• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 tpau

tpau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 15:54

Why?  This game lends itself to being played by both pvpist and those who dont want to play that way.  An "opt in/out" for pvp would allow this.  FS, without a lot of changes, could become 2 games, keeping players of both.   PvP players have plenty of people to attack without attacking those who dont want to play like this.  Those who dont want this play could stay with the game as opposed to just quitting. 

#2 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 June 2013 - 16:00

because the cows want this to be a PvP game only, they don't care about players that like to level/do quests etc, i was constantly attacked by one player and submitted a ticket to HCS about harassment, they pretty much said tough, it's part of the game and as such i have stopped donating and rarely play now.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#3 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 18 June 2013 - 16:24

because the cows want this to be a PvP game only, they don't care about players that like to level/do quests etc, i was constantly attacked by one player and submitted a ticket to HCS about harassment, they pretty much said tough, it's part of the game and as such i have stopped donating and rarely play now.

It's quiete easy to stop your problem ... buy pvp protection and level out of his range.

#4 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 16:49

It's quite easy to say level up out of his range and buy pvp protection. I don't think it's as easy as you say. Takes me a while to gain 50 levels barring an xp event.

#5 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 17:51

Awww, this again.

Yeah, separate players in this game, that will work...

Leveling up(down?) or buying protection is apparently to hard.

This game was(is) mix of PvE-PvP from its start, instead of separating playeras- cows should focus on inproving certain areas that don't work like they should...PvP being one of the 1st things that need fixing-since it is almost dead.

#6 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 18:06

What would you propose as a fix?

#7 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 18:21

I honestly have no idea...

Someone will always complain against something...

I get it why people complain when they are hit, when they lose XP or a lot of gold...

Problem is - this game had no separation of levelers and PvPers, everyone who joined in and played it knows that.

Ladders were introduced, protection now exists in the game...you even have buffs that can partially protect levelers from PvPers...

Creating PvP only world or PvP only areas just can't work in this game.

#8 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 18:41

Problem is that as the available gear has become more diverse over the years, so too has the separation between those that can afford the best gear and those that cannot -- I think that is the real big problem of PvP nowadays.

Just saying to someone "Buy protection" -- well, if they cannot afford the gear, how are they to afford the Protection?

Just saying to someone, join a higher level guild... Take a moment to visit the higher level guilds -- look at the top 10 or so...you must be at least level 400 with min of 10K stam... so that's not an option for many players.

Look at the Enhancements -- they rarely kick in when a player is hit.  Case in point -- I was a target in a GvG (no big deal) -- but the point is, for every hit on me, not once did any of the enhancements kick in even though Dodge, Breaker, etc., are at 100%...

Point is, too much imbalance for those who can afford to PvP to those that cannot.  And, as some others have shared in this thread, that turns players off and they quit. Period.  Simple math.

#9 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 18:44

Agreed. We have to coexist. But to say its broken, how can they fixit if no solutions would work? In your opinion, why do you think pvp is near death?

And a solution does exist. Look at the Titan problem we had... Since the fixes, it's been awesome getting so many more guilds involved. I think it was watagashi(?) in another thread suggesting some nice ideas for pvp changes. Keep brainstorming. I will always throw my 2 cents.

#10 Ikkaru

Ikkaru

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 18:45

I have a solution. Stop having millions of gold on hand. Stop running your mouth to people.

Being a pvper for most of this game's life cicle, I can say for certain that almost never do you just get hit. If a pvp player targets you it is almost always for 1 of 3 reasons. Gold, you are a loud mouth, or you are in a guild with loud mouths. Stop doing those, you stop getting hit, normally.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

#11 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 18:53

Why?  This game lends itself to being played by both pvpist and those who dont want to play that way.  An "opt in/out" for pvp would allow this.  FS, without a lot of changes, could become 2 games, keeping players of both.   PvP players have plenty of people to attack without attacking those who dont want to play like this.  Those who dont want this play could stay with the game as opposed to just quitting. 

then if you wanted to split the game then there would be need to make a few other changes cause it still could be PvP on the non-PvP. these would be the other changes to allow the non-PvP side to come about.

there would be NO:

PvP gear that could be used as hunting set up

skills/ buffs and potions- in meaning dark curse/ berserk/ smashing hammer/ keen edge atc......

if your willing to part of not using the pvp gear and skill/buffs/ potions that have any kind of PvP aspect of use which would make hunting much more harder then cows migh tlook into it. if you think it would still be easy try a single hunt with out any of what I said. am willing to bet either you won't do it or have a very poor hunt and want to be allowed those things that have PvP aspects in a non-PvP side of the game. ;)

#12 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 18:59

how do i delete this...

#13 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 19:01

I have a solution. Stop having millions of gold on hand. Stop running your mouth to people.

Being a pvper for most of this game's life cicle, I can say for certain that almost never do you just get hit. If a pvp player targets you it is almost always for 1 of 3 reasons. Gold, you are a loud mouth, or you are in a guild with loud mouths. Stop doing those, you stop getting hit, normally.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Wow. Weird. A long while back, I was pvp'd about 10 times from the same person. They got maybe 30k gold from all 10 100 stam hits combined. Never said a word to them. They never said a word to me. Guild never said anything. I did bounty them maybe 5 or 6 times. I would have done 10 bounties but back then you could not place a second bounty until the bounty cleared so they kept hitting me every hour until my bounty cleared.

#14 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 19:04

Being a pvper for most of this games life cicle, I can say for certain that almost never do you just get hit. If a pvp player targets you it is almost always for 1 of 3 reasons. Gold, you are a loud mouth, or you are in a guild with loud mouths. Stop doing those, you stop getting hit, normally.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Probably a true statement, but not entirely accurate.  That is, I have seen players hit other players continually -- personal experience on the wrong end of it -- just for being in that range level.  And until you level away, nothing you do thwarts those attacks.

I like the OPTing in to PvPing -- and I am not talking about the PvP ladder -- talking about PvPing in general.

All other aspects of "retribution" to a PvPer are not deterrents.

Bounty Board -- other than perhaps EOC players wanting to lose levels -- PvPers will enjoy the "free" deleveling; their friends will help clear the bounties, thus no real punishment there; the PvP "victim" is victimized twice -- once losing levels and gold and another time losing more gold needed to place the bounty.  And certainly, to inflict max damage, 100 stam hits are needed.  However, that puts the players clearing bounty open to further bounties, so more risk to the non-PvPer.

Tweak the "VL"...that is, when Skill points are not applied, the player's VL is not affected that much.  Instead, make it a "real" VL.  That is, whether or not the player has assigned Skill Points, the VL is always the level attained based on the experience that got the player there, not how the player has allocated (or failed to allocate) Skill Points.

Just a few of my thoughts...

#15 Ikkaru

Ikkaru

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 19:05

You have your bio removed... I am gonna take a wild guess. You had some stupid threats in your bio way back when all this happened. Or it is possible that is when the smasher medal could be gained from regular pvp.

I said almost always. Lets use our heads.

#16 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 19:10

You have your bio removed... I am gonna take a wild guess. You had some stupid threats in your bio way back when all this happened. Or it is possible that is when the smasher medal could be gained from regular pvp.

I said almost always. Lets use our heads.

I wish I could tell you why my bio was removed... it was pretty hilarious but it had to do with titan hunting and folks buffing doubler so I lose stam... nothing to do with PVP.

I like Morderme's post... pretty accurate... I always track who clears my bounty and it's frequently a friendly so I lose out twice. My most recent attack, I lost about 2.5 mill xp and my attacker was cleared for 4mill... but his guild mate got some gold... nice sysstem...

#17 Ikkaru

Ikkaru

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 19:14

Your statement is flawed. A guildmate can not clear your bounty so how did his guildmate clear him and get 4 mil?

The system is fine, this game is advertised as a PvP game. If you are afraid of that, why would you start playing?

#18 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2013 - 19:19

The board works fine, if a player wishes for punishment  to be handed out, a player has to get their / or someone else's hands dirty. It's a cycle.

As for an opt in/ out of pvp in this game, with such few players, it would be the final nail in the coffin imo.

#19 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 19:29

Two interesting points just shared.

1.) A guildmate can not clear your bounty so how did his guildmate clear him and get 4 mil?...as true as that may be, just replace that with a friend as there are plenty of lose consortiums that work together on these types of activities.

2.) Sad, but probably true that... As for an opt in/ out of pvp in this game, with such few players, it would be the final nail in the coffin imo.... 

I say, though, restructure the PvP system, with some different parameters for OPTing in/staying out.

1.) Improve the Enchancements only for those that OPT out -- so they at least have a chance to retaliate based on their Enchancements -- which aren't all passive, BTW.  They are a result of being in a mature guild and the gear the player dons -- somethings the player can influence to a degree, if not a lot, without spending a fortune on gear sets.

2.) Improve/update the PvP ladder.

#20 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 20:03

Your statement is flawed. A guildmate can not clear your bounty so how did his guildmate clear him and get 4 mil?

The system is fine, this game is advertised as a PvP game. If you are afraid of that, why would you start playing?

I could've sworn it was a guildmate... Must have been an allied guild then.

So your vote is the system is fine and no changes need to be made to PVP as it currently is... So tell those folks that keep saying pvp is broken that it's fine.

I honestly didn't know this was a pvp game... I thought it was a mutli-dimensional MMORPG with many different aspects and  facets... Thanks for encouraging me to quit.

The only thing I'm afraid of is this game to cease to exist as I have an unhealthy addiction to it. The game mechanics allow for legal bullying... but your ok with it... I am speaking from personal experience and I'm sure I wasn't the only one... I was far enough in the game to know how to deal with it but as a new player, I would've quit before getting addicted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: