Photo

competitive Guild Medals

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: GUILD MEDALS (98 member(s) have cast votes)

would this suggestion encourage you to aim for the medals / rewards?

1. Yes (78 votes [79.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.59%

2. No (20 votes [20.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:53

resetting the guild list sounds like a good idea but it would be way too beneficial for my guild and frankly would be very unfair for all those ancient guilds out there that worked so hard over the years. Very confused on what was exploited though HCS has claimed there has been no exploits to do with GXP. Everything is working as intended. Now is the system flawed? That's a whole new topic :P.

My resetting remark was aimed at OPs post/suggestion - not the current top guild lists.

What was abused is not the topic of this thread so I will not comment further on that, sorry.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#22 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:24

We've got tons of medals as it is. We've got a barely started acheiviment system. The medal system we have now is fine. Just because some players want to rack up more medals doesn't mean the game needs anymore than it has. (People wanting an OP advantage with medal buff?) Concentrate more on rounding out existing content, or finally working on untouched projects like Achievements or revamping/accelerating lower content for mobile launch.

Player profiles look like a North Korean general's uniform as is. Keep working on the content for mobile app. This is completely NOT needed. Cows have a lot more important work that will benefit the game long term than more medals.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#23 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:32

If any medals should be added, just a gvg medal for X wins. 

Guild Achievements should be expanded to probably 10 or 15 things we can work as a group to achieve. I do like some of the suggestions in the OP but they should be achievements not medals. the cows are never going to accept guild medals ... that is why we have achievements in the first place. BG has stated as such dozens of times as well.

It seems the development team's focus right now is adding more content, keeping up with semi regular weekend events, and making sure the game runs smoothly. I can't say that is a bad priority list but we do need to PUSH the cows to go beyond that a little. It shouldn't take all their time to do those 3 things.

How about an expected release date for mobile? or more updates on that? Also, what ever happened to the epic quests that were suppose to be continued? 

Edited by Windbattle, 06 February 2016 - 09:34.

#24 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 20:02

I do think the bit about guilds growing in size, and hence members risking loosing their medal etc is complicating the matter. I get the thoughts about ppl trying to abuse it, but on the other hand, if I earn a medal under a given ruleset - why should I lose that medal again, just because someone else gets a different ruleset? And also, most likely too complicated for the moo moos to code ;-)

^^ Confused on why your so salty about GXP after writing this? Anyways i would like to see more guild achievements for sure...Maybe guild medals? Who knows. I've been lacking a lot of challenge in FS lately and have been struggling to find it. Imagine a lot of players feel the same way as me.

#25 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 21:56

I'm with Gutie on this one, I really am. 

I also don't care for the idea of a floating medal and prefer those that once accomplished, the  player or guild gets to keep it.

#26 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:22

All I can really say at this point is to thank mary for her idea. I'd also like to thank everybody for their input here. 

It's really refreshing to see people throwing out ideas and my personal read is that people have actually taken the time to think about this post. 

There are things I agree with and things I don't. But even in the latter case, I'm really pleased with almost everything I've read. I wish most threads could go this way. (o0

#27 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:10

https://forums.hunte...ished-business/

#28 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:31

♥ I want to thank everyone who voted & for keeping it civil, really appreciate it, thanks ♥

some INFO:

• it has already been explained why it is "better" to have GUILD MEDALS instead of achievements (https://forums.hunte...ls/#entry957950)
  • GUILD medals will NOT be viewed under the PLAYER profile, GUILD medals will be viewed under the GUILD section (above / under) guild achievements !!!
  • the skill PRIDE works ONLY on PLAYER medals, NOT on GUILD medals or achievements !!!

the main idea behind the GUILD medals is to encourage participation in the "biggest" (IMO) game aspects in the game (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan hunting & Global Events)

remember the increased activity when new MEDALS were introduced

just to count a few: Global Quest, Fragmenter, Artisan, Team Player, Guild Bolster, ...... Medals smile.png

again,

♥ I want to thank everyone who voted & for keeping it civil, really appreciate it, thanks ♥

Edited by mary4ever, 10 February 2016 - 05:41.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#29 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:37

some INFO:

• it has already been explained why it is "better" to have GUILD MEDALS instead of achievements (https://forums.hunte...ls/#entry957950)
  • GUILD medals will NOT be viewed under the PLAYER profile, GUILD medals will be viewed under the GUILD section (above / under) guild achievements !!!
  • the skill PRIDE works ONLY on PLAYER medals, NOT on GUILD medals or achievements !!!

the main idea behind the GUILD medals is to encourage participation in the "biggest" (IMO) game aspects in the game (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan hunting & Global Events)

remember the increased activity when new MEDALS were introduced

just to count a few: Global Quest, Fragmenter, Artisan, Team Player, Guild Bolster, ...... Medals smile.png

again,

Not that i think its a bad idea by any means but i think there are plenty of more urgent things to fix before we add more things :P. Maybe put it on the back burner until everything is worked out.

#30 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:03

I initially voted no to this, then after thinking about it a little I removed my vote as I hadn't really given it enough thought. I don't really know what to think about it if I'm honest. Since most of the ideas in it wouldn't affect me in the slightest I guess my opinion isn't really that important anyway.

I do tend to echo EP's sentiment about FS needing a lot of more important things to be done first though.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#31 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:15

I initially voted no to this, then after thinking about it a little I removed my vote as I hadn't really given it enough thought. I don't really know what to think about it if I'm honest. Since most of the ideas in it wouldn't affect me in the slightest I guess my opinion isn't really that important anyway.

I do tend to echo EP's sentiment about FS needing a lot of more important things to be done first though.

I think the problem is we are fast to pick up and move onto another thing...Leaving the things we add along the way not finished :P.

#32 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:26

We have far greater priorities to the game than giving a small group of players more medals. Further, no it has not been explains why it is better, just an opinion that certain players will benefit from. I myself would benefit from these.

This is a waste of time and effort on the part of HCS, given how many other things that should be improved in this game to entice more players to join and STAY. Priority should be given to improving the early game content, and items that all players benefit from, not more medals.

Achievement system should be expanded for Guild related items for an overall challenge, not freebie boosts for a handful of guild. 

Does anyone realize how much coding would be required in order to do this? This is an absurd amount of coding, which is almost exclusively benefit the top guilds (my own included). This is more handouts to those of us at or towards the top who are active to gain from. I don't see the justification of more bonuses for us.

As even with the top 10 resetting for this each day, we all know about 6-8 of those will likely be the same ones each day. Thus giving them an edge or additional benefit beyond what they already are, furthering the gap.

Finish other game content and improve ways to retain new players before adding more fluff for a handful of people who are "bored"

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#33 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:57

We have far greater priorities to the game than giving a small group of players more medals.

bro, at moment we having 80% for wanting this medals, 80% is not small group of players, 20% is small group of players (this from voting poll)

Further, no it has not been explains why it is better, just an opinion that certain players will benefit from. I myself would benefit from these.

medals giving more activity and if medals giving reward too then more activity

I knowing many players who hating pvp or arena but they doing pvp ladder, bounty board and arena because they wanting getting medal

I knowing many players who spending many FSPS for getting top 10 month or top 100 or top 1 player only for getting medal

would many players spending many FSPS for getting into top 10 month or top 100 or top 1 player if there was no medal? I thinking no because it not logic

for super elite I sawing friends starting hunting for only getting medal

when HCS putting pride skill I knowing many players starting getting medals for increasing potion durationing, this increasing activity of game aspects

this here good idea for activity of game aspects and hoping hoofmaster will reading this forum postings

Edited by kitobas, 14 February 2016 - 03:59.

#34 LemmyKilms

LemmyKilms

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2016 - 20:03

How is guild size determined?  Available slots, active members?  We have several retired members that were integrale in the formation and / or  rebuilding of the guild.  As a sign of appreciation for their loyalty to the guild,  they haven't, by choice of course, been  kicked from the guild.  Others use the game as a means to pop into the game every few months to catch up on one another's lives.  A few of those were shocked that they were still in the guild and are playing the game again because they were still in the guild.  They would otherwise have lost total interest and never returned again (some have a tough time meeting new people and want to be around those that they have already formed a bond, Marios and ownageking being 2 of them).  And then there are a few that are simply held onto as mules.  If the retired people are excluded from counting as members, others may try to abuse the exclusion and rerank their mules. 

And as to size, a guild w/ fewer members that are scattered across the globe can't coordinate simultaneous actions such as titans and GvG's.  And if rewards that add to their abillities to beat on other guilds, or in PvP, making it easier to defeat those that can't already defend themselves due to overly powerful gear and buffs / potions for the GvG'ers / PvP'ers, you take the chance of disenchanting those that are already at a disadvantage.  They too spend money on the game for epics and Max Stam, Stam Gain, etc.  Should Mary's suggestions be implemented, please keep possible negetive results in mind.

Edited by LemmyKilms, 17 February 2016 - 20:12.

#35 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 18:22

How is guild size determined?  Available slots, active members?  We have several retired members that were integrale in the formation and / or  rebuilding of the guild.  As a sign of appreciation for their loyalty to the guild,  they haven't, by choice of course, been  kicked from the guild.  Others use the game as a means to pop into the game every few months to catch up on one another's lives.  A few of those were shocked that they were still in the guild and are playing the game again because they were still in the guild.  They would otherwise have lost total interest and never returned again (some have a tough time meeting new people and want to be around those that they have already formed a bond, Marios and ownageking being 2 of them).  And then there are a few that are simply held onto as mules.  If the retired people are excluded from counting as members, others may try to abuse the exclusion and rerank their mules. 

I liked this post from kit a lot:

For this idea to happen, and have an impact on the game though, it requires for the cows to pick up the idea now, and work with it - without trying to listen to everyone. There are always someone so outspoken and loud, that they manage to get any and every idea perverted into something it was not meant to be. This is an idea in the rough, and the cows should do the rest - not the community. If the cows need to reflect thoughts on the concept, they can bounce 'em of OP.

I mentioned couple times in my OP that: !!! FORMULA is up to HCS to decide !!!

how the "guild size" is determined is up to HCS to decide !!!

maybe they will make it just like how the guild "relic cost" works, the more total members (NOT available member slots) you have the more gold is required for the relic upkeep (per hour) !!! it is HCS decision what they will do !!!

And as to size, a guild w/ fewer members that are scattered across the globe can't coordinate simultaneous actions such as titans and GvG's.

I had the pleasure & honor to be the founder of a small guild which was mainly focused on GvG + we had some titan hunters too !!!

we kicked a$$ in GvG & we as a small guild had a huge advantage against big guilds !!! my guild mates were scattered across the globe too which gave us an even greater advantage because it increased our chance for a member to be online (while the others went to bed / work / ...) in order to buff the rest against incoming attacks !!! ;)

as for titan hunting my suggestion works for TKP so it does "not really matter" if you get the secure or not , TKP are allocated here because the difference in TKP from 1st to 2nd place will be minimal !!! :D

• Titan Hunting: get X numbers of TKPs

=> Encourage players to go for TKPs too (not mainly secures)

And if rewards that add to their abillities to beat on other guilds, or in PvP, making it easier to defeat those that can't already defend themselves due to overly powerful gear and buffs / potions for the GvG'ers / PvP'ers, you take the chance of disenchanting those that are already at a disadvantage.  They too spend money on the game for epics and Max Stam, Stam Gain, etc.  Should Mary's suggestions be implemented, please keep possible negetive results in mind.

these are the REWARDS I mentioned in my OP:

• BRONZE: +250 MAX STAM
  • SILVER: +1% duration to skills cast
  • GOLD: +1 stam gain per hour
  • CRYSTAL: +1% duration to potions
  • RUBY: +100 XP gain per hour
  • DIAMOND: +1 stam gain per hour

I just posted an EXAMPLE !!! REWARDS are for HCS to decide in the END: REWARDS that will encourage players to participate !!!

as you can see the REWARDS do NOT affect any of the stats (attack, defense, HP, armor, damage) !!!

a guild with ALL medals will still have the same stats (attack, defense, HP, armor, damage) they had with ZERO medals !!!

STATS do NOT increase or decrease due to the # of medals a guild has !!! :)

#36 Fanbob

Fanbob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 February 2016 - 13:21

I love this idea, it brings back the want to play the game that I feel has been low over the last couple years

Fanbobsig.png

#37 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 16:09

K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) is an acronym that fits in perfectly here. Sure, this idea has merit, but we could easily fit this into the achievements sector with a good target to reach for each of them with a one-time reward for achieving it.

Formulas that have factors change every time a member leaves? NO. This would be much simpler to have a goal reached, an achievement achieved, and a nice little reward for each member. A + B = C, don't make it some complicated calculus formula!

Guild Achievements should be expanded to probably 10 or 15 things we can work as a group to achieve. I do like some of the suggestions in the OP but they should be achievements not medals.

As stated here, we should have 10-15 achievements to work toward as a guild rather than 4 achievements here, 6 medals there, and whatever else comes along the road that could also easily be added to the achievements category.

#38 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 17:02

K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) is an acronym that fits in perfectly here. Sure, this idea has merit, but we could easily fit this into the achievements sector with a good target to reach for each of them with a one-time reward for achieving it.

and that is the "issue", as you said ACHIEVEMNTS are a ONE-TIME thing !!!

MEDALS on the other hand can be achieved "multiple" times (tiers) which are IMO better suited !!!

please read this post: https://forums.hunte...ls/#entry957950

Formulas that have factors change every time a member leaves? NO. This would be much simpler to have a goal reached, an achievement achieved, and a nice little reward for each member. A + B = C, don't make it some complicated calculus formula!

https://forums.hunte...ls/#entry957884

if after the IMPLEMENTATION a guild decides to kick members then the required X numbers will stay & NOT be lowered !!!

if after the IMPLEMENTATION a guild gets more members then the required X numbers will NOT stay & be increased (the guild might lose the guild medal until they have enough required X numbers for the # of "current" members in their guild)

this is to COUNTER EXPLOIT !!!

once the code has been written the X numbers will be automatically updated & viewed for each guild

I do not think it is complicated at all wink.png

#39 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 18:20

Achievement = reward.

Medal = no reward.

If you want rewards for playing aspects of the game, make these suggestions into achievements where there is a large objective for the guild to work together towards. If you want to give medals to guilds, by all means do suggest it, but leave rewards out of it because if we give rewards to medals there, I can guarantee you that someone is going to demand that rewards be allocated to the medals that we achieve personally.

Regarding this ridiculous equation: K.I.S.S! Have one target and one reward per achievement per guild.

I do not think it is complicated at all wink.png

#40 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 19:19

Achievement = reward.

Medal = no reward.

If you want rewards for playing aspects of the game, make these suggestions into achievements where there is a large objective for the guild to work together towards. If you want to give medals to guilds, by all means do suggest it, but leave rewards out of it because if we give rewards to medals there, I can guarantee you that someone is going to demand that rewards be allocated to the medals that we achieve personally.

Regarding this ridiculous equation: K.I.S.S! Have one target and one reward per achievement per guild.

"Player" Medal = no reward is not necessarily true since the implementation of the PRIDE skill !!!

PRIDE = +0.5 seconds per point multiplied by the number of medals you have increase in duration of any potions taken while this skill is active. (Note the multiplier increases based on the quality of the medal. Bronze +1, Silver +1.2, Gold +1.4, Crystal +1.6, Ruby +1.8 and Diamond +2)

since the implementation of the PRIDE skill I started working on getting NEW MEDALS (Treasure Hunter Medal, Fragmenter Medal, ....) + increasing the "tier" of my current Medals so that PRIDE will have a greater "effect" !!!

I got many messages from members & friends to help them get a MEDAL even though they were not interested in playing that game style at all !!!

while I was on the PvP ladder I encountered many players who only joined to get their PvP medal, some of them had a deep "grudge" towards PvP but nevertheless participated in the game aspect they would otherwise "never" have played !!!

I am sure I am not the only one who had this kinda encounter

so yes, I strongly believe that MEDALS will lead to a higher activity / encourage players to participate in "different" game aspects, in some cases even game aspects those players would have otherwise not joined !!!

I really do understand you & your viewpoint on achievements but from my personal experience I think MEDALS will have a greater "impact" / encouragement than the achievements !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: