rewards required to make those achievements meaningful and why do they need to be uber exclusive?

The premise of this buff doesn't appeal to me in the first place as it demeans medals as-is and makes them yet another part of the game driven by greed rather than achievement and this change will only further drive it in that direction, no thanks. If you can't be satisfied with the medals you earn for what they represent without the incentive of further rewards, you've already lost their purpose.

Edited by bleacher12, 03 January 2015 - 17:28.

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 January 2015 - 00:48

Hey, to those naysayers, what 2, 3 of you?  I have 2 diamond no life medals, that I earned simply for being part of this community.  The rest, I put blood, sweat, tears and YES $$$ into. My smasher, dominance and bounty hunter medals also cost me many levels.   My medals should hold some kind of weight somehow, should give me more than just pretty pixels. Everybody else can say the same, even you.  We deserve recognition, and the level of our medals deserves it as well.  It's just a buff, naysayers, we're not asking for fireworks, parades or cash incentives, just props for our efforts.  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#17 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 22:35

I request that the HCS developers adjust and recalculate the way the new composing skill Pride is calculated. Currently it only rewards players for the number of medals:

+0.5 seconds per point multiplied by the number of medals you have increase in duration of any potions taken while this skill is active.

I feel this method unjust. Instead I believe it should be calculated for the quality of the medal as well, not just the number of medals. So bronze medals in each category carry a weight of say 1, while a Silver medal would carry a weight of 1.2, Gold 1.4, Crystal 1.6, Ruby 1.8 and Diamond a 2 for the ultimate achievement. The reason for the change being that players work hard for their accomplishments and those accomplishments should be rewarded accordingly. Thank you.

I agree !!

Since the buff is based on medals achieved by the individual player then of course recognition of the level of the medal MUST  also be considered when calculating the buff.  How is that not obvious to those naysayers. 

In comparison  fragmenting of items gives recognition of items which have been forged so a fully forged item gives x 5 compared to a non forged item.  If a forged item can be given recognition why isnt an advanced medal given recognition?

Edited by Melissa3, 11 January 2015 - 22:36.

#18 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 January 2015 - 22:59

Figure out a way of determining which medals actually INVOVED work and effort and weren't obtained simply through longevity or collusion and fine ... then reward each tier of the medal.

Until then, I'd say no - because there's no real way for the cows to determine if the medals were obtained "legitimately" or otherwise.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#19 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 00:00

Hey, to those naysayers, what 2, 3 of you?  I have 2 diamond no life medals, that I earned simply for being part of this community.  The rest, I put blood, sweat, tears and YES $$$ into. My smasher, dominance and bounty hunter medals also cost me many levels.   My medals should hold some kind of weight somehow, should give me more than just pretty pixels. Everybody else can say the same, even you.  We deserve recognition, and the level of our medals deserves it as well.  It's just a buff, naysayers, we're not asking for fireworks, parades or cash incentives, just props for our efforts.  

I never argue out of personal self interest, I found playing the game for fun rather than pursuing rewards for playing it was a lot more enjoyable.

#20 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 January 2015 - 00:57

I'm not saying I don't derive great joy from my pursuits.  Even losing levels can be fun if you look at it in the right light.   But I think of it this way.  We have diamond bounty hunters, SE hunters, Titan hunters.... There has always been fun in doing these things, the last can be very profitable, SE's not so much, bounty hunting, well, it's always been a money pit.  We bounty hunt for fun AND the medals.  My point is, it takes a lot of time and effort, not to mention a true cash investment, to achieve a Diamond medal for any of these things.  I'm sure our top bounty hunter did it for fun, not recognition.  HOWEVER, shouldn't his efforts  be recognized as more than those of a new bronze medal holder?  I think they should .... 

I think you just like to banter with me, though.  I like bantering with you, too, tbh, but here, I think I'm right.   

Edited by BadPenny, 12 January 2015 - 00:58.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: