Photo

Speaking of Pride

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Allow Pride to Recognize True Achievements? (92 member(s) have cast votes)

Weigh Medals According to Quality?

1. Yes (81 votes [88.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.04%

2. No (11 votes [11.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:15

I think the buff, Pride, should stay how it is ... because everyone can earn bronze medals fairly easily in most categories, even new players with some effort.

I do think it is a mistake to have ONLY new buffs with composing and completely neglect the skill tree. Or perhaps have a lesser form of these new composing only buffs in the skill tree, and not necessarily at 1600 or higher. Lets mix it up HCS !

Your issue, at first, doesn't seem to be against changing the skill Pride itself, but HOW the skill is attained. You think it's unfair level achievement isn't considered to attain composed pots bypassing the skill tree. Fair enough, but that's another argument. It's ironic since you DO need to have attained a certain number of levels to attain some medals, akin to the skill tree requirements. However, there are only two medals that require gaining high levels to achieve them, Best Player and Top 100. The Adventure(Quest) medal, SE, Titan, and Top monthly medals only require enough levels to attain them. The rest have no level requirements whatsoever.

New buffs will arrive for players above level 1600. https://forums.hunte...ts/#entry727516. This discussion is about a skill that is already in effect for current composed pots that can benefit everyone. I want HCS to acknowledge dedicated players to the game in a small way that doesn't overpower the convenience skill Pride. The skill would then represent the true medal achievements of players since there is a considerable difference between bronze and diamond medals. I want that recognized!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#42 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:44

I think the bigger issue with buffs right now is three fold. 1) Is the buff market working as intended? (With people being able to be on auto reload and sell buffs infinitely until there stam runs out); 2) Was it the intent of the cows to make composing potions as strong as donation level potions (if not, what is the correction to it)?; 3) Why is it taking forever to get buffs beyond level 1600?

Sorry to derail your post a bit, but these need answers before Pride in my honest opinion.

Edited by Windbattle, 17 March 2015 - 01:45.

#43 Olef

Olef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 15:08

bump

#44 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 15:30

+1

#45 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 19:12

I am finding out hard it is to reach diamond level, I get a little closer ever day. 

I have medals in bronze, gold, silver, diamond across a selection of categories..  

I don't need to have anyone else acknowledge my achievements but myself.

I don't need to have anything arranged in any particular order.

I don't need some special flag to wave to get anyone elses attention.

I don't need to get a boost to any stat for what I do, because I don't do it for anyone else but me.

I do all that I do for fun, for my amusement.

Except I do do things that help others now and then. lol

Oh yes, I did not vote, because I don't care which way it goes.

#46 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:00

I think the real question in this poll should be whether this change would actually increase your incentive to increase your medal levels. 

The "logic" behind the question as is makes "sense".

Personally, I don't see any need for the Pride buff itself. 

There's some interesting points on both sides. I won't bother to rehash them. I definitely believe that HCS has more important issues to deal with.

Again, no option in the poll for me so I didn't vote. 

#47 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:37

I GOT IT! How about having Pride boosting potions in special section of AH. pride boosts bronze anyway, so have a silver, gold crystal medal booster, ect that will give a little boost to those medals. 

Example you have 5 gold medals and 10 crystal medal. Buy a pride gold boost potion and a pride crystal boost potion.

the gold boost potion will work on the 5 gold medals and the crystal will work on the crystal medals. No stacking on a single medal other than the primary pride potion :)

#48 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 23:00

Any word on this yet HCS?

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#49 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 16:55

I'm bumping this thread since it seems to have a lot of relevance to playing the Ladder, it is a highly popular idea, and since we're looking to fix what we had I wanted it to be seen again instead of falling into the abyss!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#50 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:15

i just got reminded of this thread, this was good :)

#51 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 21:31

Yes please make our big effort show up on something

#52 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:39

Bump, so Hoof remembers to add this to the next update :D

[Signature removed]

#53 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2015 - 15:46

Bump, so Hoof remembers to add this to the next update :D

So demanding.... :P

But yes, I do like this idea. I'll have a think over the numbers on it and discuss it with the team :)

#54 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2015 - 15:56

But yes, I do like this idea. I'll have a think over the numbers on it and discuss it with the team :)

i like this too :D

#55 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 16:34

This link might help: 

https://docs.google....1#gid=354321258

#56 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2015 - 19:14

This link might help: 

https://docs.google....1#gid=354321258

#57 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:10

Not to add salt to an open wound but after waiting for this to happen since 31 Dec 2014(9 months), and personally witnessing you add a full update of player blocking levels in about 8 hrs from inception of the idea, I thought there was some serious restraint.

Why don't you give the game playing old timers who care enough about each aspect of the game to strive for excellence a little developer love. With all the uber high level pots that have infiltrated the game, some bonus duration will hardly imbalance the game!

[Signature removed]

#58 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:09

Why don't you give the game playing old timers who care enough about each aspect of the game to strive for excellence a little developer love. With all the uber high level pots that have infiltrated the game, some bonus duration will hardly imbalance the game!

I said I liked the idea :P

I'm going to tweak it - I just need to look over the numbers before actually changing it - most likely later this week.

#59 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 16:54

Just me or are some players being listened to more than others? :(

#60 Removed20081

Removed20081

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 23:40

Just me or are some players being listened to more than others? :(

Just you I'm afraid, contrary to popular belief, HCS don't play favourites, if you bring up a great idea that the admins feel has merit, you'll be listened to just the same as anyone else.

Voted in favour of making pride's effect more powerful if medals are higher ranked, as said before in this thread, there's a huge difference in effort required between bronze and diamond, it makes sense that those with higher rank medals should get more out of the skill than the average... It's also a nice incentive to aim for higher rank medals imo, which is a great thing for in game activity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: