Photo

What date is the Double EXP event going to be on this month?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 19:05

You say no Triple Xp Events but this doesn't hurt anyone only helps the COWS out by recieving more and morw donations to keep this game going, please dont get me wrong Double Xp Event are awesome as well but it will never give small players to high players a chance to become a much higher level without a very large donation and waiting every 6 months or more for a Double Xp Event. Also on the Topic, I noticed that someone said the truth for once, Double or Triple Xp Events are to Help Players but if we already hunt it does nothing for us amd only hurts us more but waiting 6 more months and alsothis shouldn't be a secret event, just like global events are announced I believe that the XP Events should be announced as well. I understand that my opinion might not matter but I hope it is at least considered for the future Events

The Cows must think its a bad idea since they've already held a triple XP event and I guess the results were not what they were looking for. With the 2 double XP events a year, they are concentrating a nice sum of money while also keeping their workload in check so that they are not overwhelmed completely.

#42 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 19:25

@BigGrim, There are some players that are correct in this area about helping guilds out and giving players chances. Some players can donate thousands of dollars in a matter of minutes or a few months or even a year, other players like myself can't do that, there is almost no way small players will ever have a chance for being EOC, because the cost is way too much.

You say no Triple Xp Events but this doesn't hurt anyone only helps the COWS out by recieving more and morw donations to keep this game going, please dont get me wrong Double Xp Event are awesome as well but it will never give small players to high players a chance to become a much higher level without a very large donation and waiting every 6 months or more for a Double Xp Event. Also on the Topic, I noticed that someone said the truth for once, Double or Triple Xp Events are to Help Players but if we already hunt it does nothing for us amd only hurts us more but waiting 6 more months and alsothis shouldn't be a secret event, just like global events are announced I believe that the XP Events should be announced as well. I understand that my opinion might not matter but I hope it is at least considered for the future Events

Thank You BigGrim for your time
Michael (Lyons027)

Essentially, these double xp events are actually 4x Plus events... the GE pots combined with the 2x events are a potent combo. Let's not get greedy. 3x was a one off never to happen again... let's appreciate the fact that we (hopefully) get a 2x event and enjoy it for all it's worth.

#43 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 June 2014 - 20:44

@BigGrim, There are some players that are correct in this area about helping guilds out and giving players chances. Some players can donate thousands of dollars in a matter of minutes or a few months or even a year, other players like myself can't do that, there is almost no way small players will ever have a chance for being EOC, because the cost is way too much.

Where is it stated anywhere that players have to reach EOC ? - there's a whole world of game out there (pun intended) for players to enjoy with multiple facets therein. You make it sound like the only objective in the game is to get to EOC and sit there, waiting for new content ... n that's just not correct.

Thank You BigGrim for your time
Michael (Lyons027)

As BG said above, XP events ARE announced - with a weeks notice - whereas GE's etcetera are sprung on us with no warning. I've stated a desire that XP events are done the same way, with no notice, but that isn't going to happen.

Stop rushing for the "finish" line - and enjoy the scenery along the way - it's a more enjoyable game that way.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#44 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2014 - 21:13

As BG said above, XP events ARE announced - with a weeks notice - whereas GE's etcetera are sprung on us with no warning. I've stated a desire that XP events are done the same way, with no notice, but that isn't going to happen.

Stop rushing for the "finish" line - and enjoy the scenery along the way - it's a more enjoyable game that way.

I agree

#45 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 22:00

Scenery? You driving Miss Daisy? Worse, you're driving Miss Daisy whilst towing a caravan. And I'm stuck behind you! I WANNA get to ma destination!! XP, XP, XP EVENT! :P

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 03 June 2014 - 22:07.

#46 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 22:02

... your ...

you're*

#47 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 22:04

you're*

:( Mate, I do that all the time you now.

Cheers

wil72

#48 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 22:09

:( Mate, I do that all the time you now.

Cheers

wil72

My apologies, just having a little fun on the forum.  :D

#49 lyons027

lyons027

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2014 - 22:20

The Cows must think its a bad idea since they've already held a triple XP event and I guess the results were not what they were looking for. With the 2 double XP events a year, they are concentrating a nice sum of money while
also keeping their workload in check so that they are not overwhelmed completely.

I agree with you with gomezilla, apparently its not doing as wrll as the double xp events and yes they are still amazing and are very appreciated

#50 lyons027

lyons027

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2014 - 22:25

As BG said above, XP events ARE announced - with a weeks notice - whereas GE's etcetera are sprung on us with no warning. I've stated a desire that XP events are
done the same way, with no notice, but that isn't going to happen.

As I was mentioning that statement I made above was for small players and its not about reaching EOC, its more about a goal to become a higher level player which most small levels love to think about and if you had a guild with small members that are just starting out you would clearly see that. I am not trying to be disrespectful to you, just take a step back and look at it from when you first started playing, you or others didn't get to that high level just because you wanted to go that high, its more of a mind set goal and determination for them reaching a goal as a higher level

#51 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 June 2014 - 23:05

As I was mentioning that statement I made above was for small players and its not about reaching EOC, its more about a goal to become a higher level player which most small levels love to think about and if you had a guild with small members that are just starting out you would clearly see that. I am not trying to be disrespectful to you, just take a step back and look at it from when you first started playing, you or others didn't get to that high level just because you wanted to go that high, its more of a mind set goal and determination for them reaching a goal as a higher level

My game history here was always about enjoying the game and not rushing ever-forward at a break-neck speed. Someone who started the day after I did was, at one point, several hundred levels ahead of me by the end of the first or second year - but I've caught them up now. In the race between the hare and the tortoise, the tortoise usually wins (in the story ;) )

But, I accept that for some players, the game is all about advancing in levels as fast as is humanely possible - I just think that mentality means missing out on a lot of the game ...

Edited by Pardoux, 03 June 2014 - 23:05.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#52 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:47

yes they are still amazing and are very appreciated

I concur.

#53 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 23:19

I dont believe these events are just a spring board to get to "The Finish Line". Enjoying the game is different for everyone, some don't mind being level 200, 500, 900. There is a preference for everything, this type of event makes it easier to get to that scenery most enjoyable to you. Think about it you can make up a few months progress in 1 weekend depending on how prepared or far you wish to go. A pvper eyeing a certain range, a gvger, even a titan hunter looking to access more titans i mean even an arena player has to level to get more setups. This allows people to pursue content a lot sooner then they would, makes the game more enjoyable for them and really will help retain them long term. Like i said there are so many positives to this event.

#54 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 23:46

3X events are strong, but I am in favor of them. More people will get to EOC sure! When I first got there it was boring,not recently though.(HCS thanks for keeping us busy)  I had gotten used to it and if content slows again so will others! It would give some a chance to level way faster without mega potions. Some players seem to forget or don't want  to acknowledge  that not everybody can afford to crazy power level with epic potions when ever they feel like. I believe some of those same players don't want the less fortune players  at a high level, I believe that some think they are above  the common folk all because they either have money or have been playing since the beginning.

My 2 cents

#55 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:17

I don't see us doing a triple XP ever again. It's far, FAR to much.

Stingy :P

#56 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:18

Below is video of me leveling during the last 3XP event... =)Cow-in-a-tornado-from-the-movie-Twister.

#57 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:57

Below is video of me leveling during the last 3XP event... =)Cow-in-a-tornado-from-the-movie-Twister.

funny.. the cow is flying :D

#58 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 June 2014 - 16:51

i dont know how much this applies to others or how much relevence it has over 2 xp events a year and i agree with most in at least some ways but for me getting to eoc allowed me to devote WAY more stamina on medals, it gave me bigger ranges for medal gaining, a couple of medals are only achievable by eoc btw, access to all the buffs i needed so i wasnt buying them and the ability to help my guild more xp wise and in buffing the lower guys, getting to eoc was actually a good move for me, there was actually a couple of other good points but ive forgotten them :P

#59 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 19:20

My game history here was always about enjoying the game and not rushing ever-forward at a break-neck speed.

So whoever said that rushing ahead wasn't enjoying the game? And there are more things than scenery to enjoy along the way. Personally, I enjoyed working out how to level up as efficiently as possible, without simply buying progress (I enjoyed most the levels where I had to change gear every level to do that - though that is now a long faded memory).

But with all that rushing ahead (well, jogging ahead), I don't think I ever wanted to find the finish line

#60 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 22:06

ACCIDENTAL triple xp event please :rolleyes:

for 1-2hours is ok <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana