28 replies to this topic

#1 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:08

Simple suggestion is to copy this upgrade for leveling and add it as a character upgrade for composing at same cost.

2 FSP for 1% xp to the next level.  Can not go above max level.

Now that there are people maxed out in composing there is no mystery of what buffs are coming or what levels they will be.

Also allows guilds big or small to have the option to compete with anyone if they choose to spend the fsp.

Power leveling is a huge source of income for FS, why not make it an option for composing?

#2 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:26

2 FSP seems rather cheap. If the price were to grow (just like when you instant a lot of potions successively) then sure. If it were to cost so little to get max composing we would see a lot of people get max level with minimal effort, and that's not what it was there for I believe. Just my 2 cents

#3 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:47

That would be a disservice to the players that put time and effort into composing to get to the higher levels.  Composing was designed to be a long term process and it I believe it should be left the way that it is.

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:22

Composing is just fine as is.  Other parts of the game need attention, let's not try to fix something that's not broke :)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#5 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:30

Bring it on. Great revenue stream for the bovines. 2 dots is way too cheap. Make it 10 for inflation. Like the stam cost to cast 1200+ level buffs, make it expensive.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#6 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:20

No

#7 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:13

2 dots for level 1-9, 3 dots 10-19, 4 dots 20-29, etc.  The higher you go the more pots you can compose at one time so increase the cost accordingly.

Screenshot everything!

#8 SoraXKairi

SoraXKairi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:19

The big problem here is the frag use. One could just speed through composing levels through upgardes with fsp only (without frags) so they could save all their frags for making the actual useful pots. This negates the need for the frags (read:commons) and the time one has to spend to reach the desired composing level.

I think the current instant finish option works like a charm. There is a nice combination of gold and frag sink instead of just fsp sink in order to gain composing xp in a faster way. Frag sink is the most crucial part because that's the reason we want more frags which is good. This will make more of us (target:new composer) to join in and work together to reach higher community target in a global event.

#9 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 16:44

Odd that some beat the "no easy button" drum some times then flip at other times.

At my current level, making potions the cheapest way possible (20xp pots), takes 6.5 million gold (1313 pots x 5k gold) and also requires 7,875 commons which I normally buy at 2.5k per frag. So I spend 131 fsp to go up a level the most cost efficient way possible (but not the fastest). If I wanted to speed it up and make 30xp pots, the cost sky rockets to 313 fsp and improves time by 33% (40xp pot improves time by 50% and costs 528 fsp). The suggestion is to do 1% instants at significantly cheaper then what it actually costs. Indeed an easy button.

Edited by yotwehc, 12 March 2015 - 16:45.

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 18:39

Sic em, Chewy.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#11 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:47

Too easy, keep the way it is.

But, some suggestions for new Events:

Composing Event 1: Double frags while breaking items.
Composing Event 2: Double XP while creating potions.

#12 peterzhou

peterzhou

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:19

Too easy, keep the way it is.

But, some suggestions for new Events:

Composing Event 1: Double frags while breaking items.
Composing Event 2: Double XP while creating potions.

LLuck230 + FI1150 + double frags would be catastrophic. Frags would plummet in price, and a great revenue stream would be suppressed for a few weeks/months as composers would stock up during the event. As nice as that sounds to a composer like me, it would make it a bit too easy.

Double XP, however, seems nice in moderation.

TL;DR: For me, No and Yes  :)

#13 CountFxUup

CountFxUup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:19

i was so excited when composing was in the works i couldnt wait to get started i made it to level 6 and have been there for ages lol i make a few pots every now and then but seems like my exp bar never moves i do the cheap way 20xp pots i have so many shards but no interest in it anymore be cool if we could sell or give away our shards we have collected even if its just transfering them to guild store for a guild mate to get id be content with that. seems silly we can farm gear and sell for shards but the gear we have broke down ourselves is forever locked.

#14 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:34

i was so excited when composing was in the works i couldnt wait to get started i made it to level 6 and have been there for ages lol i make a few pots every now and then but seems like my exp bar never moves i do the cheap way 20xp pots i have so many shards but no interest in it anymore be cool if we could sell or give away our shards we have collected even if its just transfering them to guild store for a guild mate to get id be content with that. seems silly we can farm gear and sell for shards but the gear we have broke down ourselves is forever locked.

That would be too easy to manipulate, players could create multi accounts to do Frag Globals and transfer to the main account.

The frag thing should stay how it's now.

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:18

Be cool if we could sell or give away our shards we have collected even if its just transfering them to guild store for a guild mate.

Far to abusable. Not happening, no.

I doubt we'd add an FSP means to boost Composing at this time.

#16 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 March 2015 - 00:01

how about Double or Triple Xp events for composing XP? I think the spirit of the post was a slightly quicker way to level up composing. Unless you have a ton of Gold / FSP on-hand its difficult to level up your composing quickly. a small boost would be appreciated, = )

10 FSP per 1% haha, that is 1000 FSP a level Luis. Get real.

Edited by Windbattle, 14 March 2015 - 00:02.

#17 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 00:56

how about Double or Triple Xp events for composing XP?

Umm no, absolutely not. Composing is one of the few activities in this game that requires time, effort and gold to accomplish with no "win" button available. It was designed to be a long term program. Some took the program and ran with it, other less so. I am no where near max composing level and while it would be advantageous for me to have a 2X or 3X composing event I am diametrically opposed to it as it diminishes the achievements of those that have spent massive amounts of gold and fragments getting to the higher composing levels.  Leave composing alone, it's working as it was intended, want a higher composing level, work for it.

• 3JS likes this

#18 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:10

how about Double or Triple Xp events for composing XP? I think the spirit of the post was a slightly quicker way to level up composing. Unless you have a ton of Gold / FSP on-hand its difficult to level up your composing quickly. a small boost would be appreciated, = )

10 FSP per 1% haha, that is 1000 FSP a level Luis. Get real.

To do the cheap 20xp route which costs 131 fsp and 11 days (assuming you can work 24/7) to gain a level where I am at. 30xp costs 313 fsp and 7.3 days. 40 xp pots costs 528 fsp and 5.5 days. 1,000 fsp for instant level? Sounds pretty real to me.

Edited by yotwehc, 14 March 2015 - 17:06.

• 3JS likes this

#19 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 19:45

60,000 fsp to Max composing out from the start. Wouldn't be surprised if we actually do spend this much in the long term, not to mention the time

#20 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:47

Umm no, absolutely not. Composing is one of the few activities in this game that requires time, effort and gold to accomplish with no "win" button available. It was designed to be a long term program. Some took the program and ran with it, other less so. I am no where near max composing level and while it would be advantageous for me to have a 2X or 3X composing event I am diametrically opposed to it as it diminishes the achievements of those that have spent massive amounts of gold and fragments getting to the higher composing levels.  Leave composing alone, it's working as it was intended, want a higher composing level, work for it.

You mean pay for it. Costs a considerable amount of gold / FSP to reach max level. Which 99% of the community doesn't have. Again, not advocating for a "win-button" to reach max level composing within a few months. I'm saying take off a few years for the average player. 

Also, a small XP bonus event would shave off a few days time at most for people. because there is still an exponentially high cost for rapid instant finishing. Yes ... some people would blow a lot of gold trying to take advantage of such an event .. but that is a good gold sink.

Edited by Windbattle, 17 March 2015 - 01:50.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: