68 replies to this topic

#21 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 17:56

I did say the Stash would have new potions added to it.

Can you add Doubler 2000 as single pot to ruby stash? that will increase players interest to do the event

#22 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 19:54

Please stop with these frag events already! 

Doubt anyone apart from the handful of top composers requires any frags of any kind whatsoever. Please stop killing the frag farming market for players with these events already and give us some potion events!

I am no wear near  a top composer. if we get ruby the 4k frags at best will last me almost 2 weeks.

SO I say keep the frags events coming! I still bought frags today.

#23 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 20:00

Please stop with these frag events already! 

Doubt anyone apart from the handful of top composers requires any frags of any kind whatsoever. Please stop killing the frag farming market for players with these events already and give us some potion events!

I only quoted this (apologies bleacher12) because I'm an established frag farmer and, yet, I support these frag events full force.

Yes, it severely cuts down on my "profit" inflow. And?

If I don't adapt, I'm done for. Remember the typewriter? Probably not. How about fixed line telephones?

Yeah, well, no matter what HCS does there will be complaints. Personally, I could complain about Doubler, not to mention Stalker, Overkill, LF and most buffs in general. The Booster pack, blah, blah, blah.

More to the point, the "overpowered" pots including all the composing ones, but even the gold sink ones. Those are all "advantages" which came later. But, would you really throw your smartphone away in the interest of being "fair"?

As a common frag farmer, I guess I "could" complain. It's debatable, but would that be serious? I think not.

I told a couple of my buyers yesterday to wait because I expected the frag GE today. Truth be told, I actually expected it last week and had to readjust. I also had no idea that information was "leaked" (HCS, you still have issues with proper communication and PR. I'm for hire, lmao).

Obviously, a frag GE doesn't DIRECTLY benefit me, because of my business. However, just imagine that I was to think of players other than me.

Well, I don't have to go far. Our Guild pot makers (myself included) benefit. Well, doesn't that benefit me?

Moreover, easily providing frags to players only increases my long-term business. It "adds" to those "top composers", or hopefully it would.

I don't have a single client that is a selfish bastige. A large portion of them are consuming a huge amount of frags and they are doing that to provide for their Guild. "Odd" how that benefits lower levels.

Some of my other clients actually buy for their Guild pot makers. They go above and beyond sending their drops to the player in question. This event doesn't "directly" help them to contribute, but...

Occasionally, people come for their "emergencies".

ALL OF MY CLIENTS SIMPLY DESERVE THIS GE.

Why should they be "paying" me? Fine, I'm weird, but I see this as a great opportunity for all of FS. Players can take it or leave it.

To end on a personal opinion that might be toeing the ban line. I wonder why some players simply don't thank HCS for the GE (like quite a few have) EVEN if they don't care for it.

I feel that the world in general is far too "me-oriented" and that it's not surprising that FS is simply, as is to be expected, a reflection of this.

I believe that the frag GEs actually benefit the FS community despite being "damaging" to me personally.

I find it odd, though I'm not surprised, that people only think of themselves and in an extremely limited way.

Most of you will think I'm a brown-noser, but I'm thankful for HCS creating "something", even if it isn't something I personally benefit from.

I do believe that if we are to encourage HCS to do "more", whatever that is and for good or for bad, that a completely selfish personal subjective analysis probably isn't the way to go.

I know nobody read this, but hey, how's it going Belaric? lmao. Let's hope there's more "stuff" to come.

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#24 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 21:00

I only quoted this (apologies bleacher12) because I'm an established frag farmer and, yet, I support these frag events full force.

To end on a personal opinion that might be toeing the ban line. I wonder why some players simply don't thank HCS for the GE (like quite a few have) EVEN if they don't care for it.

I feel that the world in general is far too "me-oriented" and that it's not surprising that FS is simply, as is to be expected, a reflection of this.

No offense taken, I think you misunderstood my point, I don't farm frags nor was I particularly crying for those that do, adapt or die is fine by me, survival of the fittest and all that good jazz.

My point is straighforward, 99% of the folks in the game don't need the frags, none apart from the 1% of the top composers do, so I guess to that extent about your point on selfishness, we are on the same page, the only folks begging for these and thanking HCS for this event would be those 1%.

I'm all for GEs, just not 3 frag events in a row, its entirely pointless, especially when 99% of the user base does not need them. The rest 1% can be served fine by those that are willing to farm for them.

Your brown nosing seems to overlook the fundamentals of economics and I can't be bothered to school you in it. I get that the cows are promoting composing as a gold sink, but honestly, it probably already worked if was going to and endless frag events are not going to change the course of that in any way.

#25 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 21:04

Personally I love these global events - all global events. As it stands I have about 2 pages worth of chests from the past globals. With the fragment events you get a global event where the reward don't take up pack space and be be turned into a a larger number of of custom tailored potions. Composing is a new(er) levelling system in the game and I am happy to see HSC throwing so many opportunities  to get a good chunk of frags to start levelling with. IF you use the free frags wisely you can level very fast while not spending a ton of gold.

--Edit--

Seems like 2 reasons why people don’t like these globals - they don't compose or want to make profit of something that until composing they would have just thrown away with out thinking twice. By dumping large amounts of frags in the game at once it can be expected that people will make potions that use the higher tier frags which will pull out gold from the game. The player market of frags doesn’t pull out gold, it just moves it around. When you are buying your fragments that's gold you are not putting into the potion - which disappears. When people pay for something they tend to use it more wisely than something given to them.

Refer to egami's post on selfishness in FS player base, your post is an illustration in it. I've got a million pots, I missed the previous frag events so lets keep doing these even if 99% of the others don't really want or need it.

What you call seeking profit is defined as commerce, its how the world works, again, I'm not here to school you in economics or pander to your desire for freebies you would rather not pay for since you feel entitled to stuff, but if for a second you can stop to think about how this does or does not benefit your long term gaming perhaps you can see the light for yourself.

Cheers!

#26 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 21:14

Funny but awesome, when i mentioned this to you in the global i didnt think it would be this soon Grim...

One of my ideas actually became something *wipes a tear away*  :D here.. look at all my others *Scramble's through a box* Titan glue! Strong enough to stop them in their tracks.. No wait, I got it! Portal Passes, Save 10% off on each portal use!  :P

Cool to see another version of the Frag event though, them pesky wraiths were getting annoying  :P

#27 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 11 July 2014 - 21:32

I'm sure HCS will monitor participation in the event and determine if more frag GEs are warranted.

Personally, I think the 99% vs 1% numbers are tossed about too casually in too many situations.  I think most things in life are more like "30% blah..... 30% rah rah... and 40% meh....."

#28 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 22:22

Your brown nosing seems to overlook the fundamentals of economics and I can't be bothered to school you in it.

That's good, since I graduated cum laude from UCLA in it.

My point is straighforward, 99% of the folks in the game don't need the frags, none apart from the 1% of the top composers do.

I happen to be 100% against the "trickle down" theory. What I would point out here is your assumption that those 1% don't have an effect upon the rest of the FS population.

You might include in your theory a question on why they are continuing to consume frags despite the fact that composing pots haven't been updated in ages. Again, you also probably don't have hard data. This affects my farming for two weeks, maybe.

You might also question whether you are right that the constant use of global frag events affects the game in the way you assume. There are a lot variables here. Suffice to say I "get" your point, I simply disagree with it.

Of course, I'm talking from a social aspect, not from an economic one. However, I still believe from an economic point of view that you will be hard-pressed to prove your point. Isn't that the "beauty" of economics?

I'm all for GEs, just not 3 frag events in a row, its entirely pointless, especially when 99% of the user base does not need them. The rest 1% can be served fine by those that are willing to farm for them.

Essentially, this is the crux of your argument, from my point of view. However, the idea is that it's based on the idea that HCS should be dedicating their time to other possible GEs that "benefit" (or not) the FS world. I definitely don't disagree with that, but that fact does NOT support your argument.

Heck, why would I as a common frag farmer that takes advantage of it? Would you really recommend that HCS does NOTHING?

As an economist, I do kind of chuckle at your affirmation that HCS "sells" composing as a gold sink. Mostly I chuckle because I've never seen them advertise that.

The base is definitely debatable and I've had these discussions over and over.

If you were a true economist, you'd realize that there is really no "right" answer to that question. You know, us economists always give the opposite answer according to the situation.

The "facts" are that the MP prices drop. Of course, that is temporary and, well, the overall effect on gold/FSP value is extremely questionable. The increase in pot usage, I admit, probably overcomes that. Whatever, one could only hope that the FS community uses Sacrifice, lmao.

Haven't you ever thought about the fact that a series of short-term gold sinks maintains the "status quo"? Grant it, this isn't how HCS "really" works. In a perfect world perhaps it would. In my opinion, they've done a "good job" towards that end in this round with the Scavenging Caves doubled and this event.

In any case bleacher, I appreciate your input... I do openly laugh at your "holier than thou" attitude about "schooling me". That does NOT mean that I don't have things to learn.

In essence, my read of your post is that you think HCS could be better dedicating their time to other things. In that, I neither disagree nor agree.

So what's your variable? Player activity? Overall usefulness? If it's the last thing... how do you define that?

I could 100% be wrong and I'm not ashamed to admit it... but my assumption is that your subjective evaluation is that there are more important things for HCS to deal with. My question then is... does this frag GE really affect that? I agree that it does, but I, personally, don't agree that it's a basis for evaluation. And of course, that's debatable.

#29 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 22:32

Murabane since u appear to have such clout with Big Grim can u please ask him to introduce some new composing buffs please? 

I have been asking for months and apart from some promises there is still nothing new !  :(

I wish that was the case, our relationship is a roller coaster.. its up and down

I do agree having more skills added as do every composer, especially for those more than half way through the entire process. Best solution is to have a thread and to hash out skills and levels, you figure if you are able to get the grunt work done with a large portion of the community agreeing on the levels/skills it will get incorporated quicker(assuming they have not already begun the process). There are quite a few variable's they have to look into, and not playing the game everyday like us they don't always know how over or under powered a composing potion can be or how it can effect the game economics, so that may be why the Composing Skills have been stalled to this point. :(

#30 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 22:40

Funny but awesome, when i mentioned this to you in the global i didnt think it would be this soon Grim...

One of my ideas actually became something *wipes a tear away*  :D here.. look at all my others *Scramble's through a box* Titan glue! Strong enough to stop them in their tracks.. No wait, I got it! Portal Passes, Save 10% off on each portal use!  :P

Cool to see another version of the Frag event though, them pesky wraiths were getting annoying  :P

I used my Jedi dark-side mind-power to force this GE despite it being detrimental to my FSP intake. Credit where credit is due, lmao.

That said... 100% NO to the Titan glue idea. I know that's been stirring in HCS "minds" forever. My completely personal view as a Titan hunter is the following: Why?

Yeah, I spend tons of time on it and still see zero reason for it. I "might" agree to it if it used something like 5 times the stam (totally random) every time it activated.

And, yes, pretty new GE creatures.... thanks BG ,oP

#31 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 22:57

Sounds like you would be the first customer of Titan Glue,

With 1 easy payment of just 19.95, you can stop titans in their tracks!

Standard shipping handling rates do apply...

ORDER NOW!!  :P

#32 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:27

Well, as of right now, at my rate of composing, I'm good for at least 2 years.

I also have a backpack full of chest from past events. I don't think of them as "unused", I prefer the term "aging".

What I do want, and will get from this event, is one more step towards my gold medal.  No, I can't use it to level, PvP, GvG, or even to gain an arena advantage, but it is an additional plus that no one has mentioned so far.

Hey Grim, call the herd in.  Salt blocks for everyone!  My treat  ;)

#33 Brinmoth

Brinmoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:56

I'm sure HCS will monitor participation in the event and determine if more frag GEs are warranted.

Personally, I think the 99% vs 1% numbers are tossed about too casually in too many situations.  I think most things in life are more like "30% blah..... 30% rah rah... and 40% meh....."

52% of statistics are made up, so don't put too much stock in the numbers people throw out there. :P

...and 3 fragment globals in a row? No reason for me to invest any interest in those because all the stuff bound... Seriously mix it up! Give us random bonuses or modifiers or something like that to keep us on our toes.

Edited by Brinmoth, 12 July 2014 - 02:20.

#34 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:15

Just to clarify, I'm not saying booo to Composing events, just a little bummed out that we've seen a clump of them without anything in between. However, as I've cited, I'm for all of the above. More events the better as far as I'm concerned. More variety? Even better yet. Really interested in what Darksun will look like. I think it might be a really nice event that will catch many off guard.

@BG: Any updates on Quango? Just out of curiosity.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#35 death8her

death8her

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:16

My opinion might not matter so much but I'm looking forward to the events where there are AM500 atleast from pots, those events are worth it in my opinion. They give me AM500 which I can use in multiple ways, like frag hunting, le events, and even other globals. As a player who has only played during a few globals I feel it is definitely worth it when there's AM500, cons, al, and overkill in high levels.

#36 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:37

My opinion might not matter so much but I'm looking forward to the events where there are AM500 atleast from pots, those events are worth it in my opinion. They give me AM500 which I can use in multiple ways, like frag hunting, le events, and even other globals. As a player who has only played during a few globals I feel it is definitely worth it when there's AM500, cons, al, and overkill in high levels.

+1 not everyone interested in Composing

#37 RobM

RobM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • South Africa

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:10

Thank you Moo Moos

#38 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:47

Next event that drops the big global potions will be the one held over the Halloween period and is called Oidche Shamhna. Sadly you'll have to wait until then for the next mega potions. The chest rewards are listed on the wiki as follows:

http://wiki.fallensw..._Vampiric_Chest

The last global event where we given similar potions was the Zombie Yeoman event, sadly the community did not work sufficiently hard to achieve the Ruby tier so we got the lesser containers. Furthermore, the next global event that gave out these epic potions, the community again did not work sufficiently hard enough to achieve the Ruby tier so with that in mind perhaps people will all work hard as a community when the next global event so we do achieve the Ruby tier. We whine a lot wanting these events yet no one participates in them, the facts above lean towards thinking that the community as a whole does not really want the container global events seeing as so many do not put the effort in to achieve the desired rewards. Don't moan at the cows, look at the community as they are at fault here, the fragment stash global events have all be rip roaring successes and are thus deemed more popular.

#39 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:55

Auto-opening still spams the log-files...

Is there anyway to build in an option to dissable them?

Or is there allready and I just don´t see it?

Here´s what I´m talking about:

12.07.2014 09:55    You gained 4 x Common Fragments by auto-opening the Fragment Stash dropped by 'Demonic Pinata (Global)'.

And now try to find a pm in this^^

If only there was a button to show PM's on the log page..

Oh wait. THERE IS!!!!

MOXENle.png

#40 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 19:16

A great way to avoid those kind of problem is by creating a secondary stash with the frags, so you can choose betwen a Frag Stash or another Stash.

Example:

Ruby Stash:
- Frag Container.
- CoA 300 and CoD 300.
- AL 375 and AM 400.

So everybody can choose what they want to open.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: