• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:44

I figured that Super Elite, Legendary, and Crystalline frags don't get enough love during these events. I think we should have an event centered more around them, excluding Common, Unique, and Rare frags from the event. I was thinking the creature would be an undead/ghost Samurai, being part of the "Crimson Army" because of their blood stained armor. If you wanted to tie it to in game content it would be easy to attach it to the "Shadow Lord" that everything else seems to go with seems like that guy has his hand in everything but his pocketslaugh.png And of course the weapon you would use would have to be a cursed Muramasa of sorts since it would only be fitting.

It would be only one type of creature that spawns.

•     I dont think there would be a need for more if it is only centered around 3 frags but it is possible, if you wanted to make 3 types for the 3 types of frags and then just control the amount that spawns per realm.

You would need a weapon(Cursed) to kill them.

•     Would be nice if it had a durability breaking over time/amount of kills or some sort of negative effect from or with use.

Drop rate could be adjusted to account for frag rarities

•     Right now the stashes from every other event creature are sitting at a 7.5% drop rate, for the these types of frags and the possible amount of frags per type you can attain lowering this may be a needed offset to account for the frags rarities.

It can either drop 1 type of "Frag Stash" or 3 different types of "Frag stashes".  

•     While dropping 1 stash similar to what we have with the Darksun Destroyers it could be : 6-9(SE) 4-7(LE) 2-5(Crystal) per stash.
  •     Dropping 3 different stashes would be only 1 frag type per stash ranging from 3-9 frags, which is more interesting because you wouldn't necessarily be able to choose or control which frags you can focus on. Glorious Stash(SE), Heroic Stash(LE), and Luminous Stash(Crystal).

The main Tier rewards could still be Chests.

•     Tier Bronze, Silver, Gold yielding 1 Chest, Crystal 2, and Ruby 3. Basically similar to what they are now. The amount of frags should vary and shouldn't be an ridiculous amount either.
  •     Example being the ruby chest should give 4-5k Super Elite 2.7-3.5k Legendary 1.6-2k Crystal frags per Frag Chest. Those numbers are just an idea but if you want a more realistic idea currently the Ruby Stashes give 5,400 total frags so if we keep that amount you would just need to break it up and divvy it up for the 3. So that may be 50% SE(2,700), 35% LE(1,890 or 1,900) and 15% Crystal(810 or 800).
  •     Or like the "Thieves in the Night chest" offer 5/10/15/20/25 based on the finishing tier, random frag chest containing 300-600 frag of only 1 of the 3 types(that would be if you kept the frags the same so no matter what class you would get say 400 SE from one and 400 LE from another). Back to the numbers 5,400 frags from a ruby chest : 5,400 x 3= 16,200 ÷ 25 = 648. So the frags could vary from 650 on down 3 or 4 hundred if you kept them all even. However if you wanted a ratio where you get more from one than the other that would work too, though you could end up with more than 16,200 frags total and maybe even less depending on the final numbers and randomness of each. If you kept and used the numbers from the earlier bullet SE being 2,700 and if that's all you got you would end up with 67,500 SE frags from the 25 item ruby reward, which is way over the 16,200, so it would have to be tweaked in a way so you wouldn't get that. Or just arranging the numbers of each frag item from the chest in a way where they are neither nerfed and pointless nor abundant and over rewarding. If this option is used it would have to be discussed on whether the 25 items would be bound or not, and i guess that could depend on the final amount of frags per stash item. Or whether or not it would be a max of 25 and not 20 or 15.

I'm sure i can add more to this and maybe i will, but i wanna get this up and out and maybe you all have more and hopefully better ideas or suggestions to help build and mold this into something better. But i just wanna put this out there and hopefully there are many that would appreciate an event along these lines.

#2 Airborne12

Airborne12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:09

Careful, I may want to vote you in as a smart cow!  Great idea Mr Bane.

Edited by Airborne12, 06 August 2018 - 05:09.

#3 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:51

it wont be a bad edition to the game.

#4 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 15:41

I think having more of a "frag stash" version, rather than Legendary and Crystalline events would help keep those items out the AH for longer periods of time and hopefully that would help keep them from being so over farmed so often. Also considering things there is no event to help with Super Elite items whether its a global that could drop them at a lower rate than current SE's, to account for the respawning differences from a global vs an SE.

#5 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 August 2018 - 16:13

Fantastic!

#6 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 17:10

I like the idea of the required weapon similar in style to say, the spook smasher. Perhaps it could be a set of items such as [cursed muramasa] (weapon), [Wicker of inight] (helm), [Ronins Garb] (armor), but rather then be purchased, you'd have to get the recipes from the brothers and hunt some [cursed scouts] or the like to get a few bits and bobs to make the gear since they would be crystaline themselves (albiet undreakdownable).

It would draw out the event a bit and add a bit of an anoying step sure, but i think it would liven things up as well rather then be a "go kill tons of stuff" or "here, buy this and go kill tons of stuff" lol. not that im saying the current globals are bad, just saying that a slightly newer goal would be cool to see :D

edit: also, he bits and bobs should be bound o3o everyone should earn their reward lol

Edited by goolsby7, 06 August 2018 - 17:17.

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#7 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 17:26

nice gools :) it would add another element and not make it such a 1 dimensional global per se... 

It would be nice if the items would break in some way so you couldn't necessarily keep them, and maybe because of that it would add more incentive for people to toss them after the event and make them have to reattain them at the next event with full durability. I mean realistically you couldn't use the same armor and weapons in battle over and over again anyways  :P

#8 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 19:45

wow this is well thought out!!!  i am in on saying GREAT IDEAS being thrown out!!

#9 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:06

I Like this idea it is about time someone else is trying to improve the game and not just criticize the game ,the legendary and super elite items are very hard to farm and could use some help to make potions easier to produce , i know i keep running out of legendary frags when making guild potions .Thanks for shining a light in this direction   :-)

#10 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:32

This may not be a popular concept since it involves composing and not everyone does it because of the initial grind of leveling it to a point where it is useful, which could be a big reason why it hasn't been brought about  :( The bad thing is you say "global" and everyone usually thinks potions, armor sets, and other items so frag globals always seem take a backseat even more with any kind of new/improved content.

And on the lines of the composing grind while we have Double Composing XP, cant we mix in a X% gold cost reduction event for like 24 hours or so, i think that would help just as much as double xp so people with less gold/fsp could make up some decent ground too. Considering the huge chunk of gold it takes to go through the levels and eventually get level 60 composing whether you go at a slow pace with no instas and little to no changes in your xp per pot, or try to speed it up with instas and constantly increasing your xp per pot when you are able to efficiently it can be costly either way. So that could be more helpful and maybe more appealing to people that dont really try to spend on composing to have something like that.

#11 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:32

Nice idea but lot of over overtime for cows.

Easier to spawn this one more often :)

Global Ruby Frag Stash II = 3x

Common: 3180 - 3180

Rare: 630 - 630
Unique: 555 - 555
Legendary: 480 - 480
Crystalline: 405 - 405
Super-Elite: 150 - 150

#12 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:43

They could do that WK, but that would again not focus on the frags mentioned. If they wanted to be that lazy about it, the easiest thing they could do is just make a "Frag Stash III" addressing the frags and just add it to the current frag globals.

#13 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:58

nice gools :) it would add another element and not make it such a 1 dimensional global per se... 

It would be nice if the items would break in some way so you couldn't necessarily keep them, and maybe because of that it would add more incentive for people to toss them after the event and make them have to reattain them at the next event with full durability. I mean realistically you couldn't use the same armor and weapons in battle over and over again anyways  :P

thats why i figured the crystal rarity would be good, as well as making them tagged to not be available to break down. Also, have them unaffected by unbreakable and give them a durability of maybe 50 or so, and then on top of that, maybe have recipes as well that work similar to the tiered epics, except that it instead increases the max durability :D

This may not be a popular concept since it involves composing and not everyone does it because of the initial grind of leveling it to a point where it is useful, which could be a big reason why it hasn't been brought about  :( The bad thing is you say "global" and everyone usually thinks potions, armor sets, and other items so frag globals always seem take a backseat even more with any kind of new/improved content.

And on the lines of the composing grind while we have Double Composing XP, cant we mix in a X% gold cost reduction event for like 24 hours or so, i think that would help just as much as double xp so people with less gold/fsp could make up some decent ground too. Considering the huge chunk of gold it takes to go through the levels and eventually get level 60 composing whether you go at a slow pace with no instas and little to no changes in your xp per pot, or try to speed it up with instas and constantly increasing your xp per pot when you are able to efficiently it can be costly either way. So that could be more helpful and maybe more appealing to people that dont really try to spend on composing to have something like that.

I could get behind this as well. The double XP events for composing are nice and all, but a reduced gold cost would do effectively the same thing realistically. Perhaps a 24 hour event where your insta-finish is free, but limited in this way.

(60-current composing level)+5=free instant finish available

This would give advantage to lower level composers while giving them some intensive to compose, while still giving higher level composers something as well.

Edited by goolsby7, 07 August 2018 - 04:00.

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#14 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:10

Crystal rarity for attacking items means they'll break down, that's easily sorted.

Regarding the prize idea, not sure why on earth the rarest frag would yield the highest prize. SE frags aren't used quite as much as the others and if you participate in other Globals, you can get a healthy amount. I'm level 55 and have 25,872 SE frags, just by taking part in the other Globals.

Perhaps a 24 hour event where your insta-finish is free.

Whoa! No, I do not see that happening.

~ Grim

#15 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 15:30

Perhaps a 24 hour event where your insta-finish is free, but limited in this way.

(60-current composing level)+5=free instant finish available

~ Grim

I can understand your aversion to the idea @Grim, but that's also why i tried to come up with a formula (however pitiful lol) to try and explain the reasoning. There's still the idea of a similar event with reduced costs, which could still help out lower players.

#16 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 00:22

ya i dont agree with the insta finishes, but the gold reduction i think would be perfect :)

#17 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:22

Crystal rarity for attacking items means they'll break down, that's easily sorted.

Regarding the prize idea, not sure why on earth the rarest frag would yield the highest prize. SE frags aren't used quite as much as the others and if you participate in other Globals, you can get a healthy amount. I'm level 55 and have 25,872 SE frags, just by taking part in the other Globals.

~ Grim

You should really share those frags grim :P Now i would agree you dont use much if any SE Frags for composing because of the formula in place. And trust me i know my numbers for the 3 Frag types were crazy. If you go by usage LE>Crystal>SE so LE frags would logically need to be at the forefront, just remember you said it and not me its not like i wanted that to be the case *wink**wink*

For people wondering who may not compose as much here goes possibly a more realistic potion people make to show costs

:

Step 1: Add Skills

Skill Level 19_b.gif Adept Learner 300 39_b.gif Conserve 300 24_b.gif Animal Magnetism 400 20_b.gif Librarian 300 67_b.gif Light Foot 740

Step 2: Review Fragment Usage

Fragment Required 0.gif Common 306 1.gif Rare 216 2.gif Unique 171 3.gif Legendary 141 5.gif Crystalline 96 4.gif Super Elite 18

Step 3: Duration, Tagging and Cost

Duration: 90 minute(s) Guild Tagged: Gold Cost: 183600 Time to create: 5h 5m

#18 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 22:58

*bumps for relevance and some to get more peoples feedback*

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 August 2018 - 23:41

I just want to say this has definite potential, and could do a lot for FS as a whole.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#20 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 14:47

I would likely participate (because that's what I do) but I don't see the need for a concentration on higher fragments (and I am level 60 Composing)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: