130 replies to this topic

#21 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:38

For a tournament I agree , we should be limited on how many we could join to be fair. However  limiting the number of arena and to what levels you could join , dont agree with this , Like malphas said ..its a slow go .. arena is so slow ..Playing arena is why I have stuck with this game so long. Its the only part of the game I play while I wait to level. I know I am  not alone.

How about they have a parallel arena ( universe) which is basically a practice ground. Its free or next to nothing to  play and anyone with over 100-150 wins can not play and probably will not want to as you win nothing.  And the wins in this arena should not count toward the medal. I think that would be fair to all and get people some confidence.

..And much respect to you Brice. You have got the better of me most my arena life :)

Edited by bloody18, 11 April 2014 - 06:46.

#22 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:17

For a tournament I agree , we should be limited on how many we could join to be fair. However limiting the number of arena and to what levels you could join , dont agree with this , Like malphas said ..its a slow go .. arena is so slow ..Playing arena is why I have stuck with this game so long. Its the only part of the game I play while I wait to level. I know I am not alone.

How about they have a parallel arena ( universe) which is basically a practice ground. Its free or next to nothing to play and anyone with over 100-150 wins can not play and probably will not want to as you win nothing. And the wins in this arena should not count toward the medal. I think that would be fair to all and get people some confidence.

..And much respect to you Brice. You have got the better of me most my arena life :)

Hi Bloody!! Thanks for the response :) and see that's why I went by wins on this part of my suggestions rather than levels...that way you still had random lvlArenas in each field, but the higher wins better rewards kind of thing, and as Volcom was saying "could lower win players enter higher win Arenas?" Sure I think so...this way the Arena would keep moving, but not sure if something like this could work...BUT the 72 hour tourney I think would be really neat! And bring more players into it...heck even if all the Arenas in the tourney were to be non-epic,no combat move Arenas to even out the playing field even more!!! Ha!!!just a quick thought :)

Edited by Brice, 11 April 2014 - 12:19.

#23 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 15:58

I am open for all ideas on how to modify my suggestions...in response to Volcom and Malphas...maybe lower win players have the freedom to join any of the higher level tourneys just to be able to keep the Arena moving... This was the main reason Why I posted this was to entice more players to get involved with the Arena because for the last year it does take forever for tourneys to fill up and new ones to spawn, and with a token system implemented not only does the winner receive tokens but the runner up get some too(a great idea from a past posting). By all means all opinions are valued on this topic regardless if they are positive or negative :)

+1..this is better..i suggested something like what you came up with before..the arena masters shot it down in flames..they cannot give up thier win button...but all prizes should be available for all...beginners should be able to play for a great pot also..if a beginner were to win just 1 great pot, they would be hooked...we need more to get hooked..

#24 robinhood2

robinhood2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 16:06

I happen to like the idea of a token system and believe it would help give the arena a jump start.However i dont agree with lower wins players not being able to join higher win arenas,as they have a chance at winning as well.Something needs to be done to make the arena better, even if they came out with new resource/quest items and recipes,as the items we can make from arena today are not worth jack lol and i know i would join even more arenas if i had the chance to get new recipes/resources for gear/potions :)  

#25 Command101

Command101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2014 - 17:56

As long as there are no restricstions to what level arena's I can join I'm happy.

PM me in game if I get out bid on a piece. Thanks.Thaisetqb1_zpsiu932q47.png

#26 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2014 - 20:42

1) Splendid idea of earning character upgrades with arena wins. The exchange rate of wins/ upgrades can be ironed out.

2) I think bracketing the arena has already happened. i.e. novice area. Further bracketing will put the nail in the coffin of an already encumbered arena.

3) An arena event/ championship tournament is an exciting idea!

4) Include the arena token idea made by shindrak for further improving the arena.

I'll see to it that the lubricant is included with the barrels next time.

#27 ritorno11

ritorno11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 21:37

Good  brainchild, However, by calculating 45 moves + 100 for new rank

#28 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:14

1) Splendid idea of earning character upgrades with arena wins. The exchange rate of wins/ upgrades can be ironed out.
2) I think bracketing the arena has already happened. i.e. novice area. Further bracketing will put the nail in the coffin of an already encumbered arena.
3) An arena event/ championship tournament is an exciting idea!
4) Include the arena token idea made by shindrak for further improving the arena.

I'll see to it that the lubricant is included with the barrels next time.

Very pleased to have your opinion posted buddy :) and the win bracket system is a little sketchy ...the last thing I want to do is put the final nail in the Arena coffin, but how about making or adding Arenas to a full novice bracket lets say 100 wins or less??? Maybe this way it gives them more time to figure out setups,combat moves etc...but YES for sure on 3and 4 just trying to figure something more out for the novice level

#29 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:19

Well 46 wins is max on Novice as is now because it i only for Moves that is if I counted right....... But yes would be nice to see some lower cost arenas.. Say maybe for the tokens or even some low level armor and gear sets...

Edited by Shylark57, 12 April 2014 - 03:22.

#30 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:27

I really like the idea here Brice - I think the potential to use tokens as character upgrades & making proficiency tiers will really add life to arena -sure the advanced tiers may move more slowly to start with - the buzzing population this idea would bring into the arena will take some time to get there - but they will -so this is one idea that I think gets better with age.  So hurry HCS - get this ship sailing - great idea

#31 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:28

Just recently giving some go at the Arena aspect of this game. I’m must admit every win feel like achievement compare to other area of game nowadays. Especially when only have very narrow Equip Lvl range to play with and no EPIC / Hell Forging.

One thing I’m concern about tokens for upgrades is some players might start to exploit it. (As tokens start to have more value, it would be more tempting). E.g. Player1 use a decent setup and arrange other players to join with poor setup to loss to player1 on purpose. Then, Arena Win counts could also mean less somewhat.

I remember seeing occasional 1 FSP rewards in Arena around the time when I joined this game. That kind of serves the upgrade idea suggested in this topic. Not sure when and why this reward type got removed. Along with Bounty Pot feature giving FSP reward that also use to exist.

#32 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 18:37

Well BRICE, i for one love your ideas.  it was terrible for me to get my 100 wins..and i stopped.  I have bunch of arena "tokens" but what you suggested about upgrades to my character was a brilliant idea!  would motivate me to go back and play...im sure!  Thank you for putting alot of thought into this and for everyone else's input!

#33 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 23:31

Good, very good. I like the idea here. My thoughts for the tiers are:

1-100 wins

101-500 wins

501+ wins

Players from lower tiers can jump in the higher tiers, but not the other way around.

Using tokens for upgrades in addition to getting items, etc is good, but as Dulcharn said, the specifics need to be worked out.

A couple things that could get some more activity in the arena is one, the tournaments mentioned here is a great way, or two, there could be a weekend where all the entry costs are reduced by 25% or something along those lines (granted, that would be more effective if there wasn't a decaying effect going on with the prices as there is now.)

Gomez.

#34 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:16

Just recently giving some go at the Arena aspect of this game. I’m must admit every win feel like achievement compare to other area of game nowadays. Especially when only have very narrow Equip Lvl range to play with and no EPIC / Hell Forging.

One thing I’m concern about tokens for upgrades is some players might start to exploit it. (As tokens start to have more value, it would be more tempting). E.g. Player1 use a decent setup and arrange other players to join with poor setup to loss to player1 on purpose. Then, Arena Win counts could also mean less somewhat.

I remember seeing occasional 1 FSP rewards in Arena around the time when I joined this game. That kind of serves the upgrade idea suggested in this topic. Not sure when and why this reward type got removed. Along with Bounty Pot feature giving FSP reward that also use to exist.

Thanks for your opinion Andy...to answer your main question only 2 players can join a 8 players tourney now and 1 in a 4 players tourney...so that is fair and have no problem with, and for the tokens if they made them "Bound non-Tradable" then that also wouldn't be an issue...the token system works nicely in the pvp ladder it can work in the Arena for player and guild upgrades too :)

#35 BornWicked

BornWicked

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:29

Step 1: Revive the game.

4506334.png

#36 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:18

Just a comment from someone who has never played the Arena.

I suspect what is really needed is to convince people like me that they need to get into this aspect of the game, as well as get old participants back.

With all due respect to the other posters, I haven't seen anything that even remotely makes me want to try the arena out.

One of the things that is crippling  these ideas, is the lack of information of how many players actually do use the arena.  Our friends the bovines keep stats like this rather close to their udders, so we don't know if the arena is home to a small percentage of active players, (compared to the total who log in on any given day)  or a larger group who stop in there only occasionally. 

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here, just a bit of a realist.  

What's really needed is something that will make everyone say, "The arena?  OhmigawadIcan'tbelieveI'veneverdone thisbefore!!!!!!!  I need more gear, more buffs, more stamina!"

#37 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:31

Thanks for your opinion Andy...to answer your main question only 2 players can join a 8 players tourney now and 1 in a 4 players tourney...so that is fair and have no problem with, and for the tokens if they made them "Bound non-Tradable" then that also wouldn't be an issue...the token system works nicely in the pvp ladder it can work in the Arena for player and guild upgrades too :)

I think when you said only 2 players can join 8 players tourney you mean they from same guild, The player1 example I given above can use other players not in same guild. Player1 don't need to sell the tokens to profit, maybe just use the tokens come from possible exploited for personal upgrade could be worth the temptation to do it? which can worth 15 FSP if use for BP upgrades...

I think it would be great even if tokens upgrades are limited to ones like +1 Combat Move Sets, as those kinds of upgrade are specifically useful (time saving at least) for players who like to try Arena more.

Another thing I have been thinking before is for gold-reward Tournaments, maybe instead of totally random, kind of have gold fee/reward adjust by Equip Lvl. I often see lower Equip Lvl tournaments have higher gold fee/reward than higher Equip Lvl ones. New/Low level players already have less spare gold to try arena. Yet, costs are really not low for the limited Equip Lvl range they can start to try.

Edited by andyvince, 13 April 2014 - 05:38.

#38 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:33

Just a comment from someone who has never played the Arena.

I suspect what is really needed is to convince people like me that they need to get into this aspect of the game, as well as get old participants back.

With all due respect to the other posters, I haven't seen anything that even remotely makes me want to try the arena out.

One of the things that is crippling  these ideas, is the lack of information of how many players actually do use the arena.  Our friends the bovines keep stats like this rather close to their udders, so we don't know if the arena is home to a small percentage of active players, (compared to the total who log in on any given day)  or a larger group who stop in there only occasionally. 

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here, just a bit of a realist.  

What's really needed is something that will make everyone say, "The arena?  OhmigawadIcan'tbelieveI'veneverdone thisbefore!!!!!!!  I need more gear, more buffs, more stamina!"

LoL well Arena doesn't use Buffs or Stamina but yes it uses gear... Player  stats are set to 1 for each stat... And no guild structures or relics help..... Arena is really fun and is 50/50 Luck.. Just my little input we really do need some better incentives to get things going half the item awards are about useless.... 

#39 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:16

Some nice ideas here.

Best way to raise awareness would be a major tournament - perhaps an arena-based GE (I think I've seen that suggested elsewhere): something that gets a lot of people involved, and where they get rewarded for participating. It might also benefit from reasonable advance notice (unlike many events).

An alternative to bracketing arenas might be to give tokens for progressing through each round (as is done in professional tennis tournaments). The tokens could increase exponentially with round, and be set such that getting things like upgrades in a reasonable time needed you to make the final, but things like arena moves could be acquired with the tokens you got from getting through the first round. This way there would be a decent chance that newbies would get something from a tournament without having to defeat those who have already developed lots of know-how.

Edited by rowbeth, 13 April 2014 - 11:17.

#40 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 April 2014 - 17:07

i like the idea ... i also want some wins which r hard to get atm bcz some players have fixed (WINNING) setup for some lvls ... i want to fight against ppl with my experience ...so yes to arena brackets .. yes to arena token (whatever their use maybe) ... 

just a thought maybe HCS can make the gold cost to join GOLD (giving) arenas not reduce overtime .. u guys want more gold sinks then this is one place to get it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: