Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 August 2021 - 00:27

unknown.png

Minions of Mirkwood activated Dispel Curse.

The 2% was very strong but I thought they would nerf the potions, not the %. hmm

sigma_468x60.jpg

#23 Grumpy Grey

Grumpy Grey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 01:17

Secondly, there is now an option for the Guild Leader to disband unwanted Relics. Once disbanding a Relic, the same guild cannot recapture the Relic for 24 hours. Permissions for capturing Relics will be added at a later date when the app is in a more stable state. We will also be adjusting some Relics in the coming days.

Im sure many players have sat back and had a good laugh at opposing guilds rage taking relics and tying up slots and unable to take back their perceived prized possessions as they have filled all their relic positions. 
The disband unwanted relic function although wanted by players is really the poor mans solution to making relic capture permissible to approved guild members .
If we are to have the abandon relic feature, I believe their should be more of a penalty than not  being able to retake that particular relic for 24 hours. Perhaps a better option would be  not being able to fill an abandoned relic spot for 24 hours. This will make people think twice about taking relics frivolously full well knowing they can abandon them with out penalty

Edited by Grumpy Grey, 27 August 2021 - 01:20.

#24 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 03:09

or abandon a relic only after all relic slots are filled.

btw, thank you cows for skill reset and potion reward. they are kind and thoughtful gifts.

#25 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 03:12

Just to add to my disbelief earlier.

Halving Dark Curse game wide hasn't solved a problem at all.

If there were more Attack Armour sets rather than what we've had then this wouldn't have been a problem to start with.

There are massive Sanctuary pots available but nobody uses them, along with composing Entrench or pots. Coupled with Layered armour and Armour boost etc.

The problem isn't the buff. It's what's available.

Put hooftest on the ladder without his win button kit and play in an Armour Attack setup. Using only sets available to players and try and make your attack worthwhile.

While trying to go against a player with Attack Defense Damage setup, NMV on, their Flinch composed with fumble running and now with Dark Curse halved. You'll see why it's not a good idea, for PvP or PvE.

And I'm not saying get rid of Flinch composed either, far from it.

It used to be fun to dance about in sets. Now you just look and go, meh. I know we're ALL wearing the same stuff or thereabouts, wait till the pots run out.

Edited by Prop, 27 August 2021 - 03:23.

#26 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 August 2021 - 05:18

think everyone summed it up well @HCS, no need for me to repeat, probably.

#27 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 06:53

If there were more Attack Armour sets rather than what we've had then this wouldn't have been a problem to start with.

There are massive Sanctuary pots available but nobody uses them, along with composing Entrench or pots. Coupled with Layered armour and Armour boost etc.

Put hooftest on the ladder without his win button kit and play in an Armour Attack setup. Using only sets available to players and try and make your attack worthwhile.

While trying to go against a player with Attack Defense Damage setup, NMV on, their Flinch composed with fumble running and now with Dark Curse halved. You'll see why it's not a good idea, for PvP or PvE.

It used to be fun to dance about in sets. Now you just look and go, meh. I know we're ALL wearing the same stuff or thereabouts, wait till the pots run out.

as to attack/armor set being needed, this requires explanation.
a previous thread (30 june 2021 statistical analysis of gear distribution in fallensword), showed a lack of def gear at certain levels. but as noted, high att and nmv can help def setup.

sanctuary buff cost a lot of stam and has a short duration. the special pots are under powered. there is no (positive) introductory way to use buff. so seen as no good?

similarly, entrench is not seen as useful. it is a transfer buff but can't adjust unlike other transfer buffs.

problem is the compose form of buff is the best form of the buff. SH KE CA and CD have other forms that are still useful.

armbst stats are less than shield wall.

high dam is desired, maybe LA stats reflect this.

#28 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 27 August 2021 - 12:36

as to attack/armor set being needed, this requires explanation.
a previous thread (30 june 2021 statistical analysis of gear distribution in fallensword), showed a lack of def gear at certain levels. but as noted, high att and nmv can help def setup.

sanctuary buff cost a lot of stam and has a short duration. the special pots are under powered. there is no (positive) introductory way to use buff. so seen as no good?

similarly, entrench is not seen as useful. it is a transfer buff but can't adjust unlike other transfer buffs.

problem is the compose form of buff is the best form of the buff. SH KE CA and CD have other forms that are still useful.

armbst stats are less than shield wall.

high dam is desired, maybe LA stats reflect this.

Would like to correct you here. The thread pointed to Attack/Armor sets being the least preferred sets when it came to development. It is more noticeable after level 3500 where there is one *one* Meta (SE/Legendary/Crystal) set with Attack/Armor as it's main stat. This holds true months after, even if you take into consideration all the gear that has been released since then.

There is a lot of factors that come into play when it comes to choosing whether you will "PvP" in Armor vs Defense gear, including gear available. Props posts have summed up the situation well so I won't repeat them.

SS

#29 abeaudry

abeaudry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 12:58

The way abandone relic was implemented is fine as they have done it.

Guilds that wanted to get rid of junk relics are from new players who made a mistake, or someone joining a guild just to load them up with junk relics can now do so.

I do think in a future update a permission to take and abandon relics should be added, but there is no need to penalize larger guilds who accept new players.

#30 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 August 2021 - 14:24

I do think in a future update a permission to take and abandon relics should be added, but there is no need to penalize larger guilds who accept new players.

Permissions for capturing Relics will be added at a later date when the app is in a more stable state.

As a few people seem to have missed it.

Thank you for the feedback thus far. Keep it coming over the weekend and the team will review it next week. :)

~ Grim

#31 abeaudry

abeaudry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 15:57

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I should clarify I didn't miss your post, i was suggesting the right to abandon should be a permission added as well as permission to capture.

Many guild are run by more then just the founder. Additionally, founders go on vacation or work trips that can last week's or more.

Thank you again for the update and quango

#32 Treelink

Treelink

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 09:40

Overall a really cool update.

A note to anyone using FSH, please be aware that if you're using Dark Curse, then the math will be wrong when it is telling you on the world map that you can kill this creature. Be careful. You might die.

I'm not overly enthusiastic about the Dark Curse nerf either - I mostly play FS for PvE, and that definitely becomes more challenging. Especially since attack groups were also nerfed in an earlier patch. Makes it challenging to kill those Elite mobs.

And then I just wish the FS wiki would become editable again. There is so much outdated information in there. Every patch adds to that.

#33 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 12:03

Would like to correct you here. The thread pointed to Attack/Armor sets being the least preferred sets when it came to development. It is more noticeable after level 3500 where there is one *one* Meta (SE/Legendary/Crystal) set with Attack/Armor as it's main stat. This holds true months after, even if you take into consideration all the gear that has been released since then.
There is a lot of factors that come into play when it comes to choosing whether you will "PvP" in Armor vs Defense gear, including gear available. Props posts have summed up the situation well so I won't repeat them.
SS

you are correct about att/arm.

i still think buffs that help armor (outside composing) are not treated as well as buffs that help defense. this forces armor setups to rely on arm from gear as opposed to defense setup relying on buffs (in part) like heartfelt stew, nmv, and SW to improve def.

[edit: i'm wrong again. SW and AB have the same numbers.]

Edited by michael65, 28 August 2021 - 13:39.

#34 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 14:47

1 - 199: +/- 5

I was under the impression that new players cannot participate in PvP until a certain level.
Am I misremembering? Where are the rules for PvP explained?

A note to anyone using FSH

Good point. More work :(

#35 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 August 2021 - 15:54

I was under the impression that new players cannot participate in PvP until a certain level.
Am I misremembering? Where are the rules for PvP explained?

I remember when I first started playing the game I was attacked right off the bat. Now these days new players start out with PvP protection so its safe to say you can PvP at any level.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#36 tomjiggy67

tomjiggy67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 17:26

Don't forget Chi Strike, Ageless, and a few other buffs that multiply Defence, Hit Points, and Damage and right now I'm dumping huge amounts of Ability Points into Attack and I'm 1-hitting almost everything I come into contact with. I'm telling on myself, but why would developers make this so broken? My Defense 2% setup almost can't be touched at this point.

#37 TheEggman

TheEggman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 00:01

I used to play fs a lot, its one of the most cherished gaming memories i have, i made friends which i still keep contact with. I'm glad to see the game is still alive. Godspeed!

So get this, i wake up one mornin and look myself in the mirror, it is the walrus that i see.

#38 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 07:34

FSH is updated for new PvP ranges and Dark Curse.

#39 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 15:46

lots of white pages when refreshing

#40 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 17:43

supposedly, all those error messages are being reported to someone. come monday morning, some poor cow will get this huge mess to work on, sorta like cleaning out the cow shed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: