107 replies to this topic

#21 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 19:21

Still luf you juvi :) everyones entitled their own opinon. I don't see myself getting back into the arena anywho because i don't think the obvious problems will be adressed. I used to play the arena for profit though because im greedy and now all you get is bragging rights. Still doesn't mean i don't want to see the arena as it is now...Slow...Broken...Dead... Not only that i don't think its right to have to *Fight* guildmates inorder to be involved in something thats not a guild activity.

Edited by Intimidation, 05 April 2015 - 19:34.

#22 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 April 2015 - 19:24

Still luf you juvi :) everyones entitled their own opinon.

to be fair, i dont disagree, the problem i see that ruins it for everyone is the speed, if not fixed then each 'group' will see their own concerns, you and they see theirs so u arent actually wrong :)

#23 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 19:28

Exactly, ultimately arena activity needs to be increased somehow. Wether it be through removing the 25% or making the arena more appealing. Although i think the most effective method would be doing both personally... Increased activity = 25% rule won't be an issue... Decreased activity = 25% doesn't work. That rule was put into effect when the game was *Popping* if you will haha, With 2000+ players and countless guilds. Now we have very few guilds and very few players. Sure cheating cheating cheating...It seems thats all i ever hear on the forums. If someone wants to cheat nothing is stopping them from getting together with friends outside of their guilds. So the argument stands right now as do nothing and watch the arena ruin itself or we open up and change things for the better.

Edited by Intimidation, 05 April 2015 - 19:33.

#24 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 19:44

I appreciate all the opinions .. but I hope HCS takes a look at who is actually playing arena vs commenting and weighing the 2 =)

#25 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 19:46

Everyones opinon is just as important...I'm not asking to change how the arena works on a 1v1 level...I'm just asking for increased activity SOMEHOW lol. The forum is filled with alot of negativelty and no creativity unfortunately so its hard to push ideas. I'm not nieve enough to say its my way or the highway like alot of people... I'm very open to change for the better. The one thing that no one can argue is that the arena is fine as it is. I guess you could but you would be saying the arena is fine being stagnant and inactive. I don't play the arena anymore but i know alot of people that do and all i hear is complaining about how "DAMN SLOW" it is. Who knows i might revisit the arena again if something changes, i bet i'm not the only one with that in the back of their mind.

Edited by Intimidation, 05 April 2015 - 19:51.

#26 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 19:51

Can you mention which arena champs? im #1 on arena list and hardly winning ... joining 40 tourney and winning 5 out of them

I'm in the top 5 Arena Champs I lose way more than I win.....the Arena isn't designed to be easy...it take a little brain work and dedication to be successful in it....if there is an Arena that is filled up by guildmates that's great! I will just move to another one...no big deal....I'm by far the lowest lvl player in the top 10...I don't whine about limited # of Arenas I can enter and I don't whine if my guildmates have filled them up....there are plenty of Arenas to enter that this really shouldn't be an issue.

#27 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 19:54

Okay good point but, do you agree that the arena is a solo activity and is designed to be one?

P.S. *This is a question for everyone involved in the discusion or that wants to be involved.*

Edited by Intimidation, 05 April 2015 - 20:01.

#28 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 20:03

.AND IF YOU WANT A FEW NEW ARENAS TO ENTER HELP KICK OFF OLD ONES...I'm mean really you can't sink 20K gold to start of an arena??? You may not go into it to win...but you have the chance to atleast scoop up a few tokens ;)

Edited by Brice, 05 April 2015 - 20:05.

#29 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 20:06

No i literally cannot sink any gold into the arena i am being restricted to join a solo activity due to the current system. No matter how much i want to i cannot  ;).

Okay good point but, do you agree that the arena is a solo activity and is designed to be one?

P.S. *This is a question for everyone involved in the discusion or that wants to be involved.*

Edited by Intimidation, 05 April 2015 - 20:05.

#30 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 20:06

Yes , so is leveling. I'm not sure the point .. Its an individual activity with a 25% per guild participation limit. 

#31 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 20:08

Yes , so is leveling. I'm not sure the point .. Its an individual activity with a 25% per guild participation limit. 

The point is at the end of the day its player 1 vs player 2...The amount of guildmates means NOTHING. The founding principles of the rule have good intentions yes...But its doing more harm than good i believe personally. Because there is 4-5 people from the same guilds does not give them an advantage.

Edited by Intimidation, 05 April 2015 - 20:10.

#32 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 20:09

No i literally cannot sink any gold into the arena i am being restricted to join a solo activity due to the current system. No matter how much i want to i cannot  ;).

You cant because Nago is the fastest draw in the west ....  like Sky-Net but not as evil =) lol 

#33 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 20:12

You cant because Nago is the fastest draw in the west ....  like Sky-Net but not as evil =) lol 

If i really wanted to i could be in every arena i want to i'm stupid active. But again back to my main point i don't believe i should have to *Fight* my guildmates my family...Maybe that's just me though. I don't want anyone else to have to either. If there was some sort of benefit to having guildmates in the same arena yes keep the restriction. But since there's not i don't see the point. Something else that i wouldn't be against would be keeping the restriction but increasing arena activity somehow. Yes i am anti-restriction but i'm willing to meet you guys half way. All that i ask is the same... You can't disagree that somethings not working with the arena. I believe the only way to solve it is increased activity wether it be through removing the restriction or something else. In the end i'm happy whichever one it is. Increasing activity is a win win for all of us. I am more bias towards removing the restriction ofcourse but i want to see something rather than nothing.

Edited by Intimidation, 05 April 2015 - 20:25.

#34 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 20:26

Sorry Epic but this is dumb .. =) Im out to play arena ..later gator :)

#35 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 20:27

Sorry Epic but this is dumb .. =) Im out to play arena ..later gator :)

I would say i would join you but  :wacko:.

#36 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 23:25

Arena has slowed down because normal players don't win enough.  If you want players to play then arena champs have to back out of some of the arenas and let others win.  No one is going to keep throwing gold away for nothing or very little. 

The arena is a product of the success of some...

Keep the limit on guild mate allowed to join an arena battle or we will go back to players cheating

OK, so after many many years of NOT playing arena, i started again.  YES, you can all see that im in a guild with one of the TOP FIVE players.  there are also a few others in our guild who play.  SO, with that said the first part of your posting is not correct.  I only had 100 wins when i started back up.  ARENA is challenging and takes time, studying, watching and waiting.  LIKE playing the PVP ladder.  My wins (im proud to say) have been against some champs!!  

now i AGREE with your SECOND part of keeping the 25% RULE. HERE is why.......myself and one other can join an 8 person arena, i cannot manipulate it.  what does manipulating it do??  well, i and my guildies can SPEED UP putting BRICE in the number one position on top rated ARENA list by all joining the same arena with crap gear n crap moves fixing it so he can win.  OR me, putting ME in top position....with none of the studying, watching, learning that the top players have done.

I lead a small guild, we get around this by all taking certain ranges, with some overlapping, SO it is not the 25% rule that is keeping the arenas from getting filled, its the lack of interest to the arena .  I say BRING BACK THE GOLD ARENAs  :P

#37 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 00:27

OK, so after many many years of NOT playing arena, i started again.  YES, you can all see that im in a guild with one of the TOP FIVE players.  there are also a few others in our guild who play.  SO, with that said the first part of your posting is not correct.  I only had 100 wins when i started back up.  ARENA is challenging and takes time, studying, watching and waiting.  LIKE playing the PVP ladder.  My wins (im proud to say) have been against some champs!!  

now i AGREE with your SECOND part of keeping the 25% RULE. HERE is why.......myself and one other can join an 8 person arena, i cannot manipulate it.  what does manipulating it do??  well, i and my guildies can SPEED UP putting BRICE in the number one position on top rated ARENA list by all joining the same arena with crap gear n crap moves fixing it so he can win.  OR me, putting ME in top position....with none of the studying, watching, learning that the top players have done.

I lead a small guild, we get around this by all taking certain ranges, with some overlapping, SO it is not the 25% rule that is keeping the arenas from getting filled, its the lack of interest to the arena .  I say BRING BACK THE GOLD ARENAs  :P

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day  ..  well said!

#38 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:08

thank you BLOODY...oh and one final suggestion to really get arena possibly going...HOW BOUT....adding gold tournaments, BUT you need arena tokens to enter??? so, those that love gold arenas will have to get TOKENS, filling up THOSE arenas, to be able to WIN GOLD to sink into other aspects of the GAME??????

#39 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:09

How about we give this rule a test? 

So many of you claim that if this rule were taken down, people would "manipulate" the arenas to boost their buddies to get some wins.

Some of you say that if it were taken down, the arena would flourish all those that kept getting blocked by the 25% rule in their guilds.

Let's test out these theories by taking down the rule. If the arena becomes "manipulated" and people are trying to boost their friends' wins, then put the rule back up. If the arena flourishes with new people coming back to the arena, let's keep it down.

#40 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:51

what this really boils down to is self control ...  and not wanting rules! =)

oie_tbT2hKUpLRfg_zps8wnmdhrh.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: