255 replies to this topic

#121 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:18

If you cant bounty ladder hits they shouldn't take xp either.

As for making hunters immune from bounties: HECK NO!!! Part of being a bounty hunter is dealing with counter bounties. That's part of the fun, and brings friends and community closer together.

If you want to fix the bounty board, make PvP a more desirable part of the game. Make this a pvp game again.

#122 egsix195

egsix195

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:46

+1 to above

pvp is part of game

and we love it <3

#123 Tharsonius

Tharsonius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:48

Granted sometimes the player with the really low rating on the Ladder has had bad luck and can't get through deflect, but generally when you see someone with a really low rating on the Ladder it's because they are just sitting there for a free PvP Token Ride and there are no free rides in life, so THEY chose to opt into the ladder - if they choose that they should either stand up and fight and improve their PvP skills if that's part of the problem or be a rug and get beaten.

To me that's simple sportsmanship.  

Compare it to a football game.  If one team shows up and makes goal after goal after goal, while the other team just sits down on the field then why should the team that's actually playing coddle them?

Good point, I hadn't thought about this; maybe because I opt in if I want the fight ... and I often end up being badly beaten because I don't have a guild that can provide me with tons of great buffs (so I end up with a low PvP rating but I'm not only there to farm tokens, I hit back whenever I can despite my limited buffs) ... and because I prefer to make it on on my own or get beaten ... after all it's a game, too many people take it too seriously and think a game is fun only if they win it ...

#124 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:50

The more aspects of PvP & BH are changed, the lower the active online number seems to get.  I say do what you feel is best in the end - but give us a solid month before implementing as some of us may want to go out with a blast - in memory of better days so far removed in retrospect -and I thought progress was starting to be made, but see now how wrong I was.

Change the ladder to no bounties - doesn't matter - may as well call it the live arena & remove the exp loss also - what is the point of potentially upsetting so many with any sort of negative implications.  joy

Didn't see the bounty board proposed change on the roadmap.....perhaps you should tag it onto the end so some of us may be able to see other improvements made to game before you put the last nail in the coffin.  That stone schedule was indeed supposed to be set right -community decided?  And you want to jump to bounty board as it appears to you as more pressing then all of the other scheduled changes.  I'd really like to exp some of the other aspects after they are fixed before you chase me off.   Thanks..really - had fun for a long time -all good things have a beginning and an end I guess

#125 Tharsonius

Tharsonius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:51

* sorry for the double post *

Edited by Tharsonius, 27 March 2014 - 10:53.

#126 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:00

A suggestion for a BB update is to stop deflect from activating on bounties. This is the most frustrating aspect of the BB.

The bounty will be finished at some point - it just delays the inevitable. I have had 11 deflects on one bounty once which made me late for an appointment. I thought maybe 3 or 4 would be fine, but if I had left part way through a 10 stam clear, then I get countered.

Bountying the bounty hunter is fine in my opinion too. I have done plenty of 10 stam clears and 99% of the time players thank a 10 stam clearer for the clear. If you do get posted then you will end up with a 10 stam clear anyway so thats no biggie either.

Deflect is fine on the ladder and direct PVP attacks.

#127 Altiger

Altiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:47

sorry for my bad english as its not my first language !

i like the titan change and the ladder change

as for the bounty hunting:

problem is if we change one thing it will effect another ... we need a simple change that will increase pvp and encourage bounty hunting

simplest thing that cross my mind:

- no retailiation for any 10 stam hit, pvp or bounty hunting. this will result in incresed pvp and no counter bounty's except for delevelers and 100 stam medal seekers.

OR

- when posting a bounty ,,, bounty stamina usage limit has to be enforced and it should be eqaul to highest stamina used by attacker that has not been bountied yet.

OR

- have two modes for bounty hunting,,, non retaliatable that has default stam set to 10 and can't be changed... and another choice that allows the attacker to set the stamina he likes but this choice is bountable.

allot of idea's cross my mind that can be helpful,,, we just need to create a list and vote

#128 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:59

First about titans there always will be trouble about players with insane speed ...

Second nice update on ladder being un-bountyable and remove expiring from bounties

Thanks for updates

#129 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:59

the winner, if they used 10 stamina attacks, should not be able to be placed on the bounty board.. all others should be open for a bounty like how they are now..

That does seem to be the overwhelming opinion. 100 stam hits bounty-able, 10 stam hits, non bounty-able. Sounds reasonable to me!

I don't get how hcs is thinking on this subject.

It's called listening to what the Community has been saying for a while and asking for feedback specific to that change, as we were unsure. It's always a bit better to ask first than simply do.

How about getting ride of the tickets part of it. 

Nope. Tickets can be bought with gold and are a viable gold sink.

Bounties should not expire, at least not unless they have been up for a silly amount of time like 10 days+ the main thing that put me off bounty hunting was getting abuse from people after clearing them with 10 stams because they were counting on their bounty being left to expire. It seems a fairly pointless system if posted players can get on and off the board with no loss, especially when that seems to have become the most commonly expected outcome.

Our thoughts exactly.

Someone that donates heavily created a big stink.

That is utter nonsense. I'll thank you to keep your baseless conspiracy theories off the forums.

I hope the cows read some of these comments before implementing the PROPOSED changes.

Well, that IS what this thread is for, right?

#130 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:14

Bounties should not expire, at least not unless they have been up for a silly amount of time like 10 days+ the main thing that put me off bounty hunting was getting abuse from people after clearing them with 10 stams because they were counting on their bounty being left to expire. It seems a fairly pointless system if posted players can get on and off the board with no loss, especially when that seems to have become the most commonly expected outcome.

If a player is posted on bounty board - they will minimally lose 2x the exp (20% of a level) of that of the victim - even if they are 10 stam cleared.  How is that viewed by many as non punishment?  The player is subject to lose up to 500% of that of the victims losses potentially. 

#131 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:19

sorry for my bad english as its not my first language !

i like the titan change and the ladder change

as for the bounty hunting:

problem is if we change one thing it will effect another ... we need a simple change that will increase pvp and encourage bounty hunting

simplest thing that cross my mind:

- no retailiation for any 10 stam hit, pvp or bounty hunting. this will result in incresed pvp and no counter bounty's except for delevelers and 100 stam medal seekers.

OR

- when posting a bounty ,,, bounty stamina usage limit has to be enforced and it should be eqaul to highest stamina used by attacker that has not been bountied yet.

OR

- have two modes for bounty hunting,,, non retaliatable that has default stam set to 10 and can't be changed... and another choice that allows the attacker to set the stamina he likes but this choice is bountable.

allot of idea's cross my mind that can be helpful,,, we just need to create a list and vote

I can't say I'm thrilled with the idea of not being able to bounty a 10 stam hit.  FS is the sum of it's parts, and if PvP (and 10 stam hits, like it was in "the good old days", is part of it, so is not participating in PvP.  If I get hit I want the option to have the other fellow beaten to a pulp too.

An idea that hasn't been presented is to make PvP a "gear only" contest.  Buffs of any kind wouldn't apply, (not removed) when you decide to tackle the fellow who has ten million gold on him.  Of course his buffs wouldn't be in effect either.  I know, radical and heretical thinking, but hey!  It means that Deflect wouldn't be a problem anymore either ;)

#132 Glaucous

Glaucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:26

Uhhh..dislike? if some one 100 stams my bounty for no reason then yeah im going to counter bounty. if you want to continue destroying pvp one little bit at a time then yeah go for it get rid of counter bountys. just go back to one bounty every 24 hours from said person no matter how many hits. that was fun. and the bounty board was full. sure make it so people cant bounty ladder hits...tho i never minded that bit. just dont get rid of my ability to counter bounty.

#133 RageAnger

RageAnger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:26

That does seem to be the overwhelming opinion. 100 stam hits bounty-able, 10 stam hits, non bounty-able. Sounds reasonable to me!

I've never been bountied for a 10 stam clear ever. It's not even necessary to adress it. I think it just makes it easier later to remove all counter bounties later.

You should be looking to make the bounty board more alive not kill it.

Edited by RageAnger, 27 March 2014 - 12:27.

#134 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:42

I've never been bountied for a 10 stam clear ever. It's not even necessary to adress it. I think it just makes it easier later to remove all counter bounties later.

You should be looking to make the bounty board more alive not kill it.

Imagine if the proposed change were to go through...who would the bounty hunters be clearing?  Intentional level droppers ;)  The year is 2025....YES!!!! Finally my Diamond bounty master medal Woot!!!

Edited by Ryebred, 27 March 2014 - 12:44.

#135 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:44

Want to add element of punishment - once a player is over 5 levels down - warp them instantly to Krul Island so levels cannot be easily recovered from VL realm map

Edited by Ryebred, 27 March 2014 - 12:47.

#136 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:51

Like all Except the Counter Bounty. 100 stams should be a forsure YES .. 10 Stams. could go either way.. wouldnt bother me any.

#137 RageAnger

RageAnger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:14

BigGrim, on 27 Mar 2014 - 07:59, said:snapback.png

This is how I counted thew votes in regards to bounty changes:

Dont allow any counter bounties at all - 35
Do allow counter bounties - 11
Don't allow counter bounties for 10 stam attacks.  (Most of these people said only for the person that gets the clear).  - 19
If they accept and don't hit at all don't allow a counter bounty - 1

Selective reading? More then half the votes said don't allow counter bounties

#138 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:17

I usually have an optimistic view on things, but unfortunately, I cannot put one on the outlook that Grim has taken on this. 

The bounty board, in most ways, is a self-policing part of the game in terms of bounty hunters being bountied. Outside of the idea that bounties are to expire and someone is dropped 5 (which has happened even when there are 12+ hours left on bounties that I've seen). If you remove the expiration from the bounties, then it will go back to the olden days where usually if you clear with 10 stams, then you won't get bountied, unless you've made enemies (and they're looking for bounties on you). Outside of expiring bounties, if you clear someone with 10 stams and get bountied, then you make sure to throw 100s next time - it's not difficult and it gets the message across. There is no reason to adjust the community roadmap for this proposition on a part of the game that is dead because of lack of activity on the PVP side rather than "bounty hunters crying foul". 

As this is not on the roadmap, and you've made it very clear "we are sticking to the roadmap. if it's not on there, it won't get listened to." - then please stick to the roadmap and put this on the end if that's the case. Put this one in the pocket and let it be voted on next time.

#139 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:29

BigGrim,

Let's keep it simple about the bounty board.

The person that completed the bounty, regardless of stamina used per hit, cannot be bountied.  That's the reward for being an awesome bounty hunter.

Everyone else can be bountied.  That's the incentive to become a better bounty hunter.

If a bounty hunter that used 10 stam per hit cannot be bountied, then they can just stop at 9 hits or hit for pvpv prestige.

Edited by beg2lose, 27 March 2014 - 13:31.

#140 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:40

BigGrim,

Let's keep it simple about the bounty board.

The person that completed the bounty, regardless of stamina used per hit, cannot be bountied.  That's the reward for being an awesome bounty hunter.

Everyone else can be bountied.  That's the incentive to become a better bounty hunter.

If a bounty hunter that used 10 stam per hit cannot be bountied, then they can just stop at 9 hits or hit for pvpv prestige.

I'm just not sure why the bounty hunter is this "untouchable" force in terms of clearing with 10 stams.

While I don't like using real life examples - bounty hunters in real life can still get arrested can they not? They can still break the law, get caught breaking the law, and even get arrested after they catch a person that a bounty is on. This is the same exact situation here - you can still get "punished" for clearing with 10 stams, 100 stams, 11 stams, etc. 

What's to say that someone starts a bounty on someone (ie lowers the xxx50) starting item. Gets to 9 clears, knows no one else is on it, waits a few hours to hit the 10th hit after they see someone else trying to clear it? Should they get off clean without being bountied? No, but if that's how Grim wants it, that's how it will be. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: