Photo

Auto Merging

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Auto Merging (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Sounds good?

1. Yes! Really nice idea! (13 votes [56.52%])

Percentage of vote: 56.52%

2. Nah! It won't ever happen! Bad idea. (7 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

3. Maybe! I would change some things... Not bad at all. (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 00:00

In my mind it would work like a "Merging Invite".

Only the overall Guild Founder would send an invite to other guild, so the Other Founder would vote if proposal is good or not.

If he decides for "good proposal", then members would vote for merge or not.

Then if the most part of members vote yes, guild would merge with another that invited.

*Once Guild Founder voted for "good", he authomatically voted to merge.

#2 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 00:04

Also, in Guild Preferences would have the option "Don't receive Merging Invites"

#3 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 00:16

Interesting idea but other areas need development before these nice to have features that probably won't be used too often

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 October 2013 - 00:28

It's been suggested before, in a more refined way (as in a more detailed suggestion) but got nowhere ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:26

It's been suggested before, in a more refined way (as in a more detailed suggestion) but got nowhere ...

Yes, I remember that one. 

It really depends on what is going to happen when the merge happens, one thing that should not happen is guild xp and guild upgrades moving over.. 

And if this were to be implemented, there should be an opt in option for the merging guild so that the members could decide if they wanted to merge with this new guild or if they wanted to move on.

#6 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:45

Interesting idea but other areas need development before these nice to have features that probably won't be used too often

Not about what need priority or not. I never said to implement it tonight! Just something I thought and solved to share with you.

I know it's not a detailed idea. But I was hoping you could help me to work on it.

Edited by Lellarell, 02 October 2013 - 02:52.

#7 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:50

Yes, I remember that one. 

It really depends on what is going to happen when the merge happens, one thing that should not happen is guild xp and guild upgrades moving over.. 

And if this were to be implemented, there should be an opt in option for the merging guild so that the members could decide if they wanted to merge with this new guild or if they wanted to move on.

I agree at all.  The only 2 things could happen are:

1st. An instant moving of members

2nd. To mix the Guild Store if:

a. All members merge.

b. There is enough free slots in new guild Store.

@Pardoux: about that "more refined way"  I'm sorry!      :P

#8 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:22

I agree at all.  The only 2 things could happen are:

1st. An instant moving of members

2nd. To mix the Guild Store if:

a. All members merge.

b. There is enough free slots in new guild Store.

@Pardoux: about that "more refined way"  I'm sorry!      :P

Those would work as well. And I like how its not as refined to begin with because we can build it up from the bottom up. 

#9 Dradin

Dradin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:24

If there was a way were two guilds could merge together, with the founders still being in Founder positions.

But allow the 2nd founder of the guild merging into the larger or main guild  to retain ownership rights of that guilds gear. No one has to give up rights/ or ownership of gear they spent cash on. ( IE...  Guild Founder of Main Guild has rights to his guilds gear, and any future guild gear, Founder who merged his guild to the other guild has owner ship of his old guilds gear, but the whole guild can use any guild gear). I feel this would help the game in several ways.  

1. This would Foster more guilds to consider merger's.  The end result is there would be more guild activity.   Which leads to more players sticking to the game.

2. Better equiped guilds which will benefit the players more. 

3. No one has to give up rights/ or ownership of gear they spent cash on.

4. Would be less Guilds in the server to maintain stats for, thus streamlining the servers.

5. Less Guilds to select from when Joining for new players so they might be in a better environemnt when they do join a guild.

6. Stronger guilds equals more players in the game.

I am sure there are more benefits to this if allowed.

#10 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:27

I'm not saying it won't ever happen, but I would want the option to say nah not really interested

#11 tadaven

tadaven

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 16:42

this is an interesting idea but agreed there would be lots of work for the specific features of how this would work exactly but ill vote for it

#12 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 19:00

this is an interesting idea but agreed there would be lots of work for the specific features of how this would work exactly but ill vote for it

Any idea? Could work fine if we make a good structure for it.

#13 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 19:47

I don't think a structure is necessary for this, just an option next to the 'join guild/initiate a conflict' options

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 20:27

The only proviso I'd like to make on this is that guild sizes can't increase beyond their current maximum size ....

I'd "LIKE" to see the size of guilds reduced but am realistic enough to know that won't happen now ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#15 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 19:48

The only proviso I'd like to make on this is that guild sizes can't increase beyond their current maximum size ....

I'd "LIKE" to see the size of guilds reduced but am realistic enough to know that won't happen now ..

I know that... Anyhow, if we can do things now could happen someday, so it's better than never.

#16 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 22:46

If things like upgrades aren't transferred, then it isn't a merger and I can't see the point in having it. I can't see the logic behind expecting people to simply junk the investment that has been put into their existing guild.

#17 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:00

If things like upgrades aren't transferred, then it isn't a merger and I can't see the point in having it. I can't see the logic behind expecting people to simply junk the investment that has been put into their existing guild.

Unfortunately we haven't players enough to sustain so many guilds and keep them growing. And if you try to talk with founders about merging they go berserk and want to kill you... So an authomatized invite avoid people of getting offend. That's the point.

Besides, if upgrades and all the stuff else were transferred... Think of For Fracks Sake and We are Legends merging...  LOL

It should be well defined rules.

#18 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 14:23

Besides, if upgrades and all the stuff else were transferred... Think of For Fracks Sake and We are Legends merging... 

I was thinking of them merging, actually. The merged guild will still have to conform to the limits on guilds, so couldn't have more than 124 members, only one scout tower, at most 1503 guild store slots ..., but within those limits they should retain the union of their guild upgrades. No one is going to accept a merger offer otherwise.

And I don't see how simply having an approved merger button is going to change the response of guild founders. If they don't like the idea of a merger they are still going to respond to that effect.

What is most needed is a mechanism that allows mergers without losing all the investment one has put into one's existing guild over (possibly) many years.

#19 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 14:34

Merging as it is doesn't transfer upgrades so why should they get transferred now just because an approved button is implemented? This idea is just to make the merging a little easier on the guild that is merging over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: