Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2015 - 23:56

One of the common themes of the request for new rewards throughout all aspects of the game seem to be that items lose their value over time as more of each of the items get added to the game. This is less so with consumable items (ie. potions) as they get used up and hence a demand is (generally) always there for them.

So I was thinking we could add a new type of equippable item that is essentially only usable for a certain amount of time. By that I mean that once the item has been equipped, a timer is added to it and when that runs out the item is destroyed. The item could still be unequipped and traded once the timer is activated but it would show how long the item had remaining on the item details. This would keep a demand for the items as they would essential be consumed after the timer runs out.

Thoughts? :)

#2 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 00:05

Interesting :) will those sets be more powerful than SE sets? i mean anything special?

#3 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 00:07

I like this idea! .. 

you could actually have Epics that expire ..with above average per hour stam gain ..like 10-20+ with limited use.

and adding..this reminds of an off the wall idea I liked as well from way back  ..Crystalline Epics  ( that could be bought for some major arena tokens or pvp tokens )

• 3JS likes this

#4 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 August 2015 - 00:09

I think good idea but what do you do with expired item? I wonder if you can compose those expired item into something else?  I have another question will there be a potion/buff to slow time loss on item?  I do think it is good idea to have such item and have them limited to some areas of the game in function or enhancements geared for a part of the game. Example something leveling, pvping, arena, and so on. 

Edited by bigchaos, 21 August 2015 - 00:10.

#5 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2015 - 00:15

I think good idea but what do you do with expired item? I wonder if you can compose those expired item into something else?  I have another question will there be a potion/buff to slow time loss on item?  I do think it is good idea to have such item and have them limited to some areas of the game in function or enhancements geared for a part of the game. Example something leveling, pvping, arena, and so on. 

I'd think it would just turn into a broken item (maybe with no stats) so it could be broken down into fragments (or it could just be removed completely).

#6 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 August 2015 - 00:24

One of the common themes of the request for new rewards throughout all aspects of the game seem to be that items lose their value over time as more of each of the items get added to the game. This is less so with consumable items (ie. potions) as they get used up and hence a demand is (generally) always there for them.

So I was thinking we could add a new type of equippable item that is essentially only usable for a certain amount of time. By that I mean that once the item has been equipped, a timer is added to it and when that runs out the item is destroyed. The item could still be unequipped and traded once the timer is activated but it would show how long the item had remaining on the item details. This would keep a demand for the items as they would essential be consumed after the timer runs out.

Thoughts? :)

very good idea hoof :) but maybe make it so that time can be paused when you unequip it, is it goibg to be bound ?

clock96.gif

#7 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2015 - 00:30

very good idea hoof :) but maybe make it so that time can be paused when you unequip it, is it goibg to be bound ?

I think being able to pause it would defeat the point of it. I don't see that they would need to be bound - on the contary I think they would be good for trading as there should be a constant demand for them due to the items essentially being consumable :)

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 00:41

Hoof i would like to personally thank you for all the effort your putting into the game!

#9 Raku

Raku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 00:44

Depending on how much time and what the gear is used for could be good or bad. Maybe something more of what I seen someone else suggested about low-mid durability crystalline gear that isnt affected by unbreakable as much.

#10 drakos333

drakos333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:00

seems like a neat idea to me! lets try it out! with the timers on the items, no matter how they were obtained (pvp arena, ladder, chest etc) players who obtained them would either be able to make some fsps by selling or gain an advantage in a certain aspect of the game for a limited time... seems neat! 

#11 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:02

What kind of time frame are you looking at? 1-3 hours? 4-6 weeks?

#12 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:08

Breaking into frags works from all non-epic equips for composing.

Sth to reduce amount of epics on the game could be created instead of time on equips on my opinion.

[it wouldn't be good if an player that was inactive come back and see his/her items are with elapsed/expired time on their equips]

[some suggestions to reduce amount of epics on game was already mentioned on many thread already: last ones was about combinating epics [Epic Fusion => I think it sounds more cool 8) ] and inventing]

Edited by Kbyte, 21 August 2015 - 02:54.

#13 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:14

I think being able to pause it would defeat the point of it. I don't see that they would need to be bound - on the contary I think they would be good for trading as there should be a constant demand for them due to the items essentially being consumable :)

I like it being unbound but for example, if I put an item on and then I want to sell it on the AH for example, isn't this gonna take from the item's time while its selling on AH ? You get me ?

clock96.gif

#14 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:15

Can buy an upgrade to pause it for 48 hours *only available once per item*

#15 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:17

I think the idea has merit but I also think the timer should only run while the item is equipped. I can't imagine buying an item, wearing it once for a hunt and then it turns useless just sitting in my pack waiting for the next hunt. Running the timer only when I'm getting actual benefit from the item is the only way I would use this feature.

Screenshot everything!

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:21

I think the idea has merit but I also think the timer should only run while the item is equipped. I can't imagine buying an item, wearing it once for a hunt and then it turns useless just sitting in my pack waiting for the next hunt. Running the timer only when I'm getting actual benefit from the item is the only way I would use this feature.

Well what if they lasted 1 month?

#17 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:28

I think that's the idea hoof was going for, the items getting destroyed fast so you should go and get them again, not just take the one set you want then move away, that's what hoof was going for

clock96.gif

#18 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:33

Well what if they lasted 1 month?

That would be 2 hunts for me at best. Depending on how much pvp I do a month may still only be one hunt for me. Not worth the expense for me but if the timer only ran while item was equipped it may be worth the expense. All depends on the price and duration.

Screenshot everything!

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:34

That would be 2 hunts for me at best. Depending on how much pvp I do a month may still only be one hunt for me. Not worth the expense for me but if the timer only ran while item was equipped it may be worth the expense. All depends on the price and duration.

Believe 1 month is a nice amount of time...roughly 90k stamina gain in one month.

#20 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:59

72 hour use :) poof :P you get your hunts play around with it and get stripped naked after 72 hours

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: