28 replies to this topic

#1 BalianRW

BalianRW

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 21:37

It used to be that the "Video Rewards" were, well, videos. Now most of them are "Sign up for x", or click "y", etc. Can we please get rid of the video rewards that aren't videos.

#2 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 21:49

It used to be that the "Video Rewards" were, well, videos. Now most of them are "Sign up for x", or click "y", etc. Can we please get rid of the video rewards that aren't videos.

LOl i noticed that as well. not sure what happened there but yeah they Deff need to sorted out to where they belong as they are not videos at all

#3 gvderzee

gvderzee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 July 2012 - 23:22

It is also puzzling that so many of the video rewards are for signing up for different games.

#4 zeder

zeder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 July 2012 - 20:41

It is also puzzling that so many of the video rewards are for signing up for different games.

I have proof!!!! I for one am getting tired of NON VIDEO'S in the Video rewards area.!!!!
Posted Image

ZederGift_zpsa47e7c25.png by Chagryn

#5 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 20:57

along with netflix and some other BS garbage. these are the ones I seen in there lately in video rewards.

Earn 250 Fallen Sword Shards!

Monopoly
Earn 125 Fallen Sword Shards!

Battleship
Earn 125 Fallen Sword Shards!

LaLaLoot
Earn 100 Fallen Sword Shards!

CashDazzle
Earn 100 Fallen Sword Shards!

there were some other ones but don't see those as of yet

#6 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:20

Also in the video rewards are things that open a new window and try to redirect to facebook. I have blocked (yes voluntarily on my own network) facebook, so I don't know what they're trying to open there, but the video rewards should stay on the page and open the video, not try to redirect me to facebook. I know that HCS doesn't have control over these exactly, but they can perhaps make sure that the companies they're doing their advertising exchanges with aren't trying to trick us into something. Equally suspicious are the ones that are to download things like anti-virus programs from sites other than the real site of that software company.

#7 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 23:28

I've quit video rewards. They almost never pay out and many require some kind of social media link. No thanks. I agree, too, that the games and sign-ups in the video sections is "dirty pool". They should not be there and it is disingenuous simply that they are. I understand it's not necessarily the Cows' fault.

The rewards need a refresh, methinks.

#8 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:53

I wish I could see what you're referring to, however, here in Canada we are left without any videos whatsoever (unless it's hockey playoffs-and it ain't)
DP
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#9 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2012 - 15:26

We're going to look into this :)

#10 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2012 - 15:37

It should only be showing videos now - if you still see any other offers there now please let us know :)

#11 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 23:29

Just looked at the "updated" Matomy awards and the first two "videos" I tried immediately opened a new window and asked me to link to some social media site. I have no idea if there ARE videos to watch there, eventually, but it's not going to get me to find out.

The first "video" is still a sign-up for a game. Should be easy to investigate.

As for the Supersonic video I watched it about 6 times in the past and it never once paid out. I've cleared the cache, I've tried on a couple of devices. Maybe it just doesn't like me, but I'm done with IT, too.

#12 gvderzee

gvderzee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2012 - 00:11

The first Matomy video requires a download.

Posted Image

#13 BalianRW

BalianRW

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:22

And all the others redirect you a 3rd party site, which shouldn't be allowed/required.

#14 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2012 - 16:35

any chance you could see about getting more videos in general? seems to be slowing down as of late ..

Used to get a ton .. in the USA

#15 zeder

zeder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:36

any chance you could see about getting more videos in general? seems to be slowing down as of late ..

Used to get a ton .. in the USA

I'm in the upper middle USA (Minnesota) and I never seam to get videos anymore, just 3rd party ads for other games & downloads.

#16 Ariane1

Ariane1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 23:13

I've just been in the Matomy rewards. Underthe Video tab there is still one which requires you to make a download as well as watch a video, and one that appears to be just a smiley download. Then there are six where the mouseover says "Check out this great video on Via Me". Clicking on these takes you through to a third party site, and wants to connect to your Facebook account. I just tried one to see what would happen and the connection timed out. I don't think any of the above offers properly belong under the video tab.

#17 fs_icefira

fs_icefira
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:02

i noticed that too that via me thing it wants u to sign up for is just irritating, i dislike facebook and im not going to log in just for rewards, and the matomy rewards barely pay out and most of its viruses, i pay for dots sometimes but i also do rewards, and ps i hate the surveys, click on one *15 min later* we could find a survey for you try again. *facepalm*

#18 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 July 2012 - 23:29

matomy in general has you sign in with facebook (on recent supposedly videos) ... then there is usually never a video there ... could you ask thme to look into it? or shut those type down? thanks.

Yep, surveys are a big time waster and they usually tell you your not qualified in the middle. most people lie on them anyways, biggest joke ever ..

#19 fs_icefira

fs_icefira
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:52

and yesterday the video rewards wouldn't load the video, so i clinked next same one came up and wouldn't load, click next over and over, it was the same video that wouldn't load then it says sorry we are all out of videos...

#20 zeder

zeder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 July 2012 - 17:51

i noticed that too that via me thing it wants u to sign up for is just irritating, i dislike facebook and im not going to log in just for rewards, and the matomy rewards barely pay out and most of its viruses, i pay for dots sometimes but i also do rewards, and ps i hate the surveys, click on one *15 min later* we could find a survey for you try again. *facepalm*

While I do like face book, I don't want to log into it when I am playing this game. When I am playing FS that is where I want to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: