#41 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:19

That require am500 not everyone have those

That or patience. The creatures are bound to respawn there at some point (not sure what the respawning time is).

Add: But then again, not everyone has patience..

Edited by gomezkilla, 30 October 2013 - 01:21.

#42 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:22

Thank you for the Global event BG and HCS even though the kill count is crazy. The biggest problem I have with this is the 100 FSP award for the top 100. I'm very disappointed in this portion, but it was your choice to do it.

#43 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:31

BTW, the Mountain Path looks broke to me, maybe there is something to do with the event.

#44 Tegwean

Tegwean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:36

Wiivja no it don't if you stand in one spot and keep refreshing they will slowly keep appearing you can kill like 2 to 3 of them every min so if you take about 41 hours worth of playing and paying attention you can get the kills without am 500 with 5k stamina just takes a lot of time

#45 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:57

Doesnt take that much..Not using the vision-ish pot shows you revenants and fellows only, then its just patience? something like titan hunting only simpler :-) amd considering the contents of the ruby chest its REALLY worth the effort!

#46 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:38

So just a heads up.

I'm killing Halloween Revenant without any Global Item equipped, but the Emaciated Fellow I can't kill because I don't have the correct item equipped.

That's right?

#47 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:42

Thank you for the Global event BG and HCS even though the kill count is crazy. The biggest problem I have with this is the 100 FSP award for the top 100. I'm very disappointed in this portion, but it was your choice to do it.

Love the fact that there's another GE and looking forward to the Halloween LE's coming out too, but I, like Keydn and Parrot, am gob-smacked that there's 100 fsp for the top 100 contributors.

I wish you guys had stayed with the 1 or maybe 2 extra chests for the top 100, or maybe another custom avatar as a reward, but this sends out, IMO, the wrong signals.

1. I wonder if you've just set a very dangerous precedent ? - you've done it now, so folk will expect it again and again (and, knowing some players, will expect the amount to increment too)

2. I suspect that folk with massive stam banks will claim all (or the vast majority) of these 100 fsp payouts (this is, btw, not taking anything away from them, they've paid [one way or another] to get those massive banks ..). Even 10 hrs in, the #100th player has almost 20k kills - and there are a further 130 hrs (give or take) remaining. I shudder to think what the count for #100 will be at that point, but I bet it's WAY out of reach of most players. I know that the chests are worth far more in reality, but they are bound and can't be used as character upgrades so there's a world of difference between an extra chest or two and 100 fsp to a lower level player. 

Maybe a solution is to split the top 100 contributors into 5 bands - as in :-

Level 1 - 350 Players - the top 20 in that band get an extra reward

Level 351-700 Players - the top 20 in that band get an extra reward

Level 701-1050 Players - the top 20 in that band get an extra reward

Level 1051-1400 Players - the top 20 in that band get an extra reward

Level 1400 + Players - the top 20 in that band get an extra reward

Whilst it's not an idea solution, it's a lot "fairer" than just lumping everyone under the same umbrella and thinking that a low level player has a chance of winning a top 100 place :)

Edited by Pardoux, 30 October 2013 - 03:13.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#48 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:48

Just to let you guys know...

I've used 7,2K stamina and I finished the Spooky Quest II, have farmed some pots from the Elite, farmed 10 Zombie Brews from Halloween Revenant and already got the 25K kills for Ruby Tier killing the Emaciated Fellow.

Buffs i use:
Gold Foot 175
Light Foot 175
Distill 150 (Kicked off after drunk the pots)
AM 250+
Global Booster 250 (not used during Spooky II)
Reckoning 175
Unbrekable 175
Conserve 175
Find Item 1000+ (only to farm the ZBs, and kicked off)
Reveal 25 (kicked off after finish the quest)

So the 25K tier it's not impossible to achieve, you just need to plan your hunt.

PS: But look at me, I'm the official Ghostbuster, that's easier to me =P

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 30 October 2013 - 04:49.

#49 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:28

Thanks HCS for the event! i like the prize for the top 100 but i hope it doesn't cause any unfavorable side-effects.

#50 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:06

i take it Global Booster does not count the kills when doing the quest ...

#51 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:07

Pretty sure it didn't for me - but then again, the quests aren't, strictly speaking, part of the global event ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#52 Matetuer

Matetuer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:32

No i didnt kill only Emaciated Fellow...  but still... 9k stam to get 13k kills... makes no sense to me.... just my opinion

#53 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:35

No i didnt kill only Emaciated Fellow...  but still... 9k stam to get 13k kills... makes no sense to me.... just my opinion

Read my reply few comments above, I've used only 7,2K stamina to finish the Spooky II, farm 10 ZBs, some Global Booster 250 and do the 25K kills...

#54 Matetuer

Matetuer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:42

Read my reply few comments above, I've used only 7,2K stamina to finish the Spooky II, farm 10 ZBs, some Global Booster 250 and do the 25K kills...

i didnt kill only emaciated fellow, had to do both spooky quests so i killed all global creatures.

#55 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:27

The individual requirements seem a tad high.  :(

#56 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:28

i didnt kill only emaciated fellow, had to do both spooky quests so i killed all global creatures.

Did you have global booster on whilst completing the  quests? That would have had you unnecessarily wasting stam as GB doesn't count to quest requirement kills.

#57 GFXGUYHALO

GFXGUYHALO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:21

Yup. They'll appear in the next day or two.

WOOOT

halo2sig_zps13687e76.png

Check out my Graphics Shop:

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58996

#58 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:38

The prize is given to the top 100 because they worked the hardest in the event. Regarding the lower levels players that you say "need" the fsp, the top 100 prize winners can just send their prize to a random lower level player that they feel "needs" the fsp.

This game, like any small business requires a consistent infusion of funds. Where games are concerned, new players are key, for game economy, marketplace viability, commerce, activity, optics of an active game and so on. Effectively excluding new players from this reward and sending them the implied message that lowbies must wait and pay their dues is not effective in the highly competitive gaming industry in my humble opinion. Pardoux's twist is a simple elegant alternative. Hey, I've "worked" hard too and it is precisely the veteran players that should recognize that without new blood, old blood fades away. This game is great, but let's make it great and inviting for all.

Catch my drift? It's irrefutable.
DP
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#59 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:39

Dear BigGrim,

For Fracks Sake secured the Statue of Gurgriss Titan and received no drop .. I know this is a mistake and was caused by the wanting to keep the gear secret by not inserting it into the Titan Rewards section ..

PLEASE remedy this ASAP.

Fixed.

BTW, the Mountain Path looks broke to me, maybe there is something to do with the event.

Do a hard refresh. (Ctrl F5).

So just a heads up.

I'm killing Halloween Revenant without any Global Item equipped, but the Emaciated Fellow I can't kill because I don't have the correct item equipped.

That's right?

That's correct. Only the ghosts need the Smasher. The zombie does not.

Correct. It only boosts the kills toward the Global total.

Now. I've had to go through the thread, removing a lot of silly arguing and complaining. Don't make me do it again.  

The Event is for people to have fun.

#60 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 30 October 2013 - 13:06

Love the fact that there's another GE and looking forward to the Halloween LE's coming out too, but I, like Keydn and Parrot, am gob-smacked that there's 100 fsp for the top 100 contributors.

I wish you guys had stayed with the 1 or maybe 2 extra chests for the top 100, or maybe another custom avatar as a reward, but this sends out, IMO, the wrong signals.

1. I wonder if you've just set a very dangerous precedent ? - you've done it now, so folk will expect it again and again (and, knowing some players, will expect the amount to increment too)

2. I suspect that folk with massive stam banks will claim all (or the vast majority) of these 100 fsp payouts (this is, btw, not taking anything away from them, they've paid [one way or another] to get those massive banks ..). Even 10 hrs in, the #100th player has almost 20k kills - and there are a further 130 hrs (give or take) remaining. I shudder to think what the count for #100 will be at that point, but I bet it's WAY out of reach of most players. I know that the chests are worth far more in reality, but they are bound and can't be used as character upgrades so there's a world of difference between an extra chest or two and 100 fsp to a lower level player. 

Maybe a solution is to split the top 100 contributors into 5 bands - as in :-

Level 1 - 350 Players - the top 20 in that band get an extra reward

Level 351-700 Players - the top 20 in that band get an extra reward

Level 701-1050 Players - the top 20 in that band get an extra reward

Level 1051-1400 Players - the top 20 in that band get an extra reward

Level 1400 + Players - the top 20 in that band get an extra reward

Whilst it's not an idea solution, it's a lot "fairer" than just lumping everyone under the same umbrella and thinking that a low level player has a chance of winning a top 100 place :)

Par - this is exactly what I was thinking in terms of the stam bank item and keeping the rewards with the extra chests, or possibly a bonus item that would not be available right away in the game. Obviously as you stated, those with the larger stam banks will end up in the top 100 if they choose to do so. I doubt there will be many who are under 700 in the top 100 by the end, but I will stand to be corrected at the end. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: