Photo

competitive Guild Medals

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: GUILD MEDALS (98 member(s) have cast votes)

would this suggestion encourage you to aim for the medals / rewards?

1. Yes (78 votes [79.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.59%

2. No (20 votes [20.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2016 - 19:35

Personally, I'm of the opinion that rewards (and achievements) should carry NO reward other than the pixels on your profile / your guild page - and the new PRIDE boost that the medals give you.

Adding rewards to things just increases the chance of collusion and sullies the game even further IMO

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#42 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 19:38

"Player" Medal = no reward is not necessarily true since the implementation of the PRIDE skill !!!

PRIDE = +0.5 seconds per point multiplied by the number of medals you have increase in duration of any potions taken while this skill is active. (Note the multiplier increases based on the quality of the medal. Bronze +1, Silver +1.2, Gold +1.4, Crystal +1.6, Ruby +1.8 and Diamond +2)

since the implementation of the PRIDE skill I started working on getting NEW MEDALS (Treasure Hunter Medal, Fragmenter Medal, ....) + increasing the "tier" of my current Medals so that PRIDE will have a greater "effect" !!!

I got many messages from members & friends to help them get a MEDAL even though they were not interested in playing that game style at all !!!

while I was on the PvP ladder I encountered many players who only joined to get their PvP medal, some of them had a deep "grudge" towards PvP but nevertheless participated in the game aspect they would otherwise "never" have played !!!

I am sure I am not the only one who had this kinda encounter

so yes, I strongly believe that MEDALS will lead to a higher activity / encourage players to participate in "different" game aspects, in some cases even game aspects those players would have otherwise not joined !!!

I really do understand you & your viewpoint on achievements but from my personal experience I think MEDALS will have a greater "impact" / encouragement than the achievements !!!

There is something that I can work with. I would agree with having these medals added if they didn't give the reward structure you stated in your opening post. These medals could then be included somehow with the Pride skill and to add on we could have a Pride guild structure that also boosted that skill or the stats from guild medals or whatever. Just as long as there is no other reward added.

#43 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 21:29

Personally, I'm of the opinion that rewards (and achievements) should carry NO reward other than the pixels on your profile / your guild page - and the new PRIDE boost that the medals give you.

Adding rewards to things just increases the chance of collusion and sullies the game even further IMO

IF there is any collusion then it is NOT "directly" from the OP suggestion BUT from the different game styles (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting & Global Event) !!!

btw Pardoux, do you mind explaining in detail what you mean by "collusion and sullies the game even further"?

There is something that I can work with. I would agree with having these medals added if they didn't give the reward structure you stated in your opening post. These medals could then be included somehow with the Pride skill and to add on we could have a Pride guild structure that also boosted that skill or the stats from guild medals or whatever. Just as long as there is no other reward added.

smile.png

from my OP post: https://forums.hunte...ls/#entry957786

I just posted an EXAMPLE !!! REWARDS are for HCS to decide in the END: REWARDS that will encourage players to participate !!!

REWARDS are for HCS to decide in the END, they might go with my suggestion, come up with their own or maybe non at all, it will be their decision !!!

this suggestions goal is to mainly increase / encourage competition through the various game aspects in the game (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting & Global Event) & if the GUILD MEDALS + the REWARDS which will be unlocked upon achieving a "tier" through participation can achieve that goal then why not smile.png

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#44 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2016 - 21:58

IF there is any collusion then it is NOT "directly" from the OP suggestion BUT from the different game styles (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting & Global Event) !!!

btw Pardoux, do you mind explaining in detail what you mean by "collusion and sullies the game even further"?

You're reading something into my post that isn't there Mary.

All I'm saying is that if there are rewards, then some players will "cheat / collude / whatever" to achieve them. And, from that, the game becomes sullied (not that there's much integrity left in the game lately, unfortunately)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#45 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 22:38

You're reading something into my post that isn't there Mary.

All I'm saying is that if there are rewards, then some players will "cheat / collude / whatever" to achieve them. And, from that, the game becomes sullied (not that there's much integrity left in the game lately, unfortunately)

all my OP suggestion does is encourage competition / increase participation in the already EXISTING game styles (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting & Global Event) !!!

IF like you said players will "cheat / collude / whatever" to achieve them then does not it mean that they can already do that in the already EXISTING game styles (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting & Global Event) because of the current game mechanics we have and NOT because of my OP suggestion?

#46 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2016 - 22:50

It WILL encourage competition - it MAY increase participation but ... what you seem to be blinkered against is that by adding rewards, you add more of an incentive for players to cheat to achieve them.

Sorry you don't like my opinion, but there you go.

IMO, rewards should never be part of medals, period.

#47 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 22:55

It WILL encourage competition - it MAY increase participation but ... what you seem to be blinkered against is that by adding rewards, you add more of an incentive for players to cheat to achieve them.

Sorry you don't like my opinion, but there you go.

IMO, rewards should never be part of medals, period.

so you mean if there were NO REWARDS then there will be NO cheating / colluding?

#48 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2016 - 23:02

so you mean if there were NO REWARDS then there will be NO cheating / colluding?

Did you read the bit that I highlighted and underscored at all ?

If I'd have meant No Rewards = No Cheating, I'd have said that by adding rewards it would have encouraged cheating, not MORE cheating (I'll add colour this time, so you can SEE the emphasis) ;)

#49 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 23:28

is my OP suggestion CREATING cheating / colluding?

(YES or NO & if you give an explaination then PLEASE try to keep it simple !!!)

honestly I do not know if I am not understanding what you mean because english is not my 1st language ("command of english") or because your answers are "vague" :mellow:

Edited by mary4ever, 25 February 2016 - 23:29.

#50 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 00:24

is my OP suggestion CREATING cheating / colluding?

(YES or NO & if you give an explaination then PLEASE try to keep it simple !!!)

honestly I do not know if I am not understanding what you mean because english is not my 1st language ("command of english") or because your answers are "vague" :mellow:

Directly ? - No, Indirectly - Probably, Yes

But, that's down to players, not the suggestion directly.

I just feel that the ONLY reward a medal needs is the creation of the pixels on your profile.

Let me put it another way ...

Some people would cheat to win $5, more people would cheat to win $500 and even more would cheat to win $500,000 - assuming that they would have little to no chance of being detected doing so.

Does that explain it better ?

#51 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 00:47

Directly ? - No, Indirectly - Probably, Yes

But, that's down to players, not the suggestion directly.

I just feel that the ONLY reward a medal needs is the creation of the pixels on your profile.

Let me put it another way ...

Some people would cheat to win $5, more people would cheat to win $500 and even more would cheat to win $500,000 - assuming that they would have little to no chance of being detected doing so.

Does that explain it better ?

just to be sure that I understood you:

cheating / colluding might happen in the already EXISTING game styles (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting & Global Event) !!!

since my OP suggestion might increase the activity of those game styles (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting & Global Event) it might also increase the already EXISTING cheating / colluding even more !!!

did I understand it correctly what you meant?

#52 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:20

cheating / colluding might happen in the already EXISTING game styles (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting & Global Event) !!!

MIGHT ? - Does - I've reported cheating by players in the past.

since my OP suggestion might increase the activity of those game styles (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting & Global Event) it might also increase the already EXISTING cheating / colluding even more !!!

Exactly - the game needs less incentive to cheat, not more

#53 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:07

MIGHT ? - Does - I've reported cheating by players in the past.

Exactly - the game needs less incentive to cheat, not more

if it is against cheating then you know that you will find an ally in me, those who know me know that I detest scripters & have shown it many times in my forum posts & am one of those who keeps pushing to get rid of the remaining scripters, HCS have done a good job in getting rid of some & I am very thankful to them !!!

HCS & the game is currently looking to get NEW BLOOD + increase "activity" !!!

IF we followed your "logic" that if we increase the activity of any of the game styles (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting & Global Event) that we will automatically increase the "cheating" too then HCS would NOT had released any NEW REWARDS [GvG epics, PvP Ladder Pots, Arena Items, (Seasonal) Titan Epics & Global (Frag) Chests] or GAME UPDATES to any of these game styles (GvG, PvP, Arena, Titan Hunting & Global Event) + the "more" NEW PLAYERS we get => the "more" players to be incentivated to cheat !!!

IMO to help the game we as a community can mainly help out with "ideas" to increase "activity" + if we suspect scripters to report them & leave the "investigation" / "judgement" to HCS !!!

again, I am on your side against scripters BUT in the meantime we need ideas / sollutions to increase "activity" in the game & if this OP suggestion can achieve that goal then why not :)

#54 Elincia

Elincia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:57

I think we need a player top 100 medal for the month and year that you join, if you are in the top 100 you should get a medal, it's very hard to get a top 10 medal.

#55 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 13:46

I think we need a player top 100 medal for the month and year that you join, if you are in the top 100 you should get a medal, it's very hard to get a top 10 medal.

Goes to show it's a good medal... "it's very hard"

#56 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 20:18

Like the idea Mary, anything that encourages people to venture into other aspects of the game they wouldn't ordinarily play is a positive to me. And both the medals and potential rewards are enough to encourage many to do just that. 

As long as these hypothetical rewards HCS may implement are not too overpowered. Extra stamina gain per hour is a great incentive but perhaps bordering on overpowered as a reward. Just my opinion though.

+1 and a yes vote from me. :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: