Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2012 - 13:41

This is just a friendly reminder and heads up to our player base, we have now begun actively monitoring and logging the use of 3rd party scripts in Fallen Sword. Temporary bans have already gone out for some players we caught automating GvG player combat.

Use of any form of automation or 3rd party scripts on our Sites, without prior permission from Hunted Cow Studios Ltd, will result in your account being terminated.

If you wish to use any private scripts you must send them in to support for approval or post a link here to the public source code so we can review it. This way we can ensure that authorized scripts do not get caught by our detection.

Scripts to make life easier are fine, scripts that play the game for you are not. The automation of things like hunting and player vs player combat will not be allowed.

Public scripts we allow are listed below:
FSH: http://code.google.c...lenswordhelper/

Disclaimer:
You are responsible for the scripts you choose to use, just because we allow the above scripts does not mean we vouch for their safety. They are regularly changed and updated and we do not review them constantly.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 13:57

Is ReloadEvery allowed? I'm thinking of those that do not use Titanstride and use reloadevery to refresh the world map for seeing where the titan spawns.

#3 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 14:00

Is ReloadEvery allowed? I'm thinking of those that do not use Titanstride and use reloadevery to refresh the world map for seeing where the titan spawns.

Hey, yes reloadevery is permitted for use in the game as it just refreshes the screen and not uses any part of the game for you.

#4 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2012 - 15:17

Hey, yes reloadevery is permitted for use in the game as it just refreshes the screen and not uses any part of the game for you.

Thanks- I've never seen an official answer to the following question though
Do you allow reload-every to "automatically" re-buff a player? Ie

I go away from my computer and and open a tab [*:15x7x08p]I navigate to quickbuff and buff myself with all the buffs I may need for pvp maybe [*:15x7x08p]I then leave my computer on and said tab on auto-reload - this keeps me buffed up all day/night without me actually being at my computer.
Surely that isn't allowed?(I expect many people use it (pvp'rs namely) and I myself have used it in the past but can I/we get some clarification on this please.

Thanks

#5 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 January 2012 - 18:50

This is just a friendly reminder and heads up to our player base, we have now begun actively monitoring and logging the use of 3rd party scripts in Fallen Sword. Temporary bans have already gone out for some players we caught automating GvG player combat.

Use of any form of automation or 3rd party scripts on our Sites, without prior permission from Hunted Cow Studios Ltd, will result in your account being terminated.

If you wish to use any private scripts you must send them in to support for approval or post a link here to the public source code so we can review it. This way we can ensure that authorized scripts do not get caught by our detection.

Scripts to make life easier are fine, scripts that play the game for you are not. The automation of things like hunting and player vs player combat will not be allowed.

Public scripts we allow are listed below:
FSH: http://code.google.c...lenswordhelper/
TitanStride: http://userscripts.o...s/review/117519

Disclaimer:
You are responsible for the scripts you choose to use, just because we allow the above scripts does not mean we vouch for their safety. They are regularly changed and updated and we do not review them constantly.

Massive thumbs-up for starting to actively monitor this - FINALLY - but, as others have said, now we have the new UI and the new map, why not just implement the features the players want from the FS_Helper into the game and then ban ALL scripts ?

#6 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 January 2012 - 20:37

I reported that script with the Automated GvG, it was called FSHelper Plus. I know the dev for it must have had bad intentions because he was only level 11 and said he spent long hours writing the code for the game.. Well, why would a level 11 who just started days ago have that much knowledge? Just watch out for them and don't go near them. Report them ASAP.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#7 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:41

May i ask what "automating GvG player combat" is?
(sorry, maybe the answer is obvious, but for me scripts are something you read in theater and Java is still an island :wink: )
  • Rek likes this

#8 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:51

We are trying to implement as many FSH features as we can, but a HUGE amount of work has gone in to it and as such a huge amount of work would be required to integrate it all.

Our hope and the FSH teams hope is that one day there will no longer be a need for it, but until that day we're not going to ban the use of it.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#9 fs_wknight1

fs_wknight1
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 18:07

best update ever but here is a thought the only thing that makes titan hunting unfair is ping time if i ping at 2 sec's and you ping at one sec i can never beat you so i am purposing you make the titan realm check ping times to all who enter and force the faster ping times to match the slower ones or just have the delay for faster ping time so we all move at the same pace in other words if you ping at one sec and i ping at 3 sec;s you have a delay of 2 sec's and i dont. light walk and titanstride would be more fair that way and titan hunting would be on a level playing field were we are all equal that way skill and determination will win not the people who paid for faster connections plus no one hunter will be able to Sucre it on there own in 20 min and yes i have seen it done made me sick to watch. just a thought but of course people who paid big dollars for faster speed would be up set but the other 95% of the game could get in on the action :P

#10 rebtex

rebtex

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 23:27

best update ever but here is a thought the only thing that makes titan hunting unfair is ping time if i ping at 2 sec's and you ping at one sec i can never beat you so i am purposing you make the titan realm check ping times to all who enter and force the faster ping times to match the slower ones or just have the delay for faster ping time so we all move at the same pace in other words if you ping at one sec and i ping at 3 sec;s you have a delay of 2 sec's and i dont. light walk and titanstride would be more fair that way and titan hunting would be on a level playing field were we are all equal that way skill and determination will win not the people who paid for faster connections plus no one hunter will be able to Sucre it on there own in 20 min and yes i have seen it done made me sick to watch. just a thought but of course people who paid big dollars for faster speed would be up set but the other 95% of the game could get in on the action :P

Coming from someone with a slow connection, this is a bad idea. Those who pay, get the advantages. That is how life is. Plus, a lot of that is skill, not a fast connection.

alonesig_lafuria-1.png

#11 fs_wknight1

fs_wknight1
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:04

rebtex

Post subject: Re: 3rd Party Script Warning Reply with quote
wknight1 wrote:

Coming from someone with a slow connection, this is a bad idea. Those who pay, get the advantages. That is how life is. Plus, a lot of that is skill, not a fast connection.

Point made right there you think cause you pay big dollars for better stuff you should get a win button. as for you skill it wont mean shit if you cant ping the server as fast as the other guy guess i need to simplify some for you i have a 8 sec car you have a 12 sec car wanna race id guess not why cause it is not fair! but like i said this will only offend the people with a great ping time as for it will take away your win button. cause having a faster ping time is an advantage not skill. skill only apply s if you beat some one with the same advantage or the same ping time being able to ping the server 6 to 10 times faster is an advantage over me and others do the math yourself you have 11ms ping i have 55ms ping thats 5 to 1 in your favor you need no skill there to win even the dullest knife can cut that butter :D

#12 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:27

I was hit the other day while leveling by a guy with a few levels difference. I asked him how he even noticed I was on, and he told me he had a program that displays all players in his range holding over 2 million in gold.

Sure, it's called the FSHelper and it's been approved.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#13 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:44

Sure, it's called the FSHelper and it's been approved.

Reguardless of whats approved, players have been calling for a "fair" playing field, not perks to people who download things that give them an advantage. Thats why people were happy to see TS gone...

Now to get rid of a few more that give perks to some players, and the game will be balanced. :wink:

#14 jacody

jacody

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 20:40

Just thought id throw my two cents in . Ive been hunting titans since before any scripts and before any kill delay . And guess what , there were people who dominated the titans back then too . I dont need to name names people who hunted them then know . After they introduced to delay there was maybe a week when new peeps showed up on the field and you know what the fast hunters rose to the top again . Youll see after this week (if the fast hunters choose to play ) that the fast hunters will still dominate the field . If prices hav'nt dropped so low on epics now youd see even more hunters out there . As usual the faster hunters who have been perfecting there craft for years will dominate . There will be no win button this time either

#15 fs_dougmines

fs_dougmines
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:46

Just thought id throw my two cents in . Ive been hunting titans since before any scripts and before any kill delay . And guess what , there were people who dominated the titans back then too . I dont need to name names people who hunted them then know . After they introduced to delay there was maybe a week when new peeps showed up on the field and you know what the fast hunters rose to the top again . Youll see after this week (if the fast hunters choose to play ) that the fast hunters will still dominate the field . If prices hav'nt dropped so low on epics now youd see even more hunters out there . As usual the faster hunters who have been perfecting there craft for years will dominate . There will be no win button this time either

I'll agree in part with what you said, but again, those same players you are referencing became adept at utilizing TS and LW as well. The removal of scripts is a definite start in the right direction. It is possible to throttle back request/response handshakes at the servers end, further negating variances which might come from variable connection/processor speeds. Nothing wrong with wanting more interest in every aspect of the game, titan hunting included, and if the changes being made help the majority, then that's what should be done. Any additional tweaking can be done as the problems arise.

#16 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 15:11

Have been away, has it been addressed that there is something similar to titanstride is built into FSH?

#17 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 16 January 2012 - 15:19

Have been away, has it been addressed that there is something similar to titanstride is built into FSH?

There is a "light walk" feature yes, and HCS has said it can remain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: