#1 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:25

I'll admit I am not an experienced PvP player, but I understand the appeal and appreciate the skill involved.  To me GvG is boring and probably doesn't satisfy as many players.  My idea presents a guild oriented PvP.  I understnad some of my ideas will be controversial but hope to get a friendly (key word) and constructive (also a key word) discussion going.  If we can figure this out it will add a new element that players will have fun with, and promote guild activity, pride and loyalty.

My idea basically tries to apply the PvP ladder to guilds.  Guild A sends a declaration of Guild War to Guild B.  Guild B can either accept or deny the War.  Once accepted all active members (non-purple dot) become eligible for attack.  For the purposes of the War, I would say GvG Attack Range would be appropriate.  No personal XP will be lost, but each target's XP (contributed to the guild) can be taken (and possibly even partially syphoned).  Therefore Guild XP is up for grabs.  IE this is not an XP Loss Free form of PvP

The war could last a designated amount of time maybe 3, 5 or 7 days.  Each successful attack could be +1 each successful defense could be +2.  Rewards to the winning guild could be automatic RP.  I think this works better than the PvP ladder itself as I don't want to limit Wars to a Guild Level Range. 

This will promote guild activity and guild pride.  It could provide more business for buff sellers as Guilds will look for people to buff them during a War.

And in the end if a guild doesn't want to participate they don't have to. 

I encourage all comments and suggestions, just please don't derail this as I think it could be a fun addition to the game if done right.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:36

As long as both guilds are willing participants (and there's no "penalty" for declining), I think it's a great idea.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:50

As long as both guilds are willing participants (and there's no "penalty" for declining), I think it's a great idea.

+1

#4 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:51

Loss of guild XP, and especially siphoned XP, will result in the top guilds being bombarded with little or no incentive for them to accept the challenge or try to challenge others.  Smaller guilds taking on larger guilds almost always have the advantage in gvg anyway so I don't see any advantages in this system for the larger guilds that have worked their way to the top.  I have to vote no on this one.

Screenshot everything!

#5 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 13:33

would think that, to be fair to both guilds, once declaration was accepted by guild B a clock (24 hrs?) starts ... to allow both guilds to prepare

"declaration of war was accepted! hostilities will commence in 23:59:59"

#6 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 20:33

As someone who's been part of small guilds, pvp-based guilds, and now pretty much the largest, I see very few instances where this actually gets used.

PVP guilds don't PVP to prove they can, there's usually a real reason. In that case, they're interested in XP, not GXP. And they certainly don't want the other guild to have to "consent" to being hit.

Guilds that are based around leveling have no desire to have their GXP taken, and too many of their members wear epics 24/7 for them to willingly participate in a war.

I think you've got the base for a good idea, but in it's current form, I don't see this adding anything to the game.

Edited by fusionj, 04 October 2013 - 14:06.

#7 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 20:49

to me,, dont really care for the idea

You are calling it a war but you add a part where they send a declaration and its accepted,, how many wars do you know where they wait for the ok to go ahead? 

So if you take that part out and instead say its a declaration and both guilds have say 24 hours to prepare then its on,, then its a bit more interesting. 

Please dont get it confused with pvp,, bad choices have screwed up both GvG and PvP ladder most of which was done to protect the victims,,, while id love to see guilds take EXP from one another I just dont see that happening to the ones who set themselves on top of the EoC ladder.

What it seems we have left is a guild conflict where theres no participation slots (tho at least 4 people in both guilds and I guess 2 people at least per guild to hit since that seems to make it a TEAM effort more than one,,, and ive argued how little sense that made since it was put in) and no set amount of hits with a extended time frams like 3-5 days durig which any member of either guild can hit and score +1 for a successful attack (and should lose one for a loss imo).

hmmmmm could work

at the end both guilds would get an amount of RP equal to about what that many hits would get for a gvg 50, 75, 100, could go higher.

The winning guild should get rating for the win but if this is allowed to go up to or higher than 500 hits then dont give extra RP its enough if you award based on hits. The losing guild should also get RP either severely reduced or a portion of it going to the winners. 

It might work, the only con I see is basically you are now doing mutiple GvGs on one guild which I see a few applications for but it may not get a lot of use other than stomping enemys.

#8 maf22

maf22

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:28

+1

#9 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:08

personally i feel that guilds wars should be like the ladder guilds have to opt into it and only top 3-5 guilds get something and scoring idk that up to u guys to decide

#10 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:06

I believe you have a good base for something here, but big guilds with players wearing epics 24/7 will not participate on this. 

Maybe create a Guild Ladder, where the guild can opt-in or opt-out, only the firsts 3-5 will receive something, without any XP taken or Gold, and create the option to attack a player with a Normal Attack OR Guild Ladder Attack will be better.

Will create some people leaving their guilds because he doen't want to repair his gear all the time, but without XP or Gold I can't see a lot of people complaining about.

#11 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:08

Please dont muddle these ideas together when they are taking parts of both pvp ladder and gvg that only screwed things up in their perspective areas,,,,

Opting in,, didnt work great for pvp ladder will finally make GvG the least used area of the game if you make it opted

A ladder,, not a bad idea actually perhaps regular resets (would kick those guilds who have sat on top of ladder with a pile of gear mules and limited target ranges after asking for both those changes added) and awards given for the top 5 or 10 guilds,,note I said DO NOT do a opt in! This is actually the best part of all these ideas since it will refresh and keep current the top gvg guild list and at least to a small part make surfing for hours to find guilds with more than one target for 2 people easier.

Consider a few more games to add to the gvg area but please keep the origional parts alone, some of us stayed here in FS because they system works in a net full of games that totally fail in guild conflicting.

Finally one last rant about opting,,,if you decide to ruin GvG,, and imo this will, by doing a opting system then at least add some part where in each realm area a player has to ask all the creatures in there real nice if its ok to attack them and then have us hug one another to death instead of all the violence against NPCs,, they may have been considering quitting anyway and gave nothing to the game but gods forbid if an attack is the reason stated for their leaving,,,monsters have feelings and can get all butthurt over a hit too!

Edited by watagashi, 04 October 2013 - 09:11.

#12 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 13:31

I just wanted to clarify this not meant to be a change to GvG this is meant to be something other than GvG and additional way to blame the game. 

I'm not trying to fix GvG, I'm trying to create more ways to play the game, more ways to encourage guild pride.

#13 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:05

I just wanted to clarify this not meant to be a change to GvG this is meant to be something other than GvG and additional way to blame the game. 

I'm not trying to fix GvG, I'm trying to create more ways to play the game, more ways to encourage guild pride.

That idea the Cows had a while back where guilds make their own Castle/Fortress on the actual World Map would be a better fit if you're going for NEW and something to take pride in. I mean how fun would it be to earn Castle defense parts like a real Ballista or Tar Pit to put into your guild's Castle. Could even tie that in to new Guild Achievement rewards.

I know it would take work but that would be an awesome new mini-game/GVG system that rewards teamwork. No more of the little 4 man GVG Guilds that only stick to players below 200 or the ones that only keep 1 player in any given range.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#14 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 21:15

I know you are but threads like this get a bit crazy sometimes and its how we ended up with protected gear mules and 2 people spending hours looking for guilds they can still hit together. 

I just had to beg for restraint before adding something to break it more was brought up :)

A new part of GvG that makes it fun to do again and doesnt screw up the origional part more would be great!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: