BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 September 2022 - 09:39

Hi there.

There's no way to do that either. Not without coding time.

~ Grim

#22 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 12:31

Hi there.

There's no way to do that either. Not without coding time.

~ Grim

Add a little more like 1.2% more stats to (att/arm/def/dmg) while adding hp to cover the forging bonus loss.?

Otherwise its not necessary to add hp on every epic . just some

Edited by shindrak, 15 September 2022 - 12:32.

#23 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 13:04

edit 

Edited by EpicPiety, 15 September 2022 - 13:04.

#24 spartani

spartani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 22:51

Shindrak made a good point: nowadays, having arenas with epics, or without, is pretty much irrelevant. Its the same division of gameplay.

Only in very limited ranges they come in handy and they are not that decisive. Reasonable alternatives can be found amongst items of "lower" rarities.

The reworked epics are already very powerfull on their own, so Im expecting to see them being used way more in arenas than their ancestors.

How much more, I cannot say at this time. There are still not that many available to reach a conclusion on this.

Having some with HP would potentialize their use even more. They would be really perfect to be used as filler items.

If that would happen, then yes, arenas with epics would be on another different division, than arenas without epics.

I just have two concerns:

i.) That they would become so decisive, that arenas with epics would become like a small private club, just for players who can afford these new epics;

This concern, mixed with the fact that there are not that many arena players around, would not help in making arenas with epics a very active part of the game, neither attractive for anyone willing to try or begin playing in arenas;

ii.) That you Cows would start prioritazing Epics as ideal items to have just a bit of 100 HP.

Competion requires that, even in less powerfull items, there are alternatives for HP.

And by alternatives Im not thinking about 1000s of HP on a single item.

We have hundreds of those, all of them junk, not competitive and completely useless for any purposes of gameplay.

Lower ranges <1500 +/- have hundreds of items that have just a bit of HP. Items in all types, forms and rarities.

Those were the ideal ones for arenas and they are a great contribution to arena competiveness.

However, it seems that somewhere along the way you Cows forgot how to make more of them above level 1500 +/-, and all the HP we see above that range is either in 1000s HPs or as a set bonus.

If 100 HP would become an exclusivity of new/reworked epics, would be simply tragic.

#25 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 12:00

Shindrak made a good point: nowadays, having arenas with epics, or without, is pretty much irrelevant. Its the same division of gameplay.

Only in very limited ranges they come in handy and they are not that decisive. Reasonable alternatives can be found amongst items of "lower" rarities.

The reworked epics are already very powerfull on their own, so Im expecting to see them being used way more in arenas than their ancestors.

How much more, I cannot say at this time. There are still not that many available to reach a conclusion on this.

Having some with HP would potentialize their use even more. They would be really perfect to be used as filler items.

If that would happen, then yes, arenas with epics would be on another different division, than arenas without epics.

I just have two concerns:

i.) That they would become so decisive, that arenas with epics would become like a small private club, just for players who can afford these new epics;

This concern, mixed with the fact that there are not that many arena players around, would not help in making arenas with epics a very active part of the game, neither attractive for anyone willing to try or begin playing in arenas;

ii.) That you Cows would start prioritazing Epics as ideal items to have just a bit of 100 HP.

Competion requires that, even in less powerfull items, there are alternatives for HP.

And by alternatives Im not thinking about 1000s of HP on a single item.

We have hundreds of those, all of them junk, not competitive and completely useless for any purposes of gameplay.

Lower ranges <1500 +/- have hundreds of items that have just a bit of HP. Items in all types, forms and rarities.

Those were the ideal ones for arenas and they are a great contribution to arena competiveness.

However, it seems that somewhere along the way you Cows forgot how to make more of them above level 1500 +/-, and all the HP we see above that range is either in 1000s HPs or as a set bonus.

If 100 HP would become an exclusivity of new/reworked epics, would be simply tragic.

I understand your concerns.
but currently, the game is in a very easy state and all items are easy to obtain by everyone except maybe the "RP epics" since they are rare and expensive but we have other epics that cover this.

If someone is serious about playing Epics-allowed tourneys they will do titan hunting and SE hunting to obtain their own epics!

We already have a load of tourneys  about 40 non-epic and 40 with epic
 Maybe can suggest increasing non-epic tourneys to 60 while keeping 40 for epic tourneys.

As I said HP stat can be added to epics not necessary for all of them  " just some epics"

I like the part where you have to play other aspects to improve your main aspect!

This is good for game activity! I can notice this clearly more players hunting titans and more hunting SEs to get their revamped epics.

#26 werswet

werswet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 16:45

For me it"s no sense to add 100 HP to the new Epics especially for arena use, they are nice like they are, it was good game update, and no need to change anything there.

#27 werswet

werswet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 19:21

I mean players that want to take advantage, from this wonderful new game update, are not worth :)

#28 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 19:57

I mean players that want to take advantage, from this wonderful new game update, are not worth :)

There is no such advantage when you can earn the item or anyone can do it.

Whether 100 hp or not on epics nothing will change for me just wanted to add more value to the epics :)

Edited by shindrak, 16 September 2022 - 20:08.

#29 werswet

werswet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 05:12

Whether 100 hp or not on epics nothing will change for me just wanted to add more value to the epics smile.png

Than why are you asking 100 hp to be added to the new epic items ?" 

#30 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 10:26

Whether 100 hp or not on epics nothing will change for me just wanted to add more value to the epics smile.png

Than why are you asking 100 hp to be added to the new epic items ?" 

Read my post completely.

I feel you are not happy about something in-game and trying to flamebait clearly as you didn't post in forum for a while ;)

Nice try..

Edited by shindrak, 17 September 2022 - 10:28.

#31 basti7

basti7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 11:35

Just two suggestions:

- the new epics need animations

- why do you do not make epic-sets? Lower the stats, make 2 set-items and you will get boost from the buffs. Would be interesting for PvP. You get stam gain AND have a useful setup.

#32 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 September 2022 - 10:20

- why do you do not make epic-sets? Lower the stats, make 2 set-items and you will get boost from the buffs. Would be interesting for PvP. You get stam gain AND have a useful setup.

Because we have stated repeatedly that Epics are not getting sets. They were never meant to get sets. They are supposed to be stand alone items and we'll keep them as such.

~ Grim

#33 SoraXKairi

SoraXKairi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 September 2022 - 17:00

I like the update. The stamina gain increase means our players are able to make more stamina related activity in addition to stat increase. I would like to see this update expand to all other epics in the near future. Thank you BigGrim!

#34 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2022 - 11:22

I would like to see this update expand to all other epics in the near future. Thank you BigGrim!

That's the long term plan. There are a heck of a lot of epics, so this will be a slow roll out, but we'll get there.

Glad you like the update. :)

~ Grim

#35 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 12:34

Now that everyone has some info about the numbers regarding the reworked Epics, should we bring back to the table the discussion about making Epics do not disrupt CoA and CoD?

I honestly didn't have time to look at it properly, would it be way too overpowered?

#36 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 04 September 2023 - 21:04

Any plans on upgrading more of the old epics?

#37 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 September 2023 - 09:38

Nothing this year. See the Road Map thread.

~ Grim

#38 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 September 2023 - 14:13

The roadmap only goes to October.

#39 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators