BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 March 2015 - 17:58

Hi there everyone.

The Elemental Wraiths have arisen from the Light only knows where. All that is known is that these creatures are roaming the Realms, raining destruction on all who oppose them.

The Warriors of the Realms must gather together to rid the Communities of these horrifying creatures!

Elemental Wraith (Level 25)
3179f69ebfb3419fecd8d03c844bafbf68da.jpg

The latest Global Event in Fallen Sword is now underway! In the Event, the Community must work together to destroy the Elemental Wraiths plaguing the realms.

Each player must earn a personal target for increasingly bountiful Frag Stashes (mouse over the event info on the World page for more details) while also helping the Community to attain the best total kills possible, unlocking the rewards for all.

The Event shall be live until 18:00 Server Time on the 14th of March.

For each tier that the community completes the reward will be as follows:

Bronze:1 x Global Bronze Frag Stash
Silver:1 x Global Silver Frag Stash
Gold:2 x Global Gold Frag Stash
Crystal:2 x Global Crystal Frag Stash
Ruby: 3 x Global Ruby Frag Stash

If you qualified, the reward(s) will be delivered to your mailbox shortly after the event ends. Note that you get the reward for the tier that you have qualified for, for example if the community unlocks Gold, but you qualify for Silver, you will receive 1 x Global Silver Frag Stash. You don't receive the rewards from lower tiers, only the tier you have qualified for.

Also if you are placed within the top 100 event contributors you will receive an additional Ruby chest reward.

Good luck everyone!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 March 2015 - 18:02

The Event shall be live until 15:00 Server Time on the 5th of June. 3 month event...cool :)

#3 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 March 2015 - 18:04

Imagine the top 100 after a three month event...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

D'oh! I ALWAYS miss that.

#5 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Badge

or is it the 14 like home page said?

#6 darknin12

darknin12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 18:05

Hahah same happened with the last event. Anyway, good to see a frag event, too bad we only get 3 chests. lol

Edited by darknin12, 09 March 2015 - 18:05.

#7 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 March 2015 - 18:07

Yay! :D  The Commons tank was getting low.

#8 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 19:16

Many, many thanks HCS. 

This was a nice "surprise". I myself (even as a frag seller) am quite happy and I know my buyers will be too.

For anybody that needs "hints" on GE:

https://forums.hunte...obal-events-ge/

Again, I know I'm way behind on the update. 

Good luck to the entire community. I'm hardcore crossing-my-fingers for the top tier! 

Prosperous smacking everybody! 

#9 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 19:24

Do monsters drop 1-5 frag mini stashes this event, as per the last 2 events?

#10 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 19:26

Thank you for the event !!

Can  you please though review the amount of higher level fragments given in the chests?   They dont seem to be in proportion to what is needed when making potions.

When i make a lvl 700 lightfoot i need 35 common, 26 rare, 23 unique, 21 legendary, 18 crystal, 4 se.

So the legendary are nearly two thirds of the amount of commons needed.

However the ruby chests are giving 1350 commons 400 legendary and 350 crystal.

So the legendary given in the ruby chests is less than one third of the commons .

Can this please be reviewed. Or another option is to go back to the previous formula applied to making potions which would have used only 11 legendary for the pot quoted above instead of 21.  Legendaries and crystal drop rate is very poor so even when an event is on they are hard to get.

Another consideration i would b happy with is the wraith drops during the event could be random types of drops... not only commons ?

For people making pots which are to be used , not just throw out levelling pots, we need all the types of frags not just commons, especially legendary and crystal.

#11 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 19:51

I'm more than happy with the mix of fragments in the chests now - previously, there were not enough commons (which, let's be honest here, the VAST majority of composers can't get enough of) and way too many higher level fragments (which, again, being honest, the VAST majority of composers weren't using at all or in VERY small quantities).

There have just been 2 back-2-back LE events in the realms, and, prior to that, if I recall correctly, 2 back-2-back Crystalline events - and these are far more common than previously.

There was a forum thread previously (which I've just looked for and can't find) where plenty of players asked for the balance to be changed heavily in favour of commons - which BG agreed with / to.

Do monsters drop 1-5 frag mini stashes this event, as per the last 2 events?

Yes

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#12 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 20:32

I'm more than happy with the mix of fragments in the chests now - previously, there were not enough commons (which, let's be honest here, the VAST majority of composers can't get enough of) and way too many higher level fragments (which, again, being honest, the VAST majority of composers weren't using at all or in VERY small quantities).

There have just been 2 back-2-back LE events in the realms, and, prior to that, if I recall correctly, 2 back-2-back Crystalline events - and these are far more common than previously.

There was a forum thread previously (which I've just looked for and can't find) where plenty of players asked for the balance to be changed heavily in favour of commons - which BG agreed with / to.

Yes

Common drop rate is 7 . 5 % .....  LE and crystal drop rate is 1 . 5 % ...... so even with all the events we have had they are still short in supply to those of us who are making useable potions....... wait till u start making many useable potions and not just throw aways...  u will be asking for the chests to contain frags in proportion with what is required in making composed pots as well !!

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 March 2015 - 20:49

Something is definitely wrong here.

Composing was meant to add value and a reason to collect these drops, instead of junking/ignoring.

Now we have people still ignoring the creatures, and others regularly asking for the straight-to-frag events.

Leaving the items still with minimal value to us and creating  new and extra strain on HCS.

Way to go everyone, you always live up to expectation.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 20:51

Common drop rate is 7 . 5 % .....  LE and crystal drop rate is 1 . 5 % ...... so even with all the events we have had they are still short in supply to those of us who are making useable potions....... wait till u start making many useable potions and not just throw aways...  u will be asking for the chests to contain frags in proportion with what is required in making composed pots as well !!

The ratios were altered as a result of player request - should that vote be rejected now ?

That said :-

Perhaps drop rates for MOST of the existing LE / Crystal / SE's could be increased (especially the lower level ones) - I say most to exclude drops like the "Destroyer Potion", for instance. All other low level SE/LE/Crystalline have little value anymore so increasing the drop rate shouldn't affect anything too dramatically.

BUT, NEW sets should keep the drop rate of 1.5% (or even lower than that maybe to try and maintain some value for a day or two at least..)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#15 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 21:02

The ratios were altered as a result of player request - should that vote be rejected now ?

That said :-

Perhaps drop rates for MOST of the existing LE / Crystal / SE's could be increased (especially the lower level ones) - I say most to exclude drops like the "Destroyer Potion", for instance. All other low level SE/LE/Crystalline have little value anymore so increasing the drop rate shouldn't affect anything too dramatically.

BUT, NEW sets should keep the drop rate of 1.5% (or even lower than that maybe to try and maintain some value for a day or two at least..)

I did not request for the drop rate of 1.5 % for legendaries and crystal be increased.  You referred to these events.  I agree that the drop rate on these items be kept low to give the items some value.

BUT, it should be  recognised that composable pot making should also reflect this.  Too many of these hard earned frags are required to make good useable pots.

At the very least the chests should give more of these frags and should give what is required when actually making these potions.

Im pretty sure that when the community catches up with the high lvl composers the changes will be made, but unfortunately there is not enough high lvl composers to make enough noise to be heard, and we need to struggle to get what we require.

#16 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 21:12

I did not request for the drop rate of 1.5 % for legendaries and crystal be increased.  You referred to these events.  I agree that the drop rate on these items be kept low to give the items some value.

BUT, it should be  recognised that composable pot making should also reflect this.  Too many of these hard earned frags are required to make good useable pots.

At the very least the chests should give more of these frags and should give what is required when actually making these potions.

Im pretty sure that when the community catches up with the high lvl composers the changes will be made, but unfortunately there is not enough high lvl composers to make enough noise to be heard, and we need to struggle to get what we require.

I didn't suggest you did suggest the drop rate was increased - I suggested that as an alternative to changing the chests back to their initial levels to suit yourself and a small group of high level composers to the detriment of most lower level composers still going thru commons at a great rate.

Existing LE/SE/Crystal drops have little value any longer, so increasing the drop rate to accommodate higher level composers seems a step in the right direction to me ?

Plus, I said for NEW sets (i.e. ones still on the drawing board), the drop rate should remain at 1.5% ... or, ideally, even lower still.

Salvaging existing set values is never going to happen (given the demand for LE/Crystal events) - maintaining new ones is still an option .

• 3JS likes this

#17 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 22:14

Although I'm not as high level as others in composing , I am probably on the top 10. I believe we have destroyed the value of high level frags with these events. Most likely, those that participated in all events up till now still have loads of the high level frags. The new ratios of the GE chest is probably still to heavy with high level frags but much better than before. I don't think we should change so that the traveling composers can keep dots rolling in. Let the values of high end frags rise again. (I don't buy them anymore as I still sit on a huge pile like many other players.)

#18 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 23:15

Don't worry about any of it, Boss, we'll never be all the way satisfied.... me, I find uniques hardest to come by.  You can pretty much farm commons and rares easily, and with all the recent LE events, we should have plenty of those, too, if we got off of our duffs and hunted them..... But uniques are Elite and Champ drops and quest rewards.  You gotta really work to get them....   

Regardless, I'm happy you hooked us up with what frags we are going to get.  Now to get some stam built up..... And a large bottle of Aleve for the aches and pains I will be sure to get from my shoulder blades to my fingertips :P

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#19 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 00:36

Although I'm not as high level as others in composing , I am probably on the top 10. I believe we have destroyed the value of high level frags with these events. Most likely, those that participated in all events up till now still have loads of the high level frags. The new ratios of the GE chest is probably still to heavy with high level frags but much better than before. I don't think we should change so that the traveling composers can keep dots rolling in. Let the values of high end frags rise again. (I don't buy them anymore as I still sit on a huge pile like many other players.)

"to keep the dots rolling in?"  Such a negative opinion u and many others seem to have ! ...  Based on what i wonder.... well i think that is obvious.....  Why dont u work your tail off and invest huge resources in composing and u too will be able to make some awesome pots instead of complaining about those that have.

Its not just travelling composers who need the high level frags.....  its every composer who is making potions for their guild.   Those who are not making useable potions and are only making throw away pots to advance their composing level obviously have more than they need of high end frags.

But composing is ultimately meant to make useable pots.

Its pretty obvious that the chests should reflect evenly the cost of making useable potions.  As i previously stated a LF 700 needs two thirds the amount of legendaries that it needs of commons........   a smashing hammer 450 needs half as many legendaries that it does of commons........  yet the ruby chest gives less than a third of the amount of legendaries that it gives of commons.....  

Sure throw away composers who are still developing dont need them , but real composers do !!

Edited by BigGrim, 10 March 2015 - 10:40.
No swearing please.

#20 wraith

wraith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 00:41

Sooo many innocent Wraiths slaughtered :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana