229 replies to this topic

#21 jer

jer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:20

I like the idea, but it would be nice to be able to sell buffs in groups instead of 1 at a time so we can give a better price for buying more then 1.

I would actually rather see something like secure trade but have it for buffs and have it so you can list your buffs and your desired price, and then people can pick which buffs they want and then put a bid in, if it is the desired price it should be automaticly accepted but if it is lower then desired price the person can accept or decline the offer on there buffs, so people can get a better price buying multiple buffs

#22 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:21

Sounds pretty cool but I do have a couple minor questions.

What is going to define online? While we already got a ton of people on auto refresh and its annoying to ask someone then wait 10min and ask someone else then the 1st guy comes back and buffs annoying the 2nd one. Also how automated will this be? While I see no issue with folks staying on all day on auto ref and auto selling buffs some may not like that as much.

On that note again how automated will this be? One big part of the social aspect of this game was meeting and talking to buffers and customers. I met a lot of folks this way I would not have met if it was automated.

A way to search by buff that works better than the FSH one would be nice too.

Can a way be added to make packs? For example doubler AL lib merch TH for a FSP and stuff like that?

Finally as someone who occasionally sells buffs but not always is there a way to turn this on and off perhaps with a message that im closed for now but would be available at another time?

Edited by watagashi, 30 December 2013 - 01:22.

#23 fredrice

fredrice

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:24

it would be awesome to make it like an auction house type with the headers of ascending buff prices being the cheapest at the top list when you choose a specific buff (like in a drop-down menu buffs list) then another drop-down menu for the buff level (it will face-out the preferences option of specific buffs like Counter Attack, Severe Condition, Nightmare Visage & Barricade since it can be a hassle when you still have to change it in Preferences) what else? :)

#24 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:27

Nevertheless, the amount at which you lose should be entirely up to you, if you have the choice (which we do)

Because one person wants to lose it doesn't mean everyone else should suffer. No one will willingly but level 165 buffs anyway if they do that their mistake.

#25 fredrice

fredrice

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:28

and adding to previous post, let there be a "cart" option (the ones in online shops) so you can buy multiple buffs in one go with different persons who has the cheapest of it all hehe

and adding to previous post, let there be a "cart" option (the ones in online shops) so you can buy multiple buffs in one go with different persons who has the cheapest of it all hehe

#26 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:29

To answer a couple of the questions so far:

1) You'll be able to put buffs into a package and specify your own price (in either gold or FSP).

2) It will show a list of available buffs/packages from players who are currently online, then the buyer will be able to request it from the seller. If the seller accepts, the gold/FSP will be transferred and the buffs will automatically be applied. Think of it almost like a secure trade for buffs :)

#27 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:29

so you can only sell buffs this way if you are online or can  you sell em anytime on or offline? guess you answered it while i was typing :)

Edited by winemaker, 30 December 2013 - 01:30.

#28 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:31

Because one person wants to lose it doesn't mean everyone else should suffer. No one will willingly but level 165 buffs anyway if they do that their mistake.

I have no intention on going offtopic, as this is an official post from the team themselves. So, the last thing i will say is this : The idea of the buff system is based on the idea you can sell your buffs whichever they are, for whatever price you want. To be told i am not allowed to sell for 5k each, is a complete contradiction to the player made marketplace of buffs. The reason i do sell them that low, and will continue to at 175 "Equal" is because it's become the normal to overcharge for buffs. I'm entirely sick of seeing people with the same mindset as you scam people over. So, to reiterate, i think this system should be where you decide whatever cost you want. If you want to charge 100fsp per buff, that's your choice. However, it shouldn't effect me none.

#29 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:31

this is an awesome idea can't wait :)

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#30 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:32

Really I don't see this as a High Priority.. I think it is a Lazy mans Cop out...

#31 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:36

I have no intention on going offtopic, as this is an official post from the team themselves. So, the last thing i will say is this : The idea of the buff system is based on the idea you can sell your buffs whichever they are, for whatever price you want. To be told i am not allowed to sell for 5k each, is a complete contradiction to the player made marketplace of buffs. The reason i do sell them that low, and will continue to at 175 "Equal" is because it's become the normal to overcharge for buffs. I'm entirely sick of seeing people with the same mindset as you scam people over. So, to reiterate, i think this system should be where you decide whatever cost you want. If you want to charge 100fsp per buff, that's your choice. However, it shouldn't effect me none.

When this happens buffs will be worth 0 gold because there are many people who sell them for free and don't advertise. I think that is ridiculous. They should make buffs based off their theory of 1 fsp is equal to 25 stam.

#32 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:38

To answer a couple of the questions so far:

1) You'll be able to put buffs into a package and specify your own price (in either gold or FSP).

2) It will show a list of available buffs/packages from players who are currently online, then the buyer will be able to request it from the seller. If the seller accepts, the gold/FSP will be transferred and the buffs will automatically be applied. Think of it almost like a secure trade for buffs :)

It's not going to work like the AH?

#33 Savemy

Savemy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:40

Really I don't see this as a High Priority.. I think it is a Lazy mans Cop out...

I dont agree at all I think this will keep people here longer and will divide us, it's like a margaret thatcher move, where the whole family use to be insured under one policy, it's now individual mindset, I think this is going to cause lots of problems, but hey lets not contaminate an idea that has't been given a chance.

#34 fredrice

fredrice

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:41

high priority or not, it will make buff thieves be a history forever... think of it as a permanent solution to that hopefully ^_^ Find Buffs is awesome... i open multiple tabs of it with different buffs each when a buffer has a package but when a buff you want is not there in his package, you search for it again in another buffer :)

#35 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:44

I have talked to people that have wanted personal Item tagging for a long time and it is never even been discussed by Hoof or any HCS staff.. I wonder why???  Maybe so the rich can get more while the poor get less.. There is way to much Greed in this game.. Get some thing basically for a little and Make a killing and then when they can't they cry about it.. 

Deleted Double post..

Edited by Shylark57, 30 December 2013 - 01:45.

#36 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:44

First I'd like to ask you to please add the FSHelper to one of your test characters and see how the helper handles this.  (Please do this for all instances of integrating Helper features into the game.)

For a buff marketplace I'm thinking there needs to be 4 stages:

1  Player decides to sell buffs, they need a page where they can list their buffs & prices and set a marker to show these are on or off.  ( A saved listing, able to be altered when new buffs or a reset added, after which the player just needs to set the on / off marker)

2  A page for buff searchers to see what buffs are currently being offered, the prices & who is selling them.  A drop down for each buff giving details and providing a tick box for the buff/s required.  A summary line/s of who, what & prices so buyer can be sure to have the right amount available on hand and in their FSP bank.

3  The game would send the buff seller a message of which buffs are needed & to whom.  The message would have an 'activate' at the end (just like the [ Reply | Trade | ST | Buff ] at the end of messages now).

4  Once the buffer has activated the required buff/s, automatic payment is made.

NB  There needs to be a check that the buffer has enough stam!

#37 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:47

high priority or not, it will make buff thieves be a history forever... think of it as a permanent solution to that hopefully ^_^ Find Buffs is awesome... i open multiple tabs of it with different buffs each when a buffer has a package but when a buff you want is not there in his package, you search for it again in another buffer :)

Anything that pees in the cornflakes of buff thieves - especially habitual ones (and there's one that springs VERY readily to mind) - is a good thing.

Edited by Pardoux, 30 December 2013 - 01:47.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#38 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:52

Is there anything in particular you would like to see added to this feature in addition to the above?

love the update

how about if i wanted my buffs to be casted automatically after payment received im sure i could make some fast $$$ and would be great if the payment like gold goes to my bank :)

sigma_468x60.jpg

#39 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:55

love the update

how about if i wanted my buffs to be casted automatically after payment received im sure i could make some fast $$$ and would be great if the payment like gold goes to my bank :)

Gold to bank would be unjustified punishment to PvP players.

#40 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:56

Gold to bank would be unjustified punishment to PvP players.

And a little too much automation for my taste

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: