39 replies to this topic

#21 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:47

HCS walks a tightrope deciding whether or not to challenge us, or give us easy targets.

We complain either way.

I've finished hard games, been glad, and never gone back.

I've also given up on games that are stupidly hard.

A while ago people needed crystal gear at level 150.

At Level 186 they changed the game for a generation or two of players. Not now.

400 was a watershed.

I have no problem with HCS making level 2500 another watershed where the game gets really hard again. 

Will that make you enjoy the game more?

(Will it really be hard if you can compose SH450?? If you make it hard for people who have access to that buff, what will it be like for those who can't get access to huge SH?)

Will HCS worry that will lose them players/paying customers?

If it has been too easy all this time, why are you still here? By your own criteria you should have got bored and left by now.

But you are still here. The game has something to offer you.

The achievement is not hollow. Is it?

Edited by BigGrim, 09 March 2015 - 11:45.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#22 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2015 - 13:03

Since you're getting personal again...

The reason I'm here is because until recently I had a cool little job as a chat moderator. This kept me content and reasonably busy.

Not to mention the thousands and thousands I've sunk into this game. Challenging or no it's hard to simply walk away from that kind of investment. (even though I have tried many time, and succeeded sometimes for weeks and even months)

This game wasn't originally designed to be a 1 hit kill game, the diversity of stats available speak to that.

HCS should not be afraid to create content that we can't simply steam through.

It is ONLY because of a loud minority of people in these forums that over time various aspects of the game have been diluted and diluted until they have become laughable.

To be completely honest I don't care if you don't share the same opinion as I do. I speak to enough people to know that I am not the only person who shares these beliefs about the lack of challenge within the game.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#23 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 13:26

Nothing personal.

The decisions to be had are HCS's.

That was my point.

They introduced composing buffs that now nerf everything in the game.

If they nerf buffs for everyone based on the strength of composed buffs, I think more people will suffer than benefit, and the game will lose anyway. The cat is out of the bag.

Let's work together to come up with creative ways to re-establish challenges within the game. 

Edited by Belaric, 08 March 2015 - 13:33.

#24 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2015 - 13:45

Will that make you enjoy the game more?

Will HCS worry that will lose them players/paying customers?

If it has been too easy all this time, why are you still here? By your own criteria you should have got bored and left by now.

But you are still here. The game has something to offer you.

The achievement is not hollow. Is it?

Sure, not sure why on earth I would take that personal...

Might I also point out that these things you are pointing out also make people's objections to making epics a little more powerful (So they aren't completely useless outside of gaining stam and arena) even worse.

You're not really telling me anything I don't already know, the game balance has been supremely borked for quite some time. Adding back a fraction of the Epics once great power amongst the items is nothing in comparison to the damage the massive power creep we have witnessed with the constant slew of uber potions.

Edited by BigGrim, 09 March 2015 - 11:45.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#25 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 14:00

When the coord buffs were first introduced they were meant to affect epics.  The forum naysayers had that changed PDQ.

The OP is asking to reinstate the original intention of the buffs, to make epics a little more useful when offline.  How about a compromise: new buffs that mimic the coord & smashing hammer buffs but at 1/2 the strength for a longer duration?

#26 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 14:01

Point taken.

Anything further we can talk about in PM, rather than hashing out on the forum.

As for the OP and giving extra oomph to the epics. I believe that ship has sailed, though I wouldn't mind epics being made more EPIC.

#27 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 March 2015 - 16:48

Since you're getting personal again...

The reason I'm here is because until recently I had a cool little job as a chat moderator. This kept me content and reasonably busy.

Not to mention the thousands and thousands I've sunk into this game. Challenging or no it's hard to simply walk away from that kind of investment. (even though I have tried many time, and succeeded sometimes for weeks and even months)

This game wasn't originally designed to be a 1 hit kill game, the diversity of stats available speak to that.

HCS should not be afraid to create content that we can't simply steam through.

It is ONLY because of a loud minority of people in these forums that over time various aspects of the game have been diluted and diluted until they have become laughable.

To be completely honest I don't care if you don't share the same opinion as I do. I speak to enough people to know that I am not the only person who shares these beliefs about the lack of challenge within the game.

Tell them, Doomikins..... I, for one, think the time of the easy button is long past.  I'm still dubious about recent changes put into place to make the game easier for levels 1-100.   I believe that is setting them up for a fall....  As for me... I want more stuff I have to take a bite out of and chew it up... I'm so looking forward to Karthak, even though I heard it will cost a fortune, because I hear it's a hard quest-line to plow through.  I like stuff like that.  I loved doing Xindy.... but I was left a little disappointed there, because there was no challenge, just mostly a bunch of walking around looking for the right beastie to kill at the time....  

As for the epics.  they're just fine as they are.  If you want better stats for your epics, quit wearing your red ring of death, ww and skallys and update to higher level epics for yourself.   And remember, the enhancements in epics are incredibly strong.  I have been thwarted many times by somebody in 9 epics.   And my epics have saved my behind many a time.  Epics do what they were designed to do.... leave them be....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#28 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:16

Tell them, Doomikins..... I, for one, think the time of the easy button is long past.  I'm still dubious about recent changes put into place to make the game easier for levels 1-100.   I believe that is setting them up for a fall....  As for me... I want more stuff I have to take a bite out of and chew it up... I'm so looking forward to Karthak, even though I heard it will cost a fortune, because I hear it's a hard quest-line to plow through.  I like stuff like that.  I loved doing Xindy.... but I was left a little disappointed there, because there was no challenge, just mostly a bunch of walking around looking for the right beastie to kill at the time....  

As for the epics.  they're just fine as they are.  If you want better stats for your epics, quit wearing your red ring of death, ww and skallys and update to higher level epics for yourself.   And remember, the enhancements in epics are incredibly strong.  I have been thwarted many times by somebody in 9 epics.   And my epics have saved my behind many a time.  Epics do what they were designed to do.... leave them be....

Sorry Penny the most efficient way through Karthak will see not 1 quest done.

At the end of the day you will need to decide if you want to hunt dreadlord or not.

As for epics as sets just  no even single sets so what if someone swipes a mill or more xp 10 hours and you will have it back through xp gain.

#29 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:31

Zizzy, darling, when have I ever done things the efficient way?  That's so boring.... no distractions?  Just point and shoot and mow down everything in sight?  What about the flowers and rainbows?  And the pots of gold waiting for me to fill my pockets?  Give me some pitfalls, sidetrack me..... Make me work for it, that's what I like :P

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#30 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:49

I say keep epics as they are now... pick what you want for your player, more hourly stamina gain or an offline def setup.  If players dont like being hit change setups.  Easy button!

#31 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:53

For me this have nothing to do with 'fell safe' or not, for me is more about 'allowing more gameplay'. I can say for myself, I used to love GvG, but there is only 2 paths to follow on this subject:

1 - Be member of a small GvG guild.
2 - Be part of a big guild and never GvG.

Really, there is no way to do a GvG with 120+ players on your guild.

Two things that concerns me about that idea:
1 - Maybe few items would need some tweaks on the stats, some are really way overpowered, but not all.
2 - While hunting/PvPing/etc, if you are able to wear 4 sets+1Epic that will count as 5 sets, what will be way overpowered.

With that addition everyone will be easy to hit as now, but will add more flexibility to your guild to work on GvG, Groups and Relics. 

#32 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:07

Speaking of Karthak...

Want to make the game challenging? Cool. Me, too. 

How about 100 level "Karthak-esque" content, with no shortcuts to get around it? Make it so it has to be done. 

In those 100 levels, make a quest chain that has to be done in a certain order to advance. Also, while we're at it, make the regular critters stats and enhancements something like the champions, and make the champions extremely tough. Maybe it could be an island, that for one reason or another we got dumped off on as a result of a previous quest. Remember when we had to make groups to kill the champs at the end of quests? Let's get back to that. Some exciting days were spent with groups waiting on 2 champs to spawn in a map with 20 other players looking for them, too. 

The reason I don't do quests anymore is because they've all become the same. I know you guys have imaginations. Let's see some of that creativity again.

Edited by 3JS, 11 March 2015 - 06:09.

#33 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:48

Speaking of Karthak...

Want to make the game challenging? Cool. Me, too. 

How about 100 level "Karthak-esque" content, with no shortcuts to get around it? Make it so it has to be done. 

In those 100 levels, make a quest chain that has to be done in a certain order to advance. Also, while we're at it, make the regular critters stats and enhancements something like the champions, and make the champions extremely tough. Maybe it could be an island, that for one reason or another we got dumped off on as a result of a previous quest. Remember when we had to make groups to kill the champs at the end of quests? Let's get back to that. Some exciting days were spent with groups waiting on 2 champs to spawn in a map with 20 other players looking for them, too. 

The reason I don't do quests anymore is because they've all become the same. I know you guys have imaginations. Let's see some of that creativity again.

Great idea on paper but its easy to solo elites and Se your own level no groups or relics required composing has changed the game forever.

#34 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:49

Great idea on paper but its easy to solo elites and Se your own level no groups or relics required composing has changed the game forever.

You're right, but it's a start.

#35 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 March 2015 - 00:06

interesting idea by Leos but not going to get implemented anytime soon. epics are really just for stam gain and secondly for arena. Thats it ... unless you love watching the animation on them, haha

#36 snafu

snafu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 16:27

Was wondering I keep on getting killed in GvG by Players Levels 869 & 894 i'm only Level 443.. If a 25 Level Both ways were the limits might make it better  they have plenty of people in that range to still hit me.

Lvl 843 sorry fot the mistakre

#37 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:42

50 each way for you.

Was wondering I keep on getting killed in GvG by Players Levels 869 & 894 i'm only Level 443.. If a 25 Level Both ways were the limits might make it better  they have plenty of people in that range to still hit me.

Lvl 843 sorry fot the mistakre

50 each way at your level.

#38 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:56

50 each way for you.

50 each way at your level.

uhh... I think 100?

• 50 - 300 (+/- 25)
  • 301 - 700 (+/- 50)
  • 701+ (+/- 100)

#39 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:09

uhh... I think 100?

• 50 - 300 (+/- 25)
  • 301 - 700 (+/- 50)
  • 701+ (+/- 100)

yeah you are right just does not show that way in find player..

#40 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 21:49

Personally I do not see any relation to epics and pvp. Yes you are an easier target, but then again, no setup is going to be a real challenge for a good pvp player unless you are extremely actively keeping yourself buffed/cloaked/relic'ed 24/7. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: