BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2013 - 16:31

Hi there Everyone.

We've come up with this Content Roadmap to try and keep the Community in the loop. We shall update this as and when we need to, to show if something is done or has needed to be moved around a bit.

NEW!

Hey Guys.

Okay, looking at what we have planned, I've shuffled what we'll be doing around a bit and have a few new ideas to share.

Springtime Forest : Estimated release = Week of the 13th of April.

A new Global event added to this. Easter Baskets to be collected and evil Shadow Bunnies stealing them. Grab the eggs and duff up the Shadow Bunnies to save the chocolatey potion goodness at the end of the event. We may add one or two new LEs to the Forest event itself but we'll see. No promises.

Content. 2501 - 2525 : Estimated release = Week of the 19th of June.

Content. 2526 - 2550 : Estimated release = Week of the 3rd of July. 

Content. 2551 - 2575 : Estimated release = Week of the 17th of July.

And I'll be looking to plug Storybook in here somewhere. Quite a lot of work still to be done to this. At present, 7 new Quests though I may have to add an 8th to keep us closer to EoC.

As well as this, the usual LEs in the Scavenging Caves, Classics in the Realms and somewhere after the new Skill releases, we intend on looking at a brand new Legendary Event with full new gear.

Finally, these dates could and likely will shift around a little as we work on other secret squirrel parts of Sword.

Hope that's helpful!

~ Grim

Content.

November 13th (Approx) : 2301 - 2325 = Released 14th November.
November 26th (Approx) : 2326 - 2350 = Released 1st December.
December 10th (Approx) : 2351 - 2375 = Released 19th December.
December 24th (Approx) : 2376 - 2400 = Released 19th December.
December 30th (Approx) : 2401 - 2425 = Released 6th January.
January 14th (Approx) : 2426 - 2450 = Released 22nd January.
March 28th (Approx) : 2451 - 2475 = Released 27th March. 

Content. 2476 - 2500 : Estimated release = Week of the 15th of May. 

Additionally, we are looking to add new content at existing levels. This will feature new quests in existing Realms Vs existing creatures.  Most likely starting low and working up. This is most likely to appear as a random new Quest or two periodically. Hopefully, this can make things in the lower levels fresh and interesting.

Events or additions to the game.

Storybook Forest.

We've been working on Storybook. I'd like to see this out again soon. As it stands, I have 7 new "The Story of ..." quests lined up, taking us to about EoC.

Christmas

Two new Christmas Quests, again taking us to EoC.

The return of the Dragon LE events with three new Dragons and an Egg potion on each Dragon instead of just one. Expect the potions to be unusual buffs, trying to keep them to the theme of the Dragon where possible.

Between 2 and 4 brand new Seasonal Titans for Christmas.  Thread for ideas can be found HERE!

Chests.

We are working on about a dozen new Potions which we are looking to add to the existing chest that spawn in the world. We are also looking to add the proposed Frag Stash items to this as well as possibly adding new item sets. Once again, no cast iron time frame but once this is on it's way, I'll update this thread. Released.

COMPLETED!

Content.

Oct 14th (Approx) : 1776 - 1800 - Released on the 17th of October.
Oct 28th (Approx) : 1801 - 1825 - Released on the 12th of November.
Nov 11th (Approx) : 1826 - 1850 - Released on the 26th November.
Nov 25th (Approx) : 1851 - 1875 - Released on the 4th December.
Dec 09th (Approx) : 1876 - 1900 - Released on the 11th December.
Dec 23rd (Approx) : 1901 - 1925 - Released on the 23rd December.
Feb 10th (Approx) : 1926 - 1950 = Released on time.
Feb 24th (Approx) : 1951 - 1975 = Released on March 7th.
Mar 10th (Approx) : 1976 - 2000 = Released on April 3rd.
Mar 24th (Approx) : 2001 - 2025 = Released on April 17th.
Apr 07th (Approx) : 2026 - 2050 = Released on April 17th.
Apr 21st (Approx) : 2051 - 2075 = Released on May 9th.
May 5th (Approx) : 2076 - 2100 = Released on May 30th.
June 13th (Approx) : 2101 - 2125 = Partial release 13/06.14. Quests and Sets incoming.
June 30th (Approx) : 2126 - 2150 = Released on the 8th of July.
July 14th (Approx) : 2151 - 2175 = Released on the 28th of July.
July 28th (Approx) : 2176 - 2200 = Released 18th of August.
Aug 11th (Approx) : 2201 - 2225 =
Aug 25th (Approx) : 2226 - 2250 =

Events.

New Legendary Beasties.

17 New Legendary Creatures, split across two events. Creatures built. Need to sort the Items and Sets.

Thread for player suggestions HERE.

Halloween. - Released and complete!

1 new Ghost for the Global Event. Will be a counterpart to the Pesky Spook. (Ready)

1 New Legendary creature to fill out the levels for the Halloween roster to higher levels. (Ready)

New Seasonal Titan, to be tied to new Seasonal Quest ‘Spook Smashers II’.(Ready)

New Quest. Spook Smashers 2. (Ready)

Bonfire Night. - Released!

Nothing new.

Christmas.

1, possibly 2, new Christmas Quest in the Yuletime Forest. 1,700 & 1,900?

Possibly a new Festive Titan.

New Santork Bauble items.

Quango Adventures.

Again, this event will be returning. We'll look to add additional levels of Quango madness. No immediate time frame. 

Global Events.

We'd like to run more Global Events. These would possibly have lower goals for less powerful potions (instead of increasingly UBER potions) or the proposed Frag Stash Items. No cast iron time frame but once this is on it's way, I'll update this thread.

The Springtime Forest.

The Event shall be returning. We will look into it and see what additions we may add to it. No immediate time frame, but soon as we ain't seen it in ages.

As the Dev Roadmap could impact this Content Road Map, the thread for that can be found HERE!.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 08 October 2013 - 17:47

double xp event around Christmas again :-)  Pretty please, with sugar on top!

#3 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 17:56

double xp event around Christmas again :-)  Pretty please, with sugar on top!

Not doing 200 levels at Xmas otherwise :P

#4 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 08 October 2013 - 18:05

25 levels each two weeks in this time period  :blink: ... good luck, but someone might have gone insane in the brain.

#5 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 20:42

LOL! I was hoping for 25 levels/month, but here is a much more ambitious plan! That would be great, but this time of year has to be crazy for you with the Hallowe'en then bonfire night immediately after, and then 6 weeks and it is the Christmas season, so if you can keep cranking it out with those other commitments - go for it!!

No change at Bonfire night - I think that is fair given the goodies at Hallowe'en.

19 new legendaries is awesome. I am impressed with the confirmation of a new seasonal titan, possibly 2. Does this mean the old hallowe'en seasonal titan will not appear, or will both hallowe'en titans come out to play?

The plan looks fabulous! Thank you. I sense energy drinks in your future.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 October 2013 - 20:52

Content.

Oct 14th (Approx) : 1776 - 1800
Oct 28th (Approx) : 1801 - 1825
Nov 11th (Approx) : 1826 - 1850
Nov 25th (Approx) : 1851 - 1875
Dec 09th (Approx) : 1876 - 1900
Dec 23rd (Approx) : 1901 - 1925 (Special?)

Christmas.

1, possibly 2, new Christmas Quest in the Yuletime Forest. 1,700 & 1,900?

Loving this "roadmap" of yours BG, but, if content is coming out in batches of 25 levels / fortnight, then I think pitching the potential  2nd Xmas quest at 1900 is aiming it a little high ? 

There's probably only a few players that could do those levels that quickly.

Maybe lower the bar on the 2nd potential to 1850 ? - that would probably open up the participation quite a bit ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#7 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 21:33

Loving this "roadmap" of yours BG, but, if content is coming out in batches of 25 levels / fortnight, then I think pitching the potential  2nd Xmas quest at 1900 is aiming it a little high ? 

There's probably only a few players that could do those levels that quickly.

Maybe lower the bar on the 2nd potential to 1850 ? - that would probably open up the participation quite a bit ?

Crikey I don't know, it seems you cannot win with some people, moan moan moan for content you get your cake then your on a bleeding diet or something? :P

Keep it at 1,900 and make those that want to do the quest earn it. End of Content shouldn't be easily obtainable and should not have 100+ players sitting at it!!!

BTW this is not a personal Barb at you Pardoux, just a general comment on EOC, I want it to be hard to reach and for only the bare few to be there otherwise we'll get a backlog and it will be harder for folk to get into the top 100/250 for those accolades.

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 October 2013 - 22:18

Crikey I don't know, it seems you cannot win with some people, moan moan moan for content you get your cake then your on a bleeding diet or something? :P

Keep it at 1,900 and make those that want to do the quest earn it. End of Content shouldn't be easily obtainable and should not have 100+ players sitting at it!!!

BTW this is not a personal Barb at you Pardoux, just a general comment on EOC, I want it to be hard to reach and for only the bare few to be there otherwise we'll get a backlog and it will be harder for folk to get into the top 100/250 for those accolades.

It wasn't a moan (and glad ya said that wasn't a personal barb) ...

I "LOVE" the fact that there's so much planned between now and Xmas - new content, new LE's, new seasonal stuff ... "Just" think that the "potential" 2nd new xmas quest may be pitched a lil high :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#9 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:02

good job hcs u guys planning on finishing the year with a bang :)

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:22

LOL! I was hoping for 25 levels/month, but here is a much more ambitious plan!

At there end of the day, what I want is plenty of Content to keep EoC busy over the festive season. Will it make my head explode? Probably but gonna give it a damned good shot!

19 new legendaries is awesome. I am impressed with the confirmation of a new seasonal titan, possibly 2. Does this mean the old hallowe'en seasonal titan will not appear, or will both hallowe'en titans come out to play?

Both will be out. I'll create a shop in a breakout Realm locked to the end of the Spook Smashers I quest so that those who threw away their item needed to hunt the Titan can get it again.

I sense energy drinks in your future.

This ought to keep me out of trouble.

I think pitching the potential  2nd Xmas quest at 1900 is aiming it a little high ?

Maybe. But we'll see.

#11 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:47

Moved to Roadmap Vote

Edited by koenvdv, 10 October 2013 - 12:26.

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 October 2013 - 13:50

I think that you posted that in the wrong Roadmap Bud.

#13 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 October 2013 - 16:14

Thank you for the update on what's planned. I still think you guys should have the EOC community help you with new monster descriptions and possibly the monster's stats as well. Gives all the EOCers something to do while helping the Cows with the heavy work load. :)

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#14 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:08

Thank you for the update on what's planned. I still think you guys should have the EOC community help you with new monster descriptions and possibly the monster's stats as well. Gives all the EOCers something to do while helping the Cows with the heavy work load. :)

I'd love to help out with stuff like that, especially quest design, but I do not think it is allowed. Other data heads could come up with monster stats - though I think they have become more varied and challenging recently. Is Varkaz still about doing quests?

BG - I admire the desire to get this stuff done - it will be awesome if you got us to 1925 by the end of the year. But even if you only get half your targeted content out that will be doing way better than the middle of this year, and will make EOC folk very happy. (okay - me much happier - I can't speak for other EOC folk, that is kind of presumptuous!) Don't give yourself an aneurysm, is all I'm saying. And don't collapse and be unable to keep up with regular content in the new year!! I need you alive and at work!

Both hallowe'en titans being out, plus the fawkes wickerman... I'm going to get tiny amounts of TKP on all three and have to wait another year, I can just feel it... curses on the seasonal titan feeding frenzy! LOL!

#15 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 00:23

Since level 1800 is right around the corner, is new buffs right around the corner? I am sure i am not the only player that has a bunch of unused skill points

#16 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:28

17 new le's nice but i would like to see new uses for the old sets besides composing like the brides set take a bunch to make just one item keep up the good work cows there is no such thing as too much 

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2013 - 14:15

Hey Guys. Content is running a touch behind. Expect it late tomorrow (15th October) or early on Wednesday (16th October).

#18 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 15:46

Cool. (I'll be right around max stam!) This is just the beginning of your marathon.... load up on Monster drinks!

#19 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2013 - 18:06

its an emergency we need a crate of Irn-Bru STAT!! :lol:

#20 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 October 2013 - 17:08

Hey guys.

The new content is basically ready. Need to test it so it'll be live in the morning.

In the interim, the Master Realms 'The Hyrom Wilds' 1726+ & 'The Gelorath Caverns' 1751+ are now active.

Sorry!

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: