65 replies to this topic

#21 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 27 June 2022 - 13:56

I'm fine with it either way at least they have some use now, but I wouldn't call it overpowered. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 27 June 2022 - 14:04.

#22 BigRedJ

BigRedJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 June 2022 - 15:09

@BigGrim,

These new epics are being advertised as being of limited supply....any truth in this rumor?

#23 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 27 June 2022 - 15:47

@BigGrim,
These new epics are being advertised as being of limited supply....any truth in this rumor?

The fs guide says there's 61 in the game, meaning 20 new epics can be made? ( besides whats already been made, not sure if inactive players holding any count to the total) I'm assuming that's what anyone means when they say limited.

#24 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2022 - 16:04

It's no like they're going away. It's just down to they're new, they require items that are hard to come by. That's all.

~ Grim

#25 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Canada

Posted 27 June 2022 - 21:50

I guess nobody read my posts, so I'll repeat what I wrote...

I never said that ALL epics should be considered with CoA/D, I was saying epics with the same name (I.E. the Hunted Cow Epics) should be allowed to get the bonus with CoA/D, since the Hunted Cow epics have the same name, they would be considered a set, but not given set bonuses, AND you would need to wear multiple Hunted Cow epics for CoA/D to work while wearing them (2 or 3 of them). Also, the Hunted Cow epics would need to be in a certain range of each other for CoA/D to work (I.E. +/- 100 levels, +/- 250 levels of each other).

I never once said epics in general should be considered with CoA/D. Not once.

Edited by vastilos, 27 June 2022 - 21:52.

#26 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 27 June 2022 - 22:43

That very well may make HCS epics far too good in that case.

#27 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 June 2022 - 01:09

Isn't there already a buff specifically tuned to each Epic item one is wearing?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#28 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 01:35

Isn't there already a buff specifically tuned to each Epic item one is wearing?

Invigorate, of course ;)

No to allowing Epics to work with COA/COD. It will make them way too strong once more buffed up epics are released.

In the meantime, we can all reminisce about how broken the Greater Flamedeer Antlers were (used to work with COA/COD buffs). :D

#29 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2022 - 09:29

Repost which does not answer the question I posited.

Instead of being snippy, please try answering my questions in a polite manner.

1. Doesn't the huge jump in points already allow that? They are extremely powerful now.

2. You may not have mentioned other Epics but other players would. What makes the Hunted Cow Epics so special? That they share a name? Some other items do too but aren't a set or part of the same set. That at the moment they're so scarce? That won't last. At the end of the day, they're not a set. They just come from the same creature drop.

I'm looking for information. Reposting what you said without answering the questions you post elicited is not constructive.

Cheers.

~ Grim

#30 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 13:02

I'm not too sure the stats and buffs, or the math behind it...Toreth and other are better calculation that stuff.

I was coming more from a point of view from Epic market itself, it would increase the demand for specific Epics that would fit specific setups for hunting or PvP.

I think the main problem would be for low level Epics, but for lvl 3000+ I don't think it would matter much.

#31 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 13:09

Instead of being snippy, please try answering my questions in a polite manner.

1. Doesn't the huge jump in points already allow that? They are extremely powerful now.

2. You may not have mentioned other Epics but other players would. What makes the Hunted Cow Epics so special? That they share a name? Some other items do too but aren't a set or part of the same set. That at the moment they're so scarce? That won't last. At the end of the day, they're not a set. They just come from the same creature drop.

I'm looking for information. Reposting what you said without answering the questions you post elicited is not constructive.

Cheers.

~ Grim

I'm not too sure the stats and buffs, or the math behind it...Toreth and other are better calculation that stuff.

I was coming more from a point of view from Epic market itself, it would increase the demand for specific Epics that would fit specific setups for hunting or PvP.

I think the main problem would be for low level Epics, but for lvl 3000+ I don't think it would matter much.

Toreths post was to add value to epics in arena and possibly GvG Defense to a degree (If you can call sitting in epics defense in GvG). Outside of that they will not be used.

They are a must use in epic enabled arenas. If arena could get some changes to be what it used to be in the past surely demand could pick up.

Unfortunately demand will never be back to what it was because of how invaluable stamina gain is. Realistically stats is the only other option outside of special enhancements.

Edited by EpicPiety, 28 June 2022 - 13:10.

#32 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2022 - 14:05

Outside of that they will not be used.

Why? We've MASSIVELY increased  the stats of these individual items. Like I said, I'm after info. A blanket statement like that with no reasoning does not help me, y'know?

~ Grim

#33 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 15:53

Why? We've MASSIVELY increased  the stats of these individual items. Like I said, I'm after info. A blanket statement like that with no reasoning does not help me, y'know?

~ Grim

Whoops mb, basically epics break certain buffs like COA/COD from working. You lose far more stats from lack of these buffs than the epics can provide. Therefore in a PvP Settings they will pretty much never be used (Atleast at higher levels).

Here are two screenshots with a stat disparity of approximately 60k stats in favor of the non epic setup. (I just swapped the filler piece out for a new HCS epic). It's an armor epic, but it doesn't matter if you get the total stats. I also calculated this with enchanted buff and invigorate.

Epic Filler item

9cStDTs.png

Non Epic
sOp987V.png

#34 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2022 - 16:55

Thank you. 

Now, if Epics DIDN'T switch off COA/COD, would that change this for you? I'd rather it not work with those buffs since we've now made the Epics MUCH more powerful.

~ Grim

#35 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 18:03

Thank you. 

Now, if Epics DIDN'T switch off COA/COD, would that change this for you? I'd rather it not work with those buffs since we've now made the Epics MUCH more powerful.

~ Grim

I suppose most of the problem would be if it was switched on for weapons. Cause then you also get EW which scales to 1700s buff level.

Edited by EpicPiety, 28 June 2022 - 18:04.

#36 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2022 - 18:09

to give these new epics use in the arena, arena needs to go to EOC, no?

#37 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 18:10

to give these new epics use in the arena, arena needs to go to EOC, no?

Also yes ;)

#38 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2022 - 08:42

I suppose most of the problem would be if it was switched on for weapons. Cause then you also get EW which scales to 1700s buff level.

So realistically having Epics not disable the COA/COD buffs would work?

~ Grim

#39 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 12:59

So realistically having Epics not disable the COA/COD buffs would work?

~ Grim

I would say mostly yes, but not enable it on weapons. EW1750 may possibly bridge the gap alone.

#40 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 13:19

I vote no to having epics work with COA.

If you have them work: only allow 1 epic to work with it. 2 or more epics will break COA. And don’t exclude any item slot, that gets confusing and isn’t new player friendly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: