Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2022 - 13:49

Hi everyone!

Here are the patch notes for the highly anticipated Game Update 3.8.2, which includes the Daily Quest Reroll as well as new player skills!

itsaAhy.png

New Skills:

Relentless - Offense (Lvl 2000)
+0.15% per point of Damage is transferred to Attack (casting level can be adjusted from your Preferences)

Aegis Shield - Defense (Lvl 2000)
+0.15% per point of Defense is transferred to Armor (casting level can be adjusted from your Preferences)

Avenger - Offense (Lvl 4000)
+0.03% per point boost to Attack when an opponent hits you (Max 5)

Stalwart Heart - Defense (Lvl 4500)
+0.03% chance per point boost to Armor when an opponent hits you (Maximum number of boosts: 5)

The following skills will also become available on the Player Skill Tree:

Allied Frenzy - Defense (Lvl 3500)
Increases the level range that Assist works by +1 level per point

Guild Berserker - Offense (Lvl 3500)
Increase the effectiveness of First Strike, Nullify, and Breaker in GVG Only

Gambler - Special (Lvl 3500)
+0.1% chance per point that a random stat will be tripled while all other stats are halved at the start of combat

Healer - Defense (Lvl 4000)
+0.01% per point chance that players health will fully restore after any given combat round

App Update (v1.1.1) Patch Notes:

• Composing costs have been added to the Composing Multi Brew panel
  • Daily Quest Re-roll has been added to the Questbook
  • New skills have been added to Player Skill Tree
  • New skill cast levels have been added to Settings
  • PvP Stamina hit value now set to Player Preference
  • Filters added to Available Quests panel in app

We are also aware of a bug with the Reserve Stamina panel, which has been fixed for the next patch!

For those of you who have yet to try the app, you can get it for your Google or iOS devices from the below links:

Google Play: here
Apple iOS: here

Enjoy the update and please feel free to share your feedback with us in the comments.

~The Fallen Sword Team.

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 13:53

Thanks for the udpate.

Thoughts on increasing these buff durations to at least 90 mins? Anything at 30 minutes is so low. Especially if the stam cost will be so high.

Edited by EpicPiety, 20 April 2022 - 16:38.

#3 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 15:20

PvP stamina hit preference is app only?

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 15:20

Agreed with lengthening buff duration when stam costs are high.

Reserve link is still missing on side panel. I guess I'll have to wait until the next update to use my reserve stam.

Is the Gambler skill expected to have any value to players? Frankly, it's a joke to this player.

Thankfully because of the time between the last skill addition and this one many players have enough 'reserve' skill points a reset isn't necessary. It wasn't mentioned in the update notice, but lower level players might resent there not being a free skill reset, which has been traditionally given every time. I do however love not having to reset all my skills when skill points are given a forced reset.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 15:24

Reserve link is still missing on side panel.

you know the stamina value in the top bar links to that right?

also mine is working fine, are you sure you haven't hidden it in your theme?

Edited by PointyHair, 20 April 2022 - 15:29.

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 15:30

Is the Gambler skill expected to have any value to players? Frankly, it's a joke to this player.

Very much agree with this. It really just creates situations that no one is happy with. Tripling a stat is just absurd... even if something is getting halved. 

#7 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 15:42

you know the stamina value in the top bar links to that right?

also mine is working fine, are you sure you haven't hidden it in your theme?

Not sure what has happened. The link box has appeared again. So, thanks Zue, or whoever if it was for the real time fix if it was that or just a temporary glitch. Miss those days real time fixes with Hoof actually!!

On a slightly related note Pointy. I'm desperately missing the Helper for a few days. Not sure what happened. Tamper Monkey maybe? Can't remember where to find the links to reload all the goodies. It's painful going straight game. I'm hooked on the Helper with my old habits. Some help please? Thanks mate!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#8 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 15:53

Instructions are here:

https://github.com/f...llenswordhelper

Sometimes you have to uninstall and reinstall Tampermonkey, no idea why.

#9 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2022 - 16:28

Please increase the newly released skills to at least 90 mins similar to Barricade which is also a transfer % buff.

Even longer would be great ( maybe a 120 min stretch? ) if you consider Nightmare Visage has a 1000 minute duration.

New buffs are greatly appreciated and welcomed to the game, but for their respective stam cost and short duration I don't feel they'll be used as frequent due to having to rebuff constantly every hour or so.

Gvgs run 24 hours, Pvp between 1 hour and 24/48 ( ladder) . Related Buffs should be created with that in mind.

Cheers~

Maeh

Edited by Maehdros, 20 April 2022 - 16:28.

#10 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 16:41

Already blocked Gambler since I only see that being used maliciously on opponents.

Screenshot everything!

#11 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2022 - 16:50

Hi all, 

Thank you for your feedback on this update thus far. We hear your concern about the duration of the new buffs and have taken note to review this. As for the Gambler buff, we thought it would be fun addition to combat and add a little risk to some combat situations. We understand that this might not be the most popular buff in the game, but we want to keep it in and see the feedback on it after some use. 

The PvP stamina hit preference is an app only addition. It was added to address the debate as to where to set the default. This was discussed on the previous app update forum. We hope this makes PvP combat smoother when using the app.

Thank you again for the feedback provided on this update, we look forward to hearing more as you experience the new additions.

~Conix

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 17:01

Thanks for the response, i have used this buff in the xmas box and it's strictly for memes. This buff has been in the game for years and there is a reason it was never used. If you are able to run a query to see how many times it has been used, it would be next to none.

Now that it is castable, like people said it will be used to greif. Not really any sort of strategy involved in it. There also is absolutely no counter play to it if they get lucky and triple a stat they needed. These types of buffs that have such massive impacts on PvP and PvE based purely on RNG is what people do not like. You may get a good laugh out of it at first, however from that point on not so much.

In regards to GvG which is already a nightmare, having gambler be a castable buff... Please help us now.

Edited by EpicPiety, 20 April 2022 - 17:03.

#13 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 17:12

alot of end of content players moaning about how much a skill cost and for how long. with extend and reinforce mage tower level 10. dont need long buffs just learn to log in more. and end on content players have loads of spare stam. 

#14 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 17:21

alot of end of content players moaning about how much a skill cost and for how long. with extend and reinforce mage tower level 10. dont need long buffs just learn to log in more. and end on content players have loads of spare stam. 

People have to sleep atleast 6 hours you know. Buff up, go to sleep and in 60-80 mins they are already off. Which creates situations of attacking defenseless people.

If they wanted us to login more, there wouldn't be such VAST cooldowns on various things. 1 hour to do a PvP hit 24-48H for ladder... i can go on.

If they will reduce the cooldown on all these things... sure okay then.

Move ladder to 6-12 hours, pvp hits to 15 minutes, so on and so forth... 0 complaints from me on duration then.

I don't fully understand your argument about "EOC" or "Max Stam", doesn't seem to correlate to buff duration. If anyone would be suffering it would be the new players without much max stam and not at EOC. Those players not able to cast it themselves will pay high premiums and very frequent.

Edited by EpicPiety, 20 April 2022 - 17:26.

#15 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 20 April 2022 - 17:27

+0.03% per point boost to Damage when an opponent hits you (Max 5)

180.png Avenger 0 / 150   +0.03% per point boost to Attack each time your opponent hits you (Max 5)

o.O

#16 IVANIDAS

IVANIDAS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 April 2022 - 17:35

You will be eoc soon, so does that mean you will moan too?

1XUAuwf.png

#17 moneypants

moneypants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 17:37

People have to sleep atleast 6 hours you know. Buff up, go to sleep and in 60-80 mins they are already off. Which creates situations of attacking defenseless people.

If they wanted us to login more, there wouldn't be such VAST cooldowns on various things. 1 hour to do a PvP hit 24-48H for ladder... i can go on.

If they will reduce the cooldown on all these things... sure okay then.

Move ladder to 6-12 hours, pvp hits to 15 minutes, so on and so forth... 0 complaints from me on duration then.

I don't fully understand your argument about "EOC" or "Max Stam", doesn't seem to correlate to buff duration. If anyone would be suffering it would be the new players without much max stam and not at EOC. Those players not able to cast it themselves will pay high premiums and very frequent.

new players cant cast them anyway lmao. and as for the ladder. dont need to control it for 24/7 like many do. thats why so many ladders are dead. 

Edited by moneypants, 20 April 2022 - 17:38.

#18 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 17:38

new players cant cast them anyway lmao. and as for the ladder. dont need to control it for 24/7 like many do. thats why so many ladders are dead. 

That is not the reason why ladders are dead (Might it be there is next to no incentive to join outside of a meaningless medal, might it be the insane pot power creep or might it be the ladder is outdated and unfun? List goes on.) and also i don't think you read the last part of my post. If you think ladder control needs to change through buffs falling off people and them becoming defenseless that sounds really boring. Ladder is already boring to begin with, that is even more mundane in my opinion. 

Ladder control should change through skilled play.

Edited by EpicPiety, 20 April 2022 - 17:47.

#19 basti7

basti7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 17:40

+0.03% per point boost to Damage when an opponent hits you (Max 5)
Avenger.jpg
But the "real" buff text says "boost to Attack".  :huh:

I agree that the duration is pretty low. 
And I only see the "Rage" Icons  :huh:

Maybe I am bourgeois but 17,5% for gambler looks insane. 

Edited by basti7, 20 April 2022 - 17:40.

#20 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 18:25

The PvP stamina hit preference is an app only addition. It was added to address the debate as to where to set the default. This was discussed on the previous app update forum. We hope this makes PvP combat smoother when using the app.

This is very disappointing to not be a feature for browser. Please implement this in the very near future.

Avenger.jpg
But the "real" buff text says "boost to Attack".  :huh:

I agree that the duration is pretty low. 
And I only see the "Rage" Icons  :huh:

Maybe I am bourgeois but 17,5% for gambler looks insane. 

Yeah, can we get some art for the new buffs on the World Screen? They are all showing as the Rage icon.

As for Gambler: this went straight to a blocked skill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: