cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:28

It is certainly the very high levels of these buffs that most strain the fragment formula.

And for doubler in particular (where high level pots are cheaply available through other means) the composing fragments needed seem inappropriate.

Yeah, I was all excited when I reached the point I could make a Doubler 750... then found that it is cheaper to buy the Greater Doubler from people in the Auction House.  <_<

#42 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:13

Last Wraith event the top 100 was 10K kills

#43 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:30

I think part of the issue is how drops were not added for creatures above level 1600. Yes, new content batches now have one creature per batch with one Common, but it's nothing like the lower levels. We're told to go down to lower levels if we want to farm frags, but I think that's just as bad as frag events. It seems to me to kind of defeat the purpose of fragging/composing in the first place.

Everyone should be able to gather frags for composing during their normal leveling sessions.

Edit: Bad sentence structure was bothering me, so I fixed it.

Indeed, I had many forum battles regarding this too. (even had some heavy discussions with Grim about it on here)

Apparently the focus of composing wasn't to give value to our junk, it was to give job prospects to the new players...

(Which might I add, these frag events also harm)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#44 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:39

Apparently the focus of composing wasn't to give value to our junk, it was to give job prospects to the new players...

If that's the case, oops I'm messing it up :P  since I do not buy junk items from anyone.  ^_^

#45 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:12

Q) Is decreasing the reward from last time going to motivate high max stamina people to dump more of their stamina on a global event? No.

It's always been 1 extra for the Frag events as their Community total is considerably lower than the Potion Events.

I was wondering if it was possible to make it to where we could gift the frag stashes to a guildmate or another player?

Nope. Frags and composing are for the individual player to master.

BG: can you please correct whichever one of these announcements is wrong?

Whoops. Fixed. It's a Ruby chest.

The spread of shards in the chests is fine and will not be changed again.

#46 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 21:44

if anything get rid of frag events however still let critters drop frags this way it allows lower level playersthe chance to make a few fsp etc. i understand where these players that want a balance amount of frags are coming from but the point was to GIVE VALUE TO JUNK ITEMS NOT REDUCE IT just saying

One of the reason that we have frag events was to have more frequent GEs to work on medals. That being said, once you get up in composing levels you will indeed be thankful for the frag events. I could sell common frags just as fast during a frag event as during other times. NOTE: Potions cost a lot of frags and even making the potions for your own use can wipe out your frag balances in short order.

#47 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 21:46

You just try farming Uniques....     they're the hardest to come by imo, and I use a lot for *real* pots......

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#48 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 22:27

The Official Guide shows the wraiths paying 1 gold.  That is not happening.  Zero gold is given.

#49 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 22:35

The Official Guide shows the wraiths paying 1 gold.  That is not happening.  Zero gold is given.

I hope this is fixed before I begin my journey..... I seem to remember it being said that it wasn't unreasonable for these beasties to pay for themselves, Boss ;)

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#50 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 22:36

That will be what you get when you hunt them at level (you being level 25). By level 2211, you've presumably seen that you get less gold and xp from critters when your level is higher than theirs

Edited by rowbeth, 10 March 2015 - 22:36.

#51 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 23:10

No, I remember it being said they would all drop a gold.... so they would pay their own repair costs.  It was in global chat, iirc.....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#52 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 23:54

No, I remember it being said they would all drop a gold.... so they would pay their own repair costs.  It was in global chat, iirc.....

+1

I recall that said in a forum as well...

#53 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 March 2015 - 00:21

we're quibbling over ONE GOLD / WRAITH ??

Sheesh ....

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#54 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 00:34

It's the principle of the thing..... they're awful expensive....  and I'm cheap.... I want all my golds ;)

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#55 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:05

we're quibbling over ONE GOLD / WRAITH ??

Sheesh ....

2262 posts..  u always seem to have something to say........   how was your post useful?

My post is pointing out that what is actually happening is not what the official guide says will happen..... whether it be 1 gold or more makes no difference....... the  official guide needs correction...... or......  gold should be given as was said in a previous forum.

#56 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:28

My post is pointing out that what is actually happening is not what the official guide says will happen..... whether it be 1 gold or more makes no difference....... the  official guide needs correction...... or......  gold should be given as was said in a previous forum.

Well, its very believable that I missed the forum post that said they'd always drop 1 gold - and I certainly won't have read the global chat discussion. So I'm quite willing to believe the COWS promised a change that they haven't yet implemented.

But I still have to say that the official guide is not wrong. It doesn't ever give information about sublevelling rewards, so it doesn't pretend to say what happens when a level 2200+ character kills a level 25 creature.

#57 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:12

So I'm quite willing to believe the COWS promised a change that they haven't yet implemented.

I believe we said we'd consider it. It's incredibly rare for HCS to promise something. That's just how the Community like to read a "maybe" or "we'll consider it".

#58 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:37

I believe we said we'd consider it. It's incredibly rare for HCS to promise something. That's just how the Community like to read a "maybe" or "we'll consider it".

My comment was not intended as a criticism - and it certainly was *not* meant to imply that you (i.e. BG/Cows) promise things you don't deliver. So, many apologies if it came across that way.

So to rephrase what I was trying to say: "I may well have missed possible developments discussed in the forum/chat, but that doesn't change the fact that the OFSG is doing exactly what it should. It only ever lists the gold/xp gained when a creature is killed by someone of the same level."

#59 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2015 - 13:41

No worries. I do want it clarified that it is something I don't really have a problem with and we may implement it.

#60 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 14:29

Unbreakable helps a lot with repair costs for global creatures.. Wearing limited gear to kill the low level creature also lowers your repairs.. There are already in game tactics that can reduce repairs costs to zero if you care that much for your gold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: