#1 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 17:36

So after some thought I have a idea for overhauling the entire process and stats of how we obtain any and all armors and what will the rewards be of doing so.

so 

1) I brought this up in a different post but It would work in a scenario such as this
3 different styled sets of armors with all different looks and general stats and individual rolls!

TOC= defensive gears
World bosses= offensive gear
Dungeons= hybrid multiple ranged gear

Ok so you have the three different styled gear sets all from different blends of events and requirements.

1) you have your toc gears that you can get only at random medium-low chances requiring 25+ waves of enemies for a chance of a sacred champions loot chest. Every piece of this armor gets a random defensive roll scaled by gem tiers/lvl. So it can be constantly reran over and over if someone desires a better armor piece with a higher or different roll,keeping toc in demand for those defensive liking players. Also having this gear keep its defensive rolls+ its gem slot and set bonus is gone! (oh no he didn't). Yes set bonus is completely gone! you have to depend on your rolls of your gear for this +gems. 

2) world boss gears get these are medium-really rare chances from world boss kills at a world boss armor chest, this armor will have the same idea basically as toc armor set with rolls+slots but will have offensive rolls and no set bonus,this will create a incentive to  do world bosses for those offensive players,make the offensive rolls effective enough and not too overpowered.

3) the dungeon sets that you can get  with relics and drops for bots and gloves etc. The normal gem slots+set bonuses and no rolls until the set is complete and it gets a set of rolls for 2 overall so all 5 pieces= +289 melee defense+272 melee attack power.

Create a new set of hybrid/offensive/defensive belts that require rare materials from all 3 events to be made by a crafter. so 20 pure iron ores,+50 iron ore+5 world boss metal strips  +5 toc leather strips +5 dungeon cloth or such.

Looking to see feedback from everyone or adjustments.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#2 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 18:22

Not going to happen.

lol.

not with the current mindset.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#3 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 18:28

Waste of time. They just need to get rid of set bonuses and boost stats on heroic armor so people can mix and match.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#4 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 18:30

If they can move on over with multiplayer concept of mmo , and how everything worthwhile should be from grouping up.

previously:

#5 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 18:31

waste of time...?

no...this creates more variety in the game for builds,more variety for appearance,more variety for end game content for people to resume with that's actually beneficial,without forcing people into only doing dungeons over and over again and creates more solo and multi content.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#6 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 18:32

waste of time...?

no...this creates more variety in the game for builds,more variety for appearance,more variety for end game content for people to resume with that's actually beneficial,without forcing people into only doing dungeons over and over again and creates more solo and multi content.

answere:

It's an mmo and everything worthwhile should be from grouping.

This is not me but the devs way of working. 

previously:

#7 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 19:07

And every single one of those are group related,with a small option of soloing some.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#8 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 12 June 2014 - 23:17

Why not smaller sets similar to sets in fallensword where only 2 or 3 pieces completed the set. So you could be wearing say 2 full sets, that way you could go for 2 offensive, 2 defensive or a mix of both.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#9 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 23:45

Why not smaller sets similar to sets in fallensword where only 2 or 3 pieces completed the set. So you could be wearing say 2 full sets, that way you could go for 2 offensive, 2 defensive or a mix of both.

its the same concept for this idea,but more variety thats why the other 2 sets dont get a set bonus but their extra rolls make up for it per piece.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#10 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:24

i like the idea it is at the least simular to my suggestion of creating multiple sets at each tier so players have choice. one thing though i do believe each tier should have a crafted set aswell 

when i suggested it i had world boss, dungeon, random pve drops, and crafted but this list you give is just as good (aslong as ad the crafted set aswell)

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#11 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:49

Waste of time. They just need to get rid of set bonuses and boost stats on heroic armor so people can mix and match.

These.  I'm really getting sick of the current itemization.  There is 1 "best" gear for all classes, you can't really replace a single piece with anything because everything is made of sets, and there are no unique set bonuses anyway, it's all stat boost, most of which are not "required" but convenient (10k hp rangers without putting a single point in vit kills the concept of a glass cannon, not to mention a teeny tiny 100 dps penalty for wearing a shield makes them pretty overpowered).  There is something wrong when the rangers have 10k hp, while the tanks have 13k hp.  25% difference in hp between tank classes and the "glass cannon" class.  

Edited by Alteration, 13 June 2014 - 04:50.

#12 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:03

Comments on the original post.  I think you're onto something really good with the mix 'n match concept.  The biggest obstacle being the size of the HCS staff, as I imagine this requires a ~huge~ rewrite.  So even if HCS fully buys into this, we won't see it for quite some time.  That said, here's my feedback.

1.  Keep traditional sets, perhaps special bonuses designed for 'pure' classes.  Along with Ernzor's suggestion for smaller sets this creates even more variety.

2.  As awollsd briefly mentioned, don't forget the crafters.  "They put it together at the end" is very poor compensation for the hours it takes leveling.  Either flakes must continue as is (acquired mostly through crafting), or some other incentive added (being discussed in another thread).

3.  Items should not be bound.  So a player who prefers TOC can easily trade with the player who prefers dungeons.

4.  Drops require careful balancing.  As it currently stands dungeon runs are far more common then TOC and WB.  To balance, TOC and WB (and arena) drops must be far more common per run.

5.  Not for me personally, but those who prefer PvP require some means to get the drops.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#13 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:08

Comments on the original post.  I think you're onto something really good with the mix 'n match concept.  The biggest obstacle being the size of the HCS staff, as I imagine this requires a ~huge~ rewrite.  So even if HCS fully buys into this, we won't see it for quite some time.  That said, here's my feedback.

1.  Keep traditional sets, perhaps special bonuses designed for 'pure' classes.  Along with Ernzor's suggestion for smaller sets this creates even more variety.

2.  As awollsd briefly mentioned, don't forget the crafters.  "They put it together at the end" is very poor compensation for the hours it takes leveling.  Either flakes must continue as is (acquired mostly through crafting), or some other incentive added (being discussed in another thread).

3.  Items should not be bound.  So a player who prefers TOC can easily trade with the player who prefers dungeons.

4.  Drops require careful balancing.  As it currently stands dungeon runs are far more common then TOC and WB.  To balance, TOC and WB (and arena) drops must be far more common per run.

5.  Not for me personally, but those who prefer PvP require some means to get the drops.

In all honesty,I had different ideas for crafting. Crafting should have heroic sets that have set+wep bonuses for all. so if you wear a entire set of armor and its corresponding weapons you not only get the general armor set bonus you also get a weapon set bonus.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#14 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2014 - 15:31

In all honesty,I had different ideas for crafting. Crafting should have heroic sets that have set+wep bonuses for all. so if you wear a entire set of armor and its corresponding weapons you not only get the general armor set bonus you also get a weapon set bonus.

I assume these sets are not bound, and the crafter can make them for everyone.  The problem with this is, as with any scenario along these lines, only one crafter per server is required.  Nothing that differentiates one from another.  There must be more then just "I get to make the same things everyone makes".  I could start asking for, or at least accepting tips (I only do that if being inconvenienced), with nothing unique the payments would never really compensate for the effort.

There have been suggestions on making crafting more unique, but these generally also assume a very large player base and an AH.  Games that go along this path also usually limit the amount of professions a player can learn, while each craft gives unique armor (or whatever) only available to the crafter.  So choice of craft effects endgame play.

A discussion regarding crafting is going on here: The key here, I expect a gathering/crafting component when I play an MMO.  I also expect I will be rewarded for my efforts and not just one more who does it.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#15 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 16:07

A discussion regarding crafting is going on here: The key here, I expect a gathering/crafting component when I play an MMO.  I also expect I will be rewarded for my efforts and not just one more who does it.

It's like your asking to get a different reward for doing the same dungeon as others.

what? :/

previously:

#16 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2014 - 17:53

It's like your asking to get a different reward for doing the same dungeon as others.

what? :/

What? :huh:   I know it was long, but did you read my full post?

I'm just saying that gathering/crafting requires some type of unique reward.  Beyond just being one more person who can craft the same item.  Currently the reward is flakes from dailies.  If we do away with flakes (or trivialize them by making them too common) then they need to be replaced.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#17 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2014 - 18:54

I wasn't saying it was a bad idea, just that it would take too much programming, compared to just removing set bonuses and making heroic drops usable. Why have rare drops in the game that no one uses? The fact is, we should be using them.

I am sick of the idea that the only armor anyone should use is ones with set bonuses, the concept in itself is one that limits builds severely.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#18 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:57

I am sick of the idea that the only armor anyone should use is ones with set bonuses, the concept in itself is one that limits builds severely.

Agreed.  Gear should be unique with different stat for all armor types.  Mix and match.  Customized builds.  Makes it more interesting, fun, and addictive.

Sets, if implemented, should be like ernzor suggested.  There should be smaller sets for 2-3 pieces of gear.  

#19 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 21:25

In an other game, you would get x bonus for 2 pieces of set and y bonus for 4 pieces of set. There were only 4 different armor slots. Here we got 5 armor slots + 4 jewelry + 3 weapon. 

I personally doesn't like the set concept, they should allow players to have only some parts of the gears.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#20 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 21:31

I would like to see non set items of mage Heavy armor and medium the medium having less sorcery them light and the heavy less sorcery them heavy but scaling up the vitality.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: