Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:31

I love this update every aspect of it

#102 bglo

bglo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:38

Love that you guys are working on removing scripting from titan hunting. As for the bounty board stuff, i agree all hits on the ladder should be kept off the bounty board but bounty hunters should still have to face the risk of counter-bounties. Some have suggested adding extra awards and what not to the bounty board system, i think if anything like this gets implemented there should be random rewards added to random bounties and only given to the winner. this would promote nearly every bounty being taken by multiple people and making the race to be the first to complete the bounty exciting again. 

#103 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:45

had a couple of halts while hunting the tornado with the script warning due to speed.. i'm on a 8+ year old toaster running sub-par interwebs. how am i going too fast? lol it was happening while scrolling through my tumblr dashboard during long walks so i know i was slowing myself down..

#104 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:07

About time we take away the advantage that "pvp" bully guilds have over the rest of the game, great update
(the 1900 ladder is a joke)

#105 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:10

I'm not on the ladder.  I don't PvP.  I DO bounty

Now that I've got that off my chest, I do like the idea of a bounty not expiring.  If I put a bounty on X, because he wantonly attacked me, I don't want it to expire.  I want X, at some point in time, to get hit.  If various guilds feel this is going to cause them to waste stamina by buffing X in perpetuity, that's no different from me having to buy PvP protection.  Just part of the game.

As for who can be bountied when, and for what, I'll leave to greater minds then mine.  It does strike me though, that if you're on the ladder, you have to accept being hit as an occupational hazard. 

And for Titan hunting:  If it makes for a more level playing field, I'm for it.  Even if it only helps a little.

It may be a tad off topic, but since it was brought up previously....If the game can revive GvG, you may be on the way to fixing, or at least helping PvP and the Bounty Board.  As I have pointed out before, GvG is a safe and relatively painless way to get introduced to PvP.  I don't mean to have this discussed here, but a new topic, and some thoughtful brainstorming could probably work wonders. 

#106 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:19

Just sharing my thoughts constructively.

These updates are awesome:

1. Titan
  2. PvP ladder

As for "bounty hunters cannot be bountied" is not fair when you are being deleveled.

To support the idea of "bounty hunters cannot be bountied", will this work:

1. The bounty hunter that completed the bounty cannot be bountied.
  2. The rest of bounty hunters can be bountied.

Edited by beg2lose, 27 March 2014 - 02:21.

#107 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:25

I like the idea of stopping cheaters in titan hunting. I do support the idea those opting into pvp ladder should not be able to put bounties on bb.  I like the idea bounties do not expire until they are done is good idea. The bounty hunters being put on bounty board. I have done my share being on bb.  So if you take a bounty whether you did 10 or a 100 stamina hits I think in my opinion this option should stay as a risk factor the counter bounty.  I do think the option of expanding more than 5 levels lost should be considered. The reason I think we should expand this is the smashing medal.   If you take away the pvp ladder there needs to be options to keep the bb busy.  I do miss way back when bb had several pages of bounties.   I am enjoying reading suggestions and hope more will respond in how to get the bb active again. I hope hcs will consider expanding the idea the ability to lose more levels and keep the risk factor going for those taking the bounties.  Thanks for letting me post my few cents here.  :)

Edited by bigchaos, 27 March 2014 - 02:26.

#108 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:31

Everyone should try bounty hunting, is not that bad, really, I NEVER got bountyed for doing 10stam clears, doesn`t matter if those guys are hardcore PvPers or just levellers.

It's very rare someone having problems with that

As 'rare' as it is, I was deleveled the first day that the smasher medal was released after attempting to 10 stam a bounty. I avoided the BB for over a year after that one instance. Then I had it happen to me again recently. I do not think there is justification to lose 5 levels just for clearing a bounty with 10 stamina hits. Most people that have posted here agree with that at the very least.

#109 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:37

You still remembering that y0da's case everytime?
We explained the reason was not only the bounty about to expire, but the trash talk. Happened only one time, and we had 2 bounties on him, and done a delevel only on one, the second one was not even placed.
-
The answer for that kind of (as you say) "abuse" is to make impossible to place a bounty on the B Hunter?
How anyone will be placed on BB at first place? Only for those who do gold hits?
GvG = not bountyable
BB hits = ?not bountyable?
Ladder hits = ?not bountyable?

That will make the BB completelly DEAD. 

Not trying to bring this up again, but I must correct your statement.

1.The trash talk happened AFTER the threat that was made to me, so as a response.

2. Two bounties WERE placed, but the first one was cleared by a friend. The SECOND one was the unwarranted delevel party.

Please get your facts straight before posting. Thank you.

#110 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:47

The plan to 'update' the BB is the worst idea I've ever read in the 6 years I've played this game! If it ain't broke, don't fix it... If players want to try the PvP mechanics of the game, go start a GvG.

Even the plan to ditch bountys on the ladder is terrible. Players that excersise this tactic end up being labeled 'dirty' players and get sorted in the end. Players that PvP can take care of themselves.

The recently added expiration of bounties is fantastic. It rewards a bountyed player for staying on the BB for 48 hrs, something that isn't easy. It adds a new dynamic. Leave it alone please.

Plenty of concessions have already been seen to how bountys are handled, multiple bounties for each hit for example. Bountying and dropping a player used to trigger another possible bounty if they continued trying to swing. This can't be done anymore. We are now limited to deleveling a player to 5 levels. It's been like this for a long time but still a concession.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#111 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:53

One idea that could be a median ground, and keep things interesting:

The bounty hunter can lose no more than 1/2 the XP he has taken from hitting the original player (although you would have to make it relative to that players level), upon his counter bounty.

During the counter bounty, all players hitting that counter-bountied character only cause 1/3 XP reduction, ie a 99 stamina hit, would only cause 33 stamina worth of XP loss. This would require more stamina used to make the person lose the same amount of XP as the original person, and prevent character losing 5 levels when then can only take 1-1.5 (or whatever 10 100 stamina hits is).

Any additional counter-counter-(counter)-bounties would all apply to the original rules of the first counter bountied character

Edited by Placeboo, 27 March 2014 - 02:57.

#112 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:03

I like most of the ideas here but one I did~nt see brought up is>>>> Why does the attacker not lose xp if he loses on a bounty hit. Talking about an exploit and an Easy medal. I think that it is useless now to even defend a bounty as any 100 level can join in any 1000 level bounty and just lose a little stamina.

#113 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:42

Not trying to bring this up again, but I must correct your statement.

1.The trash talk happened AFTER the threat that was made to me, so as a response.

2. Two bounties WERE placed, but the first one was cleared by a friend. The SECOND one was the unwarranted delevel party.

Please get your facts straight before posting. Thank you.

Sorry, my mistake.
But you need to agree that is not normal to happen, that case was a special one (don't need to say who was right or wrong, talking about the system now).

My idea is to make like this:
- 10stam clear and FINISH the bounty = no possible to counter bounty.
- 10+stam hits = can be bountied.
- 10stam and do not finish = can be bountied.

About the expiration:
48 hours as it is.
If you want to make the bounty staying for more than 48 hours, you'll need to pay 1-2FSPs for each 12hours you want to add to the duration.

#114 RageAnger

RageAnger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:01

As for the other updates I don't really care much about the first ones the ladder one is ok because you should be there to fight not throw away money on the bounty board, it makes me angry that it is even brought up to have bounty hits not bountyable. At first I thought it just meant that when you accept a bounty and you don't swing that you can't be bountied like it used to be which is fine enough because what do I care if people want to accept a bounty just to throw money away, no one gets hurt from that. Do not make bounty attacks not bountyable, the idea is just ridiculous to put it nicely. I don't even feel any need to explain it, and for the love of FS get rid of deflect all it is is a waste of time, something to make non pvpers feel good about because they can't defend properly, it hurts gold hunters (which helps to kill the bounty board) and it's a pvp deterrent.

#115 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:05

I like it all! Great updates!

#116 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:07

;) I agree on the sugggestions for the update here would like to add to limit the number of players in the same guild to get on the same ladder range just as you do in arena

#117 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:17

There are a few things I'd like to see tweeked. I've always believed a small amount of xp should be gained from PvP, even bounty hunting. It's experience after all! It doesn't have to be much. Just enough to make bounty hunting a little more attractive.

I'd also like to see minimum rewards raised. There are too many players looking for automatic punishment. The new expiration system helps offset the fact that if you don't put a large enough bounty, it may expire.

Also, the all or none Prestige usage needs adjusting. You should be able to use Prestige in 500-2000 pt increments. I'd even like to be able to cast it on other players. I've earned it. There are many safeguards in place to prevent abuse. There are already insane uber xp pots regularly dispersed in the game. Why is PvP continually treated like the red headed step-child? The possible direction this game could be headed shocks me!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#118 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:27

+1 to make possible to determine how much prestige you want to use.

#119 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:52

About the Game

Join thousands of other adventurers in this constantly evolving web-based massively multiplayer role-playing game set in the fantasy world of Erildath. Along your travels you will encounter fellow players who you can engage in battle against. You may also band together to create a guild, or join one of the many that already exist! With your allies you may partake in guild conflicts or hunt some of the many powerful monsters found across the world.

Features Over a thousand levels worth of content, realms and creatures.
  • State of the art HTML5 canvas game play.
  • A vast array of skills and abilities for your character.
  • Thousands of items and quests to collect.
  • Free to play with no downloads.
  • Trading and auction systems.
  • Variety of exciting community events.
  • Weekly updates and improvements.
  • An active and dynamic community of thousands of other players.

Funny...  No were in this game description does it state this is a pvp game!!  It merely states there are many different aspects for the in-game play. We all have our own reasons and things we enjoy about the game.  Some GVG, some PVP, some hunting Elites and Titans, Some who just like playing to meet new friends.

We already have 3 forms of PVP protection that can be bought if you do not like to PVP. 

First, we have made a new update to the code for Titan Hunting. This activates in a Realm where a Titan is spawned and will allow us to better track and stop scripting.  Has been needed for way to long.  If they are truly that good then why are they afraid of a level playing field?? 

Second, we are looking to update the Bounty Board sometime next week with the following : PvP Ladder hits will no longer be bounty-able and Bounties will no longer expire.  PVP hits should be allowed with no bounty.  As you opt in or out of this aspect of the game.     If you pay for a service ( to place a bounty, then it should not expire, there is an aspect called "services rendered"  :)

Furthermore, we are thinking that anyone who takes a bounty cannot be bountied for taking it. This would mean being a Bounty Hunter would no longer be more damaging to the Hunter, making it a viable part of the game again. However, we would like constructive feedback regarding this.  Bad call on this one,  If you elect to take the bounty then you are subject to repercussion.  Now there used to be some logic or Honor code that if cleared with 10 stam hits you were good in most players books, there were those who would still bounty the Hunter, they were added to a list and smashed harder any future time on the bounty board.

GVG, is another aspect that has fallen to the way side,  It is harder and harder to find target guilds to play with.  We have way to many Inactive guilds or dead guilds that show on the A to Z list,  can we fix this or have a filter  built to search for guilds we can fight.  Prime example, if i have a 7 player GVG team, let me place their levels in the filters, then click submit, search, find..  what ever you want to call it button. And have it search for guilds the way it does for pvp targets.

Another option to fix this would be for small guilds to merge, With the founders each retaining ownership of their former guilds gear.  The Merging guild founder then has no rights to new gear purshased for the larger guild, unless they become the Founder. ( but still has rights to his gear he brought with them in the merger)

I personally feel this last idea would help promote the game in a better fashion than thousands of small struggling guilds, that try to recruit new players, that play then quit, as they are pawned upon by more well founded and well funded guilds.

Cheers to those of you who still play the game.   And thanks to all who have provided constructive feedback,  not crying or whining feedback.

An old saying I grew up with in the service. "It is fine to complain about things, as long as you provide feedback and or thoughts and ideas on how to improve it, make it better, or benefit the group as a whole"

I highlighted the pvp mention in the OP. so yes, it does say it has a pvp aspect to it. but the rest of your post is pretty solid.

#120 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:58

To make sure that NO ladder hit and NO bounty hit can be (counter-)bountied is a bad idea. As someone else noted in this thread (forgot the name) that means that essentially no PvP smasher medal hit can be bountied.

What might be possible is to exclude SOME ladder and bounty hits.

My suggestion:

2) A PvP ladder hit on equal grounds (roughly the same PvP rating, e.g. +/- 100?) might be excluded (although I'm not in favor of that). But if a player with a PvP rating of, say, 1200 continues to hit a player with rating 800 at 100 stam although this does not make much difference for the ladder (farming for the smasher medal?), in this case the player that is hit should be entitled to place a bounty. I wouldn't do so (why opt in if I can't accept taking the damage?).

Granted sometimes the player with the really low rating on the Ladder has had bad luck and can't get through deflect, but generally when you see someone with a really low rating on the Ladder it's because they are just sitting there for a free PvP Token Ride and there are no free rides in life, so THEY chose to opt into the ladder - if they choose that they should either stand up and fight and improve their PvP skills if that's part of the problem or be a rug and get beaten.

To me that's simple sportsmanship.  

Compare it to a football game.  If one team shows up and makes goal after goal after goal, while the other team just sits down on the field then why should the team that's actually playing coddle them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: