74 replies to this topic

#61 stormfury3

stormfury3

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:15

oh and Thank you darkarchon!!!the first post in this topic that wasn't meant to offend me

not one of my posts was meant to offend you in any way...

Just to add to this.
(I'm very surprised I didn't see darkarchon say the same thing(or why he didn't even add to this thread))

The first thing I want to point out is the difference between these so called 'text slapped' images, and 'creating art'.

'Text slapping' as we call it is mostly just taking an image and throwing text on it, you may crop it, you may even change the color of the image or parts of the image. In this there is really no work/alteration done to the image. This is just not accepted. Why? 'Text slapping' is using someone else's work, without alteration. This is 'Copyright infringement' and illegal. Any artist or aspiring artist worth their weight in salt won't stand for this. How would you feel if someone else took a piece you worked on and tossed a name on it and called it theirs. This is why it isn't tolerated.

SO I am really just reiterating what you said Oko. 8)

NO your really just copy & paste what da posted in the [FAQ] for newbies to graphics... sticky

#62 Haloartist

Haloartist

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 13:19

oh and Thank you darkarchon!!!the first post in this topic that wasn't meant to offend me

not one of my posts was meant to offend you in any way...

Just to add to this.
(I'm very surprised I didn't see darkarchon say the same thing(or why he didn't even add to this thread))

The first thing I want to point out is the difference between these so called 'text slapped' images, and 'creating art'.

'Text slapping' as we call it is mostly just taking an image and throwing text on it, you may crop it, you may even change the color of the image or parts of the image. In this there is really no work/alteration done to the image. This is just not accepted. Why? 'Text slapping' is using someone else's work, without alteration. This is 'Copyright infringement' and illegal. Any artist or aspiring artist worth their weight in salt won't stand for this. How would you feel if someone else took a piece you worked on and tossed a name on it and called it theirs. This is why it isn't tolerated.

SO I am really just reiterating what you said Oko. 8)

NO your really just copy & paste what da posted in the [FAQ] for newbies to graphics... sticky

I know what I did... you don't have to tell me.. :|

NoMoreNovocaine.png

#63 fs_80gdan

fs_80gdan
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2010 - 14:10

off topic o.0

#64 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 July 2010 - 16:05

off topic o.0

Most of this post has been offtopic. I have read through it and have seen some hot heads go at it and a couple of people give you real advice. I personally believe before you post a shop you should have an obligation to read the stickies so this doesn't go this way.

I do not make avi's but, I have followed the graphic's thread for a long time and spend way to much on the graphic's here. I suggest you take the constructive advice that was given to you and follow it. You can make a lot of fsp (and some pretty good friends here) if you do.

#65 fs_80gdan

fs_80gdan
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2010 - 16:37

ok...

i made some new sigs:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
EDIT:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

if anyone's interested

#66 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 16:40

To get you started I'll put 1 FSP on 6.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#67 fs_abogado

fs_abogado
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2010 - 16:51

dan dont use fractals/c4ds as ur background, they are meant to be used as effects to a sig, not the foundation. i think #1 is the best sig above because of the simplicity of it. It is soft and has a good flow (although it looks like it has less than 5 layers :P)

The others just look messy.

#68 fs_80gdan

fs_80gdan
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2010 - 16:59

To get you started I'll put 1 FSP on 6.

thanks a lot :)

dan dont use fractals/c4ds as ur background, they are meant to be used as effects to a sig, not the foundation. i think #1 is the best sig above because of the simplicity of it. It is soft and has a good flow (although it looks like it has less than 5 layers :P)

understood :)(i don't think the first one has more than 5 layers either
oh and number 5,8,9,10 are not made with c4ds even if it seems that way :) i got some beautiful brushes and just try them :)

#69 Haloartist

Haloartist

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 17:23

Just some friendly advice, you might want to open a new shop since this one was kinda hijacked. :wink:

Oh and if you want to hold an auction then start a new thread. :)

NoMoreNovocaine.png

#70 fs_80gdan

fs_80gdan
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2010 - 17:29

Ok :) i'll do that

#71 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2010 - 00:10

I ran into this thread a day or so ago, and was just appalled at the behavior displayed here. There is a thread about victimization in the graphics thread. Seeing it now, I see Oko already covered most of what I wanted to say though.

80gdan, your work looks similar to stuff that I first created when I first started experimenting with making avatars and finding renders given my brief background with a class in Photoshop during high school. It is nice to see you have a thing for art. That said, if you really enjoy art, you've got much more potential then you are using up right now; and you might wanna take a few things I have to say in consideration.

First off, if you wanna have a successful shop around here, you gotta be willing to make some friends and let people know who you are. I find the best way to do this is to offer 3-5 free avatars at a first come, first serve basis; limiting to 1 per person. You can add that if the person wants they can optionally pay you, and that you'd appreciate it if they put a little statement in their biography in game saying you made their avatar; but note that this would all be optional, that the avatars are just your way of getting your foot into the community door and your name out there. It also gives you a lot of PR which will go a long way. I essentially boosted my fs avatar career off of a handful of players who liked my avatars and attitude enough to constantly come after me.

In terms of advice and or tutorials, I get that this thread started off in a very bad, demeaning tone, and only progressed in a negitive direction from there; but keep in mind, regardless of whether you have any experience doing what you do or not, everyone still can learn new tricks. Personally, I always try to look up new tutorials, because compared to some great artists in history and artists I know currently, both in real life and online, I think I suck. But that is just my opinion.

I know this post is getting long, and I can only hope you've been reading it and will continue to read the last few things I want to say here. Since I've already dragged this out long enough, I highly recommend you check out this thread [http://forum.fallens...hp?f=21&t=59751] which is a compilation on the basics of everything you'd need to or should want to know before marketing yourself out there along with this tutorial [http://fc01.devianta...TheInterest.png].

Anyways, like I said, I hope you take this message into consideration, and good luck with all of your future interactions within the game, the forum, and general web graphics,
Xel.

Yeah, I felt a little sick reading all the 'famous artists' slam this new guy down, and then keep slamming him down while trying to play some kind of victim as he was responding.. (I saw this thread because I sometimes check the summon mod thread to see if I've gotten into trouble.)

Some of you people need to seriously have a re-read through this thread, take a look in the mirror and then climb down off that high horse you seem to have used that pole stuck up your 'you know where' to climb onto.

And you neil, I would have expected better behaviour from you given who your ingame founder is, clearly she needs to teach you her kind of manners a little better.

Sickening.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#72 neil7887

neil7887

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:04

I ran into this thread a day or so ago, and was just appalled at the behavior displayed here. There is a thread about victimization in the graphics thread. Seeing it now, I see Oko already covered most of what I wanted to say though.

80gdan, your work looks similar to stuff that I first created when I first started experimenting with making avatars and finding renders given my brief background with a class in Photoshop during high school. It is nice to see you have a thing for art. That said, if you really enjoy art, you've got much more potential then you are using up right now; and you might wanna take a few things I have to say in consideration.

First off, if you wanna have a successful shop around here, you gotta be willing to make some friends and let people know who you are. I find the best way to do this is to offer 3-5 free avatars at a first come, first serve basis; limiting to 1 per person. You can add that if the person wants they can optionally pay you, and that you'd appreciate it if they put a little statement in their biography in game saying you made their avatar; but note that this would all be optional, that the avatars are just your way of getting your foot into the community door and your name out there. It also gives you a lot of PR which will go a long way. I essentially boosted my fs avatar career off of a handful of players who liked my avatars and attitude enough to constantly come after me.

In terms of advice and or tutorials, I get that this thread started off in a very bad, demeaning tone, and only progressed in a negitive direction from there; but keep in mind, regardless of whether you have any experience doing what you do or not, everyone still can learn new tricks. Personally, I always try to look up new tutorials, because compared to some great artists in history and artists I know currently, both in real life and online, I think I suck. But that is just my opinion.

I know this post is getting long, and I can only hope you've been reading it and will continue to read the last few things I want to say here. Since I've already dragged this out long enough, I highly recommend you check out this thread [http://forum.fallens...hp?f=21&t=59751] which is a compilation on the basics of everything you'd need to or should want to know before marketing yourself out there along with this tutorial [http://fc01.devianta...TheInterest.png].

Anyways, like I said, I hope you take this message into consideration, and good luck with all of your future interactions within the game, the forum, and general web graphics,
Xel.

Yeah, I felt a little sick reading all the 'famous artists' slam this new guy down, and then keep slamming him down while trying to play some kind of victim as he was responding.. (I saw this thread because I sometimes check the summon mod thread to see if I've gotten into trouble.)

Some of you people need to seriously have a re-read through this thread, take a look in the mirror and then climb down off that high horse you seem to have used that pole stuck up your 'you know where' to climb onto.

And you neil, I would have expected better behaviour from you given who your ingame founder is, clearly she needs to teach you her kind of manners a little better.

Sickening.

I admit I should have been a bit nicer, and for that I'm sorry. And I probably should learn Lyndy's kind of manners.

#73 fs_80gdan

fs_80gdan
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:58

Xel.

Sickening.

thank you!

#74 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:08

Due to no reply and the sig no longer being offered at your new shop and the fact you used it in the comp with Assassin I withdraw my bid. I may bid on something in your new shop another time but till then I say adieu.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#75 fs_80gdan

fs_80gdan
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:30

sorry
you may lie something in my auction
click the image in my bio for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana