• This topic is locked This topic is locked
229 replies to this topic

#41 navycop

navycop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:57

will we still be able to buff for free. sometimes I give a few free buffs after people buy buffs. some buffs with low value are more desired then high value buffs. some buffs that cast less stam are more asked then others that cost more stam, therefore they are prised higher. cant realy say yes or no till I've seen how it is put together.

#42 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:57

I have talked to people that have wanted personal Item tagging for a long time and it is never even been discussed by Hoof or any HCS staff.. I wonder why???  Maybe so the rich can get more while the poor get less.. There is way to much Greed in this game.. Get some thing basically for a little and Make a killing and then when they can't they cry about it.. 

Deleted Double post..

well its off topic here, may be why its ignored now but perhaps its the way it was put? I doubt you are gonna gain any points putting it this way!

Edited by watagashi, 30 December 2013 - 01:58.

#43 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:58

I see one problem (at the moment).  What happens if a player has sent the buff request and meanwhile someone else has buffed them with all or some of the buffs requested?

#44 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:59

I see one problem (at the moment).  What happens if a player has sent the buff request and meanwhile someone else has buffed them with all or some of the buffs requested?

Much like today, it would just not go through..Deal over.. I'm assume it's a request, and not a request + payment

Edited by Shadow19231, 30 December 2013 - 01:59.

#45 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:59

Gold to bank would be unjustified punishment to PvP players.

And a little too much automation for my taste

So, you'd prefer a player to be offline and allowing his buffs to be sold for gold, and for said gold to just accumulate in his "purse" (as opposed to bank) so you can cherry pick it ?

And, if that was the case, just how popular do you think this buff selling would become ? LOL.

I'd prefer either ...

1. Gold went straight to the players bank 

or, at least, 

2. Gold was "held" until the player came online, and was then put into his "purse" so he could dispose of it as safely as possible.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#46 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:00

So, you'd prefer a player to be offline and allowing his buffs to be sold for gold, and for said gold to just accumulate in his "purse" (as opposed to bank) so you can cherry pick it ?

And, if that was the case, just how popular do you think this buff selling would become ? LOL.

I'd prefer either ...

or, at least, 

2. Gold was "held" until the player came online, and was then put into his "purse" so he could dispose of it as safely as possible.

It's not like vending machine. that player still has to be online, and physically buff someone

#47 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:01

I'd prefer either ...

or, at least, 

Hoof made it clear this is for online not offline players, WAY not in support of allowing anyone to sell buffs while offline!

Edited by watagashi, 30 December 2013 - 02:02.

#48 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:03

Shouldn't the player have to be online for this?  I envisage the system requiring the buffer to do something (click a link) to buff the buyer.

#49 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:04

Hi all,

Next on the Development Roadmap is the Buff Marketplace. The idea of the Buff Marketplace is:

Create an easily searchable way to find players who are online and offering to sell buffs. This would also include creating a new interface to define which buffs you are selling and at what price (gold/FSP). The player wanting the buffs would be able to send a request via this page and if accepted by the other player the buffs would then be applied and the gold/FSP would be automatically transferred.

Is there anything in particular you would like to see added to this feature in addition to the above?

bumped to this page so everyone can see it says online players

#50 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Hoof made it clear this is for online not offline players, WAY not in support of allowing anyone to sell buffs while offline!

Thats the whole point why i voted yes for it.....and probably many others.

#51 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

My mistake then - if both players are online, then I've no argument with gold going to "purse"

I thought, and would have liked to see, it was going to be a method of selling buffs securely whilst on AND offline.

Heaven knows, enough players complain in fs-box or shout box or even in the global chat (on the rare occasions I read it) about not being able to find buffers.

Having an offline sales mechanism, done securely and automatically, would benefit most players, wouldn't it ?

Edited by Pardoux, 30 December 2013 - 02:18.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#52 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:10

To me its a door you dont want to open,,,

Because my next suggestion is for an automation that checks my pvp targets and auto hits anyone over 2 million in gold out

Then ill ask to set a specific titan and send me automatically to hunt it if im offline

Then ill want a way to set up my gvG targets and go have a sandwich while I auto hit the list

Then I would really like to auto enter and auto change my gear for arenas :P

I think a system to help online players ell buffs is pleanty of help there,, if we allow offline buff sales then we should allow the silly things I mentioned and then we may as well just check in once a day to see how much we have grown without doing anything on our own 

Edited by watagashi, 30 December 2013 - 02:11.

#53 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:10

My mistake then - if bother players are online, then I've no argument with gold going to "purse"

I thought, and would have liked to see, it was going to be a method of selling buffs securely whilst on AND offline.

Heaven knows, enough players complain in fs-box or shout box or even in the global chat (on the rare occasions I read it) about not being able to find buffers.

Having an offline sales mechanism, done securely and automatically, would benefit most players, wouldn't it ?

Honestly, it wouldn't hurt anyone. However, there is so many players from so many places around the world, there is always a fair buffer online . and i mean one that does less than 1fsp per buff. With that said, i hope it answers your last question

#54 NicramDuel

NicramDuel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:14

I am happy to see this idea of old times finally come to life. 

On the old forum, it was a very time-consuming, yet spiritually very rewarding task for me to manage the "Ultimate List of Value Buffers" thread, listing the best buffers of that FS-era - to an actually pretty decent degree. Then, finally, Wzarlon brought salvation to the entire community by creating his direct-search tool at http://fallen-empire...ind-buffers.asp . Unfortunately, time passed and as far as I know, all of us involved in keeping the thread and the sight "clean" retired over the years - but still, a lot of experience was gained. Quite a few of us, often separately suggested such a market - and some good thoughts occured at the time. 

1.: Inactive, or even, offline players should not be available for buff purchase. There was a debate about this, some went with a week's time of being off, others suggested a day, again others preferred "the green-grey light system". As soon as you go grey, you go off. I'm all up for the later, however I have no clear idea of what can be done with auto-refreshers.

2.: Another debate was about where the gold should go. It was quickly decided at the time that if any buff-gold went straight to the bank, then from that moment on, hardly anyone would ever have gold on their hands - an ultimate pvp killer and upgrade abuse. Best it goes in hands, just as it regularly would.

3. An interesting issue was how many buffs or buffers could be listed at any given time. Having infinite buff spots available could allow a near-endless supply of buffs, true, but if it were limited to the most affordable 50-100 buffs (or much less, seing how much the online community has dropped, say around 30), with the most expensive ones on the list constantly dropping out...this would create an incentive for the more dedicated buffers to actually 'marketfight' the casual or more profit-oriented buffers. The later, imho, is what I as a buffer prefer - but this is a highly subjective point of view. 

4.: This is more of a present issue than of the past, since the debate of old was before sustain was introduced. Extend...I'm not sure, I think we already had that, but again, it's a question. Long story short: Extend, Reinforced, Sustained, and anything else that could affect buffs should also be visible - OR...decided if these should at all, take effect when purchasing a buff from the marketplace, or should this remain a priviledge of those clients, who are ready to search for a buffer directly. Either works, but both from a programmer perspective, and from that of loyal client-buff seller relations, I'd vote for the second, simpler option.

5.: And finally, the last thing I remember was a very rigorous "debate" (more of a vocal bloodbath by the end of it) about taxation. Should the buffs submitted on the market be slightly taxed (such as is the case with gold listings on the market), or should they be completely free (as is with the AH). There was no clear conclusion on this case back then. I prefer a tax-free environment.

+1.: This just came to mind: The tool Wzarlon created (the link earlier in this post goes there directly) differentiates in buff levels, too. Many GREAT buffers used to have buffs a bit lower than the generally accepted lvl 175, but with such affordable pricing that they ended up seriously busy participants on the buff market of old times. Even today, I would seriously consider a non-lvl-175 dc for instance, if it was priced a lot lower than the pot on AH. KE is a headblower nowadays, pve sets provide more than sufficient attack anyways, so I often regard DC as a bit of extra service, just in case all goes wrong. Yet paying someone else to use 20 stamina instead of my own can definitely be worth 1k gold, or something similar.

Shortly: The tool should distinguish two separate search modes: One in terms of price (gold preference over fsp, in general), and one in terms of level.

Sorry for the long post, and for typos.

#55 Calhim

Calhim

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:18

Hi all,

Next on the Development Roadmap is the Buff Marketplace. The idea of the Buff Marketplace is:

Create an easily searchable way to find players who are online and offering to sell buffs. This would also include creating a new interface to define which buffs you are selling and at what price (gold/FSP). The player wanting the buffs would be able to send a request via this page and if accepted by the other player the buffs would then be applied and the gold/FSP would be automatically transferred.

Is there anything in particular you would like to see added to this feature in addition to the above?

It seems like everyone would like to know if this is going to be something we opt in to / have to set up something to sell, or if we are just automatically part of it.

I would also like to know how we will be able to search for buffs, do we have to search individually or can we search for a buffer that has all of the buffs we are looking for?

#56 grante28

grante28

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:23

First off, I say let the market dictate the price of what the buffs should be. If people want to sell buffs for 5k gold each or try to sell them for 5FSP's each so be it. This game is a market based economy anyways and to go against that tradition I think would have serious consequences.

Second, I think people should be able to sell buffs offline and I think it should be automatic like the FSP marketplace. You buy the buffs and instantly the buffs are casted and the money is subtracted. That way no one can ever complain about slow service or anything else.

People should be able to sell buffs offline because why not?! Currently the auction house allows you to sell stuff offline as does the FSP marketplace. So why shouldn't the buff marketplace be the same? This could make buffs much more affordable and for the people who only like to sell buffs much more reasonable! Maybe just have something like the Auction House where you have to relist every so often.

#57 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:25

Honestly, it wouldn't hurt anyone. However, there is so many players from so many places around the world, there is always a fair buffer online . and i mean one that does less than 1fsp per buff. With that said, i hope it answers your last question

It doesn't bother me one iota if it applies to online and offline vendors or just online vendors - I'm self-sufficient in buffs and only sell them (for stamina cost) when I'm approached.

I just think that being able to do it offline too would benefit more players. After all, if there's a player selling SH for 10k (unlikely, admittedly, but you never know) but he's offline, then a player would be aggrieved having to pay 1fsp for it (stamina cost - actually, still under stam cost) from an online player ?

But, as I've said, an ST for buffs from online players alone is still a step forward :)

Edited by Pardoux, 30 December 2013 - 02:25.

#58 Calhim

Calhim

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:26

4.: This is more of a present issue than of the past, since the debate of old was before sustain was introduced. Extend...I'm not sure, I think we already had that, but again, it's a question. Long story short: Extend, Reinforced, Sustained, and anything else that could affect buffs should also be visible - OR...decided if these should at all, take effect when purchasing a buff from the marketplace, or should this remain a priviledge of those clients, who are ready to search for a buffer directly. Either works, but both from a programmer perspective, and from that of loyal client-buff seller relations, I'd vote for the second, simpler option.

This brings something to mind, what would happen if a buffer, either from leaving a guild or switching equipment, would lose their 100% fury caster?  Would they be taken off of the marketplace or possibly requests become invalid?  I guess the most realistic would be them getting an error when they go to accept the request saying they needed to adjust their fury casting level

#59 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:26

First off, I say let the market dictate the price of what the buffs should be. If people want to sell buffs for 5k gold each or try to sell them for 5FSP's each so be it. This game is a market based economy anyways and to go against that tradition I think would have serious consequences.

Second, I think people should be able to sell buffs offline and I think it should be automatic like the FSP marketplace. You buy the buffs and instantly the buffs are casted and the money is subtracted. That way no one can ever complain about slow service or anything else.

People should be able to sell buffs offline because why not?! Currently the auction house allows you to sell stuff offline as does the FSP marketplace. So why shouldn't the buff marketplace be the same? This could make buffs much more affordable and for the people who only like to sell buffs much more reasonable! Maybe just have something like the Auction House where you have to relist every so often.

Yeah. Like is said in my reply a few mins ago.. It doesn't hurt anyone to sell buffs offline. However, there is so many people from so many different countries. You will never have a trouble finding your fairly priced buffer. Regardless of the price, someone is there for you. So, either way, there is never a question of not finding buffs. Personally, i would like to see an option for automated and not automated buffs for online usage. I like the connection i make with clients, however when --i-- buy buffs i want fast service. So, the choice would be a nice option

EDIT: Paradoux made some good points above me. Please read their post

Edited by Shadow19231, 30 December 2013 - 02:27.

#60 Otter

Otter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:38

I would love a way to set an *auto-buff* price, for example if they want SH and i have an auto buff setup for 150k gold for example, or whatever, then if they pick that, then i dont even get a pm asking to be buffed. assuming they have the gold in hand, and i have enough stamina, the transaction happens without my direct input. i would even be willing to have this taxed a bit so i dont have to take the time needed to respond, and a) it worked even while offline, and B) the money went straight into the bank.

there are several big pros of this i can see, buffs would be required to be only paid in gold. which would rejuvinate the markeplace, and decrease buff costs significantly for those who want to buff at competitive rates. among others for ease of buffing, like other people said, not having to wait for buffs, etc. etc.

you would also be able to pm the person if you wanted to only pay in fsp ofc.

any opinions on this folks? 

* sweet, many people had similar ideas! gogo offline/online auto selling!!! :D

Edited by Otter, 30 December 2013 - 02:42.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: